[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 120 KB, 600x600, 1343509309016.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9656216 No.9656216 [Reply] [Original]

Why haven't you made yourself go crazy yet? You could be living in Gensokyo right now.

All it takes is some earplugs, a blindfold, and some free time.

>In January 2008, the BBC aired a Horizon special entitled "Total Isolation." The premise of the show centered around 6 individuals agreeing to be shut in a cell inside a nuclear bunker, alone and in complete darkness for 48 hours. Prior to isolation, the volunteers underwent tests of visual memory, information processing, verbal fluency and suggestibility.
>After the two days and two nights the subjects noted that their inability to sense time, as well as hallucinations, made the experience difficult. Of the six volunteers, three experienced auditory and visual hallucinations - snakes, oysters, tiny cars and zebras. One was convinced their sheets were wet.

And that was only two days. After a week you would be taking a stroll with Reimu.

>> No.9656223

Thats not how crazy works you dumb faggot.

>> No.9656232

because i get enough autismbucks to afford real drugs

>> No.9656234

Because lucid dream is kawaii

>> No.9656237
File: 529 KB, 849x1200, 1333869811008.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Just use your imagination /jp/.

It's what I do, and now I'm never lonely.

>> No.9656238

>>9656234
You can't magically see 2D girls in lucid dreams.

>> No.9656239

>>9656216
I can imagine plenty of enjoyable things after waking up, that's way better than 48 hours of nothing.

>> No.9656243

>>9656237
>>9656239

Can you imagine them so well that you see them or is it just in your mind's eye?

>> No.9656247
File: 40 KB, 300x300, 1284153945132.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9656243
It's just in the mind's eye.

I'm not that good. But it's better than nothing.

>> No.9656252

Mescaline

>> No.9656254
File: 26 KB, 801x459, 1310896974386.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Being able to hallucinate for depriving for brain of stimulus is not a fresh new, have you never tried lucid dream and failed?

>> No.9656258
File: 17 KB, 450x400, ozoi.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

i am already insane

>> No.9656267

>>9656243
Of course it's only the mind's eye. But at least I only need to be a little switched off to do it, and can control what I fantasize about.

>> No.9656288

>>9656258
I LOVE YOU SPARKY

>> No.9656299

Being alone in complete darkness for more than a few minutes would make me imagine I was surrounded by hidden night bugs that would crawl all over me and into my pants while I slept.

>> No.9656303
File: 158 KB, 800x800, ^^10939e90f78e4d4e354fd59a538b8a27.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9656288

>> No.9656318 [DELETED] 
File: 103 KB, 800x780, nxc-kos-mos.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erIlK1L4zdg
I AM THE WILL OF THE UNIVERSE
YOU IDENTITY AS THE AS.. BUDDHA
BEHOLD, THIS IS WHAT IT MEAN TO HAVE THE POWER OF A GOD.
DO YOU SERIOUSLY INTEND TO FIGHT... GOD.

>> No.9656319
File: 112 KB, 1051x1321, 1296344445461.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I already hallucinate.

The hallucinations are primarily auditory and typically feature a whispering woman, the voice of whom I have been unable to pinpoint and can only assume has been synthesized from various other female voices.

My visual hallucinations are considerably more varied but my most frequent visual hallucinations involve things in my food such as severed body parts, maggots/larvae, blood, and insects. Aside from those, usually my hallucinations are environmental and do not immediately affect me. I have learned to not pay attention to or point out peculiar or otherwise noteworthy objects within my environment as those things are almost never seen by other people.

My hallucinations are triggered by stress and have lately been very common. I employ a variety of techniques to ensure that they do not impede my life.

>> No.9656320

>>9656216
How did they know where to piss and shit? How did they eat and drink?

>> No.9656323
File: 807 KB, 3021x4157, 1277774431222.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I also frequently have visual hallucinations of 2D characters, which is quite difficult to explain in that they manage to not appear out of place but are still noticeably 2D and share a likeness with their actual 2D character. Previously, these hallucinations took the form of the members of the SOS Brigade from the Haruhi series, but those characters have stopped appearing one by one, save for Nagato Yuki, who continues to appear in the distance, reading. I posit that the voice I frequently hear is the voice I have imagined for Yuki, and I have noticed that when I hear the voice and see Yuki, she is looking at me rather than reading. Whether or not this is due to her somehow being aware of my hallucination or because the voice is somehow hers is still unknown.

As a result of whatever condition -diagnosed Schizophrenia, but I'm not convinced- I have which causes this hallucinations, I am unable to tell the difference between reality and fiction. As I understand it, my perceptions of reality and fiction are congruent with that of someone of a more stable mind, but I cannot comprehend how they are actually different, although I am aware of the differences due to them being explained to me by various people.

>> No.9656327
File: 283 KB, 600x600, 1301139421210.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I frequently believe that our reality exists in a pseudo-singularity, and because of its dissipation of mass the laws of physics as we know them cease to exist in certain cases, which has caused the manipulation of the phase space of my reality such that I may cease to exist in this reality as you may know it, and exist instead as a fictional character in a currently non-existing reality. This is a reoccurring delusion of mine, and while I typically maintain my typical demeanor while under this delusion, I may say strange things as a result of my beliefs. Because of this, it's wise to never talk to me about anything regarding reality, identity, or existence.

I am not in control of my hallucinations, but I have learned to live without them having a detrimental effect on my life. Most people are either not aware of the fact that I am like this, or do not believe that I am like this.

I do not understand or accept my own identity and a result of this will deliberately mislead people into believing that I am either similar to, or actually someone else entirely. I do not identify with other humans, I'm not interested in them romantically, and I do not feel as though I am human, even though I am aware the fact that I am.

Although I do not believe that my condition is a good thing, I do find myself to be fortunate in understanding the logistics of the perception of an alternate reality and how that perception affects other perceptions.

In conclusion, being "Crazy" is not necessarily detrimental to one's life, but is, as a general rule, not a good thing to be.

>> No.9656331

>>9656319
You do realize you're most likely suffering from schizophrenia, and considering how well you've been able to handle it yourself, most of your symptoms would abate with the proper medication?

>> No.9656333

>>9656327
Don't listen to him; medications cause brain damage!

>> No.9656338

I would probably think about games and sleep a lot.

>> No.9656346

>>9656238
>>9656327
I like you. Every post of yours is weird and always seems to border the absurd.

>> No.9656352

>Earplugs

Jesus fucking christ no how horrifying. Whenever I'm in total silence my ears fill up with this 'noise' that gets so fucking loud I can feel it on my eardrums. It's actually impossible for me to sleep without a fan or some other kind of constant noise source nearby.

Anyone else got this problem?

>> No.9656355

>>9656352
Yes, me too. I hate it. I'm glad that I finally got a fan so I don't have to leave my computer on all day

>> No.9656362

http://videos.escapeartist.com/watch_video.php?v=KSN82RAROS3M

>woman is cut off from the outside world for less than 30 mins
>pisses the bed
normalfags

>> No.9656360

I think my mental constitution is strong so I am unsure if 2 days of total isolation would do anything to me. Might take longer.

