[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 180 KB, 1024x576, sasuke sharingan on uses susano.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9803908 No.9803908 [Reply] [Original]

Is it me or as soon as VN gets translated it kinda loses its charm?
Don't you just hate it when some visual novel you really liked gets translation?
Just thinking about all those subhuman English only peasants laying their eyes on the sacred masterpieces like Muramasa and Sumaga makes me feel sick.
Instead of something treasured, enjoyed and loved, your favorite visual novel becomes just another title on a subhuman VN checklist. It's not so special anymore, and you can't really enjoy a good discussion either. Since now it's something what a hand of Shit-Midas touched.
It doesn't mean that you hate it, no. You still love it. But you can't enjoy it as much as you did before now. And neither you can share your enjoyment and thoughts with others.
Why? Because the one who's going to awnser your post will be not the last week's guy whom you talked to about VN you've just finished, but a vile, rejoiced subhuman who wasn't even anticipating translation for that creation.
But can you blame animals for being animalistic? Of course you can't. It's natural for subhumans to spoil something, since they don't care about feelings of others, neither they care for culture and masterpieces.
Just like the savage barbarians who entered Rome, they'll bring down everything, leaving only ruins and abominations.

But these are only my thoughts. In them, you probably won't find the answers you seek, but may they at least give you some food for thought.

>> No.9803916
File: 11 KB, 238x211, high fives.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9803908

>> No.9803917

But subhumans can't read letters????

>> No.9803920

Kill ALL subhumans

>> No.9803925
File: 489 KB, 1920x1080, 1329331441261.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

your tears are delicious, OP

>> No.9803936

Go back to bed, Moogy.

>> No.9803945 [DELETED] 

What I agree on is that you can't really grasp everything in VN, without missing out something(jokes, puns, proverbs etc) if you are reading translation.

>> No.9803950

What I agree on is that you can't really grasp everything in translated VN. You're bound to miss out something like jokes, puns, proverbs etc.

>> No.9803962

>implying anyone on /jp/ can read japanese

>> No.9803981

>>9803925
hd reaction image? epic dude!

>> No.9803977

>>9803962
You don'tknow me! Check that privilege

>> No.9804058

>>9803908
People like you don't enjoy the untranslated VNs, you just need something in your life to feel superior over other people.

You disgust me. Don't dare to say you love the games if you throw them away later.

God fucking dammit, if a game is fun then it's fun. Who the hell cares about what others think? you are not better than one of the whiny frogs from /r9k/.

>> No.9804072

Muramasa wasn't even that good. Most of the japanese only guys surely have shit taste. Learning japanese just to play these games isn't worth it, trust me, /jp/.

>> No.9804082

>>9804072
>Muramasa wasn't even that good.
Elaborate.

>> No.9804083

>>9804072
English only subhuman trying to disguise himself as one of the jp-reading masterrace detected.

>> No.9804088

>>9804083
He's not subhuman, just another human like yourself.

There's no such thing as a subhuman.

>> No.9804111

>>9804072
>Learning japanese just to play these games isn't worth it, trust me, /jp/

You are so full of shit. Learning Japanese so I can play eroge is one of the few things in my life that I don't regret.

Please don't discourage others just because you're bitter.

>> No.9804107

Have fun with your overrated crap, OP.

>> No.9804113

Couple of tips

-You're using the wrong insults to reverse troll this VN, try calling people who don't want to learn jp lazy and saying you achieved fluency in four months.
-Accuse the people who discuss untranslated VNs in here of being posers who use machine translation and thus don't really appreciate these masterpieces
-Pick a different VN and starting image, you posted this at least 10 times this week, all the discussion has dried up.

>> No.9804159

>>9804088
What about niggers and jews?

>> No.9804224

>>9804159
Well obviously there are some exceptions.

>> No.9804230

>>9804159
What about them?

>> No.9804250

Hey OP I agree with you. Would you please contact me via my email??? I wish to discuss a few things :D

>> No.9804254
File: 289 KB, 744x536, chuuni.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.9804265

edgy and hipster? that's a new one

>> No.9804332

>>9804254
Oh knock it off already.
Muramasa is a well told story and you fucking know it. Yes, it can be a little grim, sometimes even excessively so, but overall it's pretty solidly constructed game.

And this is coming from someone who prefers to play games about cute girls drinking tea, so don't even try to pull that "edgy" shit on me.

>> No.9804343

>>9804332
Just a little bants mate

>> No.9804352

Casuals and normies, OP.

