[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 156 KB, 364x384, Th128Cirno[1].png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8929768 No.8929768 [Reply] [Original]

Eye am making a Touhou RPG in VX Ace.

Any advice?

>> No.8929784

Don't put any bakas in it.

>> No.8929799

Is VX Ace out already?
Been waiting for it.

>> No.8929807

>>8929799
it sure is

>> No.8929826

Don't release what you wouldn't play

>> No.8929830

How about a horror based touhou game?
I would play that.

>> No.8929838

>>8929826
Nobody is that dumb I hope!

>>8929830
This sounds cool but I am going more comedic for my first attempt

and by comedic I mean "actual lighthearted touhou silliness", not "retardedly long cutscenes where 4th wall breaking is beaten to death"

Blizzard of Whatever made me pretty unimpressed

>> No.8929887

Random advices regarding contents of the game.
1: Put as many playable characters as you can. Try to make some of them secrets and make that you can change between chars who are prepared to fight whenever you want or at save points.
2: Don't hesitate on getting inspiration (in characters metagame) of characters/enemies from classics RPGs that can fit with the girl/enemies.
3: Don't forget to put an enemy (or a boss) who can be killed with the item that is used to revive (it's realy classy)
4: Don't forget to put a primary healer and secondary healer.
5: Try to be old school as possible.
6: Bitches loves old School.
7: Try to create sidequests. Even some sidequests that you can only do in specifics moments of the history.
8: Use jokes. But the game's story must be serious.
9: A love story is always welcome in RPGs.
10: Put a more advanced civilization near the final hours of the game. Being a Touhou like RPG... Lunarians are probably fine. They don't even need to be necessary for the story progression. it can be an extra and secret World/Dungeon.

>> No.8929916

If this is your first time, try to emulate a game mechanic and fuse it with touhou, like GoS.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action