[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 28 KB, 400x538, thumb.php.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9505808 No.9505808[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Since I know a lot of people who are being proud of the nationality and/or the country they live in, I wondered what people on jaypee think about it.

Are most of the /jp/sies patriotic?
If so, why?
And if you're not, what do you think of the patriotism?

While I don't really have a problem with it, I find it rather disgusting.

>> No.9505815

Patriotism is retarded whether it's for a country or a board.

>> No.9505823

Americlaps are disgusting

>> No.9505828

>While I don't really have a problem with it, I find it rather disgusting

Nice oxymoron and clearly biased thread, you stupid piece of shit. Now I won't reply honestly regardless of my stance on the issue. Not to mention, this has nothing to do with /jp/. Die.

>> No.9505855

I live in Ukraine. Guess how patriotic I am.

I think patriotism is good when you live in a country which deserves it.

>> No.9505864

>>9505815
Exactly.

What's the point of being proud of something you have absolutely no choice in?

The only reason to be proud because of your nationality is if you're from a country that's unjustly discriminated against - for example, I'm Polish, and if Poland wasn't a shithole it would be understandable to be proud of being Polish despite it being the butts of jokes and such.

But since it's even worse than even the people who mock it realize, there's nothing to be proud of.

But this isn't national pride anyway, but rather being proud of overcoming adversity and not being ASHAMED of where you're from - it's why concepts such as gay pride or minority racial pride are valid.

>> No.9505897

I hate my country with all my heart

>> No.9505904

Post more WW2 japanese propaganda

>> No.9505918

>>9505864
>What's the point of being proud of something you have absolutely no choice in?

Because, it's what people do, why do you think people are proud to be white, black whatever? Because it's just how people are.

>> No.9505933

especially when people don't even take any part in the ecological or economical metabolism of their country, they start feeling proud of it, which is to be seen very critically - it's like people making jokes of aids, until being infected themselves. quiete pathetic.

>> No.9505956

>>9505918
Being proud of being black is absolutely fine if you live in a country where you're discriminated against at every step and where you've been treated as a second class citizen or worse throughout the history.

It's not being proud of your race as being somehow "better" than others, it's being proud of recognizing that you're not worse, no matter how many other people want you to believe it.

Privileged majorities don't get to play this card, and you can safely assume that anyone who is "proud" of being white in a predominately white country is just a racist piece of shit.

>> No.9506054

>>9505956

That would be being proud of yourself, for not giving up no matter what the people would say, not being proud of being black.

Then again, not giving is something everyone should have no problem with, thus it's nothing to proud of.

>> No.9506061

>The only reason to be proud because of your nationality is if you're from a country that's unjustly discriminated against

Yep the only reason to be proud is when you're a freak, or a loser, celebrating the success of your ancestors on the other hand, now that's just silly.

And you know I can't believe people can be proud of things they have no control of. That's why I hate my parents with a passion, I didn't choose them as my parents! Why should I be proud of them in any way? Take that mom don't make me do the dishes, I'm a downtrodden gay, trans, black, Jewish, NEET warrior and proud!

>> No.9506068
File: 374 KB, 1000x2169, 1341505499633.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9505956

>> No.9506073

I would be proud if I had a country (givernment) that takes good care of its citizens, and citizens that actually cares for the country. I mean this in a myriad of ways I won't delve into, but short story even shorter, I don't like this country. Though I probably wouldn't like any other country either. I suppose I just don't like how human societies work.

>> No.9506078
File: 78 KB, 933x1053, 1341932994605.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.9506089

I'm semi-patriotic. Would that be the word for it? Maybe cynical patriot?

I'm proud of my country, but hate just about everyone running it. And a large majority of people living in it.

>> No.9506104

/pol/ pls go

>> No.9506107

I wish I was Nipponese...

>> No.9506120
File: 215 KB, 855x1000, 1343448689406.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

It's hard to feel patriotic when I don't go outside. The only thing I know about America is that apparently our president is some black guy and it's hard to get free money.

>> No.9506141

A Japanese person was telling me that I should be proud of being British and try to become a part of it instead of looking to Japan as a surrogate home but I didn't really get it.

