[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 119 KB, 640x480, 1349204211267.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9818993 No.9818993 [Reply] [Original]

Have you ever had job, /jp/?

>> No.9818998

Never.

>> No.9819011

>>9818993
only the blowjob i got from your mom

>> No.9819013

Never lasted more than two days at any place. I kept running away.

>> No.9819015

I did a donation drive for a charity once. For doing a half-assed job, i got a pack of stray dogs on my ass when I was walking by myself back home. Never again.

>> No.9819038

>>9819013
This is me. Every job I've had I go in expecting a mature work environment and it ends up being high school all over again (which was very bad for me)

My latest work endeavor was as an overnight stocking associate. They are always feeding you all of this professional stuff during the interview. I go in on my first night and just get bullied. It was a bunch of what seemed like, young kids and they had me doing everything while they just stood around. It was obvious what they were doing. About an hour in I just walked out.

Same thing happened at the job before that too. Someone intentionally misplaced my lunch from the refrigerator just to be an asshole so I simply left.

I'm a NEET and have no obligations such as a child or bills. My parents understand that I've had a rough life and they appreciate that I try.

>> No.9819044

I was a cook for a year

>> No.9819047

I-I sell my plasma. Does that count?

>> No.9819050

>>9819038
Shit, I wish my parents were as understanding. They constantly tell me I'm useless and do nothing to help. I am grateful to them for providing shelter and doing laundry for me but I am getting out of here once I have enough money.

>> No.9819055

>>9819047
you're basically a prostitute

>> No.9819056

>>9819050
How do you get the money?

>> No.9819060

>>9819056
Inherited a small sum and have been living off that for about 4 years.

>> No.9819058

>>9819050
Not that guy but you could try faking a suicide attempt. My parents were always on my case about getting a job and going outside and this and that. I did actually try to kill myself one night but was stopped by my neighbor. Now they cater to me while I play video games all day.

>> No.9819062

>>9819055
I-I also sell my sperm... I-Is that wrong?

>> No.9819065

>>9819058
I am actually going to look for work next year though. I figure I can feed my hobbies better with more money.

>> No.9819067

Sadly yes. Wish I could get some kind of NEET welfare benefits.

>> No.9819068

Still have the one I started about 6 years ago. The pay is pretty bad, but at least the office is full of people I don't hate, which is almost a miracle. I'll probably keep working there until I fuck up and get bootet out while I keep living at home because the pay isn't enough

>> No.9819071

I'm on the job right now. Get to sit around for four hours with minimum work!

>> No.9819072

>>9819068
What are your costs of living while at home? It is pretty hard to save up money to move out...

>> No.9819073

tried to find a job for 3 years

never got it

>> No.9819074

>>9819071
>Get to sit around for four hours with minimum work!
What do you "do"?

>> No.9819081

>>9819072
Well, I only pay my parents like 200 bucks a month and have already saved up quite a sum actually.
Saying I only still live at home because I couldn't afford living on my own really would only be half the truth. I probably couldn't keep up my current living standard, at least.
I'm also lazy as fuck and want to keep on reading eroge everyday

>> No.9819094

>>9819081
>pay my parents like 200 bucks a month
i hope it's because your parents are poor, and not because they are assholes

>> No.9819096

I've had a few jobs before and I was never once able to save any money from one paycheck to the next.

Not one single time, ever.
It's like half my money went to gas then whatever was rest I bought enough weed to last me till the next payday.

>> No.9819108

I lost all my jobs to a single missed day (in each job one obviously)

Once I don't go to work for one day when I'm supposed to it just snowballs into not going there anymore at all.
And then I get fired

>> No.9819109

>>9819094
We're not poor at all, but well. As long as they pay rent, buy food, even do my laundry and shit like that I really don't mind supporting them with a bit of money. I'd probably feel even more useless if I didn't.

>> No.9819113
File: 36 KB, 279x350, 1292272515300.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Several. First was at pizza hut, because I liked the idea of driving around in my car which I loved, listening to music. And secondly being away from my other co-workers most of the time sounded ideal. I quit because of school work and my boss was a jerk.

My second job was at a TGI Fridays, which my best friend hired me for and paid me $1.50 more than the standard hourly wage, to sit around most of the time and wait for To Go orders, which didn't happen that often. The business was shut down about 2 months after I started, but it was a good experience. Very easy and laid back.

The third was my first real job which was at an architecture firm, but it was just a contract paid internship to assess my value to the company. I had to compete with someone with a Masters in Architecture while all I had was an associates degree in drafting and other random certifications. I didn't last even 2 months. I had almost no idea what I was doing, and my chronic pain condition and anxiety absolutely traumatized me while I was there and I haven't had a job since. I've been a NEET for 1 year and 4 months now, with little hope for my future at this point if I can't find a cure for my illness.

>> No.9819132

>>9819113
May I ask what is causing your chronic pain?

>> No.9819137

>>9819108
This is what happens to me too.
I usually just stop showing up after the first or second paycheck.

>> No.9819150

I had a job once. I pretended to be a psychic and send text messages to people in americlap.

>> No.9819163

Why are all bosses such bullies?

I think that they're getting revenge for all the dick they had to suck to get to their current position.

>> No.9819165

I haven't worked in seven years. I'm better off now than I have ever been. I love the British benefit system.

>> No.9819169

>>9819163
Takes a certain kind of person to climb the ranks. And it isn't the kind to take it easy.

>> No.9819172

>>9819169
And in my experience, it isn't the smart kind either, just assholes.

>> No.9819178

>>9819113
dont give up on the architecture thing! get back out there! I do drafting myself, and I work for a steel fabrication company. All I do is draw beams and stairs and railings all day using AutoCAD. The work can be stressful and complicated sometimes but the pay is nice.

Have faith in yourself!

>> No.9819181

I was a chef and I didn't much like it. I guess I will eventually go down the path of Henry Darger and just become a janitor and then when I die people will find the mountains of weird art I made. I never used money for anything so I don't see the point in it.

>> No.9819196

>>9819074
Monitor printers and fill them with paper.

>> No.9819197

I have a part time job right now

>> No.9819210

I do odd jobs whenever I can, mostly tax less work, to scrape up some money. I'm an Electrician/ICT, but I've been unemployed since I graduated from the Vocational Institute I was in, been renting this room from a relative of mine for ages now..
Finally managed to cough up some cash to rent an apartment of mine, hopefully I can find one and be on my way, I just wanna be alone, doing cute things, I hate it when there's a person besides me in the house.

>> No.9819213

I work as a part time prostitute.
btw im a girl

>> No.9819223

>>9819213
That was quite a twist in your fictional story, thank you for spoiling it so as to not ruin the story prematurely.

>> No.9819238

>>9819210
I am guessing you have your driver's license and a car? I would pick up a trade if it didn't almost always require a car.

>> No.9819251
File: 54 KB, 333x477, 1349237718152.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9819213

>> No.9819267

>>9819238
No.. not yet, I've been trying to finish up the driving school for ages now.
I keep failing on the theory test, the image part, the images are always 300x400 and photoshopped, as in just awful, the last two tries I had one point over the limit, which really demotivated me,I do have a serious case of ADD, it could affect otherwise I was rolling with this old, senior fellow, with 40 years or so experience in the area, me being his apprentice, but he had to put his business down, so I haven't been working with him in a while, and besides, you don't really need a car, it depends, but mostly, since the materials are in the target place already, cutters and a few screwdrivers are enough for the job.

