[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 231 KB, 800x600, Ryouko Tanbo.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8911540 No.8911540 [Reply] [Original]

Okay /jp/, I'd like to think we're all reasonably intelligent people here, although you couldn't tell from by the amount of people pondering the smell of Marisa's ass on the front page at any given time. I figure also that, given our distance from the real world, we can take a pretty objective look at life and people.

For my psychology thesis, I'm going to be studying you lot. I'm here to drag you kicking and screaming out of the basement for a moment and ask you to describe the world around you. This is now your chance to bitch without being called a faggot. Not by me, anyway; /jp/ is as /jp/ does.

So, some questions. Answer as many as you want; be as honest and as graphic as you like, but do try and be honest. I will be taking all replies into account, so I'd appreciate your thoughts if you've nothing better to do or you just want to put off your kanji reps:

- If you are willing to write your age, gender and or nationality, may you do so?
- Upon first viewing /jp/, what encouraged you to come back a second time? Has this changed since you began to frequent it, and if so, what do you now frequent /jp/ for?
- What, to your knowledge, was the FIRST Japanese product across any media platform (VN, LN, manga, anime, danmaku, etc.) to interest you? Why?
- Are you religious, or do you follow any mental rituals / OCD habits?
- Do you have any social or work related phobias or suffer from autism spectrum disorders? Please state the severity if so.
- Would you describe yourself as 'an individual'?

(cont.)

>> No.8911545

no

>> No.8911550

>For my psychology thesis
Blablablabal enjoy your pseudoscience

>> No.8911546
File: 206 KB, 800x600, Ryouko Tanbo 2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

- Do you have a waifu / husbando? If so, please post your favourite picture of them and what it is you love about them.
- If you have a waifu / husbando, do you picture them sexually or non-sexually? How would you feel when if others claimed the same waifu / husbando as you?
- What is your opinion of the opposite sex to yours? and do they interest you at all? Would you describe yourself as 'settling for animated replacements', or do you believe that animated characters are superior?
- What is your most recurrent fantasy? Is it sexual or nonsexual? Please be descriptive.
- In expressly sexual fantasies, do you envisage yourself as a fundamental part of that fantasy? Are you a distant onlooker? Are you not conscious of your own presence during the fantasy? Please be descriptive as to what this fantasy involves.
- Do you feel women, specifically, are negatively represented on /jp/? Would you change this if given the ability?
- What is your opinion of loli? Do these opinions apply to children you see in real life?
- Do you believe consensual romantic or sexual relations between adults and children are possible?
- Do you hope to become a parent or carer at some point in your life? If you are already, or your job involves the care of children, what aspect of this do your enjoy or find rewarding?
- Are you a motivated person? Have you ever suffered from clincally disagnosed depression, bipolarity or schizophrenia?
- Finally, are you happy with your life currently? What are your plans for the future, if any?

Thanks to anyone who takes this seriously. My hope is only to understand you all better and give you all a sense of representation.

>> No.8911557

no thx

>> No.8911558
File: 223 KB, 800x600, Tanbo 3.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8911545

That was naughty of you.

>> No.8911554

I don't remember, did she survive in any ending?

>> No.8911560
File: 269 KB, 655x586, 1330920615673.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Nice try.

>> No.8911561

/jp/ does not need a survey thread as well as all the shit on the front page, reported.

>> No.8911566

>>8911554
In one she explicitly dies. In the other, the implication is that she will eventually finish mutating and die.

>> No.8911573

I remember when I used to be part of a self-harm support forum and we would always get faggots coming into IRC and asking us questions for their psychology papers.
We don't have to do shit for you, and you are not helping us in any way.

>> No.8911578

im fukin ur mum op

>> No.8911590

what the fuck I ain't answering all this shit

>> No.8911598

Sounds pretty shitty to me

22/F/ABC
Visual Novels, no, still visual novels
Video games. Because final fantasy is the shit.
No, No
None
Yes
No, but I have a handful of favorite characters
N/A
Not that much different aside from genitals. Sure but not a big deal. Animated characters are cuter, but they're made to be that way. It's like swooning over a barbie doll.
What's a fantasy, like a dream? Nonsexual, I want to go study psychology and music performance after I finish college.
N/A
Not really.
Cute, but usually annoying. No relation to real life.
Probably
No, only if my partner wants one. I'm leaving it open in case I change my mind when I get older though.
Somewhat, no
Yes, find a job after college, go back to school, then we'll see what happens after that

>> No.8911601

>>8911566
Oh right. Shame. When I first started playing it I was hoping to get to her arc.

>> No.8911606

OP you really should have made this an online form or something.

>> No.8911611

As someone who dropped out from psychology/statistics, I don't know where to begin telling you what's wrong with this survey.