>> No.9656361

>>9656352
Actually that's pretty normal afaik.

>> No.9656365 [DELETED] 

>>9656352
Does it sound like a continous high-pitched electronic whine?

>> No.9656373

>>9656243

I can see my imaginary friend with eyes open and I can hear her with my ears. Visually she is very clear, but audibly it's not exactly like hearing a real voice, it's more like those 3D sound videos on youtube. I can hear the direction that her voice is coming from, but it has that strange tingly "there's a voice inside of my head" quality that 3D sound videos have.

Admittedly though, I did have to frequently use psychedelics for several months to get my mind to this point. Prior to that I had little to no success. I'd compare it to cracking open a walnut, except the walnut is your brain's protective layer around the entry to opening up the full power of your imagination and the psychedelics are a hammer.

You might be able to crack open the walnut with your hand but it would be pretty hard and it would take a lot of strength and determination. Alternatively you can use the hammer.

That's not to say it's without dangers though. I wouldn't suggest that anyone jumps into this lightly if they're interested in trying. I have a slight form of HPPD now from using the psychedelics as frequently as I did. It's just occasional size distortion when I look at things from time to time, makes objects seem further away and smaller than they really are. There's also a feeling of depersonalization which comes and goes, it's minor but unnerving. Just an occasional strange dream-like feeling where I look around and things just don't feel quite real or I might look at my hand as I'm typing and my limb feels like it's not mine, almost like I'm looking at someone else's hand even though I know it's my own. It's not that bad, just odd.

>> No.9656375

>>9656352
I'm just the opposite, for the past two years I go to sleep with earplugs every day because my family is loud. I'm so used to earplugs now that I have trouble falling asleep without them.

>> No.9656383
File: 119 KB, 675x1080, 5793c2639510361e636ae9af5c92ffab.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9656331
I've taken various medications, none of which were particularly effective or worth their side-effects.

I don't fully believe that I have Schizophrenia. The lack of effectiveness of medication is enough support for my apprehension of the diagnosis.

>>9656355
>>9656352
Use earplugs with a lower dB reduction. That sound is produced to encourage the introduction of stimuli, and is a self-preservation mechanism. The ideal earplugs are ones which reduce the dB of noise to below your reaction threshold, where the sounds would not wake you up or otherwise alert you.

>> No.9656394
File: 60 KB, 521x1091, 1345936168248.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Sounds like this shit.

>> No.9656396

>>9656352
Does it sound like a continuous high-pitched electronic whine? Like the sound a TV makes when it's on, but it's actually inside your ear? I've had it since I was a young child, or possibly my entire life. I just noticed it one day.

>> No.9656406

>>9656375
That's actually the other reason I use the fan, if the 'noise' doesn't get to me then I start to notice every tiny, isolated fucking noise remotely near me. All in all it's just far less trouble to use a fan and wash away everything with a constant, non-intrusive sound.

>> No.9656411

>>9656352
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tinnitus

Not an unheard of thing.
Here's an article.

>> No.9656434

I have an incredibly strong fear of psychosis.

>> No.9656441

>>9656434
Are you a girl?

>> No.9656443

>>9656441

No, but I pretend to be one on the internet.

>> No.9656465

I sometimes have audial hallucinations. It's always the same thing - my favorite song, except in with a slightly more spacey tune.
Doesn't happen often enough, like 3 or 4 times over the last year.

>> No.9656546

Doctors say I'm the illest because I'm suffering from realness.

>> No.9656555

>>9656406
Nice to know there are a lot other people who do this. I have also tinnitus and an electric fan that's always on.

>> No.9656561
File: 60 KB, 294x294, 1343815587089.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Does anyone know what the early symptoms of schizophrenia are when it first begins to set in?

I haven't felt right for about four months now and it's getting increasingly worse. I don't think that I have completely hallucinated yet, but the way that I think is changing and I'm starting to see these small oddities flash by in mostly my peripheral vision.

For example, early today I was walking by the restroom, I glanced into the room, and as I was turning away for just a second it looked like the bottle of shaving cream on the counter started twitchy and crumpling up on itself like a soda can. I blinked and did a double-take and then it was back to normal. This has been happening a lot lately in various different situations.

My thoughts are getting strange too. I could be going about my day normally and all of the sudden I get this burst of intrusive thoughts entering my head. They don't make any sense, it's gibberish or a string of unrelated words, but they aren't my thoughts. The thoughts don't feel like they're coming from me and it leaves me feeling very unsettled. Sometimes I feel this overwhelming sense of doom as well, there's no reason for why I feel it but I feel like something horrible is about to happen, I can just sense it and I start to feel sick, but nothing ever happens. I'm also feeling these irresistible compulsions to do weird things. There's never any reason, it's just a very strong urge that I can't resist. I might be listening to something and I feel like I need to turn the volume up as loud as it can go even though I know it will hurt and I can't stop thinking about it until I get it over with. This happens with other things too, I need to pick up a random object on my desk and put it somewhere else and I don't know why but I just do.

someone please respond. I'm scared and worried.

>> No.9656575

>>9656561
It's assbugers

>> No.9656584

>>9656561
Honestly, this sounds more like you're freaking yourself out and spending too much time alone.

Now, I wouldn't suggest anything as ridiculous as normalfagging out, but having a little conversation with your family or even electronic friends can do a lot for taking yourself out of your head.

>> No.9656617

Dinner,
you ate it, there is none left
It was salty, with butter and it was def
You proceeded to eat it cos you was in the mood
But homes you did not read it was a can of dog food! You be illin'

>> No.9656664

>>9656327
Thats the coolest kind of schizophrenia I have ever seen. Schizoid here. I have a few crazy thoughts and I'm basically textbook schizoid. A bit of schizotypy, I have really weird thoughts and I always think someone's able to read my mind or something, and when I think the something randomly and someone says what I was thinking verbatim, it really freaks me out and doesn't help. I wish that I could just skip the current awkward phrase that I am in now and just go full schizophrenia, but it's not happening. Working on a tulpa to fill the void I guess. The most I get a really minor hallucinations while turning my head, thats it.

>Myblog

>> No.9656698

>>9656664
>and just go full schizophrenia

Schizoid has nothing to do with schizophrenia, retard

>> No.9656715
File: 38 KB, 499x353, suwako_hands_outstretched.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9656561
I've experienced similar things - it sounds like you just need to relax.

When you think that you're seeing those hallucinations or get those intrusive thoughts, just stop for a second and tell yourself that you have an understanding of reality, that you know you're one person, and that your mind is simply wandering.

If you remain afraid of these things, then they'll get to you more often. Try meditating, or some alternate method of relaxing your mind. It's likely just a phase from being stressed out and will pass soon enough.

I hope you feel better anon, have some love.

>> No.9656763

>>9656698

Schizophrenic elitism is a form of bullying.

