[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 38 KB, 704x396, aragaki.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
913074 No.913074 [Reply] [Original]

I can't help but feeling depressed when I look up the birth dates of some people, like actors and athletes. Nikolas Podolski is 11 months older than me, and yet have played ina World Cup Final, and now a Euro Cup final.

Yui Aragaki is two years younger than me and already a famous bitch.

I HATE MY LIFE SO MUCH

>> No.913081

>>913074
IT'S NOT TOO LATE TO CHANGE YOUR HIKKI WAYS!

>> No.913084

Not everyone can be famous.

>> No.913088

I have no desire for fame, and I shun social contact.

I'm proud to be alive, literate, in good health with an education and a desire to go on.

It'll do.

>> No.913090

Not everyone can be useful

>> No.913091

>>913084
That's true. But I'm not depressed because I'm not famous, but because I'm so far behind everyone.

>> No.913106

>Do you ever get ashamed of yourself?

>Sax !2tvnoVB17M

You should be ashamed.

>> No.913100

>Do you ever get ashamed of yourself?

>Sax !2tvnoVB17M

You should ashamed.

>> No.913101

LIKE THAT? NO.

I‘VE COME TO ACKNOWLEDGE THE FACT 
THAT ALL MEN ARE NOT BORN EQUAL.

>> No.913103

Reported

>> No.913122

I used to get bothered by it every once in awhile, but I've long since come to grips that this whole world is a game of roulette. We can't all be winners, and even the "winners" aren't really winning anything.

>> No.913125

>>913091
Those people aren't everyone. That's why they're famous.

You're like everyone - just with less friends, no job, a full frown adult with no car, still living with parents looking at lolis for most of the day ...

forget what I said

>> No.913127

>>913101
Sure they are, then society kicks in.

>> No.913129

>>913091
>behind everyone

What's your criteria for advancement? Have you actually given it thought yet?

>> No.913142

>>913129
Wealth and a good health.

>> No.913158

, I plan on being more successful than a pathetic actor or football player, those kind of people have no power.

>> No.913164

Sometimes I'm ashamed of myself but then I always remember, "At least I'm not a tripfag." And it makes me feel slightly better. But only in the way that laughing at a fat person momentarily comforts you.

>> No.913165

You're upset because you're not famous? You should be ashamed of yourself.

Most idols are manufactured anyways, it's not something hard work can easily get you.

>> No.913162

Only normalfags would care about shit like that.

We know we're pathetic scum and don't really care.

>> No.913163

>>913142
>wealth

There's your problem right there.

a. If you're gonna cry about money, time is better spent working.
b. Money is fairly worthless.

As to good health...well, that's as good a thing to wish for as anything... You're not dying, are you?

>> No.913169

>>913127

WHAT ABOUT PEOPLE WITH CYSTIC FIBR
OSIS?

>> No.913172

Also, people who become famous early in life typically become so for what they can do with their body - play football, act, sing, look attractive, etc.

Intellectuals only become renowned later in life or after death. Maybe your hard drive will end up in a museum on Titan two hundred years from now as a monument to an anonymous internet pirate of a time long since past.

>> No.913174

>>913158
Sorry, champ. You're usually born into power.

You CAN gain power without divine right, but considering you're here, your odds are pretty slim.

>> No.913185

>>913169

Well... I guess you're fucked.

>> No.913186

People who become famous early in life had parents pushing and training them. So don't blame yourself, blame your parents for not working you to death.

Oh, but you're still a pathetic sack of shit and you have only yourself to blame for that part.

>> No.913181

>>913125
What he means to say is that we're the on the opposite side of the spectrum from famous people.

>> No.913189

>>913185

AND NOW YOU KNOW HOW I FEEL.

>> No.913190

>>913174
I was born in power, luckily, my family has relations and importance ( well, not so much importance anymore, since the government changed in my country but I still have the relations) which is why I keep that objective.

I'm here during the time I finish my studies, even though it's a factor of failure.

>> No.913192

Instead of aiming to be wealthy, I live the opposite; rejecting money and overly "nice" things, I stick to a utilitarian outlook.
Unfortunately, I still buy figures, so I haven't kicked my money addiction completely.

But I HAVE gotten to the point I don't need to work to survive.

>> No.913197

>>913192
Money is useless, except in keeping a pleasurable lifestyle, power is the true objective.
Only fools live for money.

>> No.913201

>>913190
Well, don't forget your time among the peons when you ascend to power.

>> No.913208

>>913197
Money is power.

>> No.913210

>>913192
See, I have a problem with that for myself.
I have to stay productive since the only thing I do is live day by live in front of the computer talking to all you losers

I just don't have the motivation to gain anything since I already have what I want; a home, food, and money - yet I hate just sitting around.

>> No.913222

>>913201
Don't worry, anyway, the chances that I attain success (or what I consider success) are infinitesimal,and I fucking hate the actual establishment, even though I'll shut up until I have the means to voice my opinions safely.
Wow, I sound like an arrogant prick, I like that.

>> No.913228

>>913197
Power is merely an expression of will. You don't gain anything more, you just get a road that's easier to travel.

Easy things make you soft, and weak. Reject power and work towards true strength: self-sufficiency, acceptance, and wisdom.

>> No.913239

>>913208
Money is a consequence of power, not the reverse.
If you win at the lottery, you'll have no power at all.

>> No.913242

>>913222
>safely

Actually, you sound like a coward.

