[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 169 KB, 400x400, 1341381832013.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9532457 No.9532457[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

So anyone here wants to become a janitor this time ?

>> No.9532459

no way jose

>> No.9532462

>>9532457

Sadly, I know what is and is not permitted on /jp/, thus making me grossly overqualified for the janitor position.

>> No.9532464

Could be fun.

>> No.9532466

If I wanted to put in work without appreciation or pay, I'd keep writing 2hu fanfics.

>> No.9532472

I'm not good at writing Fortune 100 tier resumes.

>> No.9532478

i don't think /jp/ needs another janitor. the current ones do a fine enough job as it is. I don't see the point in applying.

>> No.9532477

Now that I think about it, I would have a hard time deleting most threads. Is yukkuri abuse allowed? I personally don't enjoy it, but that doesn't mean anything. But it features Touhou characters, which are /jp/ related. And the people in the thread seem to be having fun. But is it also guro? Guro doesn't belong here. I don't think I'd get anything done.

>> No.9532483
File: 39 KB, 634x720, 1344330695109.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.9532484

>>9532478
He deletes blatant shitposting, leaving any other off-topic nonsense as long as the thread is redacted properly.

Then he'll have to go to school and the board will be once again filled with anime screencaps.

>> No.9532488

>>9532484
"He deletes to many threads"
"He doesn't delete enough threads"

You people seriously make no sense. Also care to cite an example?

>> No.9532497

>>9532488
It's about consistency and setting examples.

>Also care to cite an example?
Of what? Well written offtopic threads?

Daily doses, fishng thread, camera thread, video games thread, JRPG threads, etc...
Headphones and random music threads often show up too.

>> No.9532502

Vote Moetron for janitor!

>> No.9532511
File: 51 KB, 273x397, 1343759429650.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

The only enjoyment that I would get as a janitor is to follow NSJ around deleting his shitposts.

He targets individuals and deletes their on-topic comments. Besides, 4chan is a shithole, and no matter how prestigious it may sound to be given admin rights on a large imageboard, he still essentially has to delete shitposting /a/ and /v/ users threads.

I normally just ignore shit threads or troll the OP of them. I started to report NSJ's cosplay threads, though.

>> No.9532513
File: 11 KB, 238x211, 1343680477939.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I can only be janitor for a single board at first, which won't be /jp/. But if I do good, they'll let me branch out into other boards. I'll come back for you /jp/, I promise, just stay alive until then!

>> No.9532515

>>9532497
I am not advocating off topic posting but you really sound like a uptight asshole. Also I see none of those anywhere on the board
(except the FFT thread which is completely harmless). I am sure to you 'setting an example' would be to wipe threads out without thinking of the consequences.

I think there is a perfect balance with our current janitors right now and it is my hope that the staff will not consider any applications for /jp/ but keep possible candidates on file for the future. If you think having more janitors on hand will somehow magically create better content then you are horribly wrong.

>> No.9532517

>>9532511
I can't even tell if you're actually serious and believe what you posted.

>> No.9532518

I sent in an application the last two times.

I guess maybe I should have written something other than "I'll delete the boardraid shit and spambots, so set me up you faggot"

>> No.9532519

The janitor system is dumb, it's a very rare chance you'll find a competent person to carry out the task. A lot of boards just get some dick who deletes on topic stuff and leaves ambiguous meta-shit up, all this does is create angry shitposters.

>> No.9532522

>>9532488
Not him, but the problem is how inconsistent they are. No doubt you will have noticed a lot of depression and suicide threads sticking around. Now, I think the odd NEET/hikikomori thread is fine, but there was a sticky telling people specifically *not* to make threads blogging about themselves. Meanwhile, plenty of /jp/-related threads get caught in the crossfire. Check /ghost/.

Largely, I think it's because the janitors aren't too familiar with the board material. Here's an example:
https://fuuka.warosu.org/jp/thread/S9523262
Janitor doesn't know his shmups.

