[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 290 KB, 1280x720, 0081614001333556253.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9595334 No.9595334 [Reply] [Original]

I kinda want to import this one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66WTWmT3aQ8
It looks a little gimmicky and mediocre but I really want to play it and see it in motion.

Also im@s 2 for PS3 did get a cheaper "best of" release a month or so ago.

What games have you guys imported?

>> No.9595341

>>9595334
>>>/v/

>> No.9595350

>>9595341
Stop posting and go back to >>>/a/, retard.

>> No.9595356
File: 193 KB, 447x483, Takanya6.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I finally got around to buying im@s with the best of release.

Looking forward to the upcoming Falcom Vita games and TokiTowa.

>> No.9595386

>>9595350
Ladies first.

>> No.9595397

>>9595386
Except /jp/ is perfectly fine for untranslated video games.

>> No.9595421

>>9595397
You don't have to play back and forth with him. It accomplishes nothing.

>> No.9595443
File: 779 KB, 2560x1920, trueend.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Galgun has been my biggest success so far.
Lots of fun and lots of replayability.

Hope everyone who imported it got one of the free maid costume DLC codes that were put out a few months ago.

>> No.9595566

I got Max Anarchy a while ago. It's not nearly as good as Vanquish or Bayonetta, but it's still way better than MadWorld. So it's decent, but it doesn't really grab me.

>> No.9595633

im@s 2 is so good. Haven't bothered to get any DLC though.
Sold 360 and cave games recently so I think all I have that are imported are im@s 2, max anarchy and EXVS. Also tokitowa is getting localized + looks bad.

>> No.9595707

>>9595633
I wanted the vampire set DLC but it's so expensive, I ended up just getting one piece of the clothing.

>> No.9595775

>>9595707
They have some (meager) sales coming up for the Shiny Festa release, so I'm waiting on that. I at least want to get Vampire Girl.

>> No.9597604

Umm let's see the -

The last game I imported was Yakuman DS, it's a mahjong game for the NDS and I found out that the reason I never seem to improve at mahjong is because while I'm fairly fast, skillful and lucky I am absolute ass at attack and defense, you know building hands rapidly or preventing your opponent from doing the same. Kind of a big deal.

I'm waiting on Aquapazza to ship, I've had it pre-ordered since it's original June release date.

I also ordered Wangan Midnight and Initial D since I have apparently forgotten to buy them for the last... 4 or so years. on the same order I also picked up .hack//versus hybrid pack and Megazone 23. I'm rather angry since play-asia accidentally triple charged my account. Thankfully it happened after I paid my rent, so I just can't buy food this week. With luck it'll all get resolved by Monday since both my bank and play-asia know about the error.

Next up I'm debating about getting "Mamoru-kun wa Norowarete Shimatta! Meikai Katsugeki Wide-Han". I really want to play a shooter and my PC isn't really comfortable playing games + I need to buy a new 360 as my old one isn't compatible with my new tv and can't read discs anymore.

I am so hyped about the new Super Robot Wars, I almost pre-ordered the $500 BD box set. But then I didn't because I remembered I'm A) broke and B) not going to buy a set that includes Blu-ray disc I'll never be able to watch. Although I'm so hyped about it I might buy Moe Moe Daisensou just to calm me down a bit.

I also really want GalGun, the problem is including GalGun this moves the total number of PS Move game I want up to.... 3 and I can't justify spending that much money on something like that. I need to get another job.

>> No.9597641

>>9595334
>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66WTWmT3aQ8

look at those dislikes. And that dragon throws off everything in that picture

>> No.9599278
File: 295 KB, 800x450, ps3_ss31.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9597604
>Moe Moe Daisensou
I have it, only completed one of the 3 campaigns so far.
It's pretty cool, a lot of customization options when your units level up.
And a SRPG that is not grid based was nice for a change.

>> No.9599348

Fire Pro Wrestling was the best import series. RIP

>> No.9599352

>>9597604
Nice try but Mahjong Fight club DS (wifi edition) is the best mahjong DS game
Like by far

>> No.9599458

Project Diva -f-, not that I have a Vita to play it with.

>> No.9599459

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66WTWmT3aQ8&feature=player_detailpage#t=100s

That running animation looks really clunky.

