[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 462 KB, 646x506, super void cavitation.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9733852 No.9733852 [Reply] [Original]

An incredibly in-depth Touhou RPG.
Previous thread: >>9710786

The translation for the Weekend version(same game, new changes) has been released.
Prepatched game with the expansion and translation can be found here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?a8c1by6btaid7
Make sure to extract in Japanese locale or alternatively if you're having trouble running the game, try removing moonrunes from the folder names.

Weekend version introduces a rebalancing of learning and drop rates, most "1% or less" rates are now 10-15%. In addition most synthesis recipes now require slightly less materials and the Kusanagi sword requiring 25 less iron. You can actually build stuff pretty often now.

There's also a minimap, hit Select (Default D on keyboard) to toggle transparency!

You can also turn on easy mode at any time for non-boss battles where the damage is halved for you and you gain minor offensive bonuses. (Such as increased chance to land status effects).
No one ever does, however, not unless you're in elementary school.

The game also happens to run at 1/4th of the processing power it used to demand. Save games are compatible with 2.07 and up, but a save game converter should be able to help you out.

The death penalty of losing your gathered, but not yet claimed items, has been removed. You no longer need to exit the dungeon to claim your items, and death only means you get kicked out of the dungeon.

Make sure to read the manual, and the "gameplay" section on the wiki, it covers basic systems.
Have you had some trouble fighting a boss? Trying to make sense of stage design? Finding out that you need to split your party too late? Discuss it here in this thread!

>> No.9733872
File: 29 KB, 135x118, hey byakuren i thought you were the tankiest why is patchouli still alive.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Wiki at http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/The_Genius_of_Sappheiros
Walkthrough contains spoilers for boss fights, be wary.

>> No.9733875

I used to play this game but shit happened to my computer and I lost all my progress. Since then I've been too frustrated to play it again, but maybe I'll do it now

>> No.9733881

If you're worried about spoilers...um, OP, that pic...

>> No.9733894

>or How I learned to love JRPGs

So you took a film title and changed two words. Is this supposed to be witty? It doesn't even rhyme.

>> No.9734116

Why is the stage 16 boss so easy?

>> No.9734435

Why is everyone still talking about GoS. Everyone and their mother have played it to death already.

>> No.9734486

>>9734435
so, no fun allowed?

>> No.9734495

Are the big light/dark spells from the stage 17 boss worth learning?

>> No.9734496

At what stage does the expansion start?

I'm currently at stage 14.

>> No.9734504

>>9734496
After the main game, which goes to stage 21.

>> No.9734678

So the stage 17 boss has been at low health for a while, with dark land maxed, and still no sign of dark web. What the hell?

>> No.9734687

>>9734678
And of course, just as I type that, the boss uses it. Right after meteor, actually, which of course wipes out my team. Satori learns it, hangs on because of Commander Mokou, and kills the boss with energy drain. Awesome.

>> No.9734690
File: 567 KB, 639x479, destroyer.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Also, fuck yeah.

>> No.9734697
File: 107 KB, 641x480, dread.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

...that first BUM/twang~ of the stage 18 theme killed any elation that victory created. This is going to suck.

>> No.9734762

Does Enervation even work against boss-like enemies? I've been trying a bit against that Terminator-mkll thing, but it isn't working, and it didn't work against Flandre either.

So far I've been surprised with Satori, it's actually sort of fun trying to make her learn the skills, but she seems pretty underwhelming. Her debuffs/healing aren't as good as Byakuren's and her damage isn't as good as other character's. Though I guess if I can get Enervation/Acid Storm/other things to work against bosses, that's a plus.

Also, Reisen Mokou's Tsuki no Iwakasa's Curse breaks the game, seriously. Post-game encounters are laughably easy with a Mokou tanking with a squall hairpin to curse the enemies, then reisen doing that wide spread non-spellcard or the multi-target spellcard and filler characters (sanae/byakuren with buffs is nice).

>> No.9734770

>>9734762
>Reisen breaks the game
Yup.

Enervation and Co. can debuff bosses just as well as everything else. Bosses just don't get debuffed that easily.

>> No.9734799

>>9734762
With proper gear Satori can do about as much damage as Marisa. If you prioritize other casters for bracelet of insight and whatnot, then she'll definitely be weaker.
Satori's biggest strength is her versatility. She can hit every element, heal, debuff, whatever you need her too. Find the enemy's weakness and abuse it.

>> No.9734826

Just wonder, do most of you level up all the way to 99 to see all the characters' moves?

I could probably actually beat the expansion boss, but it sounds like Litho's final move would be useful to simplify the battle, and I intend to eventually get 100% completion anyways, so I never got around to actually beating the game and then stopped playing to wait for Weekend to come out/be translated to make getting all the rare drops a little easier.

>> No.9734861

>>9734435
I've only recently started playing it and I, for one, appreciate these threads.

just ignore them anon-kun

>> No.9734912

It's important to note that the prepatched game doesn't have the latest version of the patch yet. Most updated patch version is this http://www.mediafire.com/?hqytuktj159kjx5

Just the two .pak files you overwrite with.

>> No.9734930

>>9734912
What's better about this version?

>> No.9734952

>>9734912
speaking of the pak files, did they ever release an extractor, and if yeah does it work on the sequel?

i want shinki's theme.

>> No.9735161

>>9734952
There's a download for the OST in the OP mediafire link

>> No.9735277

>>9735161
that's for gos, i meant the sequel, devil of decline and its expansion.

>> No.9735526

Demon blast does less damage than demon shock. What the fuck?

>> No.9735674

>>9735526
"Balance"
Skills with AoE are less effective than skills that are single-target.

>> No.9735723

>>9734912
>>9734930
I, too, would like to know how the new patch changes things. I haven't found any negative bugs yet, and it seems pretty well balanced, except for rumors of Reisen being WAY SUPER OP, but I haven't gotten that far yet.

>> No.9735834

>>9735674
Bah! You can't get demon blast until level 20, where demon shock is level 1. It should at LEAST do equal damage! Hell, it doesn't even have that much of an AoE!

Maybe demon tempest will be better. Or maybe I should just start working on how I'm going to do stage 18 and stop delaying it.

>> No.9735845

>>9735834
*collider

>> No.9736115

Wow, this game sure has improved in the last months.

So, say /jp/... I have a few days off and I wanted to try this, but I'm traumatized with you always saying this game is "incredibly in-depth" and such.

Then, how is the weekend version compared to the normal ver?. I'm not much of a RPG man and the idea of grinding for hours isn't my exact definition of fun, but I also don't want it to be a walk in the park.

I mean, damn, I've finished less than 20 RPGs in my entire life.

>> No.9736134

>>9736115
>saying this game is "incredibly in-depth"
More like complaining it was made too "easy".

>> No.9736210

>>9736115
Just play.
It's not a game that you can just flail at and win, but it's also not a game where IF YOU DON'T HAVE THIS PARTY MAKEUP WITH THESE SKILLS AND THESE EQUIPMENTS YOU WILL DIE HORRIBLY or anything.
Use everybody. I know you'll want to stick to one party, but don't. Don't do it to fast, though, or you'll end up hating it; replace Sakuya with Youmu here, Marisa with Satori there...etc.

Weekend's changes are listed in the OP. It's not THAT big a change, really.

>> No.9736257

>>9736115

The whole "in-depth" thing stems from the amount of mechanics that go into fights (formations, leader, land elements, bomb system, etc.) and the boss fights that are unlike common jRPG fights of just beating the boss down and force you to come up with specific strategies for them.

There is no grinding in the normal sense required for this game, you may choose to do so but it's generally considered pointless. There is even a system in place to inhibit power-leveling, such that at reaching a certain level enemies in a stage will begin to produce reduced XP.

As far as Weekend goes, you can see what the changes are in the OP. They make the game easier through greater access to drops and easier synthesizing and thus stronger characters, as well as further ease everything outside of boss fights by removing the "items gathered death penalty" and implementing a toggleable option to reduce to greatly reduce all incoming damage along with offensive bonuses.

It's my personal opinion that it's best to start with the original (version 2.09, which you can find a link to in one of the early replies to the previous thread), and then switch to Weekend if you find it too difficult to play. But decide for yourself and just go for it. You definitely don't need to be some "RPG expert" to beat it.

