[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 75 KB, 1272x720, TouhouGensoMangekyoTheMemoriesofPhantasm_08..jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9123172 No.9123172 [Reply] [Original]

If Marisa were to become a youkai magician, how much would it actually matter?

>> No.9123174

Yes

>> No.9123180

Seven and a half

>> No.9123182

It would be important for AlixMari and it would be her reward for training magic so hard.

>> No.9123177

She'd lose heroine status and become the stage 6 boss of the new touhou games

>> No.9123179

She wouldn't be a main character anymore because they are all human (or half). Maybe she would be a support in a shot type for Reimu.

>> No.9123195

>>9123177
>>9123179
Human or not, doesn't she already act like a youkai though? As a human, she's singularly poorly adjusted. As a youkai, and a a formerly human one at that, she'd still be just as likely to help out, it seems.

>> No.9123235

how does one become a youkai?

is it like losing youre virginity?

>> No.9123239

>Marisa turns youkai
>Beats up/kills Reimu
>Beats up/kills Sanae
>Marries Koishi
>Becomes Queen of Gensokyo

That's why. Marisa isn't ready to become the queen yet.

>> No.9123244

>>9123235

Yeah, which is why /jp/ will never be a youkai

>> No.9123254

>>9123239
>>Marries Koishi
Please explain that.

>> No.9123256

>>9123239

>Marries Koishi

Yeah, no.

>> No.9123263

>>9123254
It's the only true Marisa pairing.

>> No.9123265

>>9123235
Well, if the fandom's LordByron!Marisa is right, then she's become one a long, long time ago. Lol.

>>9123239
Hmm? That's actually pretty interesting. If she could kill (or depose) Reimu, would she? It doesn't seem in character for her, but PC-98 Mari could still have that grudge...

Which brings up the question, just how powerful would she be?

>> No.9123266

>>9123263
Pairings aren't true.
I can respect if you are having fun with your shipping imaginations, but there are better places to discuss them.
Here on /jp/ they are frowned upon

>> No.9123269

>>9123265
Marisa and Reimu are like best buddies and have fights for fun all the time

>> No.9123274

>>9123266
Oh really? We had two decent ones last night, and are going to have some more later.

>>9123265
Marisa is about even with Reimu as it is, and we can only assume that becoming a youkai would make her even more powerful. The reason I was hesitant on going with just "kill Reimu" was because I don't think it's possible for Marisa to get powerful enough quick enough to be able to kill her. Wound her? Highly likely.

Marisa might do it so that Reimu doesn't end up getting herself killed because of her mortality.

>> No.9123286

>>9123274
>Oh really? We had two decent ones last night, and are going to have some more later.

Just because you got your friends here to samefag a thread up doesn't means that this extraordinary faggotry is tolerated on /jp/.
We have succesfully kept this part of the fandom out of /jp/ for years, so why don't you just be a good girl and get out?

>> No.9123289

>>9123286
I never knew those people, and still don't.

Besides, you can't kick me out because I'm a Primary.

>> No.9123306

>>9123289
Primary and secondary are terms which can't be taken serious, since there are secondaries who respect canon and are respectable members of /jp/ and there are primaries who use touhou as their own little faggotryplayground like you.

>> No.9123316

>>9123306
Oh, how are my ideas any worse than yours? I respect canon perfectly, and only base mine off of future events. I seem to be the better Touhou fan than you. I suggest you take your anger back to Le land, where it acceptable to be angry at non-canon no matter what.

>> No.9123320

>>9123274
>>9123269
Precisely. Besides, Marisa knows full well Reimu is what's keeping Gensokyo's barrier up. Marisa's side of that relationship wouldn't change. Would Reimu's though? She's a shrine maiden, after all.

>>9123286 and everyone else involved.
Don't come into this thread to argue, dipshits. Appreciate the finer things in /jp/ life, ignore the trolls.

>> No.9123332

>>9123289
>>9123316

Stop using the spoiler function incorrectly

>> No.9123334

>>9123316
My ideas are better than yours because I keep my ideas in my little gensokyo while you shove your faggotry into everyones face.