Even Touhou, I once posted a thread asking about Genji:
https://fuuka.warosu.org/jp/thread/9200650
Janitor deleted it, so I explained (then deleted my own thread because it wasn't that important or interesting):
https://fuuka.warosu.org/jp/thread/9200654
In his defence, the janitor actually reposted my thread "apologising" for his mistake:
https://fuuka.warosu.org/jp/thread/9200666
>sorry.jpg

I think by and large, the janitors are doing a great job. It's just that they delete in bursts, and a lot of good threads happen to be in the middle of it. It's as though they've just woken up or got back from school, so they're trying to make up for lost time.

>> No.9532524

>>9532515
>>9529103
>>9529697

It's simply pollution. Same for the JRPG thread. And it's always the same self-entitled reasoning: "board X is not good enough for me so I'll post it on /jp/"

>> No.9532537

>>9532519
I think the biggest problem with janitors is that people who shitpost do it for attention, so even if their thread gets deleted, they consider that getting attention, and they'll just keep shitposting, because they know the actual mods won't ever do shit and they won't get banned.

>> No.9532540

I think /jp/ has enough of them already

>> No.9532543

>>9532537
>the actual mods won't ever do shit and they won't get banned.
People don't shitpost with static ips.

>> No.9532546

>>9532524
I'm going to be controversial here and say
>board X is not good enough for me so I'll post it on /jp/
is, in a roundabout way, a valid defense.

/jp/ is for Japanese popular culture that doesn't go in /a/. That means if someone wants to post about a Japanese band here instead of /mu/, let them. Same with figures and plushies here instead of /toy/. Same with mahjong here instead of /tg/. If people want to make the odd thread about something that has a board of its own but it meets those first criteria, why not let them? I agree that it becomes a problem when it swamps the board, which is why /jp/ had these ideas in place originally. If we allowed a whole bunch of anime threads, /jp/ would just be /a/. But the occasional thread about Japanese musician and songwriter Taiji Sawada dying is not a huge problem. We need more topics, not less.

>> No.9532547

>>9532537
/jp/ has mods ?

>> No.9532548

>>9532522

If by "caught in the crossfire" you mean a thread getting deleted due to a lot of shitposting, off topic discussion or NSFW content then that is standard policy.

http://fuuka.warosu.org/jp/thread/S9390786#p9391292

Janitors aren't perfect, we are all humans and as humans we sometimes make mistakes. Rather than bitching about your thread getting deleted you could have made it again while explaining what you were referencing.

>>9532524
I am not too bothered by this. I would rather see NSFW content, saten spam and other shit get top priority over stuff like this.

>> No.9532554

>>9532537
Alright dude keep thinking that. Why don't you spend all day testing this little theory of yours and see what happens. Janitors can request bans directly.

Also I would delete that little post of yours because that is borderline moderation complaining.

>> No.9532555

>>9532548
>Janitors aren't perfect, we are all humans
9532548-chan-sama-dono confirmed for janitor

>> No.9532556

>>9532548
>Saten spam

I'd just like to intrject for a moment. What you're referring to as Saten spam, is in fact, light novel threads, or as I've recently taken to calling them, /jp/ related threads. Saten is not spam unto itself, but rather another character of fully /jp/ related material made /jp/ related by the fact that she is in a light novel, visual novel and doujin games comprising a full set of requirements to be /jp/ related as defined by the /jp/ rules.

Many /jp/ users post light novel characters every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of Saten threads which are widely posted today are often called spam, and many of /jp/'s users are not aware that she is completely /jp/ related, developed by the light novels which are allowed by the rules.

There really is an anime, and these people are posting screencaps from it, but it is just a part of the Saten they post. The anime is the kernel: the derivative work that introduces newcomers and allocates them to the light novels. The anime is an essential part of Raildex, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of the light novels. The anime is normally used in combination with the Raildex light novels: the whole system is basically the light novels with the anime added, making it /jp/ related. All the so-called Saten spam threads are really threads of a /jp/ related character.

>> No.9532560

>>9532546
Japanese bands, sure. But how random music threads are /jp/ related is beyond my comprehension. Same for camera and fishing threads, those certainly look like some sort of trollbaits.
As for JRPGs, the mod already commented on this, saying that games without VN elements should go on /v/vg/.

>> No.9532565

>>9532548
>If by "caught in the crossfire" you mean a thread getting deleted due to a lot of shitposting, off topic discussion or NSFW content then that is standard policy.