>> No.8911612

>>8911606
Yes, I would have at least considered it if he did.

>> No.8911618

tl;dr

>> No.8911620
File: 53 KB, 392x500, 1332620145890.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.8911622

>>8911606
I agree, not to mention he doesn't seem to know any survey 101

>> No.8911635

Do this on the text boards or something. You will get more responses and people have done it before.

Anyone remember the MIT "Chanthropology" thing from last year? That was pretty funny.

>> No.8911637

I'll bite since I'm currently putting off a paper of my own.

>If you are willing to write your age, gender and or nationality, may you do so?
24 years old, Male, Caucasian
>Upon first viewing /jp/, what encouraged you to come back a second time? Has this changed since you began to frequent it, and if so, what do you now frequent /jp/ for?
Came for the VNTS, stayed for the diaper heads
>What, to your knowledge, was the FIRST Japanese product across any media platform (VN, LN, manga, anime, danmaku, etc.) to interest you? Why?
Cowboy Bebop. A friend showed me a few episodes and I enjoyed it, so I decided to dig a bit deeper.
>Are you religious, or do you follow any mental rituals / OCD habits?
No to all of the above. I surprised even myself on the OCD bit, but I really couldn't think of anything off the top of my head that would classify me that way, at least no more so than anyone else.
>Do you have any social or work related phobias or suffer from autism spectrum disorders? Please state the severity if so.
I guess I have mild social phobias, relatively normal shit though. I dread establishing social contacts through work or whatever else, but I usually just bite the bullet and force myself through it, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't typically better off for it.
>Would you describe yourself as 'an individual'?
I am a product of my collective surroundings, molded into something like an individual.

>> No.8911645

>>8911573
Every other thread these days is one bitching. I don't see why you can't at least do it here.
>>8911590
You don't have to answer everything, and I don't expect people to. You're free to answer anything you want or nothing at all. If /jp/ doesn't want this thread and it sinks of its own volition, I shall simply go elsewhere - the folks at Tohno-chan, for example, love these kinds of things.
>>8911598
Well, thank you in any case.
>>8911622
I must've forgotten when /jp/ became experts at survey construction.

>> No.8911665

>>8911645
art thou furious?

>> No.8911668

>>8911665
Wow, you are trolling the SHIT out of him!

Do you give lessons?

>> No.8911671

>>8911645
I'M NOT TELLING LOSER!

>> No.8911679

>the folks at Tohno-chan
Speaking of which, I just saw tohno, didn't bother to check if the trip was legit though. Coupled with the kuroko spammer, somehow I have a feeling they have something to do with the spam just now.

>> No.8911680

>>8911679
I thought he killed himself

>> No.8911681

>>8911637
Thanks! As I'm sure you'll know yourself, it can be pretty hard getting serious responses and I appreciate your input
>>8911665
No, I cure it. Or rather, I should say, I'm hoping to branch off into psychotherapy at some point. You should try it, it's great fun.

>> No.8911691

>>8911679
They used to shitup chans together, so it's not surprising if they are now.

>> No.8911698

>>8911645
>I shall simply go elsewhere - the folks at Tohno-chan, for example, love these kinds of things
Trying to lure us into doing the survey now aren't you.

>> No.8911707

>>8911668
I ask the same, are you angry too?

>> No.8911724
File: 234 KB, 800x600, Tanbo 7.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8911698
Bunch of self-obsessed bastards over there, let me tell 'ya.

>> No.8911732

You should probably use one of thoes google document survey things or whatever.

>> No.8911739

Seriously though, why couldn't you make a form, or condense your questions. Soliciting me into joining a religion would be easier than this.

>> No.8911754

>>8911637
>Do you have a waifu / husbando? If so, please post your favourite picture of them and what it is you love about them.
No, I like any number of characters from various media, but never to that sort of extent. I'm not necessarily in opposition of the idea.
>What is your opinion of the opposite sex to yours? and do they interest you at all? Would you describe yourself as 'settling for animated replacements', or do you believe that animated characters are superior?
I've had my fair share of issues with the opposite sex, but at the end of that day I doubt many can really say that they haven't. For that matter, I've had (different) issues with members of my own sex as well, and I'd say that both males and females have an equally inherent likelihood of being fucked up that isn't dictated by something like gender. 'Settling for animated replacements' doesn't quite fit for me, I'd say both reality and fantasy serve a legitimate purpose although I typically find myself with a lot more of one than the other.
>What is your most recurrent fantasy? Is it sexual or nonsexual? Please be descriptive.
Likewise, I have any number of fantasies, none of which particularly strike me as any more recurrent or even relevant than another. Sorry if this sounds like a cop-out, but it's the truth.
>In expressly sexual fantasies, do you envisage yourself as a fundamental part of that fantasy? Are you a distant onlooker? Are you not conscious of your own presence during the fantasy? Please be descriptive as to what this fantasy involves.
I am typically a fundamental part of the fantasy. I am conscious of my own presence, but there's more emphasis on the other(s) involved in the fantasies and their specific reactions/feelings regarding what's going on.