>> No.9656805

>>9656698
Actually schizoid, schizotypy and avoidant personality disorders used to all be under schizophrenia. I'm a tiny bit of a schizotypy too, which is where my random delusions about things sometimes pop up, but I rationalize them away, I am a schizoid after all.

>> No.9656888
File: 200 KB, 462x590, 1346019709348.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I wish I was schizoid.

I'm schizotypal and I act like a scared baby.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xf4e-AxJ7nM

I got very upset and cried when I heard this earlier this year. I kept seeing all of these strange sound videos pop up and I was convinced that some kind of ancient Lovecraftian beast was waking up beneath the earth and I nearly had a panic attack several times in addition to the crying. I'm still fairly upset about this, but nothing seems to be happening so maybe it was nothing.

>> No.9656926

>>9656888
What the fuck is that? Did you actually find out what that sound is? It's one of those sounds that actually makes you feel some weird shit, what the hell? It's like the feeling you get from a klaxon.

>> No.9656949

>>9656926

This was the only thing I found, but it sounded kind of scary too. I don't really understand what it's talking about.

http://geochangemag.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=142:strange-sounds-in-s
ky-explained-by-scientists-&catid=1:global-news&Itemid=9

>> No.9656965

>>9656926
>>9656949
It was some underground construction on old tunnels in some country.

>> No.9656967

>>9656805
>Actually schizoid, schizotypy and avoidant personality disorders used to all be under schizophrenia.

But that's wrong fuckface.

>> No.9656985

>>9656926
Those sounds have been appearing for a while across the world. They are entirely unexplained even now.

There are also a lot of fake recordings and recordings which do have explanations, but as for the sounds in that video, no.

A common theory is that the sounds have some connection to the bloop, which in turn is believed to have some connection to lovecraftian horror. Comparing the two sounds, they are very similar and could potentially have the same origin. Because the bloop originated from the very deep sea, in yet to be explored depths, was loud enough to be picked up, and organic in nature, it is not unreasonable to assume that the origin is a very large aquatic creature. Because of the similarities, many people have taken to believing that what-ever created the bloop has moved onto the surface somehow.

This has a shocking similarity to lovecraftian horror and is understandably unsettling for that reason. Fortunately, Lovecraft was a fiction writer, and his stories were fiction. Even if it was a large, aquatic creature, it would also be so due to deep sea gigantism which would prevent it from surfacing because of the rapid pressure change, which would cause such a creature to explode.

More likely it has something to do with increased solar activity interacting with the earth's magnetic poles. While this doesn't mean that some huge creature is going to walk on the surface of our planet, destroying our cities, it does mean that we will likely nearing a very powerful solar flare which could potentially wipe out all life on our planet, which might take place some time during a period of more frequent and intense natural disasters.

>> No.9656987

>>9656949
>>9656965
Multiple videos are showing really odd and different sounds that can't all just be some drilling gear. People know what fucking drilling gear sounds like, and thats not it. What the fuck, why have I never heard anyone talking about this before?

>> No.9657006

>>9656987
It's a hoax.

>> No.9657011

>>9656985

>it does mean that we will likely nearing a very powerful solar flare which could potentially wipe out all life on our planet, which might take place some time during a period of more frequent and intense natural disasters

but I don't want to die...

I haven't even learned Japanese yet

>> No.9657012

>>9656763
>elitism

This is coming from conversations I've had with multiple psychiatrists. If you don't see or hear things that aren't there, then that's the only time you're fucking schizophrenic (or schizotypal). Schizoid has NOTHING to do with schizophrenia except that schizophrenics are usually introverted.

>> No.9657015

>>9657012

>If you don't see or hear things that aren't there, then that's the only time you're fucking schizophrenic (or schizotypal).

Crushing someone's dreams is a form of bullying.

>> No.9657021

>>9657011
Luckily, it's very unlikely that any solar flare would affect us very much. We'll probably see more intense natural disasters in the coming years, but mostly this just means that space flight is going to be very difficult for a few years.

>> No.9657023

>>9657011
Pray to the sun/Ra.

>> No.9657028

After the mentioning of those strange sounds I heard some sort of humming in the skies here
I've heard stuff like it here before too, it's kinda creepy.

>> No.9657033

>>9657028
Me too.
It's like there's some large invisible aircraft flying over the sky.

>> No.9657035

>>9657033
It was the same here! It wasn't really trumpetty but more of a loud humming.
Where do you live anon?

>> No.9657038

>>9657012
Not the guy that called you an elitist, but I do get some very minor hallucinations, but it's nothing. I can lucid dream, and those dreams are way more vivid than these "What was that on the count-... ah my heads just messing with me" occurrences. And like I said, I do have random really odd delusions. Like my entire middle school life, I thought I was some odd demi god because I kept thinking of weird random occurrence that I'd like to see and it would happen 90% of the time, either that same day or some time that week. And I truly believed that I was fucking magic till I got out of middle school and stopped doing that shit because of depression that came out of nowhere.

>> No.9657046

>>9657035
Southern California.

>> No.9657058

>>9657046
I see

a lot of the noises are pretty similar
http://youtu.be/EvNSvqT_UBQ In Newfoundland

>> No.9657060

>>9656888 >>9656949
Pretty wild.

It really does just sound like crazy enormous-scale reverberations though. It sounds just like what I heard on a ship I was on once, only bigger. Could easily see it as being the Earth vibrating and groaning and bouncing out to the atmosphere and back in. Cool stuff anyways.

>> No.9657063

>>9657046
South Carolina

>> No.9657080

Earth vibrating and making crazy doomsday skynoises in the last couple years?
CERN has gotten it's major experiments up and running in the last couple years?

Coincidence? I think not.

>> No.9657095
File: 61 KB, 646x822, 1340320996278.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9657023

>Pray to the sun/Ra.

This actually makes a lot of sense. I was thinking about becoming a shaman, but I didn't have much motivation to do so until now.

If I could communicate with the elements then maybe they could tell me what is going on and if earth will be safe from the sun and if these sounds are coming from inside the earth then maybe I can communicate with the elemental spirit that is making the sounds.

Shamanism has been around for millions of years, far longer than any of the religions today, so there must be something to it. I'm definitely going to go down the road of the shaman.

>> No.9657121

>>9657095
Good luck on your journey.

>> No.9657152

>>9657095
The earth itself is crying out in pain, and you want to ask what is going on?
It's pretty damn obvious what is going on.

>> No.9657158

>>9657095

You can't talk to elements, they are inanimate objects

Shamans believe in things that aren't real.

>> No.9657177

>>9657095
But Earth would speak in frequencies lower and higher than you're capable of understanding.

>> No.9657199

>>9656888
Thanks, I seriously can't sleep now.

>> No.9657213

>>9657199
It's a hoax.

What kind of ultrapussies are you guys, anyway?

>> No.9657219

>>9657213
Yeah a hoax concocted by the entire world all around the same time.

>> No.9657234 [DELETED] 

>>9657219
http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message1756887/pg1

>> No.9657242

>>9657234
Yeah the sounds also in half life 2, what's your point?