I mean threads being deleted during a high volume of other shit threads or spam, usually when there's a high level of janitor activity.

>Janitors aren't perfect, we are all humans and as humans we sometimes make mistakes.

Agreed, and I think people are too harsh about this.

>Rather than bitching about your thread getting deleted you could have made it again while explaining what you were referencing.

I did! Read the Genji threads I posted. The janitor acknowledged his mistake. But I think that a /jp/ janitor should know his Touhous.

On a coincidental note, that thread you linked was also mine. I get what you mean by
>a thread getting deleted due to a lot of shitposting, off topic discussion or NSFW content then that is standard policy.
but think about that. Look at what happened to my Spice & Wolf thread. This means that if you want a thread deleted, you just have to shitpost in it. The janitor won't delete *your* posts, he will delete the thread. I get that sometimes threads are unsalvageable, but it sets a dangerous precedent and it's largely due to laziness on the janitors' parts.

>> No.9532566

I think the largest problem really is that the janitors delete in quick bursts and then let the shit fester in any way it pleases.

For the start it would not matter all that much what exactly their rules would be for deleting things (those could be fine-tuned later). To make a beginning /jp/ needs some consistency in regards of the moderation.

>> No.9532572

Of course this would turn into a full-blown metathread. My expectations never come up short.

>> No.9532576

>>9532572
Janitor applications are opening back up and people want a change, can you blame them? It was the same way last time.

>> No.9532577

Hello, please nobody apply for janitorial positions. The shitposting needs to stay for this board to maintain its luster.

>> No.9532579

>>9532576
Unrelated, but are you any of the following Satens:
* Saten spammer
* Saten-anon
* Anonymous !zeSatenX0.
* Saten meta whiner
?

I know some of those are probably the same people, but I lose track because we've had so goddamn many Satens.

>> No.9532584

>>9532579
Not him, but I am ''?``

>> No.9532591

>>9532566
Pretty sure it's consistant enough. I don't know what you mean by quick bursts but both of them usually operate 24/7. There might be a gap during the day where a few shitposts get through but they rarely cause much harm. The bulk of the shitposting spam happens at night.

A single anime screencap is not as bad as someone spamming their nasty ass cock.

>> No.9532593

>>9532591
>nasty ass cock.
Just so you know, that sounds like a compliment.

>> No.9532597

>>9532591
>A single anime screencap is not as bad as someone spamming their nasty ass cock.
I agree. I would actually leave the screencap if it served some actual purpose besides failing at looking pretty.

I guess we have different perceptions of the moderation. I shall be quiet and observant for a few more weeks before speaking up again.

>> No.9532603

>>9532579
Only "Saten meta whiner."

Saten anon and Anon!Saten are the same person, I think. Looking back in the archives, there was also a Saten!RuikoS6Dzs, but that is not me.

>> No.9532613

>>9532603
>Saten anon and Anon!Saten are the same person, I think.
Yeah, that's what I'd gathered. They type the same and have the same gimmicks.

>Looking back in the archives, there was also a Saten!RuikoS6Dzs, but that is not me.
God damn, that's who I thought you were.

You should come up with an original intername, like xXxSatenSnip0rxXx.

>> No.9532618

So I really don't see what you are complaining about. Our current janitors are about seven months old now and they have done a fantastic job and actually saved it.

You really have to appreciate an individual volunteering his or her efforts towards all of this.

>> No.9532620 [DELETED] 

>>9532618
This. We are doing a fantastic job and they deserve our respect.

>> No.9532622

>>9532618
This. They are doing a fantastic job and they deserve our respect.

>> No.9532623

>>9532622
Nice trashbin, faggot.

>> No.9532624

>>9532620
A Freudian slip?

>> No.9532628

>>9532556
>The anime is the kernel
what.

>> No.9532629

>>9532618
>they have done a fantastic job and actually saved it
What they fuck are you talking about?
The new shitty janitor actively protect his cosplay sluts while deleting actual /jp/ contents for your information.

Sorry shitty janitor, you are not gonna get any 3d pussy by whiteknighting your shitty con sluts.