>> No.8911765

>>8911739
I'll admit I didn't think much about it. Usually surveys are handouts, or I record real interview transcriptions.

Seriously though, don't pretend you have anything better to do.

>> No.8911767

>>8911754
>>8911637
>Do you feel women, specifically, are negatively represented on /jp/? Would you change this if given the ability?
Somewhat, yes. I wouldn't change it because it's entertaining in a number of ways.
>What is your opinion of loli? Do these opinions apply to children you see in real life?
I don't know, man. I'm not a pedophile, but art is art and each piece deserves to be evaluated on the basis of its own merits. Some of those pieces might depict targets that look decidedly younger than moral standards would dictate, but the purpose of that is to provide for aforementioned "fantasy", not to project the fantasy onto real life.
>Do you believe consensual romantic or sexual relations between adults and children are possible?
No. Fuck if I knew what I was doing when I was 13.
>Do you hope to become a parent or carer at some point in your life? If you are already, or your job involves the care of children, what aspect of this do your enjoy or find rewarding?
Parent - No, Career - Maybe, depending on if I find something I can enjoy or at least tolerate over the long term. Actually, it's not even so much a matter of finding something, it's having good enough fortune to land something
>Are you a motivated person? Have you ever suffered from clincally disagnosed depression, bipolarity or schizophrenia?
I've never been diagnosed with any mental disorders. I am not particularly motivated when it comes to drudgery, but when the chips are down I get shit done when it needs to.
>Finally, are you happy with your life currently? What are your plans for the future, if any?
I'm happier than I've been, which isn't saying much but it's more than nothing. My only plans are for the immediate future, which involve a plan I mapped to finish grad school in another year or so. After that it's a toss-up.

>> No.8911812

>>8911767
To be honest I expected a lot of non-involvement, hence the large amount of questions. You've given me a lot to work with, so you have my gratitude.

>> No.8911822

>>8911812
No problem, I had to do something similar for some of my sociology classes.

Best of luck on your thesis.

>> No.8911826
File: 347 KB, 558x789, 1334323138670.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Not only is this thread not about SnU and shotgun women, it's not about Marisa's odor either. Worthless, really.

>> No.8911834

>- If you are willing to write your age, gender and or nationality, may you do so?
27, MtF, American
>- Upon first viewing /jp/, what encouraged you to come back a second time? Has this changed since you began to frequent it, and if so, what do you now frequent /jp/ for?
Touhou topics, particularly stuff about the SDM characters and links to good manga
>- What, to your knowledge, was the FIRST Japanese product across any media platform (VN, LN, manga, anime, danmaku, etc.) to interest you? Why?
anime, a friend showed me some in college (I had a very narrow set of experiences prior to that) and it was fun. Plus it way a good way to hang out with them without having to really socialize
>- Are you religious, or do you follow any mental rituals / OCD habits?
Nichiren Buddhist
>- Do you have any social or work related phobias or suffer from autism spectrum disorders? Please state the severity if so.
No, but people have said to my face I'm off putting because I lack empathy
>- Would you describe yourself as 'an individual'?
I'm not sure what I am really
>- Do you have a waifu / husbando? If so, please post your favourite picture of them and what it is you love about them.
Not really
>- What is your opinion of the opposite sex to yours? and do they interest you at all? Would you describe yourself as 'settling for animated replacements', or do you believe that animated characters are superior?
Guys are gross, women are lovely. Animated stuff has never been a replacement, simply an enjoyable diversion

>> No.8911856

>>8911598
>>8911637
>>8911754
>>8911767
>>8911834
God damn it.

