[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 59 KB, 600x400, 1331694449349626.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8957251 No.8957251 [Reply] [Original]

Does /jp/ not like lolcats?

Now, I know that those can annoy some people, but I think they are really funny. I think that people shouldn't take them too seriously.

If people enjoyed life more, then there would be less hate in the world.

>> No.8957262

You can't make something /jp/ related just by asking how we feel about it.

>> No.8957266
File: 19 KB, 300x250, super cat.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I prefer Italian Super Cats.

>> No.8957267

Everyone likes silly cat pictures.

>> No.8957264

I actually love them. I never stopped liking them just because the rest of the internet started. The main things that bug me are:
Stupid 13-year-olds commenting on them (though that applies to anything).
Watermarks.
Misunderstandings of how they "work".
All the websites that have capitalized on them. I remember when they first took off on /b/, some guy had them hosted on his personal webspace (I think it began with a ~username/ directory). It was running some PHP/Perl gallery software and had a caption like "pictures of cats on the internet" or something. Anyone remember this?

>> No.8957293

The reason I ask because everytime I have tried to sneak in a cat picture people have tried to flame me and go back to /a/. I have never posted there and I love /jp/.

>> No.8957299

No, why would I like things that normals have their hands over?

McDonalds uses the term "epic fail" in a training video. It's the same sort of thing.

>> No.8957341

>>8957299
>McDonalds uses the term "epic fail" in a training video. It's the same sort of thing.
I don't know why this bothers me, but it does.

I was reading up on the whole Star Wars original trilogy fiasco when I came across some interview on G4. All I knew about it was that it was some gamer network, and the website had stupid catchphrases like "i can haz videos?" and "DO NOT WANT!!!" everywhere.
If these were in all caps Impact on top of a cat picture made by some 16-year-old /b/tard with a pirated copy of Photoshop, I would have no problem with it. The fact that they were on some website like this and twentysomething "gamers" would be giggling their tits off at these zany memes irritated me a little.

>> No.8959455

>>8957266
> Real

>> No.8959573

>>8957341
It bothers you because it reveals the true face of many of those who post online today; the unskilled, uneducated, and insipid.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action