>> No.9736316

>>9736210
Hmm, so I gather it has forced character battles.

>>9736257
I read OP's post, but I wanted to know the opinion of people who already played both versions. Thanks for yours, man.

Anyway, I think I'll try the weekend version beforehand...
I feel more and more like I'm working when I'm playing videogames. Fuck.

Well, Good Night and thanks for the answers, /jp/.

>> No.9736329

>>9736316
I personally see no point in switching to Weekend. From what I gather, there are several pointless changes, and the game does not play as smoothly.

>> No.9736368

>>9736316
Huh? No, not until the expansion.
You want to level all the characters because some characters are better than others, there's a few points in the game where you need to split into multiple parties, and the last third or so of the game has tons of strong enemies that you can't really afford to play conservatively with, and having capable fighters to switch out drained ones for means a lot less backtracking to save points.

I'm not sure if I can recommend Weekend to a first time player. I know I wouldn't have cared nearly as much about my first playthrough if nothing happened when I died. The more items and learning is really nice, though.

>> No.9736446

Is it even possible to defeat a mini boss from Stage 21 in your first playthrough? Pretty much 1 hit from them can knock out any of my party members.

>> No.9736459

>>9736446
Oh yeah, it is. Most of them are damn tough, though, and you've got to be ready for them.

>>9736368
*some characters are better than others for different situation/stages/etc

>> No.9736869

>>9736316

Just play the Weekend version if you don't want to put too much time and you are not too adequate with TRPGs. You will have a similar experience in both versions, as in you will still have to think up strategies and lineups to beat the game. Original will make you want to run out and backtrack the dungeon after opening every single chest or drop, and in Weekend you will rather think about not dying so you don't have to backtrack every single time. You can always spam Flee, but then you won't be able to beat bosses.

The thing about the game being hard is just something for people new to the genre, but it's really not Lunatic mode or anything. Just make sure Easy mode is off on Weekend version.

>> No.9737127

>>9736869
Speaking of Lunatic mode though, is it possible now to beat the pre-expansion final boss after letting it use Prayer 3 times? I know it was possible in the very first version of the game, before a lot of gameplay changes were made, but I'm wondering if Weekend made it easier as well.

>> No.9737186

>>9736446
The last time I tried that dungeon with my Alice / Mokou / Sakuya / Youmu / Sanae / Aya party, I was able to take a few of them as they appeared (Druid, Basch and somehow Ambivalence, even though Mokou was the only one who could deal damage to it). I'm fairly sure I ran from other things like the two-headed dragon, though.

As for the Weekend/LSH differences, the way I see it is that Weekend is how the game is supposed to be (mostly), while previous versions are like hard mode or something. Some things like the horrible drop and learn rates kill some parts of the game for most people in the old game, for example. While I don't agree with all of Weekend's changes (like making the Kusanagi pretty much unmissable), I find it a better game than it used to be.

>> No.9737422

Heh, you people always tell new players to train everyone in the party, reminds me of my first playthrough.
I only used my party of Mokou/Reimu/Sanae/Marisa/Patchouli + Sakuya during the whole game, up until the final boss (I did the split dungeons' parts one at a time, while using Satori to sit on the buttons, because I hated her)
It was fun, but then came moments when I was forced to grind other units. While that wasn't that terrible, since low-level characters gain a lot of bonus exp, I've found the game to be much more fun when you swap characters around now that I'm playing the expasion, and everyone is almost equal now (though I still have my favorites)
So yeah, train everyone, it's fun and it's not troublesome

>> No.9737543

>>9737422
>it is fun and it is not troublesome
Bullshit. Training Satori can be a pain in the ass unless you move on without getting all her skills, and that is just half-assing it.

>> No.9737655

Why do people say to raise everyone evenly? If you just use the one party till you get to the 2 party part of the game its MUCH easier to power level people up than it would be to move like a snail through the game trying to keep everyone even.

>> No.9737658

>>9737543
I dunno, I've been having fun getting her skills, even though I hated using her before. I'll give you the fact that it's race-inducing when she refuses to learn a skill or when the monster refuses to use the skill on her.
Still, you can leave her alone, I used her as commander for my last boss fight and her deflect helped a lot, even though she was at an abysmally low level

>> No.9737846

>>9737655
Because at two points in the game you are required to split your party. Well, not exactly required, as you can just go back to the start of the dungeon and use the same party to deal with the other side, but that's stupid and every part of these dungeons is tailor-made for a certain group of characters anyway.
And then the final boss asks you to make two parties again. Once again, you don't NEED to do that, if you just hate having bombs.

>> No.9737854
File: 345 KB, 636x479, dwarf on t-rex.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

DAMN! these guys keep on focusing Patchy and Sanae

do these zombies only focus magicians?

>> No.9737887

>>9733852
What do against terminator MKII

I can't last 5 turns against it

>> No.9737891

>>9737854
They focus on whoever has the lowest hp, and should always be targetted first.

>> No.9737892

>>9737887
Find Sarah Conner

>> No.9737984

>>9737655
>>9737846
Whenever someone mentions this, I'd like to remind them that, despite the fact you can do the party splits with one person, you'll have to eventually fight 2/3 bosses with 2/3 different parties. So no, doing everything with 1 party may not be so much easier in the long run. Well, at least the first split, Tewi and Reisen are pretty easy since they're rabbits/beasts.

>>9737887
Terminator MkII has 0 RES. Give Alice all your defense boosting and I think anti-Pierce equipment, make her use Little Legion (alternatively make Reimu go first and use her anti-physical barrier), and use Byakuren with all her Growth in debuffs to completely destroy its stats. It also has 0MDEF, so bring all your mages with lightning specs. Be warned though, it uses Vortex! Always be ready to reapply debuffs.

>> No.9738141

>>9737887
Mk 2 moves incredibly fast, so you need to ensure you debuff it before it has a chance to move. (Aya field/commander) Byakuren's ATK Down move will destroy 75-90% of its PATK, allowing you to take it easy and receive 0 damage.
After you've succeeded in landing it, you now have a problem. At some random point, Mk 2 will decide to use Vortex as its first move, and then immediately fire, if it succeeds in landing it on himself, it regains all its PATK and will oneshot your party. This cannot really be predicted, and I've found that the only way to prevent it is to debuff its accuracy, and put up a barrier like Starlight Barrier.
In addition, the turn when the debuff wears off, you need to land yet another debuff before you get wrecked. You can use Alice with Armored Plank (prevents slayer), and cover everyone and you won't get a lethal blow.

Personally my setup is: Alice, Byakuren, Marisa, Satori, Patchouli with Commander Aya.

>> No.9738177

>>9738141
You can cast RES UP on the boss after you've applied your debuffs, lowering the chance of his vortex actually working on him.
If you get Reisen with Byakuren's Elemental Weapon, she can deal a lot of damage with her slayers, and also help with debuffs. My Reisen was doing 16k, while Patchy and Marisa were doing 7~8k with Heaven's Crack and maximum elec land.

>> No.9738182

How is it even possible to fight against the 3 gorgon sisters? Most of my bombs/mana have been used up by the end of phase 2..

>> No.9738187

>>9738182
You have two parties.

>> No.9738191

>>9738177

Shit nigga what were you doing, i had 20k every hit from patchouli.

>> No.9738238

>>9738191
What level were you? My patchy was lv76 with nothing special (magic ring II, bracelet of insight IV, something else I forgot)

>> No.9738262

>>9736869
>Original will make you want to run out and backtrack the dungeon after opening every single chest or drop
Honestly, I keep hearing this, but I think that's more you than the game. You really, really didn't need to do that, and I don't think a lot of people did.

>> No.9738286

>>9738262
I'm not him, but I did that, and some 3 people I know also did that. Drops were so few that you couldn't really afford to try and lose your equipment.
I also admit I cheated many times with that save file trick.

>> No.9738305

>>9738286
Geez. Really?
I mean...I can understand running out for a diamond or something, but every single drop or chest? That just sounds so unfun.

>> No.9738310

>>9738305
I never did that and do not believe anyone did.

>> No.9738324

>>9738191
How? My Patchy is level 72 and she had Raiden Ring, Zeus Amulet, Magic ring IV, and the rod that increases Elec atk. She was only doing around 7K per thunderbolt after I used heaven crack.

