[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 33 KB, 256x359, 7063.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9692464 No.9692464 [Reply] [Original]

I am considering reading Muramasa and already have the translation software installed (TA and ITH). I have heard that it is really good but i don't know whether or not it's even worth reading it using the translation from the software.

>> No.9692476

Muramasa with machine translation? That almost asks for a reaction image. You won't have any fun with it.

>> No.9692477

Just read Naruto instead. It's the same thing.

>> No.9692480

Just learn Japanese.

>> No.9692498

Terrible idea.

Muramasa is great, but I can't even begin to imagine how awful a machine translation of it would be. Just start learning Japanese already.

>> No.9692500

It would be silly to ask in the VN thread, wouldn't it.

>> No.9692510

What is more difficult to read, Muramasa or rail-soft titles?

>> No.9692553

I've played a few games with machine translation. Mostly nukige. It's not too hard to get a general idea of whats going on if you take your time with each line. The facial expressions, music, cgs etc really help. The real problem are the infodumps, specially stuff like magic and technology, humor/insults of course, and long sentences. From threads I've read about it this one has a lot of military / fighting infodumps.
Before playing untranslated stuff you should always check tlwiki, they have a list of lines vs. amount of kanji for most VNs out there, this can give you a very good idea of how complex the text is.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action