And Electrician is just my side thing, I dont have a major on it, I majored on networking, but you can't really find a job for that, so I'm doing something I have a slightly better chance of getting work.

>> No.9819279

Last job I had I walked out of after 4 months. It was 110F and normalfags were everywhere, the only peace I had was spending my breaks in a small meetingroom in the office side of the building. It was very quiet and air conditioned like the breakroom was, there was a nearby bathroom, and I always made sure to leave it in the same condition I came to it in. I was eating a cup of ramen and listening to my mp3 player when my boss walked in and turned on the lights and saw me, it spooked him pretty good. After that he tried locking the doors but I'd still find a way in, so one day before the shift he got everyone together and said anyone caught going back there would be fired so I walked out. He called me later that night but I didn't answer.

Thanks for reading, /jp/

>> No.9819283

I've never had a job and I can barely into college. I have to write an essay that's due in 5 hours and I haven't even started. I think I'm fucked.

>> No.9819291

>>9819267
Yup nothing wrong with diversifying a bit.

>> No.9819296

English teacher in Japan, yo.

It's barely a job.

>> No.9819297

>>9819279
I wish I could just turn off reality too sometimes. They need to make a OTC drug that lets you dgaf about anything.

>> No.9819299

>>9819283
How long does it have to be? I've written plenty of essays a few hours before the deadline, always submitting it online a minute before it's due.

>> No.9819304

>>9819299
Only a page but.... I can't do it man. I get why there are so many NEETs here, it would just be easier.

>> No.9819335

>>9819279
Sounds like how I dropped out of high school.

>> No.9819348

Nope.

>> No.9819350

>>9819304
just start streaming your consciousness. "Zuihitsu" style.

Thats what I used to do when I couldnt get started on my essays. The end products usually came out pretty shit but its better to turn in a bad essay than no essay at all

>> No.9819367

>>9819304
Why don't you.... buy some... drugs... man?

>> No.9819382

>>9819058
>faking a suicide attempt.

That's actually a really good idea, perfect for getting people off your back. It only works once though, I'd imagine.

Now then, what's the best fake-suicide method? Pills and such aren't really good since you'll end up in a hospital. Is good ol' wrist slitting an option?

>> No.9819385

>>9819382
its an awful fucking idea
do not do this.

>> No.9819396

>>9819385
Why not?

>> No.9819400

>>9819382

Faking suicide is just a downward spiral, no one will ever look at you the same.

>> No.9819402

>>9819396
99% chance you'll end up in a mental institution. (assuming you live in glorious 'merrika)

>> No.9819407

I've never had a job because I'm too shy

>> No.9819412

>>9819382
Probably the best fake suicide is something that takes a lot of energy and creates a lot of attention. Jumping off a high place usually can do this, but if you don't sell it, anyone will know you're faking. If you don't have anything to jump off of, then attempting to hang yourself would be the next best option, but you have to make sure someone notices you.

>> No.9819413

>>9819385
How is it an awful idea? The only downside is that they may constantly be checking on you to make sure you're alright. You may lose some privacy like I did but the rewards far outweigh the risks and downsides. Just imagine if your child tried to kill themselves. You would feel like a failure, the human being you brought into this world wants to die. Your parents would have to have some pretty serious psychological issues or be on drugs not to immediately start trying to better your situation by relieving stress/etc.

>>9819382
It's tricky. I used the wrist option but you have to go deep depending on how easy your parents are to fool. You also have to set it up so that someone finds you before you bleed out. I pretty much just got into my Dad's liquor and drank until I couldn't feel and did it in the kitchen. I left a trail of blood leading up to the bathroom so when my Dad got home he found me.

I would say go for stitches. When you get to the hospital there will be a bunch of people talking to your parents. Social Workers/Doctors/etc that will further aid you in your quest for having a responsibility free time of doing things you enjoy.

>> No.9819417

I am too ill to work, but not specifically ill enough for Doctors to realise.

>> No.9819426

>>9819413
My parents would be angry I failed in killing myself. ;_;

>> No.9819430

>>9819413
you are incredibly selfish

>> No.9819433

>>9819417
Time to ham it up?

>> No.9819435

>>9819407
Stop listening to the Smiths then, turbonerd.

>> No.9819440

>>9819413
this is not a good idea, well I never faked suicide but I have been diagnosed with depression by a doctor, I didn't tell anyone a year later I told my mum, and now she won't leave me alone.

Always giving me advice, asking me to do things with her, telling me to eat (even if I really am not hungry) she thinks I'm starving myself or something. If I stay quiet she asks what I'm thinking about. I can't get her off my back. This week I'm taking every fucking blood/hormone test available to see if my depression is chemical or whatever. I just want to be left alone in my room forever. I also have to see a fucking shrink.

>> No.9819448

>>9819402
Not true. It's completely up to the doctor, the conditions of your attempt and your state afterwards whether or not you'll be admitted. If you slit your wrists and just act very depressed afterwards the worst you'll get is a few days. (I did) but honestly it was like a vacation.

>> No.9819444

My mom has tried to kill herself on a few occasions so it takes away any drama I'd generate.

The best part is she looks down on other people that try as if it's her problems that are the only ones deserving of suicide. Or rather, attention generation.

>> No.9819450

>>9819433

As I said, "specifically".

There's a lot of minor, to moderate things wrong with me, which all combine to form something worse.

Doctors won't listen to me, or give ineffective medications. If I try to tell them everything they take even less notice.

>> No.9819455
File: 11 KB, 200x200, U-WOT-M8.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9819440
>mum

>> No.9819462

>>9819440
Yeah. Like I said. You'll lose some privacy and and they will always be checking up and worrying about you. You'll basically get your hand held through everything and babied. I guess it's not a good idea if you're a strong independent alpha male but if you are I'm not sure why you're here and not out plowing through sluts and lifting things.

>> No.9819463

>yfw 'merrikans clap after killing themselves

>> No.9819464

>>9819455
you got something to say nobhead?

>> No.9819465

Never worked before. I've tried, but nobody wants to hire me because I've never worked before.

When I was a teenager I got turned down fast food positions in favor of adults who were down on their luck. Now that I'm an adult, the same places turn me down in favor of teenagers.

I told my mom I could sell some of her old prescription medicine online, especially the old stuff she doesn't even use, but she's too afraid to go through with it.

>> No.9819469

>>9819462
Because some of use hate human interaction of any kind.

>> No.9819471

>>9819464
I'll fuq u up m8.

>> No.9819488

>>9819430
Am I? My Mom did cocaine and other drugs when she was pregnant with me. I have probably some of the worst gene combinations in our family tree. I'm short and have an incredibly small penis, I'm built weird too and am generally pretty unfortunate looking. Was it my choice to be born like this? No. In my opinion my parents are selfish for bringing such an abomination into this world. Why shouldn't I exploit them? Now if I were born tall and handsome with blue eyes I'd probably be riding my confidence into success instead of rotting away in my bedroom but life is just the luck of the draw.