Look, I'm just trying to help you.
There are really much better places for discussing these kind of things.

>> No.9123339
File: 243 KB, 733x800, 27639069.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.9123342

>>9123332
Not until spoiler guy leaves.

>>9123334
>You shove your faggotry in everyone's face
How so? By sharing them? Get angrier.

>> No.9123356

>>9123342
You are sharing them here, a place where it is frowned upon and brush off any kind of criticism with the "lol u mad" argument.

>> No.9123366

>>9123356
How pathetic. Tell me, why can I not respond with such an argument when your arguments are not any better.

I am sharing them in a place where they're accepted by everyone but a vocal minority who will rage whenever they see it. If you don't like it, it's best you go fag around on the wiki and avoid everything else on the internet.

>> No.9123375 [DELETED] 

I swear, you guys -_-

>> No.9123381

>>9123375

:)

>> No.9123384

>>9123366
>I am sharing them in a place where they're accepted by everyone but a vocal minority who will rage whenever they see it. If you don't like it, it's best you go fag around on the wiki and avoid everything else on the internet

>wiki

Incorrect. We must keep that sanctioned ground holy for as long as we can. I think you meant to refer him to the wikia, which is a perfect conglomeration of trash.

I think this guy would fit in nicely.

>> No.9123386

>>9123366
Fine, talking with you in a reasonable way is pointless.

>> No.9123394
File: 262 KB, 782x700, 1287630878397.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9123384
Acceptable. I honestly get them confused since I use neither very often.
>>9123375
The quicker we can kick out psuedo-primary scum, the quicker we can get to real discussion. Get your priorities straight man!

>> No.9123414

It was fun Touhou thread.

>> No.9123416

>>9123394
We're all anon here. Let what the anon says determine whether it should gtfo or not. If it hasn't played the games, then it won't have much of anything of value to say, thus the problem solves itself.

Back ON TOPIC, how would Reimu react to this? Marisa might not change, but Reimu's side of the friendship might. It'd be tough on her for a while, at the very least.

>> No.9123422

>>9123416

Why is Raymoo so Raycist

>> No.9123429

>>9123416
She's friends with MANY youkai; Remilia, Suika, Yukari, and Aya at the very least. I doubt Marisa going youkai would affect her too badly, but it would probably make her more wary of her friend.

As I said earlier, Marisa might permanently wound Reimu so that it is impossible for Reimu to do her former line of work, and thus saving her from getting killed in the line of duty.

>> No.9123435

But Marisa is already a Youkai magician.

>> No.9123437

>>9123429
>As I said earlier, Marisa might permanently wound Reimu so that it is impossible for Reimu to do her former line of work, and thus saving her from getting killed in the line of duty.

As I said earlier, you are a fucking retard. Leave your idiotic fanon personalities out of any further discussion.

There is not a single instance of Marisa displaying any serious aggression towards Reimu. She might consider her her rival, but there is absolutely no way she would consider "permanently wounding" her.

Godddamn you are a piece of shit reject. Just shut the fuck up from now on.

>> No.9123450

>>9123437
Fuck you're stupid. Marisa has good intentions as it is, and turning into a youkai would alter her idea of good intentions. Seeing as how she would be quasi immortal, she would want to protect Reimu for as long as possible, and that means not letting her risk her life any more than she already is. It's not DBZ where she can just wish Reimu back alive.

Then there's the fact that Marisa might get persecuted for being a youkai. It is likely that Marisa will wound Reimu one way or another, whether it be out of necessity or out of protection.

>> No.9123461

>>9123450

Please stop posting, this is painful to watch.

>> No.9123466

>>9123416
>Let what the anon says determine whether it should gtfo or not. If it hasn't played the games, then it won't have much of anything of value to say, thus the problem solves itself.
Of course I'm a primary, but like I said earlier it is not of importance since you can be a faggot AND a primary.

