[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 22 KB, 320x214, 1348903385100.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9796537 No.9796537[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

You will never again eat a glorious square pizza with tiny cubes of pepperoni, drink a chocolate milk, and then go outside for recess and play Butts Up, then come back in and get to play Oregon Trail since it's "Freeday Friday Afternoon"

How does this make you feel, /jp/?

>> No.9796539

I never played the computer games in class since I didn't want to stand out...

>> No.9796541

My middle school ordered pizzas from a local pizzaria, because we're obscenely wealthy. It was all cheese, though.

Also, what the fuck is Butts Up. Learn to Four Square.

>> No.9796543

I'm getting old, kind of sad

>> No.9796548

ameriblimps ate takeout pizzas in school?

>> No.9796552

>>9796548
We had shitty rubber cafeteria pizza.

>> No.9796553

I hated the square pizza, i loved the other kinds though. My favorite were the soup and grilled cheese days.

Also my favorite recess activity was the swings, they were just chill and was fun to see how far you could fling your shoes.

>> No.9796554

I don't remember doing any of that.

>>9796539

Me and my friends played counter strike in grade 11 and 12 computer science. grade 11 was just after our work and grade 12 was instead of, teacher even gave up teaching anything or doing tests it was kinda funny watching her be defeated so hard. She didn't even fail anyone.

>> No.9796555
File: 13 KB, 432x324, 1337136300299.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

HOLY *SHIT*

they had those pizzas at other schools too?

I didn't play butts up though, I played four square.

I feel violated. Like my childhood was cheap now.
When every kid had the same pizza, the same PET box milk, and played oregon trail on freeday friday.
Was it really that pointless, that it's practically a canned standard childhood?

>> No.9796557

Oh god, the school pizza was shit and no one played with me in recess because I beat up all the people who bullied me.

>> No.9796559

I remember when I was normal. Good thing this is only a dream

>> No.9796562

no wonder americans are so fat

>> No.9796565
File: 315 KB, 652x360, school-lunch-pizza-zunique-cropped-proto-custom_28.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

My school had the round pizza. I really miss these thing sometimes especially now because I'm starving.

Then I get real pizza and forget about it.

>> No.9796566

Our shit has been overrun with Murikkan culture but at least we didn't have pizza at school. I guess that's what happens when everything gets privatized.

>> No.9796569

>>9796565
Those round Pizzas cost 2.50 each in my school, it was horrible. The rich kids always got in that line to buy a pizza, even if they ate only half of it. The act of buying it and being in that line made them feel superior I assume.

They had to move it from the little stand it was located though, since people would take two pizzas and put it in one box.

>> No.9796576

feels bad man

>> No.9796578

I never liked those pizzas and I don't remember a time when I wasn't outcasted and or terrible at "normal" things.

>> No.9796590

I had the square pizzas throughout all but one year of school. That year was spent at an inner-city highschool with a large black population. They had regular pizza slices and it was actually quite good. Only problem is that was all they served, along with a nasty chicken sandwich or a horrible soyburger. Each day it was the same 3 choices, and it indeed got old.

I'd always be grossed out by the kids that slathered their pizza squares in ranch or mayonnaise

>> No.9796599

We played dodgeball.

Usually Prison or Wizards and Warriors versions.

And we played Oregon Trail or watched Disney movies/cartoons. The ones before the jew takeover.

Really good times...

>> No.9796600

My schools always had round pizzas that had a normal slice.

All I did for recess was read fantasy books from the library.

Our school was too poor for computers at the time.

Our fridays weren't anything special. Same work, no freedom. What we had was one-hour-shorter wednesdays.

>> No.9796608

>>9796590
Ugh, speaking of that.
There was one version of those round pizzas with a strange name. I think it was spicy chicken special or something of the sort.
Never in my fucking life have I ever seen or smelled something so repulsive.

It was a pizza with ranch dressing instead of tomato sauce, with spicy chicken instead of pepperoni over the cheese.

It always sold fast.

>> No.9796615

Most of the time the gym teachers would make us play "matball," which was basically a shitty indoor form of kickball that the gym teachers did because all it involved was a volleyball and 2 mats.

I was already small for my age and was a year younger than my classmates so each day for gym I'd have to stand before all my peers and embarrass myself with my inability to kick a ball, even the girls kicked it farther than me.

I believe that these years aided in turning me into the submissive weeny that I am today.

>> No.9796624

I remember making these animated stick figure cartoons in Powerpoint by having the slides display at high frequency.
I spent entire years of IT on those things, so much time that I didn't learn to touch type until high school (years 7-12/ages 12-18 in this country) and I still know less about Excel than the average office worker.

>> No.9796635

I didn't do any of this shit.

Got robbed of muh childhood school experiences.

>> No.9796648
File: 219 KB, 545x521, 1335682690694.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9796615
>I believe that these years aided in turning me into the submissive weeny that I am today.

Take heart in knowing there are plenty of people like me who'd jump at the chance to own a little sissy weenie like you.

>> No.9796642
File: 91 KB, 536x475, 1348273540956.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I have no idea what you're talking about because I was homeschooled.
I did an hour of work a day and the rest of the day I can fuck off and do whatever I wanted.
Sucks to be you.

>> No.9796649

>>9796642

Homeschooling would be the true path of light for a future truNEET.
Shame no one has a choice in the matter.

>> No.9796653

>>9796649
It definitely breeds maximum autists.

