[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 95 KB, 497x700, tumblr_lfgchffJPa1qzvd1ao1_500.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9402381 No.9402381 [Reply] [Original]

This board moves slow late at night, and I can't sleep..
So, /jp/ what first introduced you into otaku culture?
Or why are you so in love with Japan?
Story time?

>> No.9402386

I'm not that much into what goes for "otaku culture" on /jp/. I'm just here because I can't stand the rest of 4chan.

>> No.9402399

It was something that seemed interesting. So I started watching anime. Then I say 2hu threads all over the place on /a/. So I started liking 2hu. Then moot made /jp/, so I've come here to piss away the days until I kill myself.

>> No.9402427

Yugioh, when I was a kid.
the original one was so fucking cool when I was a kid.
Then I started watching Toonami, grew up, watched better stuff and broadened my interests to VNs, Manga etc etc.
I wonder how past me feels about this

>> No.9402433

I watched anime like Akira and stuff at a young age, and I was hooked after that.

I don't care about Japanese culture though.

>> No.9402448
File: 43 KB, 300x300, 1337529514977.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

watched anime and played touhou, I wanted to visit some another boards so I came to /jp/.
also /jp/ is pretty safe for work.

>> No.9402457

Thanks for asking OP

When I was a kid I really liked pokemon. Played Red on emulator from a young age (I was pretty savvy for my time/age, and wasn't allowed a console). 4 or so years ago I got back into it, in a big way. Opened me up to Japan culture.
Started getting into it a few years ago.
Now I just watch anime, read manga, play VNs etc.
I've distanced myself from a lot of my friends. I get depressed whenever I think about normal people. I don't know what I want to be anymore. Is a life spent being an otaku worth it /jp/?

>>9402386
there's other communities you know. not that I mind you being here, there just could be better places for you that you might like better

>> No.9402486

>>9402457
Well it's not like I don't enjoy Touhou or other Japanese media.

>> No.9402488

I was a weeaboo fuck from a very early age. One of the first shows I can really remember watching was Evangelion.

>> No.9402492

>>9402486
then you are here for a reason!
enjoy your stay!

>> No.9402500

>>9402457
It is a curse that you must wear with pride.
But don't be so depressed, if you want, get the girl, be more social.
You can be whatever you like so don't hesitate, it's really just about the game plan.
Anything is possible, you just have to get off your ass.

>> No.9402508

>>9402500
thanks anon. it made sense in a weird way
you're the best.

>> No.9402526

>at 6 would pray and ask if i could become a sailor scout
i grew up on cartoons and anime just caught my eye .it wasn't until i was in middle school did i start reading manga.

>> No.9402541

>>Or why are you so in love with Japan?
>>>/a/

>> No.9402581

When I was in elementary school, we had some basic Japanese class. During which, I began to look stuff up about Japan, eventually getting into /Jp/ stuff.

>> No.9402632

>>9402381
>So, /jp/ what first introduced you into otaku culture?
Anime, my interest in international food and the fact that I have an interest in foreign cultures - and especially subcultures, the stranger the better. I watched all of the entry-level stuff, but then I thought "I wonder what kind of novels and comics Japan has" and then it all just kind of got rolling from there. I also like cooking food from all around the world (right now I'm really enjoying Indian food, actually; I'm trying to lose weight and it's helping quite a bit), and Japan has a really interesting culinary history and culture.
>Or why are you so in love with Japan?
I'm not, really. I just have a massive hard-on for history and foreign cultures, the more distinct the better. Japan has literally thousands of years of meticulously recorded history and buildings and artifacts and traditions that are just as old and I quite frankly stand in awe of that. That said, I wouldn't want to move to Japan even though I'd gladly live there for a few years for a job; I like my first ten amendments and owning a large chunk of alpine wilderness and I like being able to hunt and shoot literally off of my porch. I would go insane if I had to drive for hours to get to get out of sight of the urban landscape.
>Story time?
No, sorry.

>> No.9402641

Um, I watched a bit of anime as a kid.

I'm actually not that big of an otaku. I just enjoy touhou, IIDX, and Japanese literature. I don't really like, buy figurines or watch anime or any of that sort of stuff. I like the people here, though.

>> No.9402748

If youre bored and want a fast entertaining board, go to /sp/ they shitpost a lot and are fast.

>> No.9405379

>>9402581
This, Had a teacher who taught English in Japan in the late 80's/early 90's, he taught us some Japanese and it grew from there. I want to go to Japan, but I don't want to teach English... and no i don't want to draw manga or be in a game company either.

>> No.9405405

I don't like anime or manga. I don't care much about Japan. Visual Novels are the only thing which interests me.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action