[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 72 KB, 692x659, Videos-Naruto-shippuden.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9061590 No.9061590[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

WTF is wrong with disney, is it just me or does it look like they just stole "Hotaru no Hikari" the shalala opening from naruto shippuden
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rVa7g7sby0&feature=related
thats from disney... cmon they're complaining that they want to stop internet piracy, and they use a REALLY similar if not the same music.

>> No.9061597

It's funny because Disney have (successfully) appealed for the lengthening of copyright term multiple times, yet their own classic works were taken from public domain stories (many of which wouldn't have been public domain if copyright worked as it does now).

Disney are scum. If you have kids, show them the classic Disney stuff, then wean them onto Ghibli. Don't support this corporate thieving bullshite.

>> No.9061605

brah, i have no idea what you're talking about.
disney? naruto?

>> No.9061602

Isn't a mash-up when some third-party takes two unrelated songs and mixes them together? Is it really a mash-up if a company takes two of its own songs, and makes a third song from those two? Feels more like recycling.

>> No.9061610

>>9061605
OXYGEN

WOTS DAT

IM A TRUNEET WHO DONT NEED NO COMMON KNOWLEDGE

>> No.9061621

>>9061610
frustrated much?

>> No.9061624

>>9061602
A mashup is a mix of two songs, who does it and the source of the music doesn't really come into defining as something as a ``mashup''.

>> No.9061628

They sound kind of similar. The Disney song is just pop trash, though.

>> No.9061629

>>9061624
I suppose. This just doesn't make sense to me.

The Pet Shop Boys are my favourite group ever, but 60% of their released material is remixes. Most of the remixes incorporate elements of two or more songs. Are those mash-ups? Can you mash-up your own songs?

>> No.9061655

>>9061629
You could call most remixes a mashup, if they incorporate other songs. Generally the term is used when it is just two songs and only elements from those songs included. Like, no other samples or effects. I don't know. It's a loosely defined term. I don't see why the term couldn't be used when refering to a song made up of two songs by the same artist, produced by that artist.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action