>> No.9506145

I'm a mixed race person living in America, I don't really have a reason to be.

I think patriotism is fine if you aren't a redneck about it.

>> No.9506184

>>9506141
He thinks that all brits are fabulous and classy aristocrats, when in reality UK is filled with faggots, mudslimes, niggers and chav scum.
Or he just doesn't want to see a gaijin become citizen of the Glorious Nippon.

>> No.9506213

>>9505815
This
>>9505956
and this

Nationalism is pretty much your boss rallying you under his flag so you can do shit for him without complaining too much.

Also, not Otaku Culture

>> No.9506218

>>9506184
Don't confuse the whole of the UK with England, only England is full of muslims and niggers.

>> No.9506231

I'm so patriotic, when a war breaks out I'm immediately moving to Switzerland.

"Patriotism" is just a nicer word for nationalism, the mindset that brought us World War I and less directly World War II. How can you be proud of the location you happen to reside in? It's just the place where you live right now, ruled by people you have no relation to.

>> No.9506248

日本が一番!
日本万歳!

>> No.9506262

>>9506231
Speaking of which, does anyone know how difficult it is bureaucratically to permanently move from one country in the Schengen Area to another country in the Schengen Area (as opposed to just traveling there temporarily)? Do you need to go through a long bureaucratic process involving visas and immigration policies or is it just a matter of moving there and registering yourself as a resident?

>> No.9506264

No, I think it's stupid.

Take pride in your own accomplishments, not in those of other people.

>> No.9506271

>>9506231

You're confused, it has nothing to do with loyalty to your land, it has to do with loyalty to your people.

You can think highly of your culture, and history, and still loath your government.

>> No.9506276
File: 42 KB, 312x308, 1336080797724.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

the west is in desperate need for some fascism

>> No.9506283

>>9506264

It's not a pride in yourself, it's a pride, and a thanks to the people who paved the way for you, and giving you a name to live up to.

>> No.9506302

Death to America

>> No.9506315

I fucking hate patriotism and patriotic people

>> No.9506332

When nationalism was big, people didn't know as much as you do now. In many cases, it was the only rational choice to support it. If someone who doesn't love you is trying to simplify the world with emotional rhetoric he is trying to use you.

>> No.9506336

>>9506184
I'm not a racist and I don't have a problem with chavs in my area. I just don't like the native white culture at all. This country is more normalfag than America even it feels.

I'm about as integrated into British society as >>9506120 is into America's.

>> No.9506349
File: 114 KB, 500x400, KenichiSmith.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm only patriotic when I'm being ironic.

>> No.9506353

I'm pretty sure most people hate me here just because of my skin colour. So I don't know if I should be supporting people who hate me.

>> No.9506355

I really wish fuckers would stop making political threads here.

I come to /jp/ to get away from things like this.

>> No.9506361

>>9506068
I agree with this, but what does it really matter that blacks are on average less intelligent than whites and Asians? It doesn't make them worse people.

>> No.9506369

>people hate me here just because of my skin colour

keep believing that

>> No.9506375

>>9506353
Paranoia~

>> No.9506384

>>9506361
People like to beat the beaten. In a relatively peaceful low-crime environment, racists are usually white bottom feeders. They have no merit of their own so they target an irrelevant trait which means nothing on individual level. I live in a monoethnic area with no blacks and this is how it is around here. Succesful people don't need racism, they can loathe uncivilizedness in general.

>> No.9506389

>>9506375
Why would you say that? During school it was nothing but racist remarks and comments towards me, the same for when I used to go outside, people sometimes used to just say things to me as they drove past. Now online I see people don't like people like me. I'd hardly call that paranoia.

>> No.9506403

>>9506389
Where do you live?

>> No.9506404

>>9506361

That isn't the end of it, they just don't integrate, they're a drain, and they ruin everywhere they go.

If they were just kind of dumb and that's it then it wouldn't be a problem.

>>9506384

Maybe if you actually grew up around niggers you'd change your tune. Here's a hint if it's full of blacks it isn't going to be a relatively peaceful, low-crime environment.