>> No.913252

>>913210
That's why you should throw away those comforts. Discard them and see if you can prove worthy of earning them for yourself. you'll be shocked at the sense of accomplishment.

>> No.913260

>>913242
Not really, I mean safely as in the sense of my opinions having at least an ounce of importance and without making me a pariah without any power.
If you go to people saying you hate them, you'll become nothing, you'll be able to tell them that when you're their boss.

>> No.913264

>>913228
Isn't making the world obey to your will the best thing one could wish ?

>> No.913285

>>913260
Even then, nobody will accept your opinions if they go against the grain. Society sets teh value of opinions; the further they are from the mainstream, the less value they have no matter WHERE they're coming from.

There is no completely "safe" position from which to preach anyway. Also, you're here, so you've got a good chunk of your pariah status already.

What do you hope to change? You think a mere opinion can change mankind? Think your opinion through and turn it into a legitimate philosophy and maybe then people will listen, but still only a small fraction of the populace.

>> No.913316

>>913285
I have absolutely no intention of changing society, but I won't tolerate being told what I have to do by people whom I consider incompetent.
You can't avoid that unless you're the one on top.
And of course there's no safe position from which to voice your opinions, but saying the wrong thing at the wrong time will bust your career, and I've got no will to do that.
(that is, until I'm done.)

>> No.913318

>>913264
Only if your interests are solely material. When you have everything, there is nothing left to strive for; you grow sedentary and bored. Nothing is new, nothing challenges you. Nobody would dare.

Even if someone did rise up against you, it shatters the concept of "ruling everyone". And once you crush your opponents, it's back to the same old routine.

Mankind is only truly happy when we are working toward something, when we have some sort of opposition to strive against.

>> No.913333

>>913318
I can still play RL chess with real people as pawns, fuck you.

>> No.913341

>>913316
Career? incompetence?

I sympathize, but effectively, EVERYONE is incompetent. There is no true "top", only a complex maze of loyalties and factions. The only true position that has nothing over you is one of pure independence.

The only way to escape the incompetence of others is to increase your independence and reject the structure we've built around us. Return to nature, and you will have your wish. It's the only way.

>> No.913364

I hate to be preachy, but you're gonna live one hell of a miserable life if you keep comparing yourself to other people.

Just worry about yourself.

Sage for blog thread.

>> No.913368

THIS THREAD IS NOT /JP/ RELATED, PLEASE REPORT

>> No.913373

>>913341
Unfortunately, I can't do something as simple, and I completely agree with the fact that there is no true top position, however, there are positions where one finds himself the least confronted to the limits imposed to him by others (other than being a recluse).
And of course,if I succeded, somebody would get annoyed at that old fart that I might become, judge me incompetent and try to take my place.
I'll give it a shot anyway.

>> No.913387

>>913074
Try not to think about it much.
Some people fight for power, some are born into it.

Look at Mozart he was writing his first songs at the age of 5 cause his dad pushed him and he had some talent.

Most scientists and scholars on the other hand tend to not be known at all until they at least breach 30.

>> No.913392

farts

>> No.913402

>>913387
An interesting example is how most civilised countries never have iportant policy makers under 40, and leaders under 50-60

>> No.913404

>>913387
An interesting example is how most civilised countries never have important policy makers under 40, and leaders under 50-60

>> No.913407

>>913373
By all means. Good luck.

Please take in mind that I don't advocate becoming a recluse when I say "become independent". I merely mean shaking off your reliance on others; it has nothing to do with sociability.

>> No.913431

>>913368
Ok.

Reported for crying too much.

>> No.913441

>>913407
Well, I maybe used the wrong word, I mostly meant those kind of "independent" jobs where you indeed suffer less from the pressure of society but where your accomplishments can be somewhat lower than what could be expected from another kind of life.
Being a recluse in the first sense of the word was however, also part of my intention as I posted, maybe I should've been more precise.
Thanks for the good luck, too, I'll be needing it.

>> No.913448

If you just want to be famous, that is no problem. Just reach out and seize it - assassinate a world leader or something like that.

>> No.913464

>>913448
-"Poster on an Image board assassinates President"
"Says he just needed some love"

I can totally see it now.

>> No.913481

>>913448
I agree that there's no significant difference between being famous and being infamous.

>> No.913492

Drew Barrymore was born about 2 months before me but unlike her I wasn't in MOTHERFUCKING E.T. when I was 7 years old. Why compare your life to people who have opportunities as children you and I never had?

Most (I would guess all) professional athletes had parents who gave a fuck about playing sports with them unlike mine, most actors and actresses were acting when they were barely old enough to shit on a toilet for themselves.

>> No.913509

>>913492
Well, if you have that state of mind, nothing stops you from giving it a try.
I remember of some football player who became a tennisman, the guy didn't have any experience to begin with but got to quite a level.
Youth doesn't determine everything in your life.
Try doing something.

>> No.913529

>>913492

But Drew Barrymore is a slut. Do you want to be a slut or a good girl?

>> No.913652
File: 154 KB, 523x4409, 1214693344553.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

op, look at the pic.

>> No.913693

>>913652
What are you trying to do, kill him?

>> No.914005
File: 18 KB, 160x120, 1214697442679.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>Nikolas Podolski

I think you're talking about Lukas Podolski.

>> No.914056

>>913693
NO IM WAKING HIM UP

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action