>> No.9796661

>>9796653
That's true. I'd go as far to say I was on-par with CWC until I gained some self-awareness. I certainly don't recommend it for the masses.

>> No.9796669

>>9796653

Imagine what we could have been like given the chance.
Squandered opportunities to be grandmaster sperglords right there, although regular schooling has +15 to misanthropy.

>> No.9796675

>>9796642
Go to bed Danny.

>> No.9796672

Those pizzas were terrible. They were always drenched in oil and felt so god damn greasy that I usually had to wipe the cheese with napkins before eating it. Luckily, I almost always brought lunch from home.

>>9796642
epic image n post ma truNEET brah xD

>> No.9796690

God those pizzas were terrible

>play Butts Up, then come back in and get to play Oregon Trail since it's "Freeday Friday Afternoon"

My school never did this. One boy got suspended for playing Oregon Trail when he asked to go to the computer room.

Fucking Nazi school, I tell you.

>> No.9796692

Our pizzas came in individual cardboard trays which led to the bottom getting soggy, but the pizza dough getting dried out; it was terrible. My favorite thing from my lunches were my bagged chocolate milk. I liked popping them when I was done.

>> No.9796696

>>9796672
>>9796675
Look at all the jealousy!

>> No.9796699

Why did kindergarten kids and seniors in highschool get the same amount of food? In highschool everyone would always have to buy extra, I wasn't made of money (had free lunch as it was) so I couldn't blow an extra $2 on a drink and extra piece of chicken.

You'd think parents would complain.

>> No.9796703

Like I'm not a fat American.

>> No.9796704

>>9796692
>bagged chocolate milk
Oh Canada

>> No.9796712

That feel when we had both Shadowgate and Oregon Trail on our computers.

>> No.9796706

>>9796675

One of these days your going to actually guess a persons name correctly, and they're going to get really freaked out.

But it won't be effective if we overuse it, so shut the fuck up Matthew.

>> No.9796709

I just miss the cube pepperoni. That was the best part about that pizza. Otherwise I'd just put salt and pepper on it for the cheese pizza.

>> No.9796715

>>9796709

You seriously put extra salt on pizza?

I'm guess you're really overweight and have horrible blood pressure issues.

>> No.9796720

>>9796699

I lived 5 minutes bike ride away from my highschool, so I used to ride home, eat, and ride back at the end.
It was a nice arrangement.

>> No.9796722

>>9796715

I only did that as a kid. I've always been small and puny though since I never ate very much.

>> No.9796725

>>9796704
No. America, actually. I guess it was cheaper to bag milk instead of using cardboard. I think juice was in a box, though.

>> No.9796728

I never really ate lunch when I was at school. I'd usually just get a milk or something and that was it. We also weren't allowed to use the computers without the teacher around, and all the schools I went to were too poor to afford many anyway, so I never did anything interesting. Four square was basically "make up dumber moves than everyone else" and I was pretty good at it.

>> No.9796733

I was one of the few kids that didn't have a computer at home so I was behind on typing and shit. I had to take the standard computer test thing twice after failing the first.

I mean considering I had no way of learning, what did they expect.

>> No.9796738

>>9796733
Didn't Mavis Beacon teach you?

>> No.9796740

>>9796699
>Why did kindergarten kids and seniors in highschool get the same amount of food?
This.

Back when I was in school I remember my stomach would growl constantly during the last period and it happened so often that I convinced myself it was all in my head until I overheard one girl near me talking with her friend about how I was always farting (she mistook my stomach growls for farts).

>> No.9796743

I remember all of that except Butts Up (what the hell is that?). Like a couple guys earlier in the thread I always played four square, and sometimes football or soccer.

>>9796624
Shit I made those throughout middle and high school.

>> No.9796756

For those that don't know Butts Up is this game where you throw a tennis ball against a wall and you must avoid it touching you on the ricochet. If you get hit, you must touch the wall before the ball makes it back to the wall. If you're too slow, you stand and people throw the ball at you.

>> No.9796762

>>9796756
>you stand and people throw the ball at you.
That sounds awful.

>> No.9796772

>>9796762
Yeah, but it was pretty rare to get to that point. I think even then, you're allowed to try and dodge it.

I found that it was a favorite of "bully-type" kids.

>> No.9796775

Chocolate milk tastes terrible with pizza. Why would anyone deliberately have them together more than once?

>> No.9796776

Reminiscing on the past as if it was somehow really great is a diseased way of thinking. Most people at the time couldn't wait until they got older and out of school since they believed they would be able to control and do more their own lives, only to discover it was as bad out of school as it was within.

The chocolate milk was garbage but people drank it because it had more flavor than the alternatives. Those pizzas were cheap-tasting. Oregon Trail was a boring as fuck simulation where you fiddled around for a while as your wheels broke a few dozen times and the characters starved to death because you didn't know how to make use of the interface. Recess was mostly standing around trying to figure out what to do then following along passively with whatever group you associated with that week.

People just remember these things in a more favorable way because of nostalgia: remembering the good things because the boring and the bad things aren't worth remembering, and remembering some things as good despite the fact they weren't back then.

>> No.9796777

Why didn't the janitor delete this thread?

>> No.9796789

>>9796776
The point of Oregon trail was to give your characters funny names like "my penis", and then see "my penis died of a broken leg"

Endless laughs were had.

>> No.9796789,1 [INTERNAL] 

>>9796776
I was wishing I could somehow slow time when I was 7. I never wanted to grow up.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action