>> No.9657269
File: 163 KB, 1123x947, 234324234.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9657177

I guess that's what the magical drinks and special plants are for though. It seems like a shaman and mind-altering plants go hand in hand, I've never seen one without the other. Well, I've seen people, hippies in particular, with the plants, but I've never seen a shaman that didn't have plants or some kind of brewed drink.

I wonder if that altered state of mind allows him to enter a different plane of existence where he's able to communicate with the earth in a spiritual way, almost like tapping into a connection that we all have with each other and with the rocks, the animals, the trees, and the other things of nature. Sort of like a universal string of life energies or a field of life energy that binds us all together and when they're in that plane of existence then they're able to get in touch with the elements on a spiritual level.

That would make a lot of sense.

>> No.9657284

>>9657269
Matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration. We are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There's no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are an imagination of ourselves. Fear's gone with the weather.

>> No.9657305

>>9657095
>>9657269

That's adorable. Life would be a lot more interesting if I had the magical thinking symptom that schizotypals get. Being schizoid is so damn boring. It's like they broke schizophrenia in half, took all of the boring negative features and made schizoids and took all of the fun and interesting features and made schizotypals.

>> No.9657307

>>9657284
angry satirist guy pls go

>> No.9657311

>>9657307
That wasn't satire, that was a Bill Hicks quote.

>> No.9657314

>>9657311
yeah, that guy

>> No.9657313
File: 47 KB, 400x336, 1345983373261.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9657284

>Matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration. We are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively.

Isn't this true though?

>> No.9657321

>>9657313
Yes.

>> No.9657371

>>9657015
I accidentally turned that into a double negative

>> No.9657597

>>9657058

is this real? are we going to die

>> No.9657678

I dont suffer from hallucinations, or schizophrenia, and Ive never managed to successfully lucid dream. I do however suffer from sleep paralysis and on the very rare occasion I get night terrors.

Try having a dream in your own room where you can see everything normal but your mind is like fighting against the sleep and you cant control it, and end up sticking your legs out your window imagining you're getting sucked into a giant vagina, then suddenly you think you're in space and there is no air. Then waking up the next morning naked on your kitchen floor. I dont even fucking know how to explain it. Its not fun.

>> No.9657719

>>9657678

>I do however suffer from sleep paralysis

I got that once when I tried to take a nap and lucid dream, but ended up falling asleep. Woke up a little while later and I couldn't move an inch and it felt like there was this tall shadow man standing next to my bed and staring down at me. It was horrifying. My heart was racing so fast.

>> No.9657771

>>9657678
That sounds amazing; consider yourself to have a pretty cool gift.

On a similar note, one time I had a really lucid dream where I woke up in bed and suddenly heard this noise of rattling chains and some moaning - very similar to the sounds Lisa Trevor makes on the first Resident Evil game.

I tried to look to my left to find the source of this dreadful noise but I was totally paralysed. This really high-pitched ringing noise started sounding and as this beast drew closer, it got louder and louder until I woke up to reality.

What in god's name happened?

>> No.9657781

Did they use babies? Two days of isolation is nothing. Oh it was a tv show.

>> No.9657830

>>9656383
Student in the fields of an allied health profession here.

>I don't fully believe that I have Schizophrenia.
Neither do many schizophrenics. But then again, these people also believe that they are the second coming of Winston Churchill and whatnot.

>The lack of effectiveness of medication is enough support for my apprehension of the diagnosis.
That doesn't justify anything. Medications aren't some kind of universal panacea that works for all people in the same manner; people are different, and drugs will have different effects for different cases. For one individual a drug might be effective, but useless for another, and for someone else a tiny dose might even be too strong for them. Some people are allergic to drugs that others aren't (e.g. penicillin allergies), and some drugs have been clinically proven to work in only 0.5% of all cases.

>> No.9657835

Sometimes I put earplugs in my ears and pretend I am deaf. It helps me have more in common with Shizune!

>> No.9657859

>>9657830
>well drugs don't always work...

This is why psychiatry is bullshit.

Well, praying doesn't ALWAYS work...
Well, magic doesn't ALWAYS work...
Well, horoscopes aren't ALWAYS right...

>> No.9657868

>>9656216
sensory deprivation is not fun

>> No.9657882

Why don't we look to the schizophrenics of our society for wisdom and a unique perspective on life?

They could act as wise scholars of another world, essentially gatekeepers to a dimension that only they can see. They could record what they see and share stories with the rest of us and we could go to them for insight and council when we want a unique perspective on an issue that we're thinking about.

My uncle was schizophrenic and he was a fascinating man. He told me so many tales and we went on so many adventures together. I loved every moment that I spent with him because he was such an interesting fellow. There are not many people like that in the world, schizophrenics just see life from a different and fascinating viewpoint than the rest of us.

Later on though they did put him on medication and it robbed him of his spirit. He had no more joy for life, his delusions were gone but those pills had turned him into a husk. He was like a zombie after that.

We shouldn't sedate and rip the spirit out of schizophrenics. We should learn how to accommodate them, give them a comfortable and safe place to live, and learn from the fascinating things that they can tell us about a whole world that only they can see.

>> No.9657907

>>9657882
Why did they put him on drugs? Was he dangerous?

>> No.9657914

>>9657907

He wasn't dangerous at all. His mother just died and my aunt became his caretaker. She didn't want to go through all of the work that their mother did and she just insisted that he go on medication.

>> No.9657932

>>9657597
Yes.
http://youtu.be/Ws4_jvyjR6w

>> No.9658183

>>9657882
Do you read Foucault?

>> No.9658196

guys srsly is schizophrenia anything other than a sonic youth song?

>> No.9658224

I'm an insomiac. I have literally spent whole nights in complete darkness with no sounds whatsoever perfectly awake.
I've never experienced any of the shit it is mentioned on this thread.

I suppose it is different for someone who lives inside his own world as a regular basis. The lack of external stimuli doesn't change a damn thing.

>> No.9658291

I have an OCD and depressive disorder. Am I crazy?

>> No.9658296

>>9658291
Yes.
You're one fucked up dude.

>> No.9658298
File: 108 KB, 926x706, 1c9de6fe552556533a9479d04d93089e.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9657771

Its not good. I hate it and it really fucks me up some nights, where I might wake up 5-10+ times paralyzed or with altered consciousness.

The terrors havent happened in years and only seem to happen when I become very ill. When I was about 13 I was in hospital and due to my terrors I ended up screaming and banging my head off a mirror, attacking a nurse and just causing havock in my room. The next morning I woke up thinking it was all a dream. Its something Im prety embarrassed about.

and what you described happening to you sounds nearly exactly like sleep paralysis. I think most people experience it at least once.

>> No.9658605

>>9657859
That isn't a logical progression of concepts.

Magic never works.
Praying never works.
Horoscopes never work.
Drugs work on every person who has a physiology that is receptive to the specific drug, and the specifics and magnitude of effects depend on their physical baselines and their bodies receptiveness to the drug.