>> No.9506407

>>9506403
England.

>> No.9506429

>>9506404
good old /pol/ blaming "niggers" for all his problems

>> No.9506454
File: 508 KB, 886x1232, 15271071.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

The government has grown weak, we need a party who can unite us, who can give us a strong national identity and who will not be fooled by capitalism's sweet but poisonous voice.'

>> No.9506460

>>9506429

I don't use /pol/, it's not the same as it's other incarnations.

And what of my personal problems did I describe?

They aren't my problems you dumb shit, they're problems of the country at large.

Typical non argument from the politically ignorant.

>> No.9506480

>>9506460
>they're problems of the country at large.

no, they are YOUR problem, you are blaming ethnics on your own failures.

>> No.9506505

>>9506404
>Here's a hint if it's full of blacks it isn't going to be a relatively peaceful, low-crime environment.
Alright, I'll put my cards on the table. I'm Finnish and I lived two years in one of the blackest suburbs in my country. There was no ghetto culture at all. Sure, crime levels were relatively high but that's how it is everywhere where people are uneducated and property is cheap. It wasn't a special place to live in. You could go out any time without having to avoid or fear anything.

It's all about culture and education. If you have a long history of mutual scorn, you're fucked.

>> No.9506541

>>9506480

What failures?

>>9506505

>Finnish
>suburbs

Yeah and how many blacks do you have? How were they able to get in?

Finland is pretty homogenous, they're a drop in the bucket from immigrants who probably had to go through strict channels to get in, becuase I'm pretty sure you don't let in refugees. Outliers exist, just because most blacks are stupid and violent doesn't mean they all are, if you're screening them, obviously it's not a worry.

You really do have cause and effect backwards, it's the people that make the culture, not the other way around.
Once your neighboring countries turn to shit maybe you'll see it.

>> No.9506547

>>9506505
I'll have to add that blacks do worse in school and cause relatively much trouble, but isn't it obvious? A first generation somali immigrant can not be expected to fit in or function like a native. Yes, the bad influence will also be visible in the next generation. It's not some government secret. Fearful xenophobes are doing their best to make it worse.

>> No.9506548

Pride is a sin.

>> No.9506559

>>9506547
Why didn't they ship back the first generation immigrants who didn't fit in? Being a refugee shouldn't be an excuse, it's a privilege not a right.

>> No.9506560

>>9506547

Immigrant blacks are often less intrusive than native borns in the United States at least, because as I've said they're screened and it's very hard to get into the united states through legitimate channels.

>> No.9506564

>>9505823
It's funny because eurofags have been shown to clap when rolling down hills.

>> No.9506574

>>9506404
Here's a hint you should go back to stormfront, actually all this fucking thread belongs there.

>> No.9506575
File: 143 KB, 750x600, cap_advpromo1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Because our country basically proved itself many times over and in many different ways.

>> No.9506585

>>9506541
posting on /jp/ for example I bet you blame niggers and jews on that

>> No.9506593

>>9506541
We have refugee quotas and immigrants tend to pile up in less wealthy suburbs.
>it's the people that make the culture
Exactly. If you've grown up in fear and pride it's perfectly natural to be hostile towards everything alien.

>> No.9506590

>>9506404
>Here's a hint if it's full of blacks it isn't going to be a relatively peaceful, low-crime environment.
>USA (Total crimes) : 11,877,218 [1st of 50]
>UK (Total crimes) : 6,523,706 [2nd of 50]
>Zambia (Total crimes) : 59,426 [43rd of 50]
source :http://www.nationmaster.com/

I can't believe people can't see it's just western countries cultures that causes this shit

>> No.9506613

Can someone explain to me why refugees who don't fit in/function in their surrogate nation aren't shipped back? Surely being given refugee status should be dependent on just this.

>> No.9506638

>>9506613
basically society/governments don't want to be seem responsible for sending someone to (what could be) their death

>> No.9506644

>>9506585

But I like posting on /jp/.

I don't even necessarily blame niggers and Jews for what they do. I blame retards like you for letting it happen.

Everyone else fights for their own racial interests except for whites.