>> No.9819495

I don't actually mind working, i treat working the same as breathing, and its never actually gotten me down, but I usually quit my job or get fired a few days into it, and when they ask why i always say something like "I don't really care if i work or not, I don't need money, so working, for me, is more like simply passing time and getting paid for it."
The place im working at know is pretty okay, relaxed and easy, and I only work for about 3 hours a day, making just over minimum, but i'm gonna quit today. Last night, my first day on the job, i got a hernia scare and had to leave work hour and a half into it, which just tells me "hey, dude, wtf, you don't belong here."

>> No.9819499

>>9819462
So either be babied by my mother, or plough through sluts?

No thank you I just want to be alone, ALONE. Or with James Franco.

>> No.9819507

>>9819495

I don't mind working at all and it's nice to bring home money. People, people are the reason I quit so many jobs. If I could work in a place that had no coworkers I'd be a happy productive person.

Then there's always the asshole that says "start a business then!" as if 99% of small businesses don't require a ton of socializing and networking, and I'm not smart enough to run an online-only company.

>> No.9819514
File: 154 KB, 1500x1200, 8004423ddbc58c39e06c4f5c23aa4f99.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9819132
>May I ask what is causing your chronic pain?

Irritable Bowel Syndrome accompanied with severe Chronic Pelvic Pain Syndrome. Had it for 4 years and it's really taken a toll on me... I diagnosed myself with both of them, very early on, and it turned out I was right on target as confirmed by all the doctors I've seen, even though nobody believed my pain was real and that it was all in my head. It's caused a lot more than just physical pain thanks to that... I may have a chance at recovery though over these next 4-6 months.

>>9819178
>dont give up on the architecture thing! get back out there! I do drafting myself, and I work for a steel fabrication company. All I do is draw beams and stairs and railings all day using AutoCAD. The work can be stressful and complicated sometimes but the pay is nice. Have faith in yourself!

Thank you very much for the encouragement, but until I get physically better I won't stand a chance at having a real job again. I used to love drafting so much, and even dropped out of real college just so I could get an associated degree instead of a bachelors because they didn't teach drafting in any colleges. But this illness has drained me mentally and killed my passion for almost everything. Can I ask you a little more about how you got into drafting and how you found a job? Hearing some success stories about my former passion may really help me out at this point.

>> No.9819512

>>9819488
Yes you are.
stop blaming your parents for your troubles.
they dont deserve to be 'exploited'

if you are healthy and have a fully functioning body then remember that there are people who have far worse genetics than you in this world.

>> No.9819520

>>9819507

There is an office parallel to my window. It sickens me to look in at the workers "networking". Their fucking miniture flags decorating the office, their goddamn palm tree...

I made sure to stand and scowl at them in my underwear, while drinking tea, this morning, but I don't think the sun goes the correct direction for them to see me. Maybe they just pretend they cannot see me to hide from the sickening truths both they and I know.

>> No.9819531

>>9819514

>Irritable Bowel Syndrome

I can't eat food any more with having to spend half the day on the toilet.

I miss proper digestion.

>> No.9819541

>>9819520
I'm sure that's why they pretend not to look at you buddy... Have you ever considered that maybe they're all closet homos who are waiting for you to whip your dick out?

>> No.9819544

>>9819531
Have you already tried many things to try and alleviate your symptoms? I recently found a couple of things that helped me quite a bit if you would like to hear about them.

>> No.9819555

I worked as a gas station attendant for about a month. It was hell. I will never do another job with so much overwhelming manual labor again, I'd kill myself before I did. And I love living.
I gotta get myself diagnosed one of these days.

>> No.9819557

I'm at work now actually.

Pretty easy job as the receptionist.

Almost nobody calls here so I don't have to answer more than maybe 4 calls a day.

And you only have to interact with the people that come in on a strictly business way. There's no way I can make small talk.

I just play Touhou and watch anime all day.

>> No.9819559

>>9819531
>I miss proper digestion.
i dont even have a large intestine

>> No.9819560

Never. My parents support me.

>> No.9819561

>>9819559
T-They surgically removed your large intestine? Why?

>> No.9819567

>>9819557
I can never find deskjobs like that around me. Everything is either fast food or labor. I'd do labor but those people only want to hire their families (and because I'm in the southern US, it seems like just about everyone is related except for me) and fast food places just want teens.

>> No.9819570

>>9819465
If you want a job you have to bullshit constantly. Everyone is fake as fuck. Work is the place where majority of bullshitting goes on. Everyone is lying to each other all the time. The best bullshitters have a leg up over everyone else. So learn to bullshit if you want a job. If you don't bullshit people will just see you as weird and not want to be around you.

You said nobody will hire you because you've never had a job. It's because you're not bullshitting. Most employers throw out resumes of anyone that's been unemployed longer than 3 months. If you've been unemployed longer than a year there's no way you'd even get considered. My current job I got working at a Fedex shipping center I just faked my references. My entire employment and everything on there was a lie. It got me the job, though, and I've been working there for a year and a half. For entry level jobs they're not going to check your employment history or references.

>> No.9819572

>>9819544

They only thing I've ever found is Mebeverine, a prescription drug, which Doctors won't prescribe to me. The ones I had prior were some left overs of my Mom's. It only works somewhat well, anyway.

I tried a highly fibrous diet, but that just made it worse, even after months.

Probiotic does not seem to work, though, I haven't yet found a place to buy the recommended dosage, I can only find it mixed with other things, so I can't take several doses without risk of detriment from the vitamins, or whatever.

If there's anything other than that, then yes, I'd like to hear it.

>> No.9819576

>>9819512
Whatever. Telling yourself that "it could be worse!" or "I'm sure there are other people who have it worse!" is just stupid. You know what? There are people who have it better too, so what about that? Being healthy doesn't mean shit. I'd rather have a 10 inch dick, beautiful and famous but also have cancer or something than be a disgruntled mongrel. You get no compensation or sympathy for being ugly, yet you get a lot of it for having an illness. My parents do deserve to be exploited, if they didn't I'm sure they wouldn't allow it but obviously they understand the that they made a mistake by deciding to conceive. The least they could do is let me live at their expense.

>> No.9819578

>>9819561
because of a disease

>> No.9819581

>>9819567
Well, I work for my university's newspaper. They take in anyone and are always looking for people.

Maybe it helped that the guy who recommended me is the general manager of the university's radio station.

He's also a /jp/sie. He drowns his anxiety out by working all day and night. I'm afraid he's going to get sick from overwork.

>> No.9819583

>>9819557
All the entry level deskjobs here are taken by women. Which is funny since they generally pay a buck or two more than more strenuous lower level "man jobs" but require much less actual work.

The bigshots in the company just want to ogle a female all day so there is no hope for a creeper neet.

>> No.9819588

>>9819570
This is true. I got my first and only job by bullshitting my way through the interview, claiming that I was a "team player" and a "people person".

>> No.9819595

>>9819578
Why don't they just repair you with stem cells?