Also I finally beat that Terminator asshole. I used a similar strat I used to beat anastasis, spam lightning and have byakuren give him earth elemental attacks

>> No.9738364

>>9738324
I also buffed her with Byakuren, Sanae, and then Sanae's buff that buffs buffs.

>> No.9738459

Do buffs get overwritten? Like, say I use Byakuren's IND Up buff, then when it's about to wear off, I use it again so it resets, does that work? Because it doesn't seem like so, but I may be retarded.
Also, if I use Byakuren's buff on someone, then that same buff but with Sanae (say PATK Up buffs), does Sanae's buff overwrite it? Or Byakuren's stays? I know they don't stack

>> No.9738460

What does Terminator drop again? Super Aja? I really don't like fighting him. He has way, way, WAY to much HP for what kind of fight it is.

>> No.9738473

>>9738459
Buffs don't overwrite/reset previous copies of that buff, unless their from Byakuren and she's got 25 points in her buff tree.
I THINK they overwrite each other. Nothing has priority or anything.

>> No.9738474

>>9738459
Only Byakuren can overwrite buffs with her 25 Point ability in the tree.

>> No.9738477

>>9738460
Yes, he drops Super Aja

>> No.9738491

>>9738473
Doesn't she get an earlier ability in that tree that allows her to overwrite buff durations, but not degree of effect?

>> No.9738530

>>9738491
Yeah, I was right.
Continuation, her 10 point Support Magic ability allows effect durations to be overwritten.
The 25 point one just lets you overwrite an effect that would otherwise just be canceled out, like casting Weapon Bless on an ally who has an Patk Down ailment.

>> No.9738531

>>9738491
Checked the wiki. 10 points in buff tree allows to overwrite duration of the same buffs, 25 points allows you to cancel debuffs and buff instead of just cancelling.

>> No.9738535

>>9738310

I don't do it either but I bet there are some who do. I highly doubt that amount is anywhere near the majority though. Simply put it gives the player another decision to make, take make the trek out of the dungeon to save your loot or continue on from where you are.

>> No.9738550

So after fighting terminator again, he's really easy, especially with Mokou Fujiyama Volcanoing for 30K+ damage.

>> No.9738603

>>9738550
When in doubt, use Fujiyama Volcano. If it doesn't work, use Fujiyama Volcano anyway, except with buffs. Man do I love that move.

>> No.9738630

>>9738550
>>9738603
Wow, you guys were beating the Terminator before getting Fujiyama's upgraded version?

>> No.9738635
File: 31 KB, 400x312, ras.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

How many of you realized Litho's "Ras Algol" attacks are actually Raʾs al-Ġūl?

>> No.9738676

>>9738630
He's completely beatable in the early/mid 70's if you have a good strategy.

Mokou + Elemental weapon thunder + heaven crack + weapon bless = GG Terminator

>> No.9738690

>>9738630
Yes? Terminator isn't THAT hard, and people here probably beat him mid~late 70's, not that far from the upgrade (which is at lv84)

>> No.9738895

>>9738310

I was exaggerating. Obviously not everyone or nobody is going to do it for every single time, but what I'm saying is that the game compels you to backtrack dungeons to save drops or loot, which honestly is a waste of time. I'm sure there has been considerable feedback for them to go ahead apply the Weekend changes.

All I'm saying is that he is more suited to play Weekend and you'll still have a very similar experience.

>> No.9739124

>>9738635
How is that pronounced again...?

>> No.9739196

>>9739124

Raysh.

>> No.9739452

I my delaying of stage 18 I've learned, like, 20 more skills for Satori. Most of them useless.
What are the breath attacks even for?

>> No.9739489

>>9739452
If I remember correctly from a previous thread. The breath attacks are fairly useless because they are based on PATK.

>> No.9739996

>>9738635
Honestly, I was surprised by it since I immediately recognized the name and wondered why they used "Algol" instead. It doesn't sound similar at all.

>>9739124
Well if you're thinking of the Batman villain, then >>9739196 has got it right. If you're thinking of the actual Arabic instead, then it's Rass Al Ghool (there are some sounds that just can't be romanized...)

>> No.9740028

>>9739996
If you can write it out for me in Arabic, I'll vocaroo it for you.

>> No.9740122

>>9740028
رأس الغول

>> No.9740163

>>9740122
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0xPIyuC7Wj4

>> No.9740210

>>9740163
say more things anon

>> No.9740217

Stage 14 is so fucking ridiculous. I know the boss is probably easy, but getting wiped out by status effects even with the Res formation is annoying.

>> No.9740232
File: 289 KB, 639x479, Untitled3.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9740217
Use Sanae. One RES buff turns mind flayers into limp noodles.

Why are there so many horrible squid demons in heaven anyway?

>> No.9740253

>>9740232
Trying to get all of my characters at least level 40 and Sanae is already there.

Running:
Sakuya
Marisa
Satori
Natori (She seems so useless to me)
Bya

>> No.9740256

Isn't Biotopos pronounced some funky way too? I swear I read that somewhere.

And what does Ras Agol/Raʾs al-Ġūl/رأس الغول mean anyway?

>> No.9740278

>>9740256
>>9740163
here
"Demonhead" or "Head of the Demon" or "The Demon's Head".

I know almost nothing about the character so I don't know what the correct translation is.

>> No.9740274

>>9740163
You have a very charming voice.

>> No.9740287

>>9740278
If I remember correctly they refer to him as The Demon's Head in the comics sometimes.

>> No.9740305

>>9740287
Arabic is strange like that, you have to intritically know the intent behind the words to get the meaning. I've been out of touch with other Arabs for a long time, so it's hard for me nowadays.

Anyway, glad to be of service.

>> No.9740309

>>9740253
You shouldn't gimp your party to catch up slackers.

>Natori (She seems so useless to me)
Nitori is the QUEEN of pierce damage, and just about the only physical elemental damage dealer in the game. Her guns are excellent, and her abilities are a good mix between affordable but effective (her no-bomb spells) and gigantic tactical nukes. Nothing like watching that purgatory impale tear huge swaths through enemy groups.
Note that Nitori likes rage chokers, strength rings, and good weapons just as much as Sakuya and Youmu. She also likes having lots of bombs.

Nitori's biggest weakness is that she runs out of MP fairly quickly, and doesn't have a very good way of getting it back. That's ok, though, because at this point in the game you should have enough characters to be able to switch her out for Sakuya or Mokou or something when she can't fight no more.

>> No.9740912

Do you have to wait for the expansion to pick up anymore characters?

Currently on chapter 15 and went around grabbing new formations hoping to be able to grab new characters.

>> No.9740934

>>9740912
Yeah. Expansion has 6 more characters, and you'll get them pretty quick, but you've got all you're going to get for now.

>> No.9741214

Huh, I thought Lithos's spells were based on Greek mythology, just like (apparently) everything about the Gorgon sisters. I remember seeing some character based on Medusa using something with Algol in its name in the recent Saint Seiya anime, too.
This is pretty cool.

>> No.9741713

How does Byakuren's last word work? Does it only boost the drop rate for that one turn or the whole battle?
And how do last words charge anyway? It seems to me like it just happens whenever.

>> No.9741731

>>9741713
It boosts the drop rate for all subsequent enemy deaths.
Last words have a chance to charge any time a character does something or is attacked.

>> No.9741750

>>9741731
Thanks
>Last words have a chance to charge any time a character does something or is attacked.
Well that's remarkably unreliable. Guess I'm doing this the old fashioned way.

>> No.9741786

>>9741750
I think that there /should/ be conditions that greatly raise their chances of charging, depending on the character. IE: Konpaku flash has a higher chance to charge if there are more than four enemies. Mokou's has a higher chance to charge if all allies are dead. Sakuya's has a higher chance to charge when she deals a killing blow. Nitori's has a higher chance to charge when she attacks an elemental weakness, etc.

>> No.9741810

>>9741731
I once got a LW charge on a turn I tried to escape but failed, so I guess the game doesn't care if a character does anything.

>> No.9741939

>>9741810
Was it immediately after the failure message, or immediately after an enemy attack?

>> No.9742346

>>9741750
Using Sanae as your commander boosts the rate they appear at pretty noticeably. Also, I think Freefight might increase the chances for them? At least it does in Devil of Decline so...