Ok listen here.
Your talk about Marisa becoming a youkai and wounding or killing Reimu are nothing but the rambling of a 15 year old fangirl because even if Marisa was to become a youkai they would still settle arguments via danmaku battles.
Marisa might be stronger than Reimu then and beat her in a danmaku battle.
This happens all the time though because according to cola Marisa and Reimu have danmaku battles all the time, Reimu wins most of them which means that even as a human Marisa has a chance against Reimu.

How would her youkai status change anything?Her main motivation is power,by becoming a youkai she could grow older and focus even more on getting stronger.
I don't see any reason for her to cause an incident, and even if she does it would be harmless and resolved quickly just like any other incident

>> No.9123467

>>9123450
>It is likely that Marisa will wound Reimu one way or another, whether it be out of necessity or out of protection.
Man, where are you getting this shit from? You've been reading too many doujins.

>> No.9123487

>>9123450
> Marisa has good intentions as it is, and turning into a youkai would alter her idea of good intentions.

There is absolutely no possible way you can know this. Once again, you are applying your own fanon onto her actions.

It's fanon. That means you are being a fucking retard.

> Seeing as how she would be quasi immortal, she would want to protect Reimu for as long as possible

How can you possibly know this? Are you Marisa? How would the formerly human Marisa even possibly consider permanently injuring Reimu to be an act of "protection?" Alice is a former human, and her mindset didn't drastically change like that upon becoming youkai.

The only logical answer is that you are applying your own personal fanon onto Marisa's actions. That means you are being a fucking moron.

>It is likely that Marisa will wound Reimu one way or another, whether it be out of necessity or out of protection.

Fucking stupid. Danmaku is entirely nonlethal. There is no possible way Marisa would consider harming Reimu to "protect" herself. I've already debunked how idiotic it is for you to believe Marisa would personally injure Remiu to "protect her lifestyle," so you have nothing left.

Get back to elementary school, you piece of shit.

>> No.9123494

>>9123466
Danmaku might not be lethal, but we have canon evidence that they CAN wound someone. Of course, I wouldn't expect you to have beaten Mokou.

But Marisa as a human is already strong enough to defeat Reimu. As a youkai, she would be even stronger. Before EosD, people would DIE from the fights. Danmaku rules were put in to protect people, but they can still cause pain, and they can still visibly damage the body. Having that taken into account, Marisa could produce danmaku strong enough to be able to break bones, instead of just make giant bruises on people. She's not only a magician as it is, but an alchemist, and an alchemist that knows several really powerful youkai.

>> No.9123503

>>9123429
It would seem so. Her job is to fight youkai, (which she does all the time, both in the games and out) but Marisa and her already fight a hell of a lot anyway...

>>9123435
Now that's interesting. Just where IS this border between youkai and human?

>>9123466
See guys?

>> No.9123507 [DELETED] 

>>9123494

Stop using the spoiler function incorrectly

>> No.9123514

>>9123487
>There is absolutely no possible way you can know this.
Same goes to you.

>Alice is a former human, and her mindset didn't drastically change
You don't know this either. We know next to nothing about what she was like as a human compared to when she became a youkai. In fact, evidence points towards her disposition on everything changing.

>Nonlethal
Just because it can't kill doesn't mean it can't damage. It has physically bruised and wounded others before (Mokou, for example, talks about the bruises). Danmaku doesn't have to be lethal to make it so Reimu can no longer go into her line of work.

>> No.9123517

>>9123494
^How it's done.

>> No.9123522

>>9123517

Shitposting?

>> No.9123524

>>9123514
>>9123487
>>There is absolutely no possible way you can know this.
>Same goes to you.

So you both agree that neither of you know what you're talking about.

>> No.9123526

>>9123494
>Of course, I wouldn't expect you to have beaten Mokou.
Holy shit you are stupid.
Do you even know how danmaku battles work?
They have to announce the number of spellcards they use beforehand, and if they run out of spellcards they lose.
That's confirmed in pmiss.
Danmaku CAN be lethal if not dodged.
Moukou is immortal so she didn't bother dodging all that shit.Any other normal danmaku user will try to dodge and therefore survive the battle.That's the whole fucking point of spellcard battles.