>> No.9819591

>>9819588
I got my last job by lying when the HR lady asked what my "friends" would say about me. I didn't have friends so I just said they'd say I'm funny.

After that she was always trying to set me up for jokes that I would horribly fail at delivering. It was fucking awful and I would literally hide from her when I saw her coming.

>> No.9819600

>>9819570
My ass is ready to spew shit all over the paper, but I have to wait for something around here to open up first. A few places are, but I've already been interviewed at them so they'll wonder how I suddenly got years of experience in months time.

I can't afford a car to get a job at a better place until I get work here. Even places in walking distance still refuse me based on the lack of a car, though. The cable company down the street was training and hiring installation technicians, but I'd have to be able to drive to people's homes when installing cable. Sucks, I figure that would be good money for someone like me with low expenses.

>> No.9819601

Dropped out of college, NEETed for a year, then got a job I've held for the last six years.

>> No.9819605

>>9819601
Why did you drop out anon?

>> No.9819603

>go to job interview
>they ask me why they can't find my facebook profile
What should I do?

>> No.9819604

>>9819591
After I was hired, I mostly kept to myself and avoided my coworkers as much as possible. The manager seemed disappointed at first, but I did my job and I did it well, so she had no real reason to complain about me.

>> No.9819613

>>9819605
He didn't want to take drugs like a normal anon.

>> No.9819614

>>9819603
Fake it.

Make 50 fake profiles and put them as your friends.

>> No.9819619
File: 112 KB, 1469x879, employers_invading_privacy.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9819603
Obviously you need to create one and give them your password, and possibly your left nut as well.

>> No.9819616

>>9819601

>Dropped out of college

Oh, how I am tempted.

Well, if it wasn't for the money I'd already wasted.

>>9819603

Make a "fake" one, I guess. There would be the problem of adding friends, though. They can see how many friend you have, right?

>> No.9819617

>>9819605
Depression.

>> No.9819618

>>9819603
Do they really ask shit like that?

>> No.9819630

>>9819619
>please list username and password for all websites you have account on
The fuck? Is this real?

>> No.9819629

>>9819603
Link them to this website since it's the only one you browse.

>> No.9819632

>>9819629
Should I show them my post profile? I've made some pretty good ones over the years.

>> No.9819631

>>9819617
I would have been you right now if it wasn't for my best friend.

I'll thank him for the rest of eternity for being there for me. I want to suck his cock too, but there's no way I can tell him that.

>> No.9819636

I think sometime in the future I'm going to make fake facebook profiles and post them in threads like this for /jp/sies to use as filler.

>> No.9819646

>>9819630
Probably. Most companies would be better off firing their entire HR department.

>> No.9819651

>>9819618
http://mashable.com/2012/08/07/no-facebook-psychopath/
>Not on Facebook? Employers, Psychiatrists May Think You’re a Psychopath
>The publication went as far as to say that Facebook abstainers have reason to be suspected mass murderers.

>> No.9819661
File: 163 KB, 600x600, 1348967626455.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9819651
It's already happening!
I guess I should make one before I get arrested.

>> No.9819662

>>9819651
I was asked to show my facebook profile at a job interview so I stated that I didn't use facebook because I was uncomfortable with their policies. The interviewer seemed satisfied with that answer but then again I didn't get the job

>> No.9819664

>>9819661
It's the Daily Mail. It's a piece of shit website.

>> No.9819673

>>9819662
Just say tried Facebook but you ended up getting a virus off of it and stayed away from it since. Then say you're not good with the internet. That might work unless you work with computers.

>> No.9819674

>>9819664
Of course I'm joking. No good hiki would be caught dead with a fucking facebook.

>> No.9819676

>>9819673
I'd rather look socially concerned over facebook's corporate policies than retarded

>> No.9819677

>>9819661
If Facebook, or whatever replaces it in the future, becomes an actual requirement for work, I think I'll just give up and turn to thievery. Of course I would just target businesses, not homes.

>> No.9819679

>>9819676
No. You want to look like a normalfag. Normalfags are retarded.

>> No.9819680

>>9819673
>FACEBOOK GAVE ME THE VIRUS
>I SWITCHED TO MAC AND HAVEN'T LOOKED BACK
>ONLY APPLE IS SAFE A COMPUTER
I'm sure they'll hire you buddy.

>> No.9819683

>>9819677
What about when everyone lives in VR worlds and the only money and possessions are digital? How will you steal then?

>> No.9819687

>>9819677
I'm not strictly christian, but I do believe in certain prophecies, and I've come to the conclusion that social networking sites are the supposed "mark of the beast". Eventually, you're going to need one, or you won't be able to live within the US. It's already socially unacceptable to not have one now.

>> No.9819693

>>9819680
That'll hire you on the spot for that and everyone will give you a standing ovation. You'll get nowhere trying to impress imbeciles best to just pretend to be one of them.

>> No.9819695

>>9819687
That's an interesting comparison. You should start a blog and write about it. Not even joking.

>> No.9819699

You dudes should try factory work.. can be quite easy.. you just have to be able to handle temps as high as 120F..

>> No.9819703

>>9819683
When everyone else is in VR I'll lurk in the real world. If I can't steal food or anything, I'll go live somewhere like a forest. I'm sure there will still be places left untouched. Hopefully.

>>9819687
I'll gather my motley crew of autists and we'll tear down the system.

>>9819699
No factories near me.

>> No.9819706

This thread is making me sad.

>> No.9819707

>>9819699
Factories are basically staffed by some guy's family, extended family and family friends.

>> No.9819716

>>9819572
At first, I found that Elavil helped reduce my symptoms, and especially helped me sleep when my pain was bad enough to keep me awake. A lot of doctors prescribe Elavil to IBS patients. I was very sensitive to it though and 50mg would sedate me quite a bit, and I would have bad constipation, so we lowered the dosage. The longer I took it though the less it seemed to help. Now, I am taking 1.5mg of Clonazepam up to 2x a day, a tranquilizer, that isn't powerful enough to sedate me but has significantly reduced my IBS pain (the pain located in my mid to upper abdominal region, which is assumed to be my IBS pain). My psychiatrist prescribes me just about anything I ask him to, especially if I express to him how much pain I am in, and if I can justify why I think I need it after doing my research on it.

As for a high fiber diet, stay away from insoluble fiber, and if you are taking soluble fiber, they say to start with lower amounts and work your way up gradually. I haven't found that fiber really does much for me though so I can't vouch for it personally.

Another thing is to really watch what you eat and limit your diet to some of the different IBS food plans, such as the FODMAP diet. Personally, I looked at all the different foods from all the different IBS food diets that I could find that people said were alright with some IBS patients, and just picked ONE thing to eat out of all of them. I consumed nothing but fruit smoothies for a few days, and my symptoms seemed to get slightly better and not get worse, so then I concluded that smoothies were okay for me. Then I included skinless baked chicken for a few days, and that caused me no problems either. That, to me, seems like the safest way to identify which foods I could eat. Good luck.

>> No.9819715

>>9819707
Or one like mine that hires all the meth addicts!

>> No.9819719

>>9819687
>living in the U.S.
Why would you do this?

>> No.9819727

>>9819719

Some people are born there.