>> No.9742501

god damn the final boss is dicks

>> No.9744145

Am I the only one that likes Youmu in this game, she's so solid and powerful.

>> No.9744186

>>9744145
I'm pretty sure everyone knows that Youmu is the strongest pre-expansion character.

>> No.9744436

I saw on the wiki that if you use Litho's Aging Drizzle on something that has more than 9999 HP, it deals 9999 damage. Does that mean that I can, say, use it on a boss do deal 9999 damage? I always assumed it OHKO'd everything and that it would always fail on bosses.

>> No.9744472

>>9744436
it's wrong

it does 1 damage

>> No.9744479

>>9740217
>Stage 14 is so fucking ridiculous. I know the boss is probably easy,
Actually she's one of the hardest fights in the game if you don't have a good strategy.

>> No.9744584

>>9744479
All the bosses are hard without a good strategy.
Tenshi is a wuss. Poison shield. Alice in front with hourai doll and anti-earth gear, Reimu in back putting up a barrier whenever she uses drill. Voila, she can barely hurt you.
Iku's harder.

>> No.9744586

Satori is too fucking good. Stage 25 was mauling me then I decide to start spamming enervate and poison arts with Satori. Fucking cakewalk.

>> No.9744599

>>9744584
Yes Poison Tenshi cause she's a slow Wall.

Man it really is like Labyrinth all over again. Granted this isn't a bad thing.

>> No.9744882

>>9744599
You can poison her? I guess that would work. Sakuya/Byakuren/Patchy always takes her apart fast enough anyway, though.

>> No.9744887

>>9744479
I'm the guy you quoted. It only took me about four tries to beat her. After the first death from the earth spells I figured it out pretty quickly.

>> No.9745310
File: 493 KB, 640x480, glitch.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

The true horror of Lakebed Temple.

>> No.9745323

>>9745310
I don't understand how people use Patchy. She like level 37 and still can't crack 160hp.

>> No.9745340

>>9745323
She has a useful spells, what else is there to understand? Just give her a musclebelt or two and she's good.

>> No.9745361

>>9745310
What the hell?

>> No.9745365

>>9745340
has a lot of*

>> No.9745394

While Aya's team wacks away at these two petrified minotaurs, let's talk Lakebed Temple strategy.
I haven't actually done anything with them, but Alice is going down the middle path with the team shown in >>9745310, Mokou's on the left with Sanae, Nitori, and Marisa, and Aya's with everyone else on the right.

I think one of the biggest problems I have with this level is the lack of formations you can use. Aya should be fine dodge-tanking the right side just fine...but none of the 4-man formations I've got make her actually get hit. Can't I just use Poison Shield with one less girl in the back? Ugh.

>> No.9745440

>>9745394
Been a while since I did lakebed temple. I think I had Mokou, Sakuya, Marisa, Satori in team A, Aya, Nitori, Sanae, Patchy in team B, and Alice, Youmu, Reimu, and Byakuren in team C. Had no problems.

>> No.9745452

>>9745440
>Had no problems
This is literally the first time I have ever heard someone say that about this stage.

>> No.9745460
File: 182 KB, 447x483, 1329160589792.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Fucking Iku.
She always shocks at least three people, this is fucking bullshit.

>> No.9745469

>>9745460
Get Sanae's RES buff up during the first turn by using Doll Legion, Aya's spellcard/commando aid or speed equips.
Put the pocket watch on Sanae or Alice if you have it.

>> No.9745480
File: 645 KB, 1024x768, How2win.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

How do I do it, /jp/?

Who should I use? Which growth stats should I put on them?

>> No.9745499

>>9745480
>Byakuren and Mokou
Weakling.

Each of Alice's doll formations has a crippling weakness. Find it and exploit it!
The five shield dolls have next to no magic defense. Patchy can wipe them out in a turn or two.
The three melee dolls have high actual magic defense, but not much physical defense and weakness to the four elements. Nitori can break them.
The four mage dolls...I think you can figure that out.

>> No.9745515

>>9745480
Have the Purple Ranger spam earth spells, and have the Love Ranger spam lasers. That takes care of all but one doll. I'm sure you can deal with one doll on your own.

>> No.9745516

>>9745480
Wait are you at the beginning of the game and having trouble. Shit I can't remember what I did here, but I didn't worry about killing the formations and just focused down Alice. The formations respawn if you completely kill them.

Actually I killed the formations down until only one or two dolls were left to make it easier. I mostly got the defensive formation with the 5 shields.

>> No.9745528

>>9745499
>>9745515
>>9745516

Thanks. What is the best way to take down Alice, though? Everyone can do damage to her but it takes forever and her self-healing is a bitch.

Yes I'm having trouble. I haven't played a good RPG in forever :C

>> No.9745544

>>9745528
What I did was kill all of the dolls EXCEPT for one so that they wouldn't respawn, then bombard her ass with my most powerful single-target spells.

>> No.9745555

>>9745528
Once you kill the three formations, you've won. Alice can't do a damn thing on her own; you could probably autoattack her to death.

>> No.9745549

>>9745528
Firstly, stop using Mokou and Byakuren so early you cheater! It's easy enough if you just keep one doll alive in a formation and wail on Alice until she goes down. I can't remember the specifics, this fight was so early on, and I don't understand why you wouldn't want to figure out how to do it yourself. It's part of the fun.

>> No.9745557

Getting Mokou and Byak that early is basically cheating.

If you are having a whole lot of trouble put Mokou as your commander and use her resurrection.

>> No.9745564

God I got to stage 15 and haven't even tried doing it. After stage 14 hell I just can't imagine 15-21.

>> No.9745575

>>9745557

Well I mean, they made it so that you can get them early for a reason. Plus, they are my two favorites, so I didn't see why I shouldn't. But since everyone is saying so, I guess I'll stop.

>> No.9745583

Is Satori really worth all the trouble to have to learn so many spells? I put her at the front of the formation to absorb as many spells as possible, but she also has an annoying tendency to die in 1 hit and lose all of her lives quickly. what do

>> No.9745584

>>9745564
15 sucks.
...it just does. Boss is awesome, though.

16-17 aren't bad. Short, with fun enemies. 18, on the other hand...well, you've probably heard about 18 by now.

>> No.9745589

>>9745575
You can use them if you want, it's just that they're going to make the early game easier than it would normally be.

>> No.9745590

>>9745480

Sanae helped me a lot in that fight, Wily Toad was an instant kill for one doll formation if I'm not mistaken. Not having Sanae in your party and having to rely on Raymoo for healing is... not that good, in my opinion, so fix that.
Also put some Marisa up in that, why are you leaving her out.

>> No.9745591

>>9745575
There was a reason. They're basically secret characters, you're not expected to be able to find out how to get them, because they're not needed until you actually unlock them properly. The only way you could have figured out how to get them, because I know you didn't sit around at the shrine for an hour, is by looking up a guide for the game, which is already a problem.

>> No.9745599

Maybe it was just me, but I didn't use a single formation besides the original free fight until the sunflower stage/

>> No.9745604

>>9745480
>>9745590
this
Sanae is a must. She normally has the best healing spells early on.

>> No.9745615

Where does Satori learn a better poison spell besides poison art?

Or is this the best one to keep? Wasn't sure if she learned a mind blast equivalent that made poison.

>> No.9745618

>>9745591
So how does Reimu, Marisa, Sanae, Sakuya, and Patchy sound? Although I have no idea what to use on Sakuya to make her useful.

>> No.9745626

>>9745618
Sakuya is currently my biggest damage dealer. I just keep upgrading her two-hand weapons and kept putting points into 2-hand growth.

In the early bosses using private square help a lot during boss fights.

>> No.9745630

>>9745618

Anything, duh.
No, seriously, just give her a nice weapon and let the bodies hit the floor. Killing Doll/other multi-hit abilities are awesome, too.

>> No.9745634

>>9745618
Sakuya, when you first get her, is slightly above average. She does a shitload of damage with just her normal attack compared to the other characters, but her knife skills aren't that useful yet due to her low mp. What you'll want to do is equip her with a knife, put her knife mastery up enough to learn the double slash attack, then equip it.

Once you get her second synthesizable two handed sword, which I don't think you can get until you reach the netherworld, make sure to make it for her then get her two handed mastery up as high as you can. At that point she'll probably be your primary damage dealer.