Still don't believe me?
>If victorious against a human, you may not kill them.
Taken from http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Perfect_Memento_in_Strict_Sense/Draft_of_Spell_Card_Rules

So even if for some stupid fucking reason Marisas personality changes after becoming an youkai Reimu would not be killed or wounded enough to stop doing her duty since she is pretty much an expert when it comes to dodging.

Being a strong Youkai doesn't means that your danmaku becomes drastically stronger to a point where it is undodgeable since the point of danmaku is that you CAN dodge it

>> No.9123550

>>9123514
>Same goes to you.

Which is why it's fanon when you still choose to apply what you BELIEVE she would do. Hence, it's stupid. You are stupid.

>In fact, evidence points towards her disposition on everything changing.

A fair point, and one I'll give. However, this is the difference between PC-98, and windows. Trying to compare and mesh the two simply does not work.

>Danmaku doesn't have to be lethal to make it so Reimu can no longer go into her line of work.

I see you are not only an idiot, but you have no grasp of concepts, either.

Do you know what "permanently injuring" someone even is? A bruise is not permanent. Scuffs and scrapes are not permanent. Those are the things danmaku battles do.

They do not remove limbs, break bones, or cause anguish in any manner outside of temporary discomfort.

Try again, retard.

>> No.9123556

>>9123526
Killed, no, but wounded? Possibly.

>That entire first part
Way to miss the ENTIRE FUCKING POINT. Mokou acted like any other boss. She moved around a bit, used her spell cards, and was defeated. Later, she commented on how she was PHYSICALLY HURT by danmaku. It wasn't small scratches or cuts, either. It was giant bruises, all over her body. She can't be killed, but she can be wounded, and going by that logic, Reimu can be wounded as well. Her body is not as durable as a youkai's, a demi-god's, or an immortal's, so she is at risk of getting damaged.

And your point is? Marisa is almost as good, if not just as good, as Reimu at danmaku. As a youkai, it's likely Marisa would be strong enough to defeat Reimu, seeing as how Marisa can already beat Reimu every now and then.

>> No.9123592

>>9123556
But like I just said, it can't seriously injure Reimu since she will dodge it.
If she can't dodge it it's against the rules.

>> No.9123599 [DELETED] 

Think about the torn clothes after losing.
Also during IN extra Reimu said that she was gonna use lethal danmaku specifically for that battle, thing that makes me thing she usually doesn't use it along most other characters.

>Danmaku CAN be lethal if not dodged.
I think the whole point of danmaku is avoiding killing someone in a duel, isn't it?

>> No.9123603

Think about the torn clothes after losing.
Also during IN extra Reimu said that she was gonna use lethal danmaku specifically for that battle, think that makes me thing she usually doesn't use it along most other characters.

>Danmaku CAN be lethal if not dodged.
I think the whole point of danmaku is avoiding killing someone in a duel, isn't it?

>> No.9123606

Well, at least we're arguing on topic now.

On danmaku's lethality, of course, any one of these characters could make a lethal attack if they wanted to, but then it wouldn't be danmaku anymore, it'd just be a magical battle. Canon is not defined by what happens in the game, what happens in the game is defined by canon.

>> No.9123612
File: 19 KB, 480x360, marisasmilehappy.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

What if Marisa was your GIRLFRIEND?

>> No.9123615

>>9123603
Why the hell would you agree to a duel and just stand around then though?

>> No.9123692

Here's a thought: why must we accept that all combat in Touhou is proper, strictly rule-abiding danmaku?

>> No.9123707

>>9123692
Because then gensokyo would fall into it's old chaotic state again and everything would go out of balance

>> No.9123726
File: 137 KB, 974x627, marisa no fun.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.9123736

Why would Marisa cripple Reimu and leave her without a purpose in life?
And it'd be kind of sad that Reimu would be dying alone and not together with her best friend.

>> No.9123740

>>9123736
She wouldn't. Duh.

>> No.9123753

>>9123707
Just because one spell card happens to be a bit more dangerous than is generally accepted under spellcard rules? How goes your reasoning on this one? Surely a minor transgression here or there wouldn't shake the whole world.