Sure, drugs don't work at all sometimes. Sure, drugs don't work properly sometimes. Guess what, human bodies are complicated and everyone is most certainly not born equal. We have no convenient way to take species-wide averages of chemicals to base suggested medical doses on, and usually no way to physically measure if someone has an imbalance that could be compensated with drug application.

Medicine is flying forward so fast it's almost ridiculous, and some parts haven't caught up to others. We have many of the solutions, but only a vague idea of when to properly apply them. It's like bringing a full cheat-sheet into a fluid dynamics exam without having attended any of the classes. You've got a start point (the symptoms) and a possible solution (the drugs), but you've gotta simply guess and hope you're right about how to apply everything properly.

>> No.9658936 [DELETED] 

Do you ever miss being depress, /jp/? It was kind of comforting for the few years I was suffering from it.

>> No.9659289

>>9656888
Man, if I ever heard that, I'd pick up a crowbar and go investigate.

> Scientist - check (Comp. Sci still counts)
> Cool hair - check
> Environmental suit - fancy name for a jacket, check
> Thick-rimmed glasses - check
> Crowbar - check
Yep, fully equipped for any unforeseen circumstances.

>> No.9659300

>>9656238
Are you fucking serious?

Yes, you can magically see 2D girls in lucid dreams. What makes you think you can't?

>> No.9659314

>>9656664
>Schizoid
The sensation of reading the wiki on this disorder and realizing that you fit it to a "t".

...and here I thought I was well-adjusted.

>> No.9659317

>>9659314
that feel when you realize a trip you once liked is actually a complete fucking dumbass

>> No.9659328

>>9659317
If the first three words weren't evidence enough, the rest of the post has confirmed that you are dumb for real just kill yourself

>> No.9659341

>>9659289
> Scientist - check (Comp. Sci still counts)
Computer Science student here, I laughed.

>> No.9659347

I don't lucid dream. Rather I guess I have the interesting disposition of having ADD while not being on drug therapy. What this more or less means in the case you don't know is that those with ADD have a terribly bad habit of going into deep 'day dreams'.

Similarly I do this from time to time intentionally and otherwise, something particularly captivating comes to mind or if I'm bored to all hell, I'll simply sit down in a nice comfy chair and daydream for however long, usually until something loud knocks me out of it. Sometimes its only 15 minutes, sometimes it can be upwards of 2-3 hours. Its neat on one hand because you get so involved in it. You tune out the entire world around you 'almost' entirely, and the world inside your mind feels 'almost' real. Even to this day I'm not sure what to think of it, on one hand it is great; but on the other hand I feel like I get too involved with it for it to mentally healthy.

>> No.9659370
File: 159 KB, 321x234, 1324724382031.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9659328
http://archive.foolz.us/jp/search/email/safe/

that feel when you spend every waking moment of your life being this mad on /jp/

>> No.9659476

>>9659314
I just did the same exact thing last week, I wouldn't call myself well-adjusted though. The problem is there's so many different definitions and interpretations of SPD, often contradicting, that it leaves you wondering which are the most accurate.

>> No.9659493
File: 648 KB, 900x900, luna.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9659370
Keep up the good work

>> No.9659494

>>9659317

What's wrong, is his self diagnosis of a "disease" that was fabricated by pseudoscience, not as legitimate as if a REAL pseudo-scientist told him he "had it".

I could go into any goddamn psychiatrist I wanted, and get them to "diagnose" me with almost whatever I wanted. Because their diagnostic procedures involve absolutely no science, but rather solely their arbitrary opinion.

>> No.9659506

>>9659494
Every doctor functions strictly on 'arbitrary opinion' though. If there were no opinions in medicine then we would only need computers, not doctors.

>> No.9659511

>>9659506

Psychiatry and psychology are the only fields that solely rely on arbitrary opinion though, with absolutely no science involved in their "diagnostic" procedures.

That's what makes them unique in that aspect.

>> No.9659517

>>9659476
I think I'm just gonna go with my own diagnosis, which is that I'm generally fine considering I live in a world of sociopaths and people who couldn't give a shit about one another.

Realizing this fact has made me retreat from society and get extremely gunshy about forming new bonds, but I don't look at this as avoidant so much as logically self-preserving based on my past experiences with people and those that I have observed from others.

>> No.9659533

>>9659370
This is the most depressing and autistic shitposting I've ever read on /jp/. Whoever that is needs to be kept on a leash.

>> No.9659607

>>9659511
How do you think medical doctors did their job before they had access to expensive, modern lab equipment? Magic?

>> No.9659632

>>9659607

Physical tests existed since early humans.

Putting your hand on someones head is a physical test, various physical neurological exams are physical and scientific, (many which require no equipment all whatsoever) checking someones pulse/BPM with your hand is a physical and scientific test. Deducting what could be wrong with someone from physical symptoms like vomiting, diarrhea, convulsions, fever, poor motor function, loss of consciousness, etc. etc.. Is science, yet these all existed for a very long time in human history.

You know what is not science? Taking a combination of a personality traits, emotions, and behaviors, with no proven indication that they are indications of a neurological diseases, giving them a label, and with no science involved at all, claiming that they are an indication of a neurological disease within the brain.

Even though they haven't found a etiology or biomarker, and even though there is absolutely no way to verify whether or not someone has them, they decided that they were diseases within the brain, no different than MS, epilepsy, migraines, Alzheimers, Parkinsons, etc.

Even worse, they then decided to give out various addictive psychoactive drugs, and use "therapies" like insulin shock, ECT, and other various fucked up shit, to "cure" people of these fabricated diseases.

They are giving 3 year olds amphetamines because they are "hyperactive" and don't pay attention to things that bore them, science my ass.

>> No.9659634

>>9659517
I'd say you're generally fine either way, but I wouldn't assume everyone else is the same way. Finding out I may be schizoid made me realize that other people may actually be getting something that I'm not, whereas before I always thought they were overreacting or exaggerating. The question is whether I'm really schizoid or just a shallow person, I think knowing the context of your own worldview is important as well.

>> No.9659647

>>9656561
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prodrome#In_schizophrenia

>> No.9659663

>>9659370
safe AKA "Pity Reply" AKA shitposter of the year

>> No.9659664

>>9656561

I have mild signs of psychosis too.

I refuse to use the term schizophrenia, but ya, for lack of better words, I feel disconnected from "reality", mentally deranged, and psychotic. It's a terrifying feeling that makes me want to run, literally run out of the house and just keep running. Personally I blame past drug abuse, but I don't know.

What helps me, is reassuring myself of the cold hard fact, that perception of existence is 100% unexplainable to everyone on earth. If someone claims to know the etiology or inner-workings of perception of existence, no matter how "scientific" it seems, it would be a logical fallacy. I really don't feel like typing out why it would be, but if you think about it you'll understand.