Make sure to give her any accuracy accessories you find, she'll need them early on in the game.

>> No.9745645

>>9745634
At any point in the game can you put her back on knives and still do equal or better damage than 2-hand?

Mostly mean for 50+

>> No.9745648

>>9745618
>no idea what to use on Sakuya to make her useful
wut
she should be dishing out tons of physical damage.
anyway, I wouldn't use both Marisa and Patchouli. One or the other should be fine. Here's my usual formation:
1 raymoo at the front
2 physical attacks(or 1 support/tank and 1 main physical attacker) at the middle
2 magicians(one for healing, one for damage) at the back.

I'd go with with Reimu, Nitori(or aya, whoever deals more damage), Sakuya, Marisa and Sanae. But that's just me.

>> No.9745649

>>9745618
Sakuya is a BEAST with her two-handed swords. There's not much else to say.
It's a good idea to try and use all the party members now and then. Or do you mean just for Alice?

>>9745615
Poison Mist from the butterflies in the forest is the learning equivalent; it's got no cooldown and does a little damage, but costs over twice the mana. I stuck with poison art.

>>9745591
True...but I know more than a few people found Mokou by accident. It's odd that the more broken (early game wise) of the two would be so easy to find.

>> No.9745652

>>9745618
Make sure to put Alice in your command slot. I made the mistake of not training her until I got stuck on the netherworld boss fight, at which point I decided to get her up to about level 12 and realized how amazing she was even she's 5 levels below everyone else.

>> No.9745658

>>9745645
Her throwing knife skills are useful later on. However her actual knife mastery(for the equippable knives) will never outdamage her 2-hand mastery. I'm not sure which one potentially does more damage, but I've done better with 2hand mastery than whatever her growth tree for the throwing skills is called.

>> No.9745674

>>9745652
if by amazing you mean tanky
she tanky as fuck but i hardly use her for anything other than the occasional bossfite

>> No.9745679

>>9745645
Level 50 is a little after she starts becoming a huge waste of space compared to everyone else.

>> No.9745686

>>9745679
She's still good for generic enemy clearing at that point. As for boss fights, I will agree that she becomes basically unusable.

>> No.9745688

God, when I saw the Physical tree for Patchouli I laughed but she's up there with Sakuya in damage dealing, now.
Her attacks even become area attacks randomly, she can hit twice and she deflects like Youmu during Manussya.
Shit's fucking CRAZY.

>> No.9745691

>>9745674
She practically ensures that you can never lose to dungeon enemies, which is really helpful.

>> No.9745733

>>9745686
...what? Sakuya with 25 points in 2 handed swords and Time stop is ridiculous, as her swords have slayer effects. Combine that with an elemental weakness and byakuren/sanae buffing her attack, and she'll have the highest physical DPS out of everyone excluding Youmu and Reisen.

>> No.9745753

>>9745733
Don't Forget Enemy Turn Denial as a factor too
Aya and Sakuya best friends forever.

>> No.9745755

I completely stp[[ed using Aya. I can't find her useful for anything besides gimmicky need first turn or death. She does paltry damage.

>> No.9745761

>>9745618
Okay yeah Sakuya OP.

>> No.9745774

>>9745755
> gimmicky need first turn
In bosses or stupid random encounters that can be a lifesaver.

Breath Reflection and ability to guarantee melee hits for a full turn can be great for bosses as well.

Still think she's a little underwhelming as an one field character compared to commander but oh well.

>> No.9745934

>>9745755
She seems to be a decent Physical attacker who can change up the turn flow and land some status effects.

She's not the best, but still viable.

>> No.9745961

>>9745934
That "decent physical attacker" won't last very long.

>> No.9746048

>>9745394
My favorite way of doing it is:
Team A: Mokou, Sakuya, Marisa, Aya
Team B: Nitori, Youmu, Sanae, Patchouli
Team C: Alice, Reimu, Byakuren, Satori
Team A mostly nukes everything in their anoying route, with Aya helping with status effects; Team B has Nitori taking care of squids and everyone else abusing elements; and lastly Team C abuses the weakness to light pretty much everything in their route has. The only things you need are a few anti-charm accessories on team A and anti-petrify/confusion on team C. Just like that other Anon, I had no problems at all. As for formations, A used Trickster, B used the one you get after youmu hits a lot of things with instant death, and C used Freefight.

>>9745460
This is where you should learn to use Reimu's barriers.

>> No.9746060

>>9746048
I'm not >>9745460, but I'm in Forest of Magic 2 and haven't used Reimu at all since Forest of Magic 1. Iku is definitely doable without her.

>> No.9746069

>>9745583
She can be as strong as Marisa or Patchouli with an even higher versatility of elements, and in the expansion she's a beast. I suggest only trying to learn things once you know which monsters use what, so you can fight the once you don't die in a single hit and have Alice protecting her.

>>9745615
Nope, Poison Art is the best area poison spell. I believe the poison effect you get with Poison Hand (learn it from those rock things in the Garden of the Sun) is stronger, but it only affects one target.

>>9746060
It's a lot easier with Raymoo backing you up, though. Still, I don't think she alone is enough to save everyone from the shock+instant death combo, so having Alice is a good idea too.

>> No.9746202

How the flying fuck did I ever manage to beat Chihiro?

>> No.9746314
File: 469 KB, 641x480, bullshit2.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Holy fuck that was ridiculous. How is this little shit the hardest boss in the game?

>> No.9746590

>>9746314
I did the others with Mokou+Reimu, Youmu+Byakuren and had everyone else free to fight that cunt Chihiro on my aliceless run. Had to just run her over with everything.

Come to think of it, yeah- she pretty much is the hardest boss in the game.

>> No.9746604

>>9746590
How the hell did you beat her without Reimu? I honestly don't see how it's possible.

>> No.9746691

>>9746604
Nitori as commander works, and makes Satori/Marisa/Patchouli destroy her with lightning harder.

Otherwise you could probably just have satori reduce her damage to 0 if you bothered to learn enervation and psycho blast.

>> No.9746934 [DELETED] 

Is there actually a significant difference between stats such as Strength and their relevant stats like STR relating to Physical Attack? Like is there a reason to choose a STR boosting accessory over a PATK boosting accessory considering the values were nearly equal?

According to a quick test, a value of 4 STR gives all the characters a different amount of PATK. I don't know whether it's related to the amount of STR they have or their innate characteristics, yea.

Just wondering in case I should start thinking about it.

>> No.9747102

Is there actually a significant difference between stats such as Strength and their relevant stats like STR relating to Physical Attack? Like is there a reason to choose a STR boosting accessory over a PATK boosting accessory considering the values were nearly equal?

According to a quick test, a value of 4 STR gives all the characters a different amount of PATK. I don't know whether it's related to the amount of STR they have or their innate characteristics, yea.

Just wondering in case I should start thinking about it.

Also does IND increase buff strength?

>> No.9747158

>>9747102
I believe the PATK boost you get with higher STR scales with the PATK of the weapon a character is using, or with something else. In the late game, it's not uncommon for me to see STR rings give about as much PATK as a Rage Choker I, for example.

And yes, it seems IND does affect the level of buffs, more on Byakuren's than on Sanae's, and it may even work for self buffs like Youmu's stances. I remember reading somewhere that their bonuses cap at 100 IND, though.

>> No.9747281

>>9747102
IND does increase the strength of the buff/debuff

Fundamental stats like STR improve the bonus given by items/equips that raise battle stats like PATK.

>> No.9747496

>>9747158
>it's not uncommon for me to see STR rings give about as much PATK as a Rage Choker I, for example.

That's because you're trying to bring your STR over 99.

>> No.9747716

>>9746590
> she pretty much is the hardest boss in the game
Silly anon, Anastasis is the hardest boss in the game.

>> No.9747725

>>9747716
Anastasia? You serious? All she has is Muscle Revolution at low health and serious lightning weakness with no MDEF. Abuse that.

>> No.9748788

>>9747725
You say that as if she doesn't suddenly and randomly recover from debuffs for absolutely no reason, never mind landing the damn things in the first place.