Migration isn't easy.

Sucks to be them, though here isn't a whole lot better.

>> No.9819729

What do anons do for depression? I've heard ketamine works in low doses.

>> No.9819735

>>9819719
How can you leave when you can't get money? Besides, I doubt anywhere else will treat me much better. Like that old fable about the donkey who prayed to Jupiter that he could live somewhere else. But each place he got moved to, he still didn't like.

>> No.9819736

>>9819693
>Facebook gave me a virus
It's so retarded it just might work. Then you'd have to listen to some idiot that has no fucking clue of what they're talking about giving you computer advice.

>> No.9819737

>>9819729
I don't take medication because if they worked, /jp/ would be all normals.

Plus, they cost a fuckton, and since I live in freedumb loving murrica, I don't have insurance.

>> No.9819743

>>9819737
I'm pretty sure ketamine is illegal to buy and pretty cheap.

>> No.9819756

>>9819735
Yeah, this. At least here, retards are worshiped like gods for absolutely no good reason. If I can get some autismbux I'd be set.

>> No.9819753

How much does it pay to make programs and shit in Java or C?

>> No.9819763

Seems like the only entry level jobs in NYC are either retail or food service.

I'll be damned if I have to work in a group. Gonna apply to be a aircraft deicer for $15 a hour but I have a feeling its not gonna be steady work. I think I'm just gonna save up $1500 for a cheap Honda to deliver pizzas in for Dominos/Pizza Hut/Papa Johns. At least maybe the pay is good and I'm better with strangers 5 mins at a time.

>> No.9819757

>>9819737

Medication really doesn't work. I got put on various ones for years and they did little, to nothing - often making certain things worse. I stopped bothering, eventually.

>>9819729

Distraction. Usually putting something noisy in the background will be enough to disrupt your though processes.

Sitting on 4chan in depressing threads does not help, so don't do it. I am doing it right now because I want to feel shit.

>> No.9819766

>>9819753
Or what about Common Lisp and Perl?

>> No.9819769

>>9819753
However much you can sell them for.

>> No.9819773

>>9819757
I'm telling you man, all the good medications are illegal. Fucking 'merrika.

>> No.9819776

>>9819769
So it's basically just scamming people into paying high amounts of money for a shitty half-assed product?

>> No.9819780

>>9819773
How else can you make money off of something that's cheap and easily available? Make it illegal.

>> No.9819782

>>9819776
Just like any other business.

>> No.9819785

>>9819776
You can do that or be more legitimate. I was thinking more along the lines of I hope you seriously don't think someone is gonna pay you if you don't have a finished product.

>> No.9819793

>>9819753
It's not the language, it's who's the client. Making custom software for business is good pay but soul killing. Banks and insurance companies and their ilk.

>> No.9819796

Yes. It was awful.

We are just slaves to the upper class who control all the land. They force us to sell our souls and a half, or more, of our waking lives, lest we face homelessness.

>> No.9819794

I was a ticket inspector in an artcinema for a month. Being paid for doing fucking nothing in the 80% of the time wasn't bad at all.

>> No.9819804
File: 6 KB, 184x274, 31.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

in the year 2020 they will arrest you for not having facebook

>> No.9819806

The closest I came to having a job was in high school. I had a friend who worked at Chick-fil-A, and I wanted some extra money so I asked him if he could get me a job there. He set up an interview for me, but I chickened out and didn't go. I hope I never have to work a day in my life. Even the basic chores and errands I have to do are intolerable. I am 23, though, and I know what's coming eventually. I don't know if I'll be able to cope.

>> No.9819809

>>9819804
No, they will just put you on a watch list if you don't and monitor your internet activity until you commit anything they can charge you for (like piracy, or obscenity) and then they will arrest you.

>> No.9819822

>>9819806
Wait, no. I'm 22 I think. It's hard to remember my age sometimes.

>> No.9819816

>>9819804
I'll register a fake facebook then, set an almost NSFW 2d girl as my profile pic, friend 50+ other fake profiles, and like every 2hu/LN/VN/anime/manga/vidya character and meme I can think of.

If they want a facebook profile, they can have it.

>> No.9819817

>>9819804
Nah, you'll just be considered mentally ill.

>> No.9819823

>>9819576
Im a different poster than the previous one you were arguing with

Even thou I don't share your approach to your situation the least I can do is respect it because you deffinetly have a point

But what leaves me wondering is the following idea

Is easy for me to realize that you are a very smart person... or at least your emotional intelligence is great enought to gain profit over the assesing of their feelings

In onther words, you are better than they

Don't you think that you are losing more benefits of what you could do with your intelligence over the fact that you keep feeling you are mad with them and had conveinced enough that you can confortably live on them?

>> No.9819824

>>9819817
Well I guess that's alright, aren't most of us here collecting disability anyways?

>> No.9819825

yes..oneof those holydays kind of jobs where you work you ass off and recieve a lot of money

>> No.9819842

>>9819816
The point is you having a facebook profile under your name with your picture so they know it's you. Not just happening to have a facebook that you created.

People google your name and look you up on facebook before hiring you. If they can't find anything, then obviously you have something to hide, or are antisocial and therefore have no place being in a mature workplace.

>> No.9819848

>>9819822
This is not related to the thread, but about two years ago I had to get my high school transcript and the woman I had to talk to asked my what year I graduated so she could find my it. I couldn't remember the year, and I tried to add it up in my head but couldn't do it, so I had to call my mom at her job to ask her what year I graduated. It was incredibly embarrassing and the woman looked at me like I was a freak or something.

>> No.9819859

>>9819842
Just say you'd rather not support a company that makes it's money by selling people's personal information.

>> No.9819849

>>9819842
>mature workplace
>>9819680

>> No.9819856

>>9819822
I think I'm 24. I might be 25.

>> No.9819867

>>9819859
No, that doesn't work, normalfags have already been programmed to call that "terrorism".

>> No.9819873

>>9819859
That'll come off as pretentious and condescending. Odds are they will use Facebook and take it as an insult toward them.

>> No.9819879

>>9819520
You made me choke on my drink. 10/10 post, keep it up.

>> No.9819890

>>9819873
>>9819867
Then you could just say you don't feel comfortable using facebook because of their privacy policies.

>> No.9819895

That feel when you're in your mid-twenties so you can't learn any new skills, and you've tasted the forbidden fruit of NEETdom so you don't particularly care to try.

>> No.9819899
File: 153 KB, 887x850, piss.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Not having Facebook is going to hurt your chances for having a job in the future. Already some companies will ask, as part of the job interview, for you to log onto your Facebook account on one of their computers so that they can examine it. If you say that you don't have one, they will obviously think that you are lying and not give you the job.

>> No.9819905

>>9819890
Same shit. Normalfags get offended easily. Just say durr what's a facebook and blend in. Pretend to be one of them. Be like an animal that mimics its prey; except you're dealing with normalfags so you have to mimic retardation like them.

>> No.9819921

>>9819890
I have told people this and they don't understand. Even if you mention things like targeted advertising, the terms on ownership of your data, and cite specific examples of how this has been abused, people don't get it and they don't care. To them, why does this bother you? You're getting a free service in return for some relevant advertising, and it's not like you have anything to hide!

