[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 36 KB, 437x513, OttoWeiningerspring1903.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
10027660 No.10027660 [Reply] [Original]

All memes aside, what the fuck was his problem?

>> No.10027670

Self-hatred?
I found his book in the library by the way, but too spooked to borrow it - and I don't think I'm even that interested

>> No.10027682

Jewish self-loathing and self-perception as a deracinated tragic nomad race is very common, and racial science was common sense in Weininger's day

He went looking for the qualities of modern man that were decadent and sickly, in a world that universally had anxiety bordering on mania that modern man had become decadent and sickly, and he found them in the streak of Jewishness running through his nature and through much of the European intelligentsia, and he attributed that to a more essential characteristic, primeval femininity, at the same time that Freudian psychoanalysis was coming up with similar ideas and various theories of ancient matriarchy were popular in intellectual circles

Those theories, of human nature as situated between two poles of masculine and feminine essence, and of deracination, are very interesting and actually presage Heidegger's sentiments on the Jews

>> No.10027723

>>10027682
I wrote above you
I shit on Freud, but vaguely (emphasis) human nature might indeed be situated around two poles of masculine and feminine. See imprinted brain theory