>> No.9749186
File: 388 KB, 640x480, anastasia shokku.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9747716
>>9748788

>> No.9749244 [SPOILER] 
File: 522 KB, 640x480, how can someone so slender be so strong.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9748788
She's not so bad. Strong as fuck, but that's all she's got, and that thunder weakness CRIPPLES her.

Nice cut-in, though. Does anyone have a better shot of it?

>> No.9749258 [SPOILER] 
File: 328 KB, 896x608, 0078.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9749244

>> No.9749275

>>9749258
Thanks.

>> No.9749300

>>9749186
Didn't have Mad Thunder yet.
Jeez, ever since Weekend came out, these have turned into the Satori appreciation threads. And people still complain she's useless?

>> No.9749322

>>9749300
That's not mad thunder, that's Youmu.

>> No.9749358

>>9749356
Sanae and Mokou are the only ones that can

>> No.9749356

so uh
is it possible to revive your characters during a battle?

>> No.9749363

>>9749356
Yeah. Sanae and Mokou can rez people.

>> No.9749368

What about Satori with raise dead?

>> No.9749374

>>9749368
Too much of a pain in the ass to get

>> No.9749379

>>9749358
Do they learn a default spell later in the game? or wut
The only way I've revived people thus far(i'm only on stage 6) is by curing them when they have the Zombie status effect, which is rare for enemies to inflict.

>> No.9749386

>>9749379
Mokou has her last word, and Sanae learns Omikuji Miracle and Source of Rains, both of which revive.

>> No.9749394

>>9749379
Sanae learns her basic rez at 24. Mokou can rez with her last word on the field, and her first spell when she's commanding.

>> No.9749672
File: 521 KB, 643x482, Untitled.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

What the fuck?
Encountering Nitori in Mokou quest

>> No.9749689

>>9749672
That mechanic where enemies freeze for a second and you can run through them after every fight is glitchy as fuck. See >>9745310

>> No.9749704

It is so fucking infuriating how I can never find enemies when I want to. I ran into six fucking great demons when fighting through stage 19, but now that Satori's ready to learn shadow flare, they're just fucking gone.

>> No.9749739

Is there a listing of what enemy formations are found in what rooms? With probabilities, if possible.

>> No.9749757

>>9749704
Just learn it from Rumia.

>> No.9749807

>>9749757
That's in the post-game. Fuck that.

>> No.9750187
File: 453 KB, 639x481, reimu sums it up.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Ding!
>Shadow Flare learned!!
Christ, fucking FINALLY-

Ding!
>Hellclaw Assassination learned!!

>> No.9750280

Satori can also revive, if you get that Raise Dead skill

>> No.9750332

http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php?topic=10383.0

At the bottom of the first post, there are two links for the most recent patches. Which one am I supposed to use? Is the first one for Weekend while the second one is for Weekend 2.09?

>> No.9750433

>>9750332
version 2.09 isn't weekend at all. That's the old patch for the pre-weekend game. Use the first one.

>> No.9750678

>>9749258
I'd give her a muscle revolution, if you know what I mean

>> No.9750694
File: 156 KB, 641x479, creepy.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9750678
...try it...

>> No.9750707

>>9749244
She really is pretty thin given her whole thing is being strong. What does Yuugi's spellcard art look like.

>> No.9750713
File: 462 KB, 896x608, 0017.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9750707

>> No.9751223

I was fighting a couple of bosses and was losing but my Youmu got her Konpaku Flash up, so I figured 'why not?' and I just Instant Death'd one of the bosses.

Does Death actually work on bosses? What the hell.

>> No.9751726

This final boss is dicks, party varying between 70 and low 80's and still can't even reliably get past phase 1.

>> No.9751830

>>9751726
Phase is a total slog. You really have to build a party that lasts and not one that can blitz through the fight. When I did it, I used Reimu, Marisa, Satori, Nitori and Patchouli, with Reimu and Satori doing everything possible to protect the party (heals, shield wall, starlight barrier, super duplex barrier, etc...), and the other three going all out with thunder. It took me an entire hour to beat just that phase, but I did it without switching teams.
Second phase is where you should be preparing for the third one. Also, keep in mind that if Sakuya uses Private Square on turn 2 of the second phase, then the sisters will actually have to wait till turn 6 to pray for the first time.
Third phase is all Alice and seeing how your luck holds up.

... On a completely unrelated front...uh... Devil of Decline's expansion final boss is beyond dickish. No debuffs, and then when I protect myself, she uses a spell that makes her go first, dispels the entire party AND uses her Last Word in 1 turn! How the heck do I get past that?

>> No.9752791
File: 406 KB, 638x478, and she exploded.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

And I almost don't get to see Biotopos exploding fast enough because she has an absurd amount of flee for a turtle.
She's considerably easier now that you can get 0 delay on Patchouli's field spell cards, which means you won't need to have Aya or Sakuya spamming fields to get rid of hers.

>> No.9752822

>>9750713
Post Biotopos, she is the cutest.

>> No.9752830

>>9752822
Better yet, post everyone!

>> No.9752852
File: 387 KB, 896x608, 0079.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9752822
Here's the turtle.

>> No.9752858
File: 319 KB, 896x608, 0080.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

And here's the Medusa, snake, or whatever the hell Lithos is supposed to be. I love her design.

By the way, half my party is at level 60+ while the other half is around level 55, and I'm about to enter stage 21. Weekend really did a thing to the amount of experience you get.

>> No.9752865 [DELETED] 
File: 21 KB, 200x200, cirno.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

post ALL THE TOUHOUS!

>> No.9752883

>>9752830
>>9752865
Here you guys go:
http://www.mediafire.com/?xnbgvlbx2b8qi5y

>> No.9752894

>>9752883
if you ripped those, do you have the tools available, and do they also extract sprites?

>> No.9753170

>>9752883
>http://www.mediafire.com/?xnbgvlbx2b8qi5y
>0018.png
What the hell?

>> No.9753220

>>9753170
Oh, right, I guess you guys don't know. Cut content. It's in the sprites. Speaking of which.
>>9752894
Sprite rip coming in two hours (give or take my slow as hell upload speed)

>> No.9753333
File: 152 KB, 642x481, door.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9753220
So there WAS something in there! I fucking knew it!

>> No.9753370

>>9753220
does the tool also work on the devil of decline and its expansion, or is it only for this game?

asking since it's made by the same guys, and looking at it from the outside uses the same engine and file formats.

a sprite and ost rip from DoD and its expansion pack would be great, but anyway thanks for those.

>> No.9753968

>>9753333
Well not really, just an axed playable character.

>>9753370
It is made by the same guys, but you've got it backwards. Genius of Sappheiros originally ran on its own engine, but when versions 2.07 and up were made, that engine was replaced with the one from Devil of Decline. Sadly, I've had no luck accessing that. I only managed to get these sprites using a lot of help from friends (while the latest version was 2.04). Anyway:

GoS sprite rip:
http://www.mediafire.com/?18fy7l8zpvxwun5

DoD Expansion music (MP3):
http://www.mediafire.com/?7omo20z1rcvn667

DoD official OST (3CDs, all music pre and post expansion, 1GB, lossless format):
http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=torrentinfo&tid=318366

>> No.9754072

>>9753968
Playable Biotopos. I fucking knew it.

>> No.9754138

>>9753968
awesome, thanks.

>> No.9754165

>>9754072
Na. It's probably for that cut-scene fight at the start of the expansion.

>> No.9754221

>>9753968
So many random npcs, what the fuck

>> No.9754294

>>9754221
Most of them are from that scene in the intro.

>> No.9755343
File: 339 KB, 640x480, 120921_capture006_0041.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Stage 21 is surprisingly fun for a final dungeon full of bullshit enemies, but then again that might be because I have an idea of what to do (and how to abuse a few broken things). Compare it to DoD's final pre-expansion dungeon, for example, which feels like a total slog. Also, the fact that I a just replenish my MP/bombs whenever I want may be one of the reasons why it's so entertaining to take a walk in there.

By the way, here's the final levels of my party that went through it, with no grinding at all. Everyone was getting increased experience up until level 65, too, and it looks like everything in there got a nice experience boost, most notably the minibosses, which seem to give something around 15k points (maybe even more than that for the harder ones).

>> No.9755348

>>9755343
Oh, what the hell is this? What level were you when you went in?