>> No.8911870

>>8911834
cont.
>- What is your most recurrent fantasy? Is it sexual or nonsexual? Please be descriptive.
My latest has been inflicting various kinds of violence on people, the idea of throwing someone in a wood chipper particularly. Not that I'd act on it of course
>- In expressly sexual fantasies, do you envisage yourself as a fundamental part of that fantasy? Are you a distant onlooker? Are you not conscious of your own presence during the fantasy? Please be descriptive as to what this fantasy involves.
I imagine I'm one of the people involved in the sex in my fantasies yeah, mostly on the receiving end. Usually it's with dickgirls/other traps.
>- Do you feel women, specifically, are negatively represented on /jp/? Would you change this if given the ability?
Yes and yes
>- What is your opinion of loli? Do these opinions apply to children you see in real life?
it's not my thing, but it's ok. Children IRL are loud and annoying, lolis are more demure and mature in attitude
>- Do you believe consensual romantic or sexual relations between adults and children are possible?
Not for most definitions of child, no
>- Do you hope to become a parent or carer at some point in your life? If you are already, or your job involves the care of children, what aspect of this do your enjoy or find rewarding?
I hate children, so no
>- Are you a motivated person? Have you ever suffered from clincally disagnosed depression, bipolarity or schizophrenia?
I'm fairly motivated. None of those disorders.
>- Finally, are you happy with your life currently? What are your plans for the future, if any?
I'm not sure anymore. It's alright. I hope to get my career started, move back to San Fransisco and just live my life. Maybe go back to school in a few years after I've established myself

>> No.8911887

I'll answer some because I literally have nothing better to do

>If you are willing to write your age, gender and or nationality, may you do so?
-White male

>Upon first viewing /jp/, what encouraged you to come back a second time? Has this changed since you began to frequent it, and if so, what do you now frequent /jp/ for?
-Touhou

What, to your knowledge, was the FIRST Japanese product across any media platform (VN, LN, manga, anime, danmaku, etc.) to interest you? Why?
-Anime

Are you religious, or do you follow any mental rituals / OCD habits?
-I'm "spiritual" but I don't follow any rituals

>- What is your opinion of the opposite sex to yours? and do they interest you at all? Would you describe yourself as 'settling for animated replacements', or do you believe that animated characters are superior?
-No interest in sex, 2d is better

>What is your most recurrent fantasy? Is it sexual or nonsexual? Please be descriptive.
-Nonsexual, and can be summarised simply as living in Gensokyo

>- In expressly sexual fantasies, do you envisage yourself as a fundamental part of that fantasy? Are you a distant onlooker? Are you not conscious of your own presence during the fantasy? Please be descriptive as to what this fantasy involves.
-I am a fundamental part

>Do you hope to become a parent or carer at some point in your life? If you are already, or your job involves the care of children, what aspect of this do your enjoy or find rewarding?
-I'm not fit nor do I want to take care of kids

>- Finally, are you happy with your life currently? What are your plans for the future, if any?
-I'm ambivalent about my current life. My plan for the future is to be happy.

>> No.8911892

22/Male/USA
- Upon first viewing /jp/, what encouraged you to come back a second time? Has this changed since you began to frequent it, and if so, what do you now frequent /jp/ for?
I have been here since the beginning. I post here because of the general otherworldlyness of it and I enjoy VNs and other otaku things.
- What, to your knowledge, was the FIRST Japanese product across any media platform (VN, LN, manga, anime, danmaku, etc.) to interest you? Why?
Sailor Moon, I thought she was hot.
Not religious. I do bathe 2-3 times a day and I wash my hands 10 times a day.
- Do you have any social or work related phobias or suffer from autism spectrum disorders?Please state the severity if so.
Anything I have is undiagnosed, I am not qualified to give any self diagnoses. I was once called a sociopath by my guidance counselor in elementary school,
- Would you describe yourself as 'an individual'?
Yes, an individual who seeks knowledge, pleasure, and understanding.

>> No.8911900

- 23, female, USA
- Boredom, I guess? I usually come to talk about VNs though, not really into Touhou.
- Anime. I was really young, so I'm not totally sure but I think it was mostly that the visual style appealed to me.
- Nope.
- Not that I know of.
- Yes?
- No, not yet at least.
- n/a
- Pretty negative. No matter how nice they act in public/on the surface they almost all seem to be misogynistic asshats deep down. As far as interest goes, if you mean sexually, not really; I'm asexual. I think qualifying animated characters as "superior" to real people is kind of a silly sentiment to begin with––it's apples and oranges.
- Probably going to space or something to that effect.
- Dunno, I don't think I sit down and explicitly fantasize about sex enough for there to be much of a pattern. I'm lazy so I mostly just consume that type of material rather than imagine it.
- Yeah, but I'm honestly not sure if it's much worse than the rest of the internet. Sure.
- It's 2D so whatever. I'm not particularly into it myself. No, in the 3D world that shit is disgusting and reprehensible.
- No.
- Maybe sometime in the future, but I can't imagine it anytime soon.
- Mildly. No.
- Not really. Planning to move out of my parents' house in a couple weeks and figure out what the fuck I want to do with my life.

>> No.8911912
File: 203 KB, 800x600, Tanbo 8.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8911856
What's the matter, exactly?
>>8911870
>>8911887
>>8911892
I thank all three of you very much for your time.