>> No.9804446

>>9804343
Yeah, but this shit is getting out of hand. It's just not Muramasa or /jp/ either, there's people all over the place parroting this nonsense unironically.
You know at this point, I'd almost prefer the company of the trenchcoat wearing Naruto fans this stuff was originally meant to lampoon. At least they've got honest enthusiasm going for them instead of a artificial cynicism deployed for the sole purpose of looking cool in front of the internet.

I'm sorry about all that. I guess I just had vent.

>> No.9807984 [DELETED] 

sure fukatsu

>> No.9808010

Don't listen to OP and his inferior hipster taste. By the way, I can read japanese.

>> No.9808063
File: 195 KB, 800x600, capture_003_18092012_222403.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9803908
I agree with you on some points but you must already be aware that this is true with all media. F.ex. once DayZ got popular suddenly all servers were filled with "bandits4lyfetrustno1" type of players. Majority of people are idiots so of course opening up a way for wider audience will also increase the likehoods of assholes appearing.

Majority of the VN translations butcher the original writing horribly and then we have /jp/ and /vg/ filled with people who actually think that visual novels are only for "emotions" and that they shouldn't be "taken seriously". In addition the English community has sort of a worship relation to translators. Those who read VNs in Japanese tend to discuss art style, writing, pacing, voice acting, different studios etc. whereas English community's discussions are usually limited to "I want to suck translator X's cock , he is better than translator Y".

What's most appalling to me is that secondaries can't use spoiler tags. When Umineko got translated suddenly every board (/jp/ included) was filled with "XYZ is the culprit, you should already know this if you have any interest in visual novels xD". Same for Kara no Shoujo. I went to check out it's intro movie on youtube after finishing Cartagra and the first fucking comment was "LIEK DIS IF U CRIED WHEN XYZ CHARACTER DIED ; ( +49 thumbs up".

Though it's not all bad. I'm also happy that I'm able to share VNs with my brother and some good buddies who don't read Japanese.

>> No.9808131

>>9808063
I love Youko.

>> No.9808153
File: 482 KB, 2816x1762, romance novels.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Damn man, this is fucking embarrassing.
Every time I see someone talking so seriously about VN's, this is what I think about, and how funny it would look if a grown woman talked about these cheap novels like they were the best thing ever.

>> No.9808157
File: 217 KB, 800x1130, 3439.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9803908
>Muramasa and Sumaga
YES

>> No.9808160

>>9808153
English visual novel expert with 10 finished titles detected.

>> No.9808165

>>9808131
Her voice could be used a weapon though

>> No.9808190

>>9808153
What the fuck is Running With Scissors doing on that shelf?

>> No.9808191

Is it me or as soon as Moon gets colonized it kinda loses its charm?
Don't you just hate it when the Moon you really liked gets colonization?
Just thinking about all those subhuman ground-only peasants laying their eyes on the sacred masterpieces like Tycho Crater and Serenity Base makes me feel sick.
Instead of something treasured, enjoyed and loved, your favorite Moon becomes just another location on a subhuman map. It's not so special anymore, and you can't really enjoy a good discussion either. Since now it's something what a foot of Shit-Midas touched.
It doesn't mean that you hate it, no. You still love it. But you can't enjoy it as much as you did before now. And neither you can share your enjoyment and thoughts with others.
Why? Because the one who's going to awnser your post will be not the last week's guy whom you talked to about Moon you've just walked, but a vile, rejoiced subhuman who wasn't even anticipating technology for the landing.
But can you blame animals for being animalistic? Of course you can't. It's natural for subhumans to spoil something, since they don't care about feelings of others, neither they care for science and exploration.
Just like the savage barbarians who entered Rome, they'll bring down everything, leaving only ruins and abominations.

But these are only my thoughts. In them, you probably won't find the answers you seek, but may they at least give you some food for thought.

Buzz Aldrin

>> No.9808199

>>9808153
Have you even read any of those man? They are some of the most profound pieces of literature of our time. Don't let the Western culture deniers tell you otherwise.

>> No.9808223

I don't care. If I liked something I wouldn't mind other people enjoying it even if it's a watered down translation of it.
Actually, I couldn't care less about what other people think or the fact other people have read it.

The only downsize is if it gets too popular and then talking about it impossible (see: Muv-Luv).

>> No.9811127

>>9804107
how can you call it overrated when you haven't even read it English only scum

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action