>> No.9755357

>>9755348
Mokou and Youmu were at level 55, I think, while Alice and Sanae were at something around 62.

>> No.9755361

>>9755343
Yeah, 21 is actually pretty fun, because you can just go all out on every unfortunate fuck who shows their face.

>> No.9755362

>>9755357
Huh.
...so where/when DID you grind?

>> No.9755368

>>9755343
>>9755361
You can do the same in stage 20, which has an awesome layout and enemies, where stage 21 is just funky graphics, and the enemies are really dull.
Divine Temple is the best stage in the game.

>> No.9755385

>>9755362
I didn't. I cleared stage 20 with pretty much only one party (Alice, Sanae, Sakuya, rotating between Marisa/Alice/Satori) and swapped the commander every now and then so they wouldn't get too far behind. I left it with that main party hovering around level 60 and everyone else at 55.
>>9755368
The problem with stage 20 is that it's a lot bigger and holy shit there are so many enemies. Some encounters can even be beaten with nothing but autobattle too, so even if you don't want to abuse the healing circle just outside your casters should have enough MP to at last clear a room.
Anyway, that place is so big I don't want to think about how long it would take to complete if you went all out in every battle and had to refill your MP every three battles or so.

>> No.9755389

>>9753968
thanks, I love the spritework in these games

>> No.9755403

>>9755385
Oh, ok. I was thinking everyone not Youmu or Mokou was 62 by the time you started 21.

>> No.9756273

I just got up to Komachi and god damn she seems impossible. Pretty much every move she has will one-shot at least one person in my party.

>> No.9756298

>>9756273
She actually has pretty low accuracy, so if you boost your evasion or debuff her accuracy she will only ever hit you if you're really unlucky. I believe most of her attacks are of the dark element as well, so it might be possible to survive them if you somehow get the land all the way up to light (although it's pretty unlikely your Reimu will have Aether Spray this early).

>> No.9756326
File: 10 KB, 128x124, 3462.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9753968
Sweet, thanks.

>> No.9756627
File: 248 KB, 512x380, BTC003.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Different anon.

Here have the monsters/characters and cut ins from DoD
http://www.mediafire.com/?kqv9x95jxstgjlj

>> No.9756957
File: 33 KB, 512x256, 017_20.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9756627
Why is the yama so cute?

>> No.9757193
File: 8 KB, 116x116, 2705.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9753968
Holy shit, this game had mimics planned? OH man, that would've been unnerving.

>> No.9757196

>>9757193
What if they ARE in the game, and you just haven't found one yet?

>> No.9758244

Another Weekend change: you can get Komachi and Tenshi's formations much quicker. I got Komachi's the first time I talked to her, and Tenshi gave me hers at 34 losses, though you probably don't even need that much.

>> No.9759127
File: 248 KB, 639x480, i'm so sorry iku.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I didn't even realize that I was slaughtering Iku's buddies for that formation.
I'm so sorry...

>> No.9759167
File: 661 KB, 848x900, 1339440304369.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9757196

>> No.9759996
File: 32 KB, 596x782, Finger2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9757196
Ahahahaha...
Fuck you

>> No.9760661

Shouldn't "Border of Buff and Debuff" make you immune to all positive and negative variety effects? or turn all variety effects into their opposite?

>> No.9760849

Just beat Genji on my first time. I didn't even know who was coming up, I just lined up my most generic boss party and forgot to change their skills and formation. Pretty sure that was the easiest boss fight I've seen so far...

>> No.9761109

>>9758244
Just confirming this: Komachi's formation can be gotten at 15 (possibly lower, I bet 10 would suffice) deaths and Tenshi's at 30.
>>9760849
Wait until the boss of the next stage. She doesn't even get that awesome boss battle music Genji got.

>> No.9761160

Those damn rabbits halfway through Eientei...this split thing is annoying as hell. It's fine for the stage, but I'm struggling on the bosses.

>> No.9761255
File: 452 KB, 640x480, 120922_capture007_0514.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Holy shit, Mokou, even against Alice you can still deal 3000 damage? Calm down.

By the way, I just realized that easy mode doesn't work on stage 21. Sad for people who need it, I guess.
>>9761160
Let me guess, you didn't level everyone up, right? Good job.
By the way, one of the swords you can make for Sakuya up until that point has slayer effect on the bunnies. Try using it on whoever is giving you more trouble.

>> No.9761262

>>9761255
Everyone's around level 26, I've been spreading the experience out. The problem is just that Sanae can't be in two places at once. I'll try and make that sword and see if that gets me through.

>> No.9761313

>>9761262
Is Reimu not an effective healer in that part of the game? I didn't realize how well she healed until much later, so I wouldn't know.

>> No.9761325

I may sound like a digusting pleb but heed me good sir. Where can I download it?

>> No.9761344

>>9761325
go to >>>/rs/ under the /jp/ tab and search for it

>> No.9761357

>>9761325
The link in the OP might just be a good place to start.

>> No.9761580

>>9761262
Aren't you a bit underlevelled? I think you're actually spread too thin. People around that part are usually level 30 I think? How are your exp gain?
Also, I suggest using Sakuya on Reisen and putting Aya in the Tewi party. Private Square and boosting your evasion will get you through really well.

>> No.9762582

About to fight the stage 20 boss, and I realized I don't have the Mamble and Turtlesmasher I'll need for the final boss.
Which map of Heaven has the most Pretas on it?

>> No.9762606

>>9762582
you don't need those
even though they look pretty cool

>> No.9762623
File: 498 KB, 640x479, i can't spell.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9762582
>>9762606
And after saying that, I immediately get both of them. I love you too, GoS.

You're probably right about me not needing them, though, considering how overleveled the stage 21 enemies are probably going to make me.

>> No.9762946

>>9761580
I'm not sure. I haven't been grinding at all, though I have killed every enemy group on the way. I thought people were saying that's all you needed in this game.

>> No.9763639

>>9762946
Gah.

You're not under-leveled; people are right in saying that all you need to do is kill what's in your way.

Reisen/Tewi, right? Sanae and Aya VS Tewi. Have Sanae buff RES, M DEF, and EVA. Any damage that gets through that she can heal, and the rez spell she has now can get people up if they get unlucky. Offensively do whatever you want.
Reisen folds like a card against Sakuya with her beast slaying sword. Give her anti blind and berserk gear and hide her behind Alice and Reisen will die long before you do. Have Reimu for healing.You can also try using Mokou's face punch to cut Reisen's induction.

>> No.9763661

So, any tips for party splitting? First time I played I went through the game with one team, but I was handicapped around chapter 18 and quit. Second time I tried team splitting and my level 1 characters kept getting wrecked and my party wasn't getting very far into dungeons.

>> No.9763669

>>9763661
Define party splitting.

>> No.9763685

>>9763669

I suppose changing teammates would be a better way to describe it. Switching out strong party members to train weaker ones. The third dungeon isn't going very well for me since my level 1 characters are dead weight.

>> No.9763699

>>9763685
Sakuya, Patchy, and Nitori?
Stick two of them in your party and one in as the commander. They'll die a bit, but they'll catch up soon enough.

>> No.9763703

>>9763699

I may have got it wrong...It's the Blazing Hell or something I believe. Been using Reimu, Aya, Patchy, Nitori and Alice. I don't do nearly enough damage though.

>> No.9763725

>>9763703
Oh. Geez.
Stick Alice in the commander slot if you want levels for her. She's a wasted slot in random battles for a long time. Aya's fairly weak for damage too. Keep Reimu, though; she's good for holy damage and is durable enough to put her in the tanking slot of your formation.

It's a good idea to diversify your party, but don't gimp it to do so.

>> No.9763757

>>9763725

I see. I've been lacking big time, I really wanted to use Reimu, Saku, Sanae, Marisa and whoever else but I'm getting paranoid about the stupid even distribution thing and it's not helping my team.

>> No.9763791

>>9763757
Don't worry about it TO much. You don't need to keep them all perfectly equal anyway.

>> No.9763784

>>9763639
Fuck. I was doing this, all was going well, then suddenly my computer is shutting down because Windows Updates. I swear it's not even set to download automatically.

>> No.9763847

>>9763791

Yeah, I know. Last time the forced party split sections really hurt me though and I don't want to go through that again.