>> No.9532630

moot is still a /b/tard at heart and thinks memes and off the cuff metadiscussion is better than strictly on topic material. In fact when mods were starting to bring the hammer down on people in /v/ and /sp/ he waltzed into the boards and publicly shamed the mods and pandered to the shitposters on those boards in the most shameless fashion possible.

>> No.9532637

>>9532628
>The core, center, or essence of an object or system.

>> No.9532638

>>9532628
He had to keep at least some of the original copypasta.

>> No.9532645

>>9532613
I'll leave TripcodeExplorer on for a week straight and hope for a good one.

>> No.9532649

>>9532645
Why won't you just join us in anonymity?

>> No.9532653

I only regret shitposting a bit in the recent past. I am looking forward still with great hope for the future of this board and I can still see some amazing things happening with it.

>> No.9532654

>>9532630
I was thinking about this yesterday. Obviously I disagree, but I respect how he can take it easy like that. In all his threads, he parrots the latest memes and in-jokes regardless of how forced or dumb they are. I suppose part of it is "giving people what they want", like a comedian who says his token catchphrase at parties, but I'm surprised a regular 4chan user hasn't succumbed to the same autistic/meta/cynical mindset that the rest of us have. He's like a slightly more hipster version of ZUN!bar.

>> No.9532658

>>9532649
Being pseudonymous on an anonymous board is great. Unlike sites such as Reddit or Slashdot where you have to work in order to be famous or get attention, on 4chan you're in the minority by default, so everyone will pay attention to you.

>> No.9532659

I would delete all bullies

>> No.9532668

>>9532637
but the anime is not the core, centre (lol usa) or essence, since it is based on the LN. the LN should be the kernel to which the anime is allocated content to be animated. the kernel is the "program" which allocates system resources to other programs.

>> No.9532664

>>9532659
come at me nerd

>> No.9532671
File: 15 KB, 250x250, 1340299782294.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9532649
Gee, why won't he.

>> No.9532680

>>9532658
Except for the people who automatically filter you for employing a tripfag.

I personally usually only notice somebody's name when the name comes up in the discussion.

>> No.9532676

>>9532654
>He's like a slightly more hipster version of ZUN!bar.
The Q&A was a random thread about random stuff on a random board. That's why moot acted so "random".

!bar on the other hand, plays the /b/tard on a topic board.

>> No.9532681

>>9532668
But it's the most important part. It's the essence in the same way the Production I.G. film is the core of the Ghost in the Shell franchise. Nobody cares about the original manga.

>> No.9532682

>>9532659
You dont even need physical strength to fight on the NET.
Learn to use your brain stupid fuck.
Cant take the heat, move back to gaia.

>> No.9532684

>>9532654

zunbar is genuine though, he pretty much only comments on things he likes. moot did that whole Infinite Stratos thing with /a/ then 5 months later made a post that basically said "I would watch anime if it wasn't just pandering moeshit now".

>> No.9532687

>>9532684
>he pretty much only comments on things he likes.
Isn't that everyone does? I always ignore threads about a subject I have no interest in.

>> No.9532693

>>9532676

Read the post that was being quoted, mods were being more active on /v/ and /sp/ but moot went to those boards and said the mods were idiots for moderating the boards properly and left /b/ style stickies there.

>> No.9532691

>>9532676
He does it on pretty much every board, though. Then again, he's only posted on the terrible boards lately.

>>9532684
I'm not naive enough to think moot is still a big anime fan, but nor do I think he's putting it on. He might be hamming it up a little to get MAD INTERNET PROPS, but overall I think he's just a chill guy. ZUN!bar is just outright crazy.

>> No.9532698

>>9532684
Did he? I only recall him saying on multiple occasions that he doesn't have time to watch anime, gracefully avoiding any sort of moeshit comments.

>> No.9532699

>>9532629
You already forgot the hellhole that was /jp/ in 2011. He wasn't protecting the con threads he was deleting blatant shitposting and efforts to derail it. If I were to post nonsense and NSFW content in this thread it would be deleted. It's the same principal. The janitors did save this board dude.

>> No.9532700

>>9532687
But there's a difference between going on /m/ to discuss Gundam, and going on /ck/ to discuss cars.