>> No.8911916

Public service announcement~

/jp/ is well known as a board that pretends to be females online for the various benefits it reaps. If you are just visiting, or new, keep this in mind when you read this thread.

>> No.8911921

>>8911765
Just tell me that you're a badass green-haired psychologist in real life so that I can have my fantasy

-22/M/European-Caucasian
-Hobbies/odd behaviour of posters - >Has this changed.. -more or less/still the same reasons
-Manga/was introduced to it the first
-No
-No
-Yes
-Yes/Not comfortable posting her picture/Her personality
-Yes/Uneasy, sometimes jealous
-Shallow answer is "good for sex appeal", probably because I've rarely met females whom I deem interesting/Besides hormonal reason, not really/Yes, yes
-Surviving death, reborn with memories and wisdom from past life. Could sometimes be sexual
-Yes/No/Yes. Fantasy usually involves a consensual relationship
-No
-Yes/Yes, but not always
-Yes
No
No/I don't diagnose myself
Not really - no/Plan is to go where life takes me

>> No.8911947

>>8911892
- Do you have a waifu / husbando? If so, please post your favourite picture of them and what it is you love about them.
I love 2D in general. I get obsessed with a particular girl every 2-4 weeks. After my obsession dies down I move on.
- If you have a waifu / husbando, do you picture them sexually or non-sexually? How would you feel when if others claimed the same waifu / husbando as you?
I enjoy them on a non-sexual level most of the times I imagine rejecting them or physically abusing them. I don;t derive sexual pleasure from it. I don't care how other people live their delusions.
- What is your opinion of the opposite sex to yours? and do they interest you at all? Would you describe yourself as 'settling for animated replacements', or do you believe that animated characters are superior?
- What is your most recurrent fantasy? Is it sexual or nonsexual? Please be descriptive.
- In expressly sexual fantasies, do you envisage yourself as a fundamental part of that fantasy? Are you a distant onlooker? Are you not conscious of your own presence during the fantasy? Please be descriptive as to what this fantasy involves.
- Do you feel women, specifically, are negatively represented on /jp/? Would you change this if given the ability?
- What is your opinion of loli? Do these opinions apply to children you see in real life?
- Do you believe consensual romantic or sexual relations between adults and children are possible?
I don't think it is possible for me to be with someone, I am too far into my own world most of the time.

>> No.8911955
File: 193 KB, 599x797, 1323906051157.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8911949

11. I am typically involved in the fantasy, somehow.
12. Yes. No.
13. I like it, and I don't see it as pedophilia. I don't believe they apply in real life as real children aren't hyper sexualized as they are in doujinshi. All girls and boys don't secretly want to be stuffed with cocks, as seems to be common.
14. No, I don't think children can properly grasp the concepts of love, forethought, and commitment that would be necessary in a sexual or romantic relationship.
15. Sort of. I see cool kids in anime and manga like Rin from Usagi Drop, but I'd have to get married. I see getting married and having kids as a threat to my lifestyle, so I don't intend to any time soon.
16. No, unless it is something I enjoy doing. And even then, I'm not particularly motivated to do much of anything. I've never gone to the doctor for any of those, but I'm fairly sure that if I'm not depressed now, I've been depressed, and that I may be schizphrenic since I sometimes think I see or hear things.
17. I can't say I'm happy or sad. I just want to finish these last two weeks of high school and be done. I don't want to go to college, because it's just another three years of being bored. I just want to get a job with a reasonable amount of down time so I can enjoy my hobbies at home. I want to be a high school history teacher, because I like history, and 3 months off for the year is pretty neat. I'll live in a humble little house, go to work, come home and do what I always do.

>> No.8911949
File: 376 KB, 840x840, 1323714071028.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

1. 18, Male, USA
2. I noticed Touhou the first time, but didn't come back until I started becoming interested in it more. No, it's more or less the same.
3. Pokemon as a child, probably. But the first thing that got me into it as of now was some Lucky Star flashes on /f/, which then got me into anime, and got me into other things. And here I am.
4. No, not really.
5. I couldn't really call it a phobia or social disorder, but I'm not comfortable being in public or away from my room for an extended period of time. I don't like talking to people because I find myself unable to figure out how to take the conversation further and I panic.
6. Yeah, I would. I keep to myself as much as I can, the most socializing I do is on 4chan, and then talking to a few friends on IM.
7. No. I can see, and do, appreciate characters that I can really relate to (like Nitori, we're both shy and like technology) but I wouldn't go so far as to call them my waifu. I just have a strong addoration for them.
8. n/a
9. I'm indifferent. I have a distrust not just for females, but also for males, so it's not exclusive or anything. Some interest me, but none that I know personally. And I Believe 2D is better only because it is made to be idyllic with few negatives. Unless, of course, that character isn't portrayed that way.
10. Can't say I've had one. But I have had dreams that have occured in the same place with different events, I don't recall them though. I just remember halfway through the dream. It doesn't help that I usually realize I'm dreaming and can do whatever.

