[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 199 KB, 274x294, 37934.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9908037 No.9908037[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Do you play MMO alone and hardly talk to anyone in the game just like your real life?

>> No.9908043

Fuck off with your surprise bars.

>> No.9908046

yes. most good players on MMOs are nerds, asians who can't speak english, or guys pretending to be cute girls. i normally don't talk to any of them

>> No.9908048

>>9908043
I thought they were called black boxes of secrecy.

>> No.9908053

No, but that's just because Guild Wars 2 forces you to make friends if you want to do almost any of the events

>> No.9908061

Yeah, I solo most of the time. I do join a guild though, so I know I'm not alone playing like this ;_;

>> No.9908076
File: 35 KB, 664x578, sadkuroko.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Even when I try my best to find people to play with and make friends, I end up being that one person no one really cares much about.

Last MMO, I stuck around with the same guild for over half a year, only to realize everyone had formed their friendcircles except me, and even people outside the guild were getting invited to groups before anyone considered asking me. When I quit due to no one wanting to play with me, only two people noticed, and no one commented on it. Just a "I'll miss you, I hope that you'll be able to play again sometime" would have been nice ;_;

>> No.9908098

>>9908076
what was your class?

I was a healer, and a lot of ppl are actually wanted me (My char) until to the point I almost broke my liver

>> No.9908103

>>9908076
Maybe they missed you but were too socially awkward to tell you, or those who cared weren't here at that time.
When I still played WoW, a friend stopped playing and unsuscribed when I was away for 1 week, and I never asked him if he had any other account I could contact him to. So I had no way to tell him that I would miss doing stupid shit and have fun together, and he never really befriended the other people in the guild, so I suspect no one said anything when he left.
The worst of it is that I can't remember his name.

Sorry for blogshit, but maybe someone considered you a friend, just like I did with that guy.

>> No.9908112
File: 109 KB, 792x717, 1339659452078.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9908076
I can actually relate to this. I even got called out on why I don't mingle with them. The only time they talk to me is when they need me for something.

Don't ever play WoW.

>> No.9908119

Last time when I over indulged in MMO games was with perfect world. It was freezing winter and pitch dark all the time. No sound or nothing. Got one week vacation and I wanted to test my limits. So I tried to play it 24non-stop. The game is very open and it can take 30 minutes before you bump into another player while you grind. Strengthening feel of isolation. Luckily I met soon this cheerful Mexcican girl who had habit of inviting anyone she met into party, so while I was with her questing process and success was quite easy.

>> No.9908138

My only interaction with other players is when I trashtalk slavs and gooks in EVE and WoT.

Feels pretty pathetic when I think about it.

>> No.9908163

Can we make a little /jp/ gaming club? It's probably been done already, so maybe someone can point me towards it. I usually just play old games, not MMO's...

>> No.9908191

Yes. Played EVE online alone for a while, it was kind of cool but just gets boring without anyone else to play with.

>> No.9908208

Is this an attempt to subtly make an mmo general thread?

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action