[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 175 KB, 414x1291, meidosan1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9147246 No.9147246[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

So another lazy meido with bouts of high activity. Eh, better than the 2011 version which was just plain lazy.

If you see a decent thread, try to keep an eye on it. Board is moving faster and we might lose some good things. And as usual, report the rule breaking threads to make it easier on the moderation.

>> No.9147256

>>9147246
Fuck off "meido".

>> No.9147256,1 [INTERNAL] 

You're pathethic.

>> No.9147256,2 [INTERNAL] 

This is one of those cases where I want it to be an imposter, but I'm not sure if the trolls are caught up with the new, abbreviated name.

>> No.9147256,3 [INTERNAL] 

>>9147256,1
At least he could probably spell pathetic if he tried.

>>9147256,2
Who cares? It's not bad advice.

>> No.9147256,4 [INTERNAL] 

>>9147256,3
I don't think it's bad advice either. However this is a dumb thread and I'm going to point out all the reasons why (assuming this is the real AoC).

> So another lazy meido with bouts of high activity.
Egotistical as fuck. And how can someone be both "lazy" and have "bouts of high activity"? It's not like AoC didn't sleep or delete things in "bursts". That's just how being a janitor works.

> Eh, better than the 2011 version which was just plain lazy.
A given, but I'm not even sure we had a janitor then. Also kind of egotistical.

> If you see a decent thread, try to keep an eye on it.
Thanks, I hadn't been doing this up until now. Generally when I see interesting, on-topic threads, I tend to ignore them because I'm a masochist.

> Board is moving faster
I'm not denying this but I'd like to see some long-term data.

> we might lose some good things.
Bullshit. Even if all 16 pages are around and the janitor's asleep, it still takes forever for a thread to get purged. People know there are other pages.

> And as usual, report the rule breaking threads to make it easier on the moderation.
Thanks, I hadn't been doing this either. In fact I was reporting all the on-topic threads by mistake.

My biggest problem with these threads isn't that they're bad advice, and maybe they're even useful reminders to some people. It's that they just invite more trolling and drama. Posts like this one, in fact, which will fortunately only shit up the ghost board.
It's like telling people "don't feed the trolls". Sure it's good advice, but everyone knows it already. There's a fine line between preventing people from being morons and inviting people to be morons because everyone will always do the opposite of what you say to antagonize you. Doubly so if you're a controversial ex-janitor using your identity to add some sort of authority to your posts.

>> No.9147256,5 [INTERNAL] 

>>9147256,4
You raise some good points, and I agree with what you say.

Couple things though, when I say another lazy meido I mean that all of them have been so far. Clumsy and lazy is pretty much an ongoing trait. And when I said "keep an eye on it" I meant to check when it's close to the last pages so you can give it a nudge before it's washed away in a wave of napoleon or whatever spam fad there is on a given week.
We lost the OCT last night for one, would be nice to avoid such losses.

Everything else is straight on and I'm aware of it now. It was calling for all sorts of bullshit and I'm glad they got it quickly; which was the point in a way, to wave arms around and get them to do more than a single pass.

So, you were right and I apologize. I just get frustrated with the front page some days and that's when I meta.

>> No.9147256,6 [INTERNAL] 

I have started bumping decent threads as of lately. It seems that the majority of the shitposts floods come around 1:00AM - 10:00AM EST and a lot of good threads are simply bumped off because of it.

For a long while now I have been convinced that the janitors do it because they know the whole fucking flanfly thing simply creates a pandemic of shitposting around that time.

The janitors need to work out a schedule. I am not asking for them to go deletion crazy 24/7 but for fucks sake it's disgraceful to let a board go to shit for several hours just because you picked two janitors who live in the same time zone and can't commit to different times of the day and night.

>> No.9147256,7 [INTERNAL] 

By this I mean they are too lazy to fight the flood of shitposts, won't file ban reports because it takes too much time and would rather wait until it settles down in the morning to delete it all. Hence the "five pages gone" occurrence every morning.

>> No.9147256,8 [INTERNAL] 

>>9147256,5
> when I say another lazy meido I mean that all of them have been so far. Clumsy and lazy is pretty much an ongoing trait.
What would you prefer? Overzealous deletion just pisses everyone off. Overall I'd say they're doing a good job in terms of numbers, though I often disagree with their judgement.

> And when I said "keep an eye on it" I meant to check when it's close to the last pages so you can give it a nudge before it's washed away in a wave of napoleon or whatever spam fad there is on a given week.
I do this when the front page gets a little spammy. You may have noticed "Bampu pantsu." in a bunch of regular threads, and that's usually me. Though I try to be discreet about it.

> Everything else is straight on and I'm aware of it now. It was calling for all sorts of bullshit and I'm glad they got it quickly; which was the point in a way, to wave arms around and get them to do more than a single pass.
Well, I guess that's for the better. If people did need a reminder, then it's better they saw it but couldn't respond. Sometimes I do genuinely wish there was a sticky that had "DON'T RESPOND TO TROLLS", "USE THE REPORT SYSTEM", and "LURK MORE" all in huge red letters. And it's locked and stays there forever. Expecting or even asking people to read the rules/FAQ is too much.