>> No.8911960

>>8911540
Well, I have nothing better to do, so sure.

19 / Male / English

I don't really remember, I mostly come here for the VN threads

I guess it was probably Dragon Ball Z. As for why, just because I was a kid so superpowers and shit were sugoi to me back then. I didn't really get into anime until I watched Rurouni Kenshin a few years later though.

I don't consider myself to be religious, and I don't really have any OCD rituals. I guess I wash my hands more than necessary, but that's all really.

I'm no good with social situations, perhaps my biggest downfall is my inability to make eye contact when talking to people. I'm not autistic though, I'm just not very confident.

Yes.

>>8911546
No.

N/A

I'm interested in the opposite sex, but the thought of being in a relationship sounds like more hassle than it's worth. I've been in a few in the past, but never anything serious.

I don't really have one.

I don't ever really imagine myself as a part of those fantasies, I'm usually not present in them.

I don't really pay any attention, and I don't really care.

I have no interest in it, and I have negative opinions of those who do.

No.

I haven't thought a whole lot about being a parent, but I would hate to be a carer.

I'm about as unmotivated as they come. Once diagnosed with depression, although I had really bad social anxiety and paranoia at the time so I stopped seeing my doctor/psychiatrist/whatever. My depression sort of went away on its own, although it seems to be making another appearance lately.

I'm... content with my life. I'm not happy though, I never really have been. I don't really have any plans for the future, as it stands I haven't even set foot outside in 2 months.

>> No.8911965

>>8911947
- Do you hope to become a parent or carer at some point in your life? If you are already, or your job involves the care of children, what aspect of this do your enjoy or find rewarding?
NONONONONO I am not fit to bring a child into this world. Also I am a lolicon of the highest degree.
- Are you a motivated person? Have you ever suffered from clincally disagnosed depression, bipolarity or schizophrenia?
I am motivated by nothing except learning things about history, economics, and politics. I use most of my mental energy learning japanese too. Anything I have is undiagnosed but I doubt that I am mentally ill.
- Finally, are you happy with your life currently? What are your plans for the future, if any?
Yes I am happy, I want to enjoy life to its fullest. I am a little different than most but I don't think I am a bad person. I want to just live my life in this hedonistic cocoon as long as possible.

>> No.8911977

Why not, I first came to /jp/ not long after discovering 4chan. I basically clicked it because it was in the same category as /a/. I come back because my attention will occasionally be drawn to something worth checking out, as well as to laugh at the autists.
The Pokemon anime, no idea why
I believe in a higher power, but beyond that I'm in question
Nope
Sure I would, my thoughts are my own
fuck no
see above
go for 3d over 2d and don't hold anythng against women as a whole, we are made who we are by ourselves.
sexual, just bascally imagine 2 chicks mashing their boobs together while I rub one off. I'm in no way involved.
I feel that women are primarily represented by autists who are bitter over not getting a girlfriend. I don't really see how I can change that
People who like loli are sick fucks, no exception.
fuck no, thre's no child on earth who's capable of probperly understanding, the adult would just be taking advantage of him/her.
want a career, don't know if I want kids.
Not really, no.
More or less, I certainly have it better then plenty of people. My only plan right now is to complete my education and hopefully put more time toward my writing.

Your psychology paper'll probably suck, just saying.

>> No.8911984

The majority of /jp/ just wants attention, there's your answer.

Also fair's fair, why don't you answer those questions.

>> No.8911978
File: 272 KB, 800x600, Tanbo 11.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8911916
If that were true, it would be very interesting. Even so, however, I'd rather people reply 'posing' as what they feel comfortable as or whom they identify with. If people identify as women for whatever reason, I say let them. They are, after all, helping me of their own kindess and can do what they want because of it.