>> No.9532704

>>9532691
>He does it on pretty much every board, though.
Only when he posts with a capcode. I'm sure when he posts anonymously, he doesn't act like a retard everywhere he goes.

>> No.9532705

Why the hell do people care so much about what Zunbar does? Does it actually affect you, your threads and your daily life?

>> No.9532708

>>9532705
/jp/ is my life, so yes.

>> No.9532709

>>9532693
What happened on /sp/ was mod's fault. They were overzealous, you can ask any /sp/er if you want.

I don't know about /v/ though.

>> No.9532711

>>9532705
I don't know what all the fuss is about. I barely see him posting recently and he's only been back a few months or so.

>> No.9532714

>>9532691

moot still laments /v/ for being /b/2.0 and /jp/ for being /jp/, yet he still hires mods/janitors who delete on topic stuff, that's the point here, every couple years he talks about bringing in better moderation then he turns around and puts on the /b/tard act.

>> No.9532715

>>9532705

I affects threads he derails into brainless imagedumps.

>> No.9532719

>>9532699
2011?
hellhole?
You mean after aoc threw a hissy fit and quit and we have no janitor for a while?
I rather have those time back and deal with all these shitty NSJ and buttranger girl fight and a congoing janitor.

>> No.9532720

>>9532715

Most threads on /jp/ are imagedumps way before zunbar posts in them.

>> No.9532722

>>9532714
>moot still laments /v/ for being /b/2.0
He doesn't. He though it was pretty cool, for /v/ to be /b/ with videogames.

>> No.9532727

>>9532715
what, you actually can have proper discussions on a single touhou character?

>> No.9532730

>>9532649
Having a tripcode helps your odds of becoming a janitor.

Furthermore, some jerk(s) on the ghost board get the Saten posters mixed up. People picked on Saten anon thinking that he was me, which made me feel bad. And of course I don't appreciate being accused of sucking dicks and other lewd things.

But I am done arguing on the ghost board, and I doubt I will be the new janitor, so I guess there is no point in a tripcode anymore.

>> No.9532731

>>9532727
/jp/ isn't 100% Touhou.

>> No.9532735

>>9532730
So long as you have actual reasons for it, go ahead. You wouldn't be the worst trip to walk these realms.

>> No.9532736

>>9532731
All imagedumps are mostly touhou, though. Maybe you should avoid touhou threads.

>> No.9532737

What happened to taking it easy? If you advocate the deletion of meta threads /jp/ would only contain thr same threads over and over again that would be similar to the general threads. You'd be killing off the population of this board. Complaining about shitposting? You just don't understand it. There's nothing wrong with the current status of the board, demographics come and go. The self-entitled pricks in this thread don't understand the userbase.

>> No.9532739

>>9532736
What the hell are you even talking about?

>> No.9532741

>>9532739
That most imagedump threads are about touhou, sans a few eventualities.

>> No.9532744

>>9532741
Yes, and?

>> No.9532746

>>9532719
Are you actually still blaming him for your own actions?

>> No.9532751

>>9532744
Just avoid touhou threads if you don't like imagedumps? Most of them are destined to become imagedumps, with or without !bar.

>> No.9532755

>>9532744
>>threads he derails into brainless imagedumps.
>what, you actually can have proper discussions on a single touhou character?

>>/jp/ isn't 100% Touhou.
>All imagedumps are mostly touhou, though. Maybe you should avoid touhou threads.

This conversation seems pretty straight forward up to this point. Don’t be deliberately obtuse, please.

>> No.9532759 [DELETED] 

>>9532736
Please don't combine "all" and "mostly" like that, unless you mean that every single thread is about Touhou, but contains a few off-topic non-touhou images.
>>9532741
And now we're getting philosophical. How many % is "most"?
That is important because you're saying it's not "most", but it would be most, if you counted together the Touhou threads and a few "eventualities".
Since that is rather confusing, I'd like to ask how many you mean.

>> No.9532761

>>9532751
Everytime someone mentions zunbar, there's always this guy with absolutely zero reading comprehension popping out of nowhere.

Reread the posts you quoted and try to understand them before trying to reply.

