[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 97 KB, 700x535, 1317784748590.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9406081 No.9406081 [Reply] [Original]

Even on the internet small social cliques form, excluding anyone who doesn't fit in or simply hasn't been there from the beginning like everyone else. IRCs, chatgroups, small internet forums. Why? I thought the internet was supposed to be a sort of refuge. I didn't come to make friends of course, but I'd still like to talk to someone interesting, but all I find is the same stuff I find in the real world. 4chan, and /jp/ in particular, is one of the only places I know of that is still somewhat free of that.

>> No.9406101 [DELETED] 

all otaku think alike.

>> No.9406113

I love you Kaguya!

>> No.9406116

>>9406081
wow! people can be social and form groups because of returning users that make bonds!

>> No.9406118

>>9406081
>I thought the internet was supposed to be a sort of refuge.

Why would you think this? Human interaction is fundamentally what makes the internet what it is.

>> No.9406134

I'm not interesting, thankfully I'm automatically in some social cliques because I'm really good at a video game.

just become better at something than anyone else, then try to pass down your knowledge.

>> No.9406146
File: 19 KB, 200x200, ZTT.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Zuntata thread.

>> No.9406153

Thanks for the thread.

>> No.9406169

It's still a social clique, it's simply one that accepts you because of a similarity in hobby. /jp/ is actually quite hostile towards people who can't acknowledge their ideals.

>> No.9406177

When you talk to the same group daily for years its kind of hard to put random people on the same level as them even if you've involved in this shitty culture

>> No.9406183

>>9406081
>excluding anyone who doesn't fit in or simply hasn't been there from the beginning
>4chan, and /jp in particular ... is still somewhat free of that

That is very incorrect. Every 4chan board, especially /jp/ loves to reject posters. Especially for being new. It's ridiculous, but it is what it is.

>> No.9406187

>>9406169
That hostility and elitism is what I hate about places like /a/ and /v/
/jp/ is bad, but not as bad as them. At least not yet. It's mostly just the shitposters.

>> No.9406200

>>9406187
/a/ and /v/ are actually very accepting of new posters, one of the primary reasons they are so shitty.

>> No.9406216

>>9406200
/a/ is not accepting of new posters. The second someone even shows a hint they haven't seen a famous anime the entire thread will fill up with people insulting the newbie.

>> No.9406230

>>9406200
No, they try really hard to keep them away using hostility and BOKU NO PICO and the lurking newfags just copy them and shitpost to fit in. The entire board is people trying to fit in and expose the newfags. It's so bad that no one knows who is new anymore. Just newfags trolling newfags.

>> No.9406233

>>9406216
It's not smart elitism anymore. It's just being really cold to others because it's cool and hip. A few people started doing that as a joke, and then it became a reality.

2007 was the last good year on /a/.

>> No.9406288

>>9406187
We're pretty elitist, but only because we seek to protect the integrity of the board and our hobbies. It also helps that the board culture and interests are so esoteric that it necessarily drives more "casual" posters away. I don't think we'll ever be as bad as /a/ and /v/, simply because our population will be that large. So long as we keep up a reasonable filter, it should be fine.

Seriously, /a/ is just getting ridiculous. It plays out like a self-parody than an actual board. They try too hard and generate arbitrary social rules to "filter out newfags".

>> No.9406308

>>9406288
>but only because we seek to protect the integrity of the board and our hobbies

Feels a lot more like people just enjoy being dicks.

>They try too hard and generate arbitrary social rules to "filter out newfags"

Yes, and so does /jp/. There's not much about /jp/ that's actually better than /a/, except the smaller population. I don't know about /v/ because I've never went there.

>> No.9406312

>>9406288
*will never be that large

Sorry.

>> No.9406354

>>9406308
>Yes, and so does /jp/
Examples? /jp/ is pretty tame when it comes to the elitism. There's some spam, and shitposting, but do we really want those posters to begin with?

Compare what we have to LOL BOKU NO PICO, monster.jpg, >vlcsnap, and "moe trolling". /a/ is an example of people trying to be dicks for the sake of it.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action