>> No.8911987

>>8911984
I miss king of /jp/

>> No.8911991

Field to long, 1 of 2

21 / F actually male :( / Americunt
The touhous I guess, and I think maybe also the many miserable individuals who reside here.
Assuming US releases of pokeman and vidya doesn't count, probably some crappy anime dubs of trigun or bebop.
My morning and evening routines are executed every day with unreal uniformity.
>Do you have any social or work related phobias or suffer from autism spectrum disorders? Please state the severity if so.
Nothing so serious.
To an outsider I'm sure I look like just another fatass nerd who won't cut his hair.
>Do you have a waifu / husbando? If so, please post your favourite picture of them and what it is you love about them.
I like many characters, but none to that extreme.
>If you have a waifu / husbando, do you picture them sexually or non-sexually? How would you feel when if others claimed the same waifu / husbando as you?
N/A

>> No.8912000

Damn, survey threads are a weak point of mine.
∙ 22, Male
∙ The touhous, now it's the elitism and a feeling of belonging.
∙ Manga. I liked the art and the romantic stories that comics can't seem to offer.
∙ I'm an agnostic theist.
∙ I haven't been diagnosed with anything but I have severe panic attacks when confronted with new situations involving meeting new people.
∙ Objectively no, subjectively from my perspective and situation yes.
∙ No, although I feel infatuation and feelings of love with lots of characters, it usually ebbs off after I stop reading/watching the material.
∙ n/a
∙ Animated characters are superior since they are a product of mans fantasy and therefore seemingly perfect, I wouldn't turn down any real girl who is perfect like that, but I'm 100% there isn't such a person and if there were she wouldn't be interested in me.
∙ Nonsexual. I always daydream about being young again with the mind and the experiences of the current me.
∙ I don't really fantasy about sex, I self-insert myself as a female in NTR and mindbreak doujins/ero-manga though.
∙ Of course they are, they are hardwired different than most of us in the first place, and everything different is always bad.
∙ I like loli in a nonsexual way since they are cute, sexually they don't appeal to me for the lack of breasts.
∙ Yes
∙ No
∙ My motivation only lasts for as long as the project I'm working on is going great, once it hits a rough spot I'm out for good usually. That's also how I lost 2 jobs so far.
∙ Not happy, but I'm working on it, I'm trying to study to get a job that I will enjoy.

>> No.8912008

Field too long, 3 of 3

>Do you believe consensual romantic or sexual relations between adults and children are possible?
Children are easily manipulated by adults (even if it is not the adult's intention) so, no, a consensual relationship is not possible in reality.
I'd make a terrible parent.
>Are you a motivated person? Have you ever suffered from clincally disagnosed depression, bipolarity or schizophrenia?
Nothing clinically diagnosed, but there are times where I can't bring myself to get out of bed or do anything.
>Finally, are you happy with your life currently? What are your plans for the future, if any?
No. I plan to continue on the path set before me, obtain my degree, enter the industry, live miserably to an old age and die alone. There is no other way.

>> No.8912004

Field too long, 2 of 3

>What is your opinion of the opposite sex to yours? and do they interest you at all? Would you describe yourself as 'settling for animated replacements', or do you believe that animated characters are superior?
Assuming you are referring to opinion in terms of interest, sure I don't mind them. I don't know if I'd consider myself as "settling" though. When it comes to the superiority of animated versus reality look towards Plato's philosophy on perfect forms.
I fantasize about a lot of things, sexual or otherwise. I am female in all of my fantasies which is the most consistent factor. I'm usually successful too, but very rarely in a position of power. I also often die in my fantasies.
>In expressly sexual fantasies, do you envisage yourself as a fundamental part of that fantasy? Are you a distant onlooker? Are you not conscious of your own presence during the fantasy? Please be descriptive as to what this fantasy involves.
I'm usually very much a part of my sexual fantasies. During any fantasies I usually fluctuate between being very unaware and being overly self-aware.
>Do you feel women, specifically, are negatively represented on /jp/? Would you change this if given the ability?
Maybe. I think a lot of the it is just sour grapes.
>What is your opinion of loli? Do these opinions apply to children you see in real life?
I'm not attracted to children in any way.

>> No.8912018

>Children are easily manipulated by adults (even if it is not the adult's intention)

I was under the impression adults were the same way, they are just expected to take responsibility for it.

>> No.8912014

-18, M, USA
-I come for shits when I'm bored
-Anime that used to be aired on TV
-Atheist
-Nah. I hate being around people I don't know, but it's not a medical thing. Just how I am.
-N/A
-N/A
-I'm interested in women, but meh. More effort that it's worth 90% of the time.
-I have very few recurring fantasies, but almost all are sexual.
-Of course I'm a fundamental part of my own fantasies.
-It's the internet, it's supposed to be offensive and misrepresent things. I wouldn't change a thing.
-It's not bad, but IRL = ew
-Absolutely not. Maybe like a 19 y/o with a 16 y/o, but adult-child relationships (especially sexual ones) are a crime against nature.
-No, I'm bad with kids.
-I have had issues with clinical depression, and I do a lot of drugs.
-Life's got ups and downs. I live on a pretty day to day basis, and I'll keep that up as long as I can.

>> No.8912015

I guess have nothing better to do.