>> No.9763870

Why is Biotopos so god damn pathetic? Her stage is AMAZING, probably the best in the game, but geez. She's just a complete pushover.

>> No.9763942

>>9763784
And finally. Tewi decided to not buff her accuracy at all this time, which helped a lot.

>> No.9764024

>>9763942
Sanae can dispel that.

>> No.9764201

Got the last boss a couple of hours ago and I can't even go past phase 1. I think it's mainly because my party is around 55-65(with some members 51). Should I grind a bit in stage 21 to get tem lvl 70+ before doing more attempts?

>> No.9764220

>>9764201
70 is overkill. Get everyone around 60.
That fight is a tactical mess, definitely the hardest thing in the main game. More levels arn't going to help without a good strategy.

>> No.9764271

>>9764220
Thanks. Well, the phase 1 is "ok", until Anastasis suddenly decides that she must ignore Alice with hourai doll and kill Sanae or Satori. My first team is basically Alice, Patchy, Sanae, Marisa and Satori. I was thinking of trading Satori for Nitori because the only strong spell that she learned was Mad Thunder.

>> No.9764355

>>9764271
>Alice
You're going to hate this; you want Alice on the second team, not the first. The first phase is all tactics; it's the last stage that's the real tough part.

Here's what I did for phase 1...
Hinatori Skydance. Sakuya with the Mambele and Mokou with the Turtlesmasher in front, Marisa and healer/defensive Reimu in back, and dodge tank Aya in the middle. Commander was Satori.
Aya uses her dodge field spell. That right there SHOULD handle Anastasis and most of the adds. When Lithos comes out, have her use illusionary dominance, then Sakuya uses private square. This will skip over Lithos's turns and one of Anastasis's.
For offense, Marisa thunders Anastasis, Mokou volcano's Biotopos, Sakuya dual raid's Lithos in the one turn she can. Don't spend much mana on sisters that won't be affected much; this'll take awhile.

>> No.9764487

>>9764355
I was counting on Reimu and her barriers in the phase 3, but i didn't even get to phase 2 so I think every help is welcome. I will try to save Alice for the second team and put Aya(again) tanking the first one. She was the tank in the first team before Alice, but I switched because I was raging every time Anastasis ignored her and hit-kill one of my casters, ironically, the same happens with Alice. I amazed how Anastasis is the only problem I have in this entire phase 1(Chihiro too, but well, IF she gets summoned, is game over for me anyway)Ah, and I'm using Hinatori Skydance.

>> No.9764517

Ok, what the fuck. When did stage 21 get so fucking hard? I am getting SLAUGHTERED here.

>> No.9764513

Alice isn't absolutely needed in the second part, though. I used her in the first part and I managed to clear just fine

>> No.9764515

>>9764201
My party was mid 70s to mid/high 80's when I beat the final main game boss.

It took a long time before I got a lucky run where I didn't have key members instagibbed with Minus, or runs where they didn't chain summon all the maids or target the damage dealers at the 4% chance.

Anyway, can you shuffle the available quests without beating one?

>> No.9764526

>>9764517
And was the run failure rate always so ridiculously high in here?

>> No.9764567

>>9764517
My only problem with Stage 21(except those mini bosses and the final boss) are that stupid cyber dragons with theirs evolutions breaths killing everyone except Youmu and Alice, even the Mindflayers are more manageable.

>> No.9764586

And why the fuck are the Weekend controls so god damn laggy and unresponsive? Better performance my entire ass.

>> No.9764595

>>9764567
Yeah, I know, that's how it SHOULD be, and how it was the first time around...but now, death, death everywhere.
Those fucking dragons, those fucking robot angel things.

>> No.9764691

Ok. You can't run from the dragons in stage 21 for NO reason at all.
Who the fuck thought this was a good idea?

>> No.9764701

>>9764691
I haven't had problems running from anything in stage 21.

>> No.9764708

>>9764595
I didn't had much problems with the robot angels things, Youmu just blew them up like everything else. But those fucking cyberdragons...

>> No.9764741
File: 111 KB, 637x477, we.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9764701
I don't believe you.
You know how often running away works in the rest of the game? Well, reverse that. That's stage 21.
...sometimes. It just turns off an on it seems, except with the dragons, which I can't run from period.

>> No.9764777

>>9764201
It's nearly impossible to not be around level 70 if you kill everything in that dungeon on Weekend.
>>9764526
Yup. They're mentioned in the Japanese wiki (http://www26.atwiki.jp/touhou_souzin/pages/135.html)), under 敵のパターン. Minibosses have a run success rate of 90%, while normal encounters can go as low as 10%.
>>9764567
>>9764595
Mokou, Paparazzi and Perfect Square usually help with those things for me. The angels go down pretty quickly to Kusanagi Mokou and Doujigiri Youmu as well.

>> No.9764809

>>9764777
>while normal encounters can go as low as 10%.
Ah, ok.

...why?
Oh, I ran into an enemy group wasn't ready for. Guess I'm irrevocably fucked.

>> No.9764823

>>9764586
Try changing the second drop down box in config.exe. That sets the limit on VRAM use(?). 小 is small so maybe you need to let the game use more.

>> No.9764834

>>9764823
I'll try setting that to the highest setting, then.
Regular GoS never had these problems...

>> No.9764836

>>9764809
Because in this dungeon, running also erases them from the map, unlike other stages.

Also I believe the cutscene had Lithos say something about the Gorgon Barrier preventing you from escaping.

Blood Fortress Andromeda!

>> No.9764863

>>9764836
I know it erases them from the map, but that doesn't excuse taking away your ability to run. There's no way you can be prepared for ALL of the different enemies in 21, so not letting you run from the stuff you can't handle is akin to that 9-man instagib squad in Inner Eientei.
Besides, not killing the baddies is punishment enough considering how much experience they give now.

>> No.9765027

Oh hey, Lithos got the good boss theme in Weekend, instead of that overly ominous stuff. Good for her.

>> No.9765104

>>9764777
The problem is that just 3 of my characters are around lvl 70. Going to spend some more time killing everything in stage 21 again til everyone is around 62ish

>> No.9765131

I will never understand how people can think Lithos is easy. Is there some trick to this I'm not seeing?

>> No.9765175

>>9765131
She is pretty easy when you found a way to not get petrified/charmed every turn

>> No.9765195 [DELETED] 

>>9765175
Easier said than done. She's got tons of induction; people getting petrified through RES buff and equipment support is a regular occurrence.

>> No.9765205
File: 570 KB, 642x479, lithos is not strong.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9765175
>>9765175
Easier said than done. She's got tons of induction; people getting petrified through RES buff and equipment support is a regular occurrence.

>> No.9765250
File: 120 KB, 639x478, unyuyaww.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Oh christ, are we autosaging again?

>> No.9765298

>>9765205
Well, I defeated her with Alice, Sanae, Sakuya, Youmu and Byakuren. Alice had tons of resist then even without Sanae or Byakuren buffs, she hardly got CC'ed, so I used her as a life saver with Little Army when Lithos vortex'd my buffs and in the early moments of the fight. With Byakuren and Sanae buffing resistance on both Sakuya and Youmu, I didn't had any problems. The only person that was charmed/petrified "constantly"(in the beginning of the fight) was Sakuya.

>> No.9766226

>>9764863
The encounters in there aren't as hard as you think, if you can deal a ton of damage as fast as possible. The biggest problem are the minibosses, but you should be able to escape from those most of the time.
>>9765131
She's weak to fire (Mokou!) and pierce (spear! Nitori!), and doesn't resist strike (Mokou again!). Reimu can deal with her status effects pretty reliably (especially in the first turn), Sanae's RES buff should be able to protect most characters from everything else she does and by now you should be able to kill her before she uses a second spell card.
I decided to go the fun way with the Inferno formation, no Alice, standard Mokou and Youmu with a spear last time, and even though she used Vortex in the second turn she couldn't last too long. I should have brought Satori to learn spell that too.

>> No.9766844

>>9765250
Looks like weekends kill off weekend threads.

>> No.9769310

Damn it, Ambivalence, where the hell are you hiding? I ran in to you for half the damn encounters the first time I went to your room, but now when I'm all ready to kick your ass...

>> No.9770130
File: 48 KB, 600x440, 1314070428379.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Hina is a whore and makes me mad

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action