> So, you were right and I apologize. I just get frustrated with the front page some days and that's when I meta.
Your heart was in the right place. Sorry if I came off a little abrasive, but threads like these are definitely one of the things we need less of.

>> No.9147256,9 [INTERNAL] 

>>9147256,4
>>9147256,8
He's just reminding people to keep an eye on pages 11-15 because not everybody is as stalwart a guardian as you (people are lazy fucks). If it's "usually you" who does the bumping then it means that there's only a minimal amount of posters actually doing this.

The rest of your post stands.

>>9147256,7
I believe, but am not sure, that all it takes to file a ban report is a checkbox.

>> No.9147256,10 [INTERNAL] 

>>9147256,5
>We lost the OCT last night for one
Who cares? Just make a new one, that's all.

And if you lose threads on such a slow board as /jp/, even during micro-spam time, it's only because your "generals" are going nowhere. No need for stale perma threads that people have to bump forcefully to keep them alive.

>> No.9147256,11 [INTERNAL] 

>>9147256,10
This. I can understand the benefits of keeping the front page /jp/-related since it's how most people browse (and it's the point of the whole bumping thing). But at the same time there's no reason to constantly bump threads if nothing is happening. If you have something to share, great. But "oh man gamestop cancelled my preorder :(" is just pointless filler that doesn't need to be brought to our attention.
Sorry for picking on you, GUST fans, but your threads are polluted with quite a few idiots.

>> No.9147256,12 [INTERNAL] 

Please don't say you are lazy.

>> No.9147256,13 [INTERNAL] 

>>9147256,10
Just because nobody posted in a thread for seven hours doesn't mean nobody cares about it. Well, I didn't keep track of exactly, but I think it was somewhere around there.

>> No.9147256,14 [INTERNAL] 

>I just get frustrated with the front page some days and that's when I meta.

Ridiculous.

>> No.9147256,15 [INTERNAL] 

You can fucking delete threads AoC, if you don't like the frontpage you could fucking do something about it.

>> No.9147256,16 [INTERNAL] 

>>9147256,13
> doesn't mean nobody cares about it
I wasn't talking about the thread itself, but about the deletion, since all you have to do is remake a new one.

And you normally don't need a general thread, aka "thread condenser", if the topic only gets a couple of replies per day.

>> No.9147256,17 [INTERNAL] 

>>9147256,16
Hey, my specific, relatively obscure game generals have over two fans! You leave them alone, mister.

>> No.9147256,18 [INTERNAL] 

If AoC's tripcode has been "leaked" as he claims it has on IRC, then what is it?

1, 2, 3, 4, 5...

Nobody knows? Hmm! How odd!

>> No.9147256,19 [INTERNAL] 

>>9147256,18
#howcould
At least pretend you're not new

>> No.9147256,20 [INTERNAL] 

>>9147256,18
Congratulations on literally proving you're incredibly new, Tokiko. Seriously.

>> No.9147256,21 [INTERNAL] 

>>9147256,16
Well, sometimes they're threads that some people find interesting that nobody would really bother to remake since they're discussion continuation. Like that one thread where two nerds got in a fight about which Touhou shooter was the hardest or the thread about ZUN visiting Europe (by the time it got pushed off the board he was already back in Japan).

>> No.9147256,22 [INTERNAL] 

>>9147256,18
lel

>> No.9147256,23 [INTERNAL] 

The spam wouldn't happen if we had our NEET threads back. NEET threads condensed all the funposting and people often used sage so it wasn't on the front page too much.

But you fucked up and deleted the NEET threads and now you have to deal with spam. You can't go back either because you made a problem out of nothing and THE CONSEQUENCES WILL NEVER BE THE SAME.

>> No.9147256,24 [INTERNAL] 

>>9147256,23
I don't have a problem with NEET threads, the order came directly from moot.

>> No.9147256,25 [INTERNAL] 

>>9147256,23
Fuck you dicklord, spam all you want but no one will ever take the shitty NEET threads seriously, go to /b/ or something LMAO.

#REKT
#PWND4LYF

>> No.9147256,26 [INTERNAL] 

I got NEET threads banned, and I still don't understand how or why.

Sorry for making a Star Wars joke, I guess? ┐('~`;)┌
Enjoy cleaning up that spam.

>> No.9147256,27 [INTERNAL] 

>>9147256,24
The problem with NEET threads was that people took them seriously and just used it how normals use Twitter. Ironic shitposting about social anxiety leading to piss bottles or WataMote/NHK material was one of the best things to ever happen to /jp/. It was good for a while but I suppose that everything needs to die.

>>9147256,25
>taking the NEET threads seriously
That was the problem in the first place.

>> No.9147256,28 [INTERNAL] 

>>9147256,27
die retard

>> No.9147256,29 [INTERNAL] 

>>9147256,28
Great contribution to the board. Premium content.

>> No.9147256,30 [INTERNAL] 

>>9147256,27
>watamote

Hahahaha, get the fuck out of here subhum/a/n.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action