Keep fighting for everyone but yourself, retard. I'm sure they'll just shower you with praise when whites become an irrelevant minority. Just like South Africa and Rhodesia, I mean... Zimbabwe.

>> No.9506661

>>9506644
>niggers and Jews
>fights for their own racial interests
>>>/pol/
>>>/new/
>>>/stormfront/

>> No.9506673

>>9506644
>when whites become an irrelevant minority
Stop being white then. Become a muslim or something. What does it matter? Race has shit to do with anything, culture and wealth is everything. The white man kicked ass because he could, not because he was white.

>> No.9506677

>>9506644
>implying im white

the jews win again

>> No.9506682

>>9506644
booo hooo cry me a river faggot

>> No.9506692

>>9506644
You are so scarily like the mspaint "niggers and jews" comic along with the "it's the niggers fault that I'm poor" picture.

>> No.9506690

I'm patriotic in the sense of I love my country for what it could be, and hate it for what it is.

>> No.9506695

http://news.linktv.org/videos/uk-somali-refugee-parents-send-kids-back-home-for-rehabilitation seems like it's not the first generation Somalians that were a problem (except for their shitty parenting)

>> No.9506725

Patriotism is shitty, and I hate seeing people being serious about it. Because it's unreasonable and only breeds hate and xenophobia.
But sadly, it's necessary. In the same way nuclear bombs are necessary.

If some nations stopped encouraging it, then mostly patriotic nations would surpass and eventually sweep away those now-mostly-unpatriotic nations. Because having extremely loyal followers who are willing to sacrifice lots of time, effort and even their lives for your cause, is a huge advantage.

So I don't really hate governments for pushing propaganda down our throats - because it's their job, after all.
But I hate people who take it seriously, because that's exactly the cause of the problem. If no one took it seriously, it wouldn't cause a rift in the first place.

>> No.9506723

>>9506593

Alright let me put it this way. What if the Japanese were bred out of existence in their own homeland, do you still think it would be Japan in anything but name only, or do you honestly think it would be the same only everyone would be a different color?

I can assure you it would be the former, some traits are inherent to races, and some races don't mingle.

The same applies to other countries that happen to be white, without the English there's no England, without the French there's no France, and without Finns there's no Finland.

That's why it isn't a good idea to amass immigrant, you will lose your identity and way of life if it goes to far, I promise you it's already happening to much of the west.

Some how pointing this out makes you the devil himself.

>> No.9506788

>>9506723
>or do you honestly think it would be the same only everyone would be a different color?
No, of course it wouldn't be the same. Would it matter? Why?
>That's why it isn't a good idea to amass immigrant
Mass immigration causes problems because the immigration process is costly and risky.
>you will lose your identity and way of life if it goes to far
Only if you base your life on your national identity or race or whatever. I'm not a white man, I'm a person who wants to enjoy his life and build. Thus far it looks like I've been a lot more successful than most Finns who grasp onto obsolete ideologies.

>> No.9506866
File: 88 KB, 200x197, manly_tears.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I am very proud of my country because:
- It is the last white West European country
- It has the biggest concentration of blondes and blue eyed people while it is only nordic by its honory
- It hand very well in the global world even though it has a small population
- It has the most beautiful language in the world
- It has almost no Jews
- It has almost no immigrant when compared to other west European countries
- It is culturally and historically superior when compared to any other nation in the world (this was a joke)
- It has the biggest imageboard culture of any country when the population is taken into account
- Its nature is not shitty like it is in its Easter neighboring country
- The streets are actually clean
Proud of my country, would not trade for any other country or nationality!
Sieg Suomi! Sieg Suomi!

>> No.9506876

For fucks sake. Otaku culture?

Anyway, patriotism is cancer. It needs to be destroyed.

>> No.9506873

>>9506866
*also, we are racially superior when compared to any other group of people in the world

>> No.9506893

I was proud of the USA at one point, but no longer.

>> No.9506898

>>9506866
>west europe
Do you even know your location, fool?

>> No.9506909

>>9506866
sounds like a shithole

>> No.9506941
File: 87 KB, 560x420, bugurt.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9506898
>>9506909
You will never be an inhabitant of such a great country.