>> No.9659699

>>9659632
Emotions and psychological effects are all physical phenomenon. Being extremely depressed is just as much of a symptom as having a high body temperature or a bad stomach ache. A psychiatrist tests your mind for symptoms because they deal with mental illnesses, just like a physician doesn't grab your balls and ask you to cough when you tell them you have a headache.

>> No.9659721

>>9659663
AKA Ryan AKA yRan AKA mightiyad AKA Idolffan AKA Grand Autismo AKA Tokiko clone

>> No.9659725

>>9659699

"Mental illnesses" are fabricated bullshit though.

The criterion of symptoms in them ARE real, but once you use the psychiatric label, it means you believe that they are caused by a biological disease within the brain. Even though there is no known etiology or biomarker, no proof/evidence that they are caused by a biological disease in the brain, and the diagnostic procedure is literally just someone talking to you and giving you questionnaires.

The "symptoms" of "depression" aren't symptoms, they are emotions, personality traits, and behaviors, with no indication that they are caused by a disease within the brain. They are NOT the same as a fever, or severe stomach pains (not related to gas or something mundane), which are symptoms of a disease.

>> No.9659733

>basement dwelling permavirgins thinking they know shit bout psychology

>> No.9659738

The mentally ill are the only sane ones among us. They see into the true world.

##REAL talk
##very deep
##rare intellectual thought

>> No.9659742

>>9659733
I have twenty self diagnosed mental diseases that I studied thoroughly on wikipedia, assclown. Think before you spew garbage, normie.

>> No.9659743

>>9659733
Two thirds of what your average graduate with a bachelor's degree in psychology can be learned out of textbooks, and textbooks are free.

>> No.9659746

>>9659725
>The "symptoms" of "depression" aren't symptoms, they are emotions, personality traits, and behaviors, with no indication that they are caused by a disease within the brain.
And there goes your credibility. I bet you think there aren't any symptoms for methamphetamine addiction/withdrawal either.

>> No.9659754

>>9659733

Psychology =/= Psychiatry

I know quite a lot about psychiatry actually. I've had more than enough experience with them, been harmed more then enough by them, seen more then enough other people get harmed by them, and researched and evaluated their practices enough, to know that they are pseudo-scientists, and often times sick-fucks that deserve to be in prison. Tthe remainder of them are well meaning, but still horrible people.

>> No.9659780

>>9659725
Nobody said they needed to be part of a 'disease'. A doctor's job is to treat symptoms, treating the diseases (should there be one) is usually just the most effective and long-term route. If someone goes to a doctor saying they're having suicidal thoughts and want to put a stop to them, then it's the doctor's job to help them, disease or not

>> No.9659783

>>9659743
>still thinking universities only told you to read books

>> No.9659788

>>9659754
And I've seen enough shitposting to recognize buzzwords when I see them.

>> No.9659802

>>9659783
It depends on what kind of degree you're trying to get. You can learn everything most undergraduate mathematics majors know just by doing all the problems out of various textbooks. The same is true for physics if you ignore the laboratory component. I don't know really know how it is for psychology, but I'm pretty sure more than half the courses they take are going to be book-oriented.

>> No.9659812

>>9659746

For your information, I've been through amphetamine, benzo, and alcohol withdrawals. Please don't make assumptions like that.

By the way, when exactly did they find a biomarker or etiology proving that the criterion of symptoms used in the diagnostic process of "depression" is a indication a biological disease within the brain? Oh ya, NEVER.

>>9659780

>Nobody said they needed to be part of a 'disease'.

When you use psychiatric labels like "ADD", it automatically means you believe it is a neurological disease no different than down syndrome or Huntingtons.

People should stop using them if they actually believe that.

>A doctor's job is to treat symptoms

My problem, is when someone claims a bunch of personality traits, emotions, and behaviors, are "symptoms" of a "disease". Then proceeds to tell those people that mind altering addictive drugs are the cure, or that they need to undergo horrible treatments like insulin shock, ECT, or incarceration against their will.

>> No.9659844

>>9659725

>The "symptoms" of "depression" aren't symptoms, they are emotions, personality traits, and behaviors, with no indication that they are caused by a disease within the brain.

What if they just want to take those unhappy qualities and turn them into happy qualities?

Whether or not depression is real isn't really important. They have a problem and if they want to take a pill that will make them feel happy then they should be able to.

>> No.9659871

>Of the six volunteers, three experienced auditory and visual hallucinations
>oysters, tiny cars and zebras

out of all the things to hallucinate

>> No.9659870
File: 170 KB, 803x790, 1344925268231.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desoxyn

If we took all of the sad people in the world and gave them prescription methamphetamine then they wouldn't be sad anymore.

I have found the cure for depression with one google search.

>> No.9659878

>>9659844

I'm completely okay with someone taking a drug completely by their own choice.

But many of times those drugs are forced upon children, or given to people who naively have no clue about their potential harms, and end up getting completely fucked over from withdrawals or damaging effects of the drugs.

And not only is the drugs themselves harmful, but often times the "diagnosis" instills a self-fulfilling prophecy into the patient, which can forever leave a damaging scar on their mental health. If you tell a kid from a young age that he has a disease of the brain, that makes him act and be a certain way, and that he needs to take "medication" for it. He's eventually going to act that way and grow up pertaining to those "symptoms" YOU told him he IS experiencing.

>> No.9659879

>>9659812
>My problem, is when someone claims a bunch of personality traits, emotions, and behaviors, are "symptoms" of a "disease".
That's like saying you have a problem with claiming an abnormal body temperature, or above average fatigue, or unusual aches, or a high pulse/blood pressure are "symptoms" of a "disease".

>> No.9659894

>>9659871
The first one was obviously hallucinating a Nasu sex scene, so he's okay.

>> No.9659895

>>9659870
Shut the fuck up you little bitch.

>> No.9659901

>>9659879

No it's not actually at all. I don't even see how you came to that conclusion.

>> No.9659916

>>9659870
I've been trying to get stimulants prescribed to me, but because I am "schizoaffective" my shrink won't let me have access to them.
A word of advice, if you want that kind of medication legally, don't act "unusual".

>> No.9659915

>>9659895

What's your problem with him?

Meth, ehhmm, I mean psychiatric medications like Desoxyn, can really cheer people up. What do you have against that?

>> No.9659923

>>9659895

Can you think of any other drug in the world that would treat the symptoms of depression as well as that would?

It even says so on the article. They already prescribe meth to depressed people.

>> No.9659926

>>9659915
They have repercussions,though.

>> No.9659930
File: 252 KB, 800x800, 1345735781952.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9659871
Think for a second there, nobody is going to say out loud, on tv, that they just hallucinated vividly having sex with disney cartoons, or w/e it is that normal people hallucinate about, these guys are just going to play it safe and go with the fairly normal stuff.

>So what was it like there?
>Uhhh... halloozinated aboot nature and stuff.

>> No.9659931
File: 156 KB, 415x600, epic reaction face.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9659926

Just like all psychiatric drugs anon.

