[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 33 KB, 610x316, dayz-2-610x316.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9379622 No.9379622[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

What is your opinion on the game?
Is there a /jp/ group yet?

>> No.9379625

yes

>> No.9379630

Don't make me.

>> No.9379631

no

>> No.9379636

The game gets boring after 5 minutes when you realize what the flaws are

>> No.9379638

It's bad for my blood pressure.

I just want to take it easy and survive against zombies, but everyone else just wants to kill people because LOLSOEDGYCALLOFDOOTY.

>> No.9379641

I played it for about 5 minutes, it was a thoroughly underwhelming experience. The controls are obtuse as fuck, every server has terrible lag thanks to shoddy net code, 95% of the servers simply don't work because it's a buggy mess, the zombies aren't even slightly threatening, and it's basically "dick ass bandits: the game" with everyone killing each other over beans.

I had way more fun with the helicopter tutorial in Arma.

>> No.9379652

See, it has a great idea but implemented horrendously.

For a supposedly immersive and "realistic" concept, the metagaming really throws that off.

>see sniper on top of tower
>change servers, climb up tower, return to server, shoot him in the back

>about to die from gunfight
>change servers to avoid death

>see loot in a good spot
>repeatedly change servers to refresh the loot

N-no thank you.

>> No.9379657 [DELETED] 

I played it for a long time. I ended up getting all kinds of great gear - NVGs, a silenced M4, etc. and then dying. It's really boring once you have full kit because there's nothing to do - zombies no longer present a challenge and you're at the top of the gear ladder, so you have to turn to player hunting to get any fun. After some time I started cheating. I learned how to spoof my scripts as whitelisted ones and change my playerID and GUID so I started joining servers and running around spawning cows on people, spawning fleets of battleships in the major cities, putting static artillery pieces on hills, etc.

I eventually got swatted by BattleEye for running a blacklisted function, and I dunno how to spoof playerID/guID so I'm out of luck.

>> No.9379691
File: 110 KB, 600x735, 1336858448184.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I spent 30 minutes running to starry only to die from a random sniper shot in the head.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action