[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 362 KB, 750x750, zunsan.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9331156 No.9331156 [Reply] [Original]

By the time ZUN was 22 he had already single handedly developed and released all 5 games of the PC-98 series

Meanwhile /jp/ can't find the motivation to start their backlogs

>> No.9331160

Are you seriously comparing us to our prophet ZUN?

Might aswell aim to be the queen of england

>> No.9331162

I don't get it
what's your point?

>> No.9331166

There is absolutely no chance I could ever make money clearing my backlog. They aren't even comparable situations.

>> No.9331187
File: 50 KB, 476x513, SAKURAAAAAA.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9331166

you could become a professional anime watcher
my friend Josh back in school told me he got offered that job and his uncle worked for Nintendo so he knows his stuff

>> No.9331193

>>9331156
seems do-able
but before that i should learn japanese...

>> No.9331203

>>9331187
Rip in peace.

>> No.9331220

Throw away your backlogs.

>> No.9331275

i wonder how much we would accomplish if it wasn't for distractions like internet.

i remember when i was in hospital, i made the entire basis for a longer VN from nothing. the setting, the premise, the characters, all major points of the story, twists and endings of the individual routes, character designs, lots of sketches of sprites and some backgrounds. it was just foundation and it required lots of work, but i was heading in the right direction, and fast. and then i got released.
i dropped it almost instantly. i lost all of my inspiration, even if i tried i couldn't think of any new content. the only times i would go back to it, i would do so to change stuff i already decided on. i never made any actual progress, and i eventually abandoned it completely.

i wonder if i had nothing to do for a longer period of time, would i go back and continue the work? or was it just a single bout of inspiration?

i'm not gonna provide any details, i'm still deluding myself that i might actually write it and i don't want my shitposts tied to my name. it would be shit anyway.

>> No.9331311

>>9331156
No he didn't. He was part of a college game making team.

>> No.9331317

>>9331275

Of course would accomplish more. The natural imagination comes out more when it can't be satisfied with the environment. Which is why bored people on a rainy day are better at coming up with stories than people sitting in front of a computer watching anime 24/7.

>> No.9331349

>>9331275
I would probably be out there chasing skirts if there is no internet.
It is just too much effort while with the internet I can just download and have all the entertainment that I want while sitting in my room. Zero effort and much more fun.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action