>> No.9532763

I am not bothered at all by Touhou dumps. Why should we be?

>> No.9532764

>>9532746
No.
I rather have no moderation.
I dont like bias moderation. Either you dont delete anything or delete everything that break the law. Halfassing and cherry picking which shitty threads to white knight is a huge abuse of power.
Why do you think we have so many new meta shitty threads now and all the shitposters going batshit insane over him?
Just to let you know, I dont start meta threads or make threads complaining about them. I want them gone as well.

>> No.9532765

>>9532761
Aye.

>> No.9532772

>>9532755
>threads he derails into brainless imagedumps.
>what, you actually can have proper discussions on a single touhou character?
This is nothing straightforward. Touhou has nothing to do with derailing threads into imagedumps.

>> No.9532775

>>9532751
Are you implying ZUN!bar still posts in Touhou threads? If anything, he seems to systematically avoid them (for which I'm grateful).

>> No.9532777

>>9532759
how about you just wait in there a few months until i write a scrapper for the archive so i can count every thread. just sit still for a bit.

>> No.9532785

>>9532775
He doesn't imply anything. He just decided to randomly drop "Touhou" in the conversation.

>> No.9532788

>>9532772
YUUKA HIJACK LOL

>> No.9532791

I guess that if you want an anything-goes board, that there is a board for that, called >>>/b/. There is even a second board for that, called >>>/r9k/.
Both of these boards are 「anything goes」 boards, with the exception that material on /r9k/ is meant to not get reposted.

However, /jp/ is a topical board. It has an (ill-defined) topic, “otaku culture”. Those 2hu cosplay threads are really more related to the board than NEET threads or cocksucking threads. You could say those cosplay threads should get the hell out of /jp/ and that they belong on >>>/cgl/, (which would not be wrong), but then you should post your 2hu and CAVE and visual novels on /v/ or /vg/, H Tōhō dōjins would go on >>>/h/ (or often >>>/d/), non-H Tōho dōjins would go on /a/.
You can’t really slam a janitor for leaving cosplay threads up but deleting NEET threads.

>> No.9532795

Anyway long story short /jp/ does not need any additional janitors. They have and are doing a fantastic job and things are well balanced I would say.

>> No.9532799

>>9532795
They should stop deleting threads in bursts, as if they wanted me to notice they are finally here or something. I know they are normals with jobs and are more busy than I am and crap, but please don't slam that fact in my face.

>> No.9532800

>>9532795
Long story short, the janitor left and the next shift is in 10 hours.

Enjoy your shitposts.

>> No.9532805
File: 25 KB, 320x240, 1341071792963.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm going to apply and if I get elected I'll make /jp/ a heaven, I promise.

I'll delete all the shitposting, ironic or not, by myself. Off topic threads with pics of touhous in the OP will also be deleted. Flanfly will also be deleted because it's flood, it's better to stop it on its track now before it becomes some EPIC /jp/ DAILY DOSE XD. I swear I'd try my hardest to make /jp/ a high quality board...

>> No.9532809

>>9532805
>I'm going to apply and if I get elected I'll make /jp/ a heaven, I promise.
Translation:
I am going to kill the /jp/.

>> No.9532810

The janitor's job is to delete spam and rule-breaking threads. Playing quality control police isn't really his job.

I think they're doing a decent job, but I'm still going to put in an application.

>> No.9532815

>>9532791
Begone with your fancy characters.

I would honestly like Touhou cosplay threads, though. I like seeing the costumes people make. Shame some trolls and autistic nerds decide they will inevitably be bombarded with drama, even if they have to be the ones that make it happen.

>> No.9532816

>>9532791
Did I say I enjoy blogging thread or those pathetic depression thread?

Deleting touhou thread and shump thread while keeping some con troll thread show how incompetent NSJ is. I dont even know why anyone is defending him. He caused more harm than good.

>> No.9532831

>>9532816
People are going to take you less seriously if you use a forced /b/-tier catchphrase. Just saying.

>> No.9532877

>>9532795
I am genuinely convinced that there are shitposters out there who voice their opinion like this because they want /jp/ to stay the same as it does now, so that their shitposting wouldn't be threatened by anyone.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action