[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 734 KB, 1000x1000, remilia-crying.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9570827 No.9570827[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

/jp/, my keyboard is killing me. It won't let me bomb properly. It just doesn't allow that many simultaneous keyboard presses. Focus, shoot, one or two directions, bomb - that's four or five. I tested it and not even half of the four/five button combinations work. Hell, some three button combinations don't.

I always thought I was too slow to press the button in time. I realized just now that it's actually my keyboard's fault half of the time. My activated-bombs-to-lost-lives ratio is below 1. It's frustrating.

How do you deal with it? Do your keyboards allow five keyboard presses at once? Did you relocate the input keys to specific ones that are not in conflict with each other? Do you use gamepads?

Will I have to buy a new keyboard/gamepad or train myself to let go of any other key before I activate a bomb? Because I don't want to do either.

>> No.9570836

I'm not sure why you didn't just post this in the STG thread.
>>9556825

>> No.9570837

Learn how to play with that keyboard so that when you switch to a properly functioning one, your skill level will skyrocket. You can even pull something similar to that "But I am not left-handed!" line.

>> No.9570840

>>9570827
Yeah, that's a problem with most cheap keyboards. If you're in the market, you want to look for NKRO keyboards, if you don't want to spend any money you might have some luck setting the bomb key to ctrl, modifiers tend to be less effected by the shitty key limit. A gamepad is your other option, but if you're already used to a keyboard it probably isn't worth switching.

>> No.9570849

>>9570836
You're right. I should have done that. I guess I was so upset I didn't think properly. I'm sorry.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action