>> No.9507036

I believe, admittedly often to the point of naïvety, in free speech, democracy, social security, public healthcare, accessible higher education, secularism and - at least theoretical - military neutrality.
Those things I'm perfectly willing to fight and if necessary die to protect and ensure for the coming generation. But if someone told me to do the same for "Sweden", or "king and country", or "our glorious history" or something to that effect, I'd probably tell them to go fuck themselves.

And considering the circumstances under which that would likely be said, that would probably be my last act. But under those circumstances nobody's going to notice one idiot more or less.

>> No.9507613

I don't care enough about my country to fight for it. I only care about myself. So if my country would ever get in a war, I'd just flee.

>> No.9507647

Depends. I don't care for that sort of stuff much, since I know my country has a lot of problems, but I'd still rather live here than anywhere else in the world.

When watching the olympics too, I can't help but to cheer for the USA too.

I like how in my country I can actually own a car and not pay $15 a gallon, I can own guns and shoot them on my own large forested property, I can take roadtrips and experience a variety of environments since the country is so large, and it's pretty cool to be part of the current largest empire in the world.

>> No.9507732

>>9507036
Aren't you a guy? Women don't talk like that.

>> No.9507945

>>9507036
>free speech
being able to say what you want, without the practical possibility of action, is worthless

>democracy
representative democracy is flawed from a practical point of view (and of course it assumes that people should submit to the will of the majority)

>social security
bread crumbs from the wealthy to prevent social revolt

>public healthcare
idem

>accessible higher education
training for slavery

>secularism
>monarchy
pick one

>at least theoretical - military neutrality
welp

you are willing to perfectly fight and die for all that shit? really?

what the HELL.

>> No.9508136

>>9507945
>and of course it assumes that people should submit to the will of the majority
Ah yes, the tyranny of the majority. It's what keeps all of us freaks down.

>> No.9508167

You guys who cling into virtues that are set upon your country are stupid. Every virtue are set to be pulled down because of greed or something else. Maybe this is why America is so successful.

>> No.9508282

>>9508167
Let's see how succesful America is in 50 years if China manages to keep its shit together.

>>9507945
Well, Sweden has been one of the better places on earth for a long, long time. It even made through WW II almost unscathed. Right now it's withstanding the Euro crisis exceptionally well.

>> No.9508342

>>9508167
America grabbed the ball when Europe was burning.

>> No.9508363

>>9507945

>being able to say what you want, without the practical possibility of action, is worthless

Free speech also includes being able to say what you want without being punished for it and the right to hold an opinion that differs from the majority. Also, revolution is not the answer to everything.

>representative democracy is flawed from a practical point of view

Indeed, this must be why every industrial country in the Western world uses it.

>bread crumbs from the wealthy to prevent social revolt
>idem

No. If you had been paying attention to your own criticism of the wealthy, you'd have noticed that rich people pay proportionally far less tax than they should. Both social security and public healthcare are largely funded by the same social classes that use it. Rich people use private doctors anyway and couldn't care less about the system.

>training for slavery

By this definition, is there any profession that isn't slavery?

>pick one

The king is just an international advertisement. In service he costs less than most car companies spend on campaigns annually.

>welp

This is an ambiguous word.

And yes, those are the things that bring out my natural 10mgs of monthly testosterone and make me willing to fight and if necessary die for something. Yes, I'm aware that they are not perfect. Yes, I'm aware that they can be criticized, and yes, I'm fully aware that my belief in these things is somewhat naïve, perhaps even infantile. But these are things that I *perceive* as beneficial and preferable to the realistic options, to me, right now, during my expected lifetime and in the position in society where I am right now.

>>9508282

The crisis is still going on?

>> No.9508782

>>>/pol/
Come on, Helen, I like you too much to see you argue lolitics.

>> No.9508882

>>9508782

I like you too, largely because I right now needed that extra push of a second brain to get me thinking like a human again.

>> No.9508951

>>9508363
>Indeed, this must be why every industrial country in the Western world uses it.
argumentum ad populum

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action