There was a point when I used to hate these people. But really, it comes down to a matter of principle. If people don't care, they simply don't care. It's not even a matter of ignorance, because many of them continue not to care even when they sit down and do some research.

>> No.9819942

Before I dropped out of uni, a few people would ask for my Facebook, and I'd say I didn't have one. I got bored of telling the truth so I eventually just used quicker excuses like, "Oh, I don't spend much time on my computer," (despite being a computer science student) or, "I never used it so I deleted it."
This still baffled people because most student socialising took place through Facebook, and this was the equivalent of saying, "I have no friends," or, "I never socialise."
That didn't bother me because it wasn't too far from the truth. What bothered me was that some charming hipster from the digital art course was in my secondary circle of friends, and he didn't have a Facebook either. But when he told people, he'd say, "Oh, I just think it's pathetic," or, "It's too mainstream," (yes, really). He was pretty much insulting the users of Facebook, but they all thought he was so deep and mysterious, because he was attractive and charismatic. He's too cool for Facebook! #omg!

Fucking people.

>> No.9819939

>>9819899
You guys can bypass all the Jewbook questions if you work directly for family members that have their own business.

If course the pay will be shit, and the hours long, but what isn't? Oh yeah even after you get the work you have to be outgoing and social. This is seriously making me reconsider my stance on the uncle remus guide.

>> No.9819941

>>9819905
>>9819921
Especially if you're dealing with HR people. Facebook is their lifeblood and they have psychology degrees. They're dumb as bricks. They'll probably think you're showing signs of paranoid schizophrenia or whatever goes through their airheads. Just feed them some bullshit like Facebook gave you a virus; its a level of stupidity that they can sympathize with.

>> No.9819944

>>9819939
>You guys can bypass all the Jewbook questions if you work directly for family members that have their own business.

Which of course doesn't help most people.

>> No.9819945

>>9819921
>>9819905
I guess theres no winning. Time to move to the PRC.

>> No.9819946

I worked for 6 months in a company that made shitty games as a programmer. I hated the games, my project was the worst shit in the company. Eventually I just couldn't do something so pointless and quit.

It's mentally exhausting and stressful to work on a dead end project, especially when you are the person responsible for it.

This affected my confidence greatly, I couldn't communicate with people normally. It felt like I was 2 levels below everyone else.

Since I left about 40% of staff quit.

>> No.9819954

>>9819942
>too mainstream
This is brilliant

>> No.9820002

>>9819899
>as part of the job interview, for you to log onto your Facebook

a company can do thta..if its wants to get sued

i only post pics of touhous in my facebook page

would anyone hire me ?

>> No.9820004

>>9819941
My psychiatrist believes in chemtrails, FEMA camps, HAARP and various Roswell theories, but she thinks I'm exhibiting paranoid symptoms because I refuse to have a Facebook due to privacy concerns.

>> No.9820006

>>9820002
Why would they get sued? It's a matter of policy, not legality, like having a dress code.

>> No.9820011

Job seekers getting asked for Facebook passwords

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/job-seekers-getting-asked-facebook-080920368.html

>> No.9820013

>>9820004
Psychology is basically the university version of the special needs class. You mean your psychologist not your psychiatrist right?

>> No.9820020

I'm just glad this whole "going to school"-thing ended for me long before facebook was created.

>> No.9820022

So what are they judging on Facebook, exactly? I can get wanting to know the character of your employees, but why not just interview them? I doubt too many people are going to have photo albums of themselves doing drugs when an employer asks for their Facebook.

If I made a Facebook and applied for a job, could I be turned down due to a lack of friends?

>> No.9820025

>>9820022
Yes, because it shows you can't work with other people.

>> No.9820027

>>9820022
Lack of friends would probably be interpreted as you being poor in social environments and teamwork, so they would not hire you.

>> No.9820028

>>9820013
She's a doctor and she's qualified to give psychiatric diagnoses, so I imagine that's a psychiatrist.

>> No.9820030

>>9820022
You give people too much credit, they're a lot dumber than you think. Normally people put their every thought and action on facebook. It surpasses a diary and they treat it like a part of their brain.

>> No.9820031

>>9820028
Can she prescribe you drugs? Psychologists can't do that, but psychiatrists can.

>> No.9820037

>>9819942

It's no secret that an attractive, and a less attractive person doing the exact same thing can produce opposite responses.

>> No.9820040

>>9820022
They're weeding out NEETs and people with non normal social lives.

>> No.9820043

So, the UsA and yurop are proceeding towards an orwellian police state?

And they taught us communism was bad...

>> No.9820044

>>9820006
Discrimination is what people claim is dangerous for the company legally. Say that you put that you're gay on your profile.

>> No.9820046

Facebook is only brought in job interviews in the US, Canada and UK.

>> No.9820050

>>9820006
Several people are taking companies to court of the issue. I don't think there have been any outcomes yet, though.

>> No.9820053

>>9820031
She writes my prescriptions, yes.

>> No.9820059

>>9820022
Why do normals do all their socializing through facebook? Whatever happened to talking to people face to face, or over a phone?

>> No.9820061

>>9820031
Psychiatry is the special needs classes of medicine. They're really no better.

>> No.9820068

>>9820043
Propaganda. Communism might be bad, but it's become just like "land of the free", an idea that is thrown around because people want to believe their country is better than others.

>> No.9820073

>>9820044
So if I make a fake profile and put that I'm gay on it is it guaranteed hiring or a guaranteed win in a lawsuit if they don't hire me? I might try this.

>> No.9820074

Facebook is like a secret resume

>> No.9820080

>>9820059
I wonder this too. I mean, I am an introvert, but even I think it's pretty pathetic, even though it sounds like something that would be convenient for me. Before I shut myself off completely, I always told people that if they cared enough, they would phone me and we could meet up, or email if they wanted to use a computer. I actually lost a few acquaintances because talking out loud to someone (or even just opening a mail client) is too much effort compared to Facebook, and it worked as a good filter. I'm no egoist, but if you can't be bothered to use the traditional communication method called "talking", then you have no right to consider yourself my friend.

>> No.9820082

>>9820011
>Neither Facebook nor Twitter responded to repeated requests for comment.

That's too bad, I really want to see suckerberg dance around the issue again.

>> No.9820086

>>9820073
I don't think there's been any case won because of a discrimination argument yet. It's just a potential legal time bomb.

>> No.9820090

>>9820082
Facebook will probably create an easy access system for employers to view profiles.

>> No.9820098

>>9820059
As we all know, normals are unfeeling, selfish drones that are used to being abused. It's simply a faster means of spreading gossip that is available 24/7.

>> No.9820099

>>9820059
In college I was dragged along to some house parties. Now, when you think of a party, you think of the most social thing possible. But what actually happened was a group of 20 or more people all texting each other or posting Facebook updates from their phone. They spoke and mingled and fucked too, but at any point in the evening at least a fifth of the people there were on their phones, and at some points a weird, viral crowd thing happened and every single person in a room would whip out their phone.
Imagine you're at a ball in the Victorian era, then you sit down and start reading a book. When did this become acceptable behaviour?