>> No.9659942

>>9659931
HoW about natural psychedelics hmmmmm

I thought so homo

>> No.9659944

>>9659926
Beats being prescribed an anti-psychotic and gaining 20 pounds in less than a year.

>> No.9659972

>>9659901
They're all purely subjective variables that are just as likely to be relevant as they are not to be. Same goes for height, weight, BMI, and so many other things that physicians 'test'.

A patient comes in saying they feel X, the physician asks some additional questions and maybe does a couple simple tests to find out which ailment from the big book he memorized in college fits the patient the best, and hands over a drug prescription. Every once in a while some blood testing or lab work may come into play, but 99.9% of clinical medical assistance is purely guesswork.

>> No.9659999
File: 260 KB, 808x648, 1336748275710.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9659926

Nobody lives forever.

My doctor has prescribed me speed for nearly six years now and I've taken it every day to treat my feelings of depression. I take care of my health and keep my heart strong to try to minimize whatever damage the speed may be doing to me, but I would be fine if I died tomorrow.

My life before drugs was terrible. I slept for long periods of time every single day, I was hopelessly lethargic, and barely got out of bed.

It's not a conventional treatment, but it sure works better than those god awful SSRIs that just give you withdrawals. I've felt more happiness and joy in these last six years than all of the other years in my life combined.

I would probably be sleeping away my life right now if it wasn't these pills. I don't plan to die any time soon, but if it killed me right now then I wouldn't have a single regret and it would still be completely worth it.

A long life filled with suffering and depression isn't much of a life at all. I would much rather have a short and happy life fueled by speed. Every day is filled with happiness for me, I love these pills.

>> No.9660010

>>9659942

shrooms and the like can fuck up your brain

>> No.9660046

>>9659999
How did you actually feel before getting speed? The lethargy and the sleeping describes me pretty well, but I don't feel depressed. Even my mother thinks I act like a depressed person. Is it possible to be depressed without realizing it?

>> No.9660100

The problem with doctors is that they've been corrupted by the pharmaceutical industry and convinced to torture their patients before they ever help them.

Go to any psychiatrist or other type of doctor and complain about some sort of mental issue like depression or anxiety. There are certain medications that always help treat depression, they just make you happier, and then there's those other medications. Zoloft or paxil, the ones that studies have shown are pretty much placebos and will inflict horrible pain upon the people who take them once they try to stop taking them.

Why are these horrible pills the first line treatment? Everyone knows they don't work, everyone knows how horrible they will make you feel, and yet doctors prescribe them as if they're harmless. You have to endure months or years of trying shit pills that they fully know are completely useless garbage as they prescribe them to you.

What the hell is wrong with doctors? Either someone is paying them off to feed useless and harmful pills to their patients or they just close their eyes, point at a list, and randomly give you whatever pill their finger landed on.

Eventually you will of course get the stimulants and they work. Big surprise there, Freud was treating his depressed patients with cocaine 100 years ago and even that dangerous and primitive treatment was still far more effective than all of the trash that pharmaceutical companies pump out as anti-depressants.

Would be a lot nicer if they skipped the year or two of guinea pig torture that most doctors inflict upon their patients and just gave them something that worked right from the start.

>> No.9660107

Is this fag really still whining about psychiatry in general?

If you've got a problem with kids getting on medicine they shouldn't be, that has nothing at all to do with this board.

If you're whining about adults going to doctors to get help, and then getting whatever help the doctor's can manage to think of based on the symptoms, what the actual fuck is your problem?

Do you think this is fucking Star Trek?

We don't have magical medical scanners. You tell them what's wrong with you, and if it's something they can do a physical test to support or dismiss a possible diagnosis, they will do so. We're extremely lucky to be able to physical confirm many diseases, but the chemical functions of the body and brain and their interactions with expressed and subconscious personality are still beyond us. These doctors aren't magicians, and if you've gone to them for help, they will try and match up your problems with the most likely diagnosis that fits.

What the hell do you want from them when you go in for help? "Sorry, your blood work shows no problems, go home and stop whining."

>> No.9660135

>>9660100
>Why are these horrible pills the first line treatment?

What country are you even talking about? That's pretty important.

I had to jump through hoops and over 9 months of appointments to get a test period of anti-anxiety medication to see if it would cool my symptoms off, when I was a walking billboard of anxiety symptoms.

>> No.9660167

>>9660046

>The lethargy and the sleeping describes me pretty well, but I don't feel depressed. Even my mother thinks I act like a depressed person. Is it possible to be depressed without realizing it?

I was pretty much in the same situation.

I didn't feel sad or depressed in that sense, but I had no motivation, I was very apathetic, I slept a lot, and I was extremely lethargic. There was no real reason for this though, I wasn't sad or upset about anything, I just couldn't gather up the motivation or energy to care about doing anything.

Maybe this is a form of depression, I don't really know, but either way this worked. That's what I like about speed, it's a pill that is fairly universal in how it works. Maybe you're depressed and maybe you're not, but it'll work either way. It just zaps some happiness and life into you and it will do that to anyone, regardless of their mental state. It's strange to say it, but honestly in most cases I don't think that a medication really work that well unless it has some possible recreational value to it. Nobody is buying zoloft from dealers for example, but they are buying speed, opiates, sedatives, and the other medications that actually work in a very clear and noticeable way. They help you and that's why people want them.

>> No.9660170

>>9660167

Other types of pills are very hit or miss. If you're very lucky and the anti-depressant actually does something after months of taking it every day then you will begin to feel like an emotionless sociopath or just very numb and emotionally distant. This is apparently what it feels like when anti-depressants actually work. It's terrible stuff and it will make you feel even worse when you try to stop since you will begin to have mood swings, constant tremors, and feel electric shocks roll through your body from time to time.

Avoid them at all costs if your doctor prescribes you one of these. I would just flush them down the toilet and tell him that you took it and they didn't work. It'll be better than going through months of withdrawals.

>> No.9660189

>>9660170
>you will begin to feel like an emotionless sociopath or just very numb and emotionally distant.

What if I already feel this way?

>> No.9660198
File: 694 KB, 777x562, 1336058411753.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9660100

Because most of the people who go to doctors for "depression" or "anxiety" don't actually have it to begin with. Haven't you ever actually read one of these shitty depression threads? 99% of the people who contribute to these retarded discussions are just underage and going through their first existentialism crisis.

>I have an OCD and depressive disorder. Am I crazy?

>> No.9660208

>>9660135

I live in the U.S. I think I just got unlucky with my doctor though, he was reluctant to prescribe speed for treating depression.

It doesn't make much sense. They give speed to children who are slightly hyper in a blink of an eye or any college student that wants an easier time studying, but when it comes to depression they want to load you up with SSRIs.

If I could do it all over again I would have gone in there and lied to him with some fake complaint about ADHD from the start. I've seen my doctor give out twice the dosage size I was initially on to 7 year old children and he didn't think anything of it since "ADHD"

>> No.9660213
File: 52 KB, 640x426, me.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9660189
I haven't felt anything since I developed depression.