>>9123726
I think most of the disruptive elements have lost interest. Such is /jp/

>> No.9123756

>>9123736
Don't mind these weird people who suddenly got here and make up weird theories and spread their shipping shit.
They will leave eventually

>> No.9123765

To go even further beyond etc. etc.

You know what? I'll dumb it down. Let's compare it to DBZ. Currently, Marisa is a saiyan. They have latent powers that can be unlocked, but how they are unlocked is unknown until they are unlocked. Goku, as a saiyan, was able to kick the shit out of Frieza until Mr. purple man started powering up and killed Krillin (AGAIN). Goku went ballistic and turned super saiyan, becoming strong enough to wound Frieza again (but not kill him). Frieza attacks Goku, even though Goku kicks his ass and spares him, and then Goku incapacitates him until Frieza is picked up by his father in space, and fixed up.

In this scenario, Marisa would be Goku, and Reimu would be Frieza. They're evenly matched right now, but Reimu and Marisa still have latent abilities they can pick up on, but it just so happens that Marisa's latent power (turning youkai) is stronger than Frieza's (getting stronger).

That being said, SSJ3 Marisa would kick the shit out of SSJ3 Gogeta.

>> No.9123816

Why does everyone assume that turning youkai would be some kind of super saiyan powerup? Maybe it just changes your nature and not your abilities. And it's supposed to be a gradual process, not BOOM - YOUKAI!

>> No.9123827

>>9123765
Get out.

>> No.9123840

>>9123816
I'm assuming this because of what happened to Alice. I never said it needed to be instant, though. Going Super Saiyan would be cool, though. Even if it is gradual, what would stop Reimu from pulling a Frieza and attacking Marisa? Frieza attacked Goku after Goku spared him because he couldn't stand the thought of losing to a saiyan. What if Marisa beat Reimu in a danmaku battle, and then had Reimu attack her? I'm not a huge fan of this happening, though. I kinda didn't enjoy Touhou Ball Z.

>> No.9123861

>>9123753
I would be careful with your transgressions, there is a big bad dragon god waiting to slap your shit if you don't follow the rules.

>> No.9123879

>>9123765
Kill yourself out of /jp/

>> No.9123881
File: 41 KB, 500x500, 1299357083452.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9123765

>> No.9123882

>>9123861
Not just him, but Yukari, the Watatsuki's, the Yama, Koishi (if you could motivate her), and Flandre could all slap Reimu's shit without spell card rules. Possibly even Yuuka, Suika, Yuugi, Kasen, and Seiga.

>> No.9123893

Yukari = Marisa = Maribel = Alice = Flandre = Rumia

Prove me wrong oh wait you can't.

>> No.9123901

>>9123316
>I seem to be the better Touhou fan than you.
Let's not act like little children here.

>> No.9123911

>>9123901
I was talking about the fact that I don't berate others for not believing in the same thing I do. I'm not a Christian, after all.

>> No.9123918

>>9123526
>If victorious against a human, you may not kill them.
Or may. Winners.

>> No.9123946

>>9123911
Nobody did this.He simply pointed out that this is not the place for your fanfantasies and that you should go to other websites.

>> No.9123977

>>9123893

Marisa and Reimu have different haircolors. Therefore, they are not the same.

Checkmate, Atheists.

>> No.9123986

>>9123911
>I don't berate others for not believing in the same thing I do.
Yes you do. You're just to ignorant to see it. Not only that, you post like a little child with constant variations of "umad" or "rage xD" in every subequent post and ironically enough, you tell someone else to go to reddit. You're not a better fan, you just have the fandom-mentality of a child. The sole fact that you just said something like "I seem to be the better Touhou fan than you," is quite expectant of the average obnoxious western Touhou fan, be it the faggots on YouTube or annoying canon crusaders.

>> No.9124004

>>9123986
I'm the canon crusader who he argued with initially.
Don't get me wrong, I couldn't care less if people ship characters or do other shit that you usually don't see on /jp/ as long as they stay out.
Live and let live.
But this guys simply appeared here and acted like they own the place even though they have been told to get out.