>> No.9820101
File: 187 KB, 597x1240, randi_suckerberg_wants_to_end_anonymity.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.9820105
File: 119 KB, 326x284, 1323478533464.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Speaking of facebook...

Social network giant now monitoring users both online and offline

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10000872396390443862604578029450918199258.html

> For years, Facebook users have known they "might be targeted based on what they posted online, but that was separate from what you did off of Facebook or in the real world," said David Jacobs, EPIC's consumer protection counsel. "Now the rules have changed and this information is being matched or cross-referenced."

>> No.9820104

I'm starting to wonder how difficult it would actually be, being homeless.

The alternatives are becoming increasingly few.

>> No.9820107

>>9820099
When America said it's okay for people to act like monkeys again.

>> No.9820112

What was that new global intelligence system that uses facial recognition to track people in the street?

>> No.9820140

>>9820112
Facebook Camera

>> No.9820163
File: 971 KB, 1914x1080, baba.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

who baba yetu here?

>> No.9820198

>>9820140
Facedeals.

Oh yeah that's going on the new google glasses too.

>> No.9820213
File: 31 KB, 628x418, serge.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9820198
Who told you those lies? Google glass will not have ads. And unlike facebook you can flash a custom ROM.

>> No.9820215

>>9820198
Everyone will be fucked in the future.

>> No.9820230
File: 14 KB, 320x240, borg.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9820198
Soon...

>> No.9820239

Technology, SLOW DOWN!!

>> No.9820242

>>9820215
I'm going to live in a cave with a Leemote Yeloong like Stallman.
Try to invade my privacy now.

>> No.9820243
File: 74 KB, 560x274, VR.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9820230
very soon...

>> No.9820255
File: 609 KB, 975x1155, tomorrowcity.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Where did we go so wrong?

>> No.9820266

>>9820242
Tiny drones with cameras everywhere in the air.

>> No.9820261
File: 110 KB, 752x1024, 11jlqwp.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9820255

>> No.9820262
File: 950 KB, 1000x669, gno.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9820242

>> No.9820282

>>9820261
Now I'm sad.

>> No.9820287

Why do they even ask for a facebook password? It's not like HR departments can't just bypass the precious "privacy settings" anyway.

>> No.9820306

>>9819706
Me too. How can I take it easy with all this negativity floating around /jp/?

We don't need facebook, guys; we're all friends here anyway.

>> No.9820304

http://www.kqed.org/a/kqednews/RN201205031730/a

>Jerry Brown (gov California) signs law prohibiting employers and universities from demanding your social media passwords

Can't believe it got to that point. Still, it doesn't stop them from nor hiring you if you don't have a profile or it is private.

>> No.9820309

>>9820261
Oh god, it's real.
http://www.snopes.com/photos/people/jackson40.asp

>> No.9820310

C-Can I just tell them about my Google+ account? All I use it for is to follow stuff like twitter.

>> No.9820311

>>9820306
I would never be friends with someone as positive as you.

>> No.9820312

smh at people who use Facebook like a Diary than a communicating tool

>> No.9820317
File: 149 KB, 756x942, optionics.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

With Google Glasses will Johnny finally be able to record what goes on in the classroom?

>> No.9820326

Maybe I should become some crazy homeless vagrant like Diogenes of Sinope or something similar; I think the role would fit people like us well although I lack real wisdom.

>> No.9820332

>>9820309
I wasn't sure if it was legit or not. Thanks.

>> No.9820338

>>9819848
I was doing a psych evaluation and the doctor asked me what was the name of the current president of our country. I had no fucking clue. It didn't just skip my mind, I really didn't know.

>> No.9820347

>>9820338
Isn't it Clinton?
Wait, how long has it been...

>> No.9820350

>>9820338
This happened to me, but I remembered he was black so I just said, "That older nigger gentleman".

>> No.9820351

>>9820338
I doubt many /jp/ers are up on current affairs.

>> No.9820366

>>9820326
Diogenes was the first truNEET, and the first /jp/sie.

I wonder how people took it easy back in Alexander's Greece.

>> No.9820370

>>9819942
See, if you are good looking and can hold a conversation you can say whatever the fuck you want and people will think it's cool and smart.

>> No.9820379

>>9820370
It goes like this

Normal person: "So, what do you like to do?"
Attractive person: "Oh, I like to eat my own feces, you know."
Normal person: "Oh wow, that seems really interesting! I've never tried that before."

>> No.9820376

>>9820366
>Diogenes was the first truNEET, and the first /jp/sie.

I think people on /jp/ should look into his philosophy and lifestyle and learn from him. Should probably make a thread at some point.

>> No.9820401

>>9820379
It's more about confidence. If you believe you're attractive and act like you are, people seem to accept it. Normalfags love those talkative extroverts.

>> No.9820436

>>9820376
I never knew of this man. Finally, someone else who doesn't wish to associate themselves with normalfags. I just thought I was being edgy by saying it was either me or normalfags who weren't human.

>> No.9820452

Several. I always wind up broke anyway so what's the point.

>> No.9820457

This makes me wonder...would it be possible to compeltely fake everything on a Facebook account you just create to apply for a job withstupid shit that seems amazing to those retards?
Like pictures of yourself rockclimbing (photoshopped), you showing off "your" cool Harley, you playing guitar and piano, you in Rome/Paris/Berlin pretending to be aquainted with the local culture and the language, you as the captain of a football club and of course yourself in a labcoat.

>> No.9820481

>>9820457
I don't have enough time to live this life, what makes you think I have the dedication to fake another?

>> No.9820491

>>9820481
photoshop is really easy to use and there are many pictures on the web.

Some can even be shot for real, like standing next to a random Harley.

>> No.9820492

>>9820481
I wonder if there are any good facebook maintainer bots out there.

>> No.9820493

>>9820457
Yes, absolutely. These people are only interested in 'knowing' you at a superficial level so if you were to skilfully erect a grandiose veil like you mentioned, you would be well-respected and admired by your peers. You'd probably get lots of female interest as well - especially so if you displayed an air of mysteriousness too! I recall a story of some autistic guy on /fit/ who did something similar with some success; he even made false accounts for imaginary 'friends' to make him look more popular.

Fuck, this is depressing.

>> No.9820509

I just got home from my job as a club bartender. Maybe I'll call my girlfriend later to play some PoFV after I finish smoking this bowl.

>> No.9820510

>>9820493
But it's like trying to impress monkeys. It doesn't matter unless you actually care about what normalfags think of you.

>> No.9820512

>>9820493
You don't even have to fake friends. Many people on Facebook with big friend lists will accept friend requests from everyone because they either care about the number (lel) or don't want to offend an old acquaintance they forgot by declining the request.

>> No.9820515

>>9820512
But why would anyone send me a friend request?

>> No.9820519
File: 59 KB, 375x500, 08.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9820515
I would do it.

>> No.9820521

>>9820515
He was implying that you should send requests to random people you don't know.