>> No.9602144

>>9599352
bah that may be true but how many chances do you get to play mahjong against Mario, Princess Peach and Daisy? Not many.

Although, out of curiosity are the tiles bigger? I usually play mahjong games on my PSP and I never noticed the screen size difference till now, I'm losing track of tiles left and right because it feels like they squished too much info in the top screen.

>>9599458
Don't feel bad, I've owned PC games when my computer couldn't run them, bought new 360 games when I couldn't afford to repair it after it red-ringed and a whole bunch of other things. It happens sometimes, don't worry about it.

>> No.9602465

>>9599278
I'm a little hesitant about it, because it has the same set-up as Dai-Senryaku Tank Tactics, a game I am unbelievably terrible at.

But, I really need a game that'll help me get me back in the swing of playing un-translated SRPGs, also it's not done by Compile Heart which means I won't be needless ticked off by terrible game mechanics, plotting and general design decisions.

On a semi-related note, any of you guys hear what NISA is censoring in Mugen Souls? You all seem to be the type to pay more attention on somewhat obscure JRPGs than most places on 4chan.

>> No.9602602

>>9595443
I've been trying to get that game for less than $80 with no luck. I refuse to think that such a game should cost as high as a plain old eroge.

>> No.9602622

>>9597641
I would've thought they'd be a lot more receptive about this. It's true. Japanese gamer's tastes are becoming more and more normal by the day.

>> No.9602643

>>9597604
Wangan Midnight? I played the Maximum Tune 3 arcade game when I was on holiday, that shit was great fun.

Wish I had more time, I would've blasted through story mode.

>> No.9602651

>>9599459
It appears to have been sped up.

>> No.9603444

>>9595633
is im@s 2 so good even if you don't know much japanese?

>> No.9603485

>>9603444
How little are we talking? If you're fine with spoken dialogue at least then I think you'll be fine.

>> No.9604168

>>9602465
It's not particularly hard.
Because the level system is so open it's pretty easy to exploit it and make really powerful units.

Also the game quotes Henrik Ibsen which caught me totally off guard and is the first time I've seen anything from my country show up in something like this.

>> No.9605337

>>9604168
Oh I'm not afraid of it or anything, I just remember playing Tank Tactics and getting completely stalled at any difficult mission. I think I'm a bit better player then I used to be though. Maybe I'll pirate one of the PSP versions to give myself a taste for it.

Although how open-ended is leveling? Is it really open-ended or is it SRW open-ended where as long as you level up exactly as the designers intended you're free to level up however you want, unless you wanted a gimped robot who dies in 2 shots in the last third of the levels.

I'm sorry for the questions but it's rare to find anyone who know anything about import games, especially when it's a game I want. Although I'm a bit sad because it'll still be a while before I can get it.

I hate to admit it though, outside of a brief Wikipedia search, the only thing I know about Henrik Ibsen is that a pretentious idiot in one of my history/philosophy classes tried to use him as the father of post-modernist thoughts on family. My teacher then shouted "Wrong!" and we all laughed for a good minute.

>>9602643
I know it's a really awesome game, I played it once at a convention and I could have sworn I picked it up at the same convention, but what can you do? I have to admit, it kind of burns me to get a "THE BEST" edition of a game, guess I should have just bought it earlier then.

>> No.9605364

KanaHana: "I want to love you even more."

Nope.

>> No.9605876

>>9605337
From my experience it seemed like you were free to level anyway you'd like as long as you're not intentionally trying to gimp yourself (for example by giving a low HP unit the counter attack ability).
And in any case you can reset a unit's skill points once per campaign, so if you discover that you really fucked up the skill point distribution late in the game you can redo it once.

Personally I focused mostly on leveling range and mobility but there were loads of special abilities that I haven't tried yet so there are probably many more viable strategies.
Unless the difficulty REALLY ramps up in the two final campaigns then it seemed pretty forgiving.

The PS3 version is identical to the PSP/DS version (except you don't get the nice looking HD CG).

>> No.9606197

>>9602465
>NISA censoring Mugen Souls
It sucks but NISA has been censoring a bunch of games lately so its kinda expected. NISA is really going down hills, its a good thing i don't need them anymore.

>> No.9607581

>>9605364
You caught the gay.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action