>> No.9124011

>>9123827
>>9123879
>>9123881
He had something kinda-sorta interesting to say. Prove to me that you guys have the right to call him out. I'm curious.

>>9123893
You may be right, but you can sure as hell make a good guess at it, and I'm guessing that Yukari > Rumia in most cases.

But there's another good point in there, that when we're dealing with people as powerful as Touhou characters in their potential to fuck up things all sudden like, it doesn't really matter how much more powerful one is than the other.

Anyway, we're talking about danmaku here. Marisa becoming a youkai would likely not affect her danmaku skills, only her abilities as a magician. I think it's safe to say that Alice, while likely much more powerful inherently than Marisa, is worse at danmaku.

>> No.9124020

>>9124011
Going by shit we've seen in games, who's the best at danmaku?

>> No.9124021

>>9124011
>You may be right
Not sure if reverse trolling..

>> No.9124024

>>9124004
What I meant by canon crusaders are those kinds of equally obnoxious people who force canon on others and simply do not let others have fun with some creativity or have their own interpretations of Gensokyo; the same ones who bitch about others secondaries, roleplaying, using creativity, having fun with Touhou, etc outside of /jp/.

>> No.9124034

>>9124024
I agree that speculation is usually fun, but canon crusaders come in handy when shippers get out of hand.

>> No.9124065

>>9123986
No. My premise is that I don't antagonize others unless they antagonize me. I called him angry once, and you buffoons start tu quoque'ing all over the place. And yes, I am a better fan. I accept all other points of view equally, even though I will nitpick out certain points, and I don't try to force my opinion on others. That's what being a good fan is.

>> No.9124066

>>9124034
If by getting out of hand you mean when they try to pass it off as canon to the point where ZUN intended it when quite obviously ZUN had no intention on it, then I would agree that it is too much. But if they are just shipping their pair and circlejerking amongst themselves, I would honestly not mind, but I find that not everyone here is as tolerant like that.

>> No.9124079

>>9124065
> But if they are just shipping their pair and circlejerking amongst themselves
I don't mind that either, just not here please.

>> No.9124081

>>9124020
Most likely Marisa or Reimu. Last we've heard is that Marisa broke even with Reimu, and we have no clues any further than that. It's possible that Marisa has the upperhand, and it's possible that Reimu does.

>> No.9124086

>>9124079
Meant to quote >>9124066

>> No.9124087

>>9124021
If you have to ask...

>>9124020
That's difficult to know for certain. We've seen formerly Stage 6 bosses appear as first stage bosses, so what's to say - strictly relying on what's in-game - that some other early-game bosses don't have a fuckton of potential? For that, we must rely on Perfect Memento and such.

>>9124034
>>9124024
It's just one big happy circle of unproductivity.

>> No.9124090

>>9124079
If you don't mind it, ignore it. It's not hard. This thread is purely speculation based, and raging at others for speculating on events that have yet to have happened, and thus canon has no jurisdiction on it, is a poor excuse.

>> No.9124095

>>9124081
According to Rinnosuke Reimu beats Marisa most of the time due to her homing patterns

>> No.9124100

>>9124090
Nobody wants it here though.
It's the first step to having "xD MARISA STOLE THE PRECIOUS THING" in here.
So just get out.

>> No.9124102

>>9124095
That was a while ago, though. Reimu wins more often, but Marisa still wins a hefty chunk of the time. Besides, it seems as if Marisa grows exponentially, whereas Reimu simply has a high growth rate, meaning that Marisa will surpass Reimu eventually (it might not be before Reimu dies, though).

>> No.9124108

>>9124100
No, it's not. You're using a slippery slope fallacy to justify raging at SPECULATION. That kind of behaviour is not tolerable on 4chan, and should kindly be removed to /bun/ or LEREDDIT. It seems as if more people are fine with it than there are people against it as well.

>> No.9124113

>>9124108
>It seems as if more people are fine with it than there are people against it as well.