>> No.9820522

>>9820457
It's totally possible. As the other anon says, it would be an enormous plus. Most likely it'd be easier to get a job, and females would be all around you. Though you have to be not ugly, of course.
But here's the thing: Would you want that? Would you like to be around those people?
A good amount of Anons would have no problem faking everything (on the contrary, internet culture can easily make you quite decent at faking at some level: trolling, image editing skills, an enormous amount of shallow knowledge), but me at least, I wouldn't be able to take a step among those people and that ambient without being painfully disgusted.

>> No.9820524

>>9820515
I ain't yo friend, so stop lookin' at me.
I ain't a rapper, so stop rapping at me.

>> No.9820525
File: 1.74 MB, 1028x4636, moses_garza_iii.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.9820526

>>9820519
le implyment anyone wants to be e-friends with a dumb unfunny and uninteresting person like yourself.

>> No.9820529
File: 48 KB, 573x398, yukon.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9820515
I created a Facebook under the name Yukon Cornelius just to stay in touch with someone I no longer talk to and still got random friend invites from people I didn't know that lived nowhere near me, nor where I listed my residence (North Pole, Alaska). People just look for "friends" to add to their collection.

>> No.9820530

Got a job as an electrician for Electric Boat a month ago. If anyone lives in CT/RI/MA and wants a job, they're hiring. It can be hard labor at times though.

>> No.9820533

>>9820525
You got the one of the friendless Apple addict who thinks he's a hacker?

>> No.9820540
File: 113 KB, 511x1072, script_kiddie01.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9820533
I don't think so. But I do have this.

>> No.9820549

>>9820059
What I don't understand is not why people do it, but why normals do it. Considering normals consider time spent online worthless and false, and believe the only true way to spend your free time is getting drunk with friends and having promiscuous sex, you'd think they would be against things like this.

>> No.9820550

>>9820525
The ones where he talks about 9/11 and Mein Kampf are funny.

>> No.9820551
File: 1.51 MB, 1605x2790, apple_fanatic.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9820533
This?

>> No.9820555

>>9820540
Why would anyone even bother to prove someone who is that ignorant wrong. You would look stupid just because you wasted your time replying to them.

>> No.9820558

>>9820540
Artem is a bro. I bet everyone thought he was a cynical douchebag, but I'm glad he exists.

>> No.9820560

>>9820540
Eh, it's okay, not as good though.
>>9820551
No, wasn't a hardcore cultist he just liked them. He thinks opening the back of a smartphone is hacking.

>> No.9820564
File: 165 KB, 580x773, 1276777192860.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9820551
>tattoo

Softcore as fuck.

>> No.9820568
File: 7 KB, 117x122, 1332727511147.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9820551

oh god

it's just a fucking technology company

>> No.9820567
File: 24 KB, 405x57, facebook.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9820551
You know, I hate to say it, but he has a damn good point. Hopefully a bunch of teenagers read all his updates and took some time to reflect on themselves.

>> No.9820571
File: 367 KB, 1057x930, nef.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9820560
You must be talking about nef.

>> No.9820582

>>9820571
There are always going to be stupid individuals and I hate that the internet has given them a spotlight (even if it's make fun of them), but I have to wonder how serious people like this are. Does he believe the things he types, or is it all a ruse for attention? How conscious is it?

>> No.9820583
File: 560 KB, 731x566, nef_using_dir.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9820577
Here, have a bonus image.

>> No.9820585

For my CS degree I have to get an internship to graduate. There's a job fair for it this Tuesday. I'm steadily getting more nervous and stressed as it gets closer to then. With these kinds of things I always start off thinking 'eh it's not a big deal, no pressure!' and but by the night before I probably won't sleep more than three hours.

Anyone on /jp/ have tips? I honestly have no idea what you do at job fairs.

>> No.9820577

>>9820571
Yes, thank you friend. I keep forgetting his name.

>> No.9820586

>>9820549
When normalfags spend all day on facebook it's totally normal and healthy. Or when they stare at a television all day.

>> No.9820589

Is it true that jobs exist where you can work from home for a company and get paid based on completion of tasks rather than how many hours you put in per week? Or is that just a myth? I keep getting told by my parents that, "oh, just because you can't leave the house due to your illness doesn't mean you can't find a job and work at home."

And they've never shown me any example of someone else doing this or that these jobs even exist.

>> No.9820590

>>9820571
Unrelated nitpick: stop annotating images like this. He said something dumb, you do not need to point out that it is dumb. It's like explaining the joke or talking over a movie.

>> No.9820592

>>9820583
He didn't habitually type ls before he typed dir? What a n00b.

>> No.9820596

>>9820551
>>9820567

He actually seems like a nice guy. Of course, apple is shit, but who am I to judge with my japanese bullshit I enjoy? Gotta respect that apple otaku and his pure love.

>> No.9820595

>>9820592
>type ls instead of dir

a-are you me?

>> No.9820597

>>9820585
Ask >>>/adv/
I don't mean to pick on you like this, but most of /jp/ are NEETs. This isn't /r9k/ for weeaboos. This thread is about whether people have jobs previously. The fact that you are in education and seeking employment means you're in the very wrong place.

>> No.9820599

>>9820590
I didn't create the image, if you're implying that.

>> No.9820601

>>9820583
"Hey guys I'm a hXc hacker!"
And then he takes a photo of his monitor instead of using printscreen. What?

>> No.9820607

>>9820599
I just mean in general. Feel free to ignore me, it's simply one of my pet peeves.

>> No.9820610

>>9820601
CSI + Normalfag Facebook Addict = l33t h4x0r

>> No.9820611

To the guy posting Facebook pics: Could you just fuck yourself forever, ``onegai''?

>> No.9820612

>>9820601
This is real deal hacking, bro. None of that Photoshop or emulation shit.

>> No.9820618

>>9820596
Yeah, I don't like Apple but I can respect his passion. It is rare to see people like that.

>> No.9820619
File: 77 KB, 500x500, 1260022403269.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I worked in a food court in a theater. It was open 365 days a year. Working on christmas sucked, working on my birthday sucked worse. I was a good employee but ended up quitting after about two years because I started having frequent breakdowns after getting home from my job.

Been jobless for over a year now.

>> No.9820620

>>9820582
I did just a bit of that same chuuni shit. I said I could code in various languages. I was around twelve.
It wasn't really conscious.

>> No.9820627

>>9820589
YEAH MAN I MAKE 150K A YEAR WORKING AT HOME AND SO CAN YOU

>> No.9820628

∧_∧   ∧_∧   ∧_∧   ∧_∧      ∧_∧
 ( ・∀・)   ( `ー´)  ( ´∀`)  ( ゚ ∀゚ )    ( ^∀^)
 (    つ┳∪━━∪━∪━━∪━∪━∪━┳⊂     つ
 | | |  ┃This thread has peacefully ended.┃ | | |
 (__)_) ┻━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┻ (__)_)     Thank you.

>> No.9820630

>>9820589
Yes, I worked like that for a little while as a web dev.

>get paid based on completion of tasks
You should only attempt this if you are very experienced. It's very easy to underestimate the amount of work and fuck yourself over by doing a huge amount of work for pennies or missing your deadline.

Hourly rate is better because it takes away some of the responsibility form you.

>> No.9820639

>>9820628
SANK YOU EBERYONE

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action