>> No.9660224

>>9660100
I spent 6+ years asking for meds before I got them, they kept pushing with Psychologists and other mental health workers.

In what country are they the first line? I want to live over there.

>> No.9660239

>>9660189

I can't imagine they would help. As far as I can tell from my own experience and from everything I've read the sole of purpose of SSRIs is to basically numb your emotions so if you're extremely sad and crying all the time or suicidal then this kind of person might actually like SSRIs, but if you're already apathetic and numb then it's probably just going to get worse or do nothing at all.

I've found that speed helps with this though. It'll make you become very talkative and you'll want to share your thoughts and feelings with everyone. Just look at my posts, I'm throwing out walls of text every couple minutes. It just comes natural to me because of the pills. I love to talk now and I used to hate it. Barely ever spoke a word.

>> No.9660261
File: 63 KB, 612x846, 1341898834666.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I just got off Sertraline yesterday after weening off of it the past two weeks.
Now I'm taking Lexapro Escitalopram.

キタ━━━(゚∀゚)━━━!!

>> No.9660279

>>9660224

>In what country are they the first line? I want to live over there.

It might be a U.S thing. I've always heard that doctors here are pretty free with the pills, even if they like to throw out the worst ones most of the time.

What kind of doctor did you first go to? I didn't have much luck with psychiatrists. Lots of talking and analyzing me, but it took him weeks to prescribe anything and it was an SSRI.

I found that going to regular general practitioner doctors was the best thing. Go in, nurse checks your pulse and heart rate, doctor comes in a minute later and asks you a question or two, gives you a prescription and you're off. Come back in a month, repeat the process, get a new type of pill, do this until you eventually get one that works and then just occasionally go back to the doctor for refills.

No hassle and no hour long talk sessions with a psychiatrist. Just a five minute examination and a prescription.

>> No.9660286

>>9660239
What happens if you go off your pills? Do you return to normal/get withdrawal? That sounds tempting even if only for situational usage, but I don't like the idea of being dependent on mind-altering medication.

>> No.9660292

>>9660286
Not him, but you only get withdrawals if you make a sudden stop.

As >>9660261 said, you're best of weening off of them. (Taking them once every two days, three days, four days, and eventually stopping, like that.) But that's depending on the strength of whatever you're taking.

>> No.9660392

>>9660286

For speed? It depends on how long you've been taking it and how much you've been taking.

I've been taking it nearly every day for 6 years so if I cold turkey'd then about a month or a little bit longer until I went back to feeling how I felt before the pills.

If you only take it occasionally and not every single day then you probably wouldn't get any withdrawals.

The withdrawals really aren't bad at all. Depends on your lifestyle though and if you have the free time to lay around for a bit. You essentially go into snail mode. At first you feel very, very tired and you sleep for long periods of time and then you're just groggy and your mind is kind of slow, sort of feel sedated and out of it, but I honestly kind of enjoy it at first since it's a funny feeling. It doesn't have the physical pain or other horrible feelings that I normally associate with withdrawals, you just feel constantly dopey and slow. If you don't work or have any obligations then you can just take it easy for a little and you'll be back to normal no time.

If you binge and abuse the pills though then that's a different story. I've heard of people who took very large doses, double or triple the maximum dose that a doctor would give, and forced themselves to stay awake for several days and they did this frequently over the course of a year or two. They never really went completely back to normal after that, but I can never imagine getting to that point. My heart can start beating a bit too fast for me to be comfortable and I get that tweaker feeling at just 20mg and they were taking 150mg or more.

>> No.9660416

>amphetamines are the miracle cure, speed for everyone. It's harmless dood.

*20 years later*

>Shit nigga, my nigral cells all died at a much faster pace than normal people's, despite the fact that I was taking it "responsibly". I basically have parkinsons now, fuck man, atleast I got my autismbux."

>> No.9660452

>>9660416
The quality of posts is extremely important to this community. Contributors are encouraged to provide high-quality images and informative comments.

>> No.9660454

>>9660416

I've never read anything that showed that taking small doses of amphetamine caused any neurotoxic damage. Everything I've read about this only mentioned people who take very large amphetamine doses or methamphetamine.

That's not to say that speed isn't dangerous though, but I'm far more concerned about my heart than my brain. There's plenty of supplements and vitamins to take which help maintain your health, cardio exercise strengthens your heart, and things like that.

It's not harmless at all though, but opiates are worse, benzos are far worse, SSRIs are worse, anti-psychotics are worse, at least the ones that make you gain massive amounts of weight anyway. Taking speed in low stable doses is relatively safe in comparison to most other drugs, anyone who plans to take it long-term just has to pay extra attention to their health and fitness.

>> No.9660494
File: 77 KB, 658x632, 1346186288261.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Why isn't there any easy fix for anxiety?

Depressed people just have to take stimulants, but what can anxious people take? The only things that works are opium and benzodiazepines, but no one prescribes opium for anxiety and no ethical doctor would prescribe benzodiazepines for longer than two weeks.

>> No.9660505

>>9660494
Smoke weed every day.

>> No.9660518

>>9660494
Get together with a close romantically-involved companion

>> No.9660527
File: 30 KB, 500x393, Alcohol.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9660494

How could you forget humanity's oldest friend?

>> No.9660549

>>9660494

Psychedelics helped me confront and get past my anxieties.

It's like years of therapy condensed into a handful of mushrooms.

>> No.9660605

>>9660549

Psychedelic drugs caused a pretty large deal of anxiety for me, and fucked me up mentally for quite a while after using them.

It's like psychosis due to brain damage, condensed into a tiny little tab or a couple grams of mushrooms.

>> No.9660628

>>9660494

http://www.hoffman.org

>> No.9662891

>>9660198
This. I have an old friend who was telling me about this shit and how "oh I am so depressed wah wah wah"
He isn't fucking depressed, he is just bored from doing the same god damn shit every day of his life.
There is a difference between severe boredom and depression, and it has been proven medically many times before.

Oh hey I have a job, oh but now I am so depressed things are going my way, I hate change fuck change waah. God fucking damn it shit grow the fuck up and beat your depression in to a little corner of your brain like everyone else has. Life fucking sucks, deal with it already.

Its funny how the lazy people are the ones who get easily depressed.

>> No.9663808

What does 'crazy' means?

>> No.9663853

>>9663808
A miserable pile of guessing and presumptions.

>> No.9663873
File: 29 KB, 213x255, Assholes.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9662891

>proven medically many times before.

That must be why they still "diagnose" those people you're talking with "depression".

(He actually thinks there is medical science involved with "depression" diagnosis's dohohohohoho)

>> No.9663889

>>9662891
>>9663873
Who invited these subhumans?

>> No.9663898

>>9662891
It's funny how your mom can suck so many cocks without choking too.

>> No.9663905

>>9663808
depends on whether you add a "wwwww" to the end of it.

>> No.9664734

>>9663873
You can affect depression with drugs in a number of ways, therefore it can be depression can be affected medic(in)ally.

You cannot refute this.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action