Not really.
We kept shipping out of /jp/ for 4 years,
what makes you think that you can just bust in here and expect to be tolerated?

>> No.9124116

>>9124065
>And yes, I am a better fan.
And you keep telling yourself that, completely missing the point. You're not a bad fan because you ship something, or have some creativity, or speculate. In fact, it's a really good quality to be able enjoy Touhou fully. It's the fact that you act extremely immature and wave your "fandom rank" like some sort of status symbol that makes you quite insufferable.

>> No.9124120

>>9124113
We haven't been removed at all. You just refuse to acknowledge shippers' presence for the past couple of years. I'm pretty sure they've been around for far longer than I have, as I haven't seen a decline of shipping threads since UFO.

>> No.9124126

>>9124113
>We kept shipping out of /jp/ for 4 years

That's funny, because I've been here for the whole 4 years and have seen and even participated in countless shipping discussions.

>> No.9124129

>>9124120
I don't care if they are present, just don't make threads about it.
I have never seen a shipping thread here on /jp/ being well received and if you think that this is a proof for your statement you are being delusional

>> No.9124130

>>9124116
That's not what I'm doing, though. I don't rank myself above anyone besides the people who are immature and try to force other points of view out of question. When you have some ass hole unwilling to let live what is, then you have a bad fan. Then on the other hand you have fans that are tolerant of others, which are good fans. What this cholo doesn't realize is that Touhou is a gigantic franchise, in numbers of fans, which means that his opinions may vary from someone else's, and that leads to him trying to stop others from enjoying something. It doesn't matter if it's /jp/ or not, but that type of behaviour is malignant in it's purest form.

>> No.9124140

>>9124130
Like I said, I don't give a shit what you do but just don't do it here.
Trust me, nobody wants you here

>> No.9124142

>>9124140
And this is why I called you cancerous. I don't care if you don't like speculation, just keep your whining out of a speculation thread. Trust me, nobody wants you here.

>> No.9124156

>>9124142
Damn, did you even read this thread?

>> No.9124161

>>9124156
I've been in it the entire time.

http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/tu-quoque

>> No.9124174

>>9124161
You must be pretty dense then.
Do you not realize that most of the replies to you have been negatively except for the OP, who is probally you or one of your friends.

>> No.9124171

>>9124161
I fucking knew a website like this would pop up sooner or later, and I'm every bit annoyed as I thought I would be.

>> No.9124181

>>9124161

Jesus, ever since the embedded fonts boom, Museo has been everywhere. I feel sorry for exljbris because it's a good font, but it's going to turn into his Comic Sans.

>> No.9124183

Be the change, guys. Be the change, because in a place like this, where even the mods have limited power, it's the only way to get things done.

As far as speculation goes, it's all good and well so long as there's a clear distinction between what's canon and what's fanon. ITT, I was hoping for fun and reasonably thoughtful speculation, canon coming up when called for, fanon when its implications were interesting. ...well, that just goes to show you how new I am here I guess. 私って・・・本当ばか。

>> No.9124187

>>9124174
I don't know OP, and most of the negative responses were from one or two guys trying to harass others out.

>>9124171
I don't like it either, but it helps me remember how to spell tu quoque on the off chance I forget how to. They had to shove that one in because everyone was going around yelling "FALLACY! YOUR ARGUMENT IS WRONG."

>> No.9124191

>>9124174
I haven't the faintest who that guy is. I'm just nice by default. Weird shit, right?

>> No.9124194

>>9124191
Nice, but overly naive. If you don't defend your ideals, you will have none. They came for the communists etc. etc.

>> No.9124211

>>9124191
Oh believe me, I do. It's just that my ideals have nothing the hell to do with little girls blasting each other with magic. I'm a philosophy major: ideals are what I do. But right now, I'm just trying to keep the thread from going off the rails.

Aaaaanyway I'm done here. Do what you want with the thread, I got a good day's entertainment from it. I'm working on a homebrewed tabletop RPG for Touhou, and I wanted to get some more perspectives on how the dynamic between magician, youkai, and humans worked.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action