-20/f/USA
-I came to /jp/ because TH10 (I think it was 10. Or maybe it came out already? Maybe it was 11?) was coming out soon and I was kind of bored. Eventually it was because there are similar minded people. Now it's pretty awful and threads like this are what I seem to be replying to the most.
-Probably Pokemon. I don't remember why. It's hard to remember a lot of things from that long ago.
-Not really.
-Well, not exactly. I'm afraid that nobody will ever accept me again though and it's hard to trust people. At the same time, once I start trusting people, I usually trust them too much. I'd rather not explain why I think that is.
-As in, independently thinking? More than most people, but I also get influenced by others. Especially people who I care about.
-No. I never let myself be drawn into things like that. Real life has always been there to shove in my face that I will be alone and unhappy. I don't think I can feel like it would be anything other than lying to myself.
-n/a
-I don't care what sex someone is. I treat everyone and think of everyone the same way until I get to know them better. It doesn't matter much to me. Probably not the answer you want. And I don't settle for anything. But I explained that before already.

Have to cut this in two.

>> No.8912021

>>8912015
-It's kind of personal and I would rather not say.
-Yes, I'm always there and involved.
-Everyone is negatively represented here. The people here make that impossible to change.
-Don't care for it. Real children are cute and I usually want to help them with things. Other times they are really annoying. 2D doesn't seem to show that side so much.
-Maybe. Depends on how mentally developed the child would be. It's all situational, but most of the time, no. I guess it could be possible though.
-I don't think I'm a good person to do that. I can hardly manage my own life. I have thought about it sometimes though.
-Not really. I can motivate myself easily if I see a goal to work toward, but it's hard to see any good actually happening anymore. I was diagnosed as depressed when I was clearly not. Not for any medical reasons anyway. But that doesn't mean I am not depressed either. Just not something I should be on medication for. I need to change my life to get rid of it, not my brain chemistry.
-No. I had plans. Nothing ever ends up working that way. I'm trying to get away from my parent's house and find a place to live soon before they lose it and I end up homeless. I don't think they would be okay with me staying with them anywhere they end up. There's only really one thing I want to happen and I look forward to right now, but I don't want to say that either.... Everything else seems too far away to actually plan.

Sorry I'm leaving so much out that might make this actually mean something. But I wouldn't say anything more unless I knew you as more than just another anonymous person.

>> No.8912028

>>8911540
-23 year old male, Caucasian, Southeast US, submariner (felt guilty about NEET)

-That was years go. Fuck, I don't know? it had good threads about shit I liked. That said, I was still more of an /a/ user. I didn't begin to frequent the board daily until a around a year and a half ago. The biggest reason was an amplification of my interests. I learned japanese, began ording japanese LNs/manga/doujin. VNs belong to /jp/. /a/ became too busy and too normal. people here are as or more withdrawn than I am.

-Anime, I was a faggot for some old shit on adult swim, but I never got along with that group. It was in secrecy. Then Japanese games, then doujin and manga, and then LNs, merchandise, and Touhou (I was the worst kind of secondary for a long time).

-I'm not religious or OCD. I was trying to make a tulpa, but I'm just too skeptical for it work

None diagnosed or some shit. I'm not autistic. I am able to interact with people (considering my employment) That said, I hate it. I attend a social function every few months for appearances and try to "fit in" during the day, but I am always freaking out on the inside.

>> No.8912026

1. 20/F/Nope
2. Comiket uploads
3. Does Pokémon count?
4. I'm a half-baked Buddhist, but it was very little effect on my life.
5. Nope.
6. It's not the first word that comes to my mind.
7. Now that is a secret.
8. Non-sexually, and I'm just to hear other people like her as well.
9. Not interested. I'm not interested in sex, 3D or otherwise
10. I have no particular fantasies
11. Yeah. Might decrease the amount of lewdness if I could.
12. *shrug* a fantasy is a fantasy.
13. Hell no.
14. What's a "carer?" More seriously, I'm interested in having a job in the future
15. At times. I have been diagnosed with cyclothymia.
16. I'm happy. I have no real plans for summer.

>> No.8912027

>>8911947
My bad, I forgot these. 2D is better because I can carry out anything my mind creates and it feels nice. I am impotent when 3D females are involved, they are a non-factor in my life.
Besides beatings? I usually imagine myself as some who's opinion important and I lecture people in my mind on whatever new thing I found out that day. I do have very well developed fantasy worlds, most of them are 2D fanfiction.
- In expressly sexual fantasies, do you envisage yourself as a fundamental part of that fantasy?
Are you a distant onlooker? Are you not conscious of your own presence during the fantasy? Please be descriptive as to what this fantasy involves.
I imagine myself as myself that happens to look like the MC. I am the center of the stage if that is what you are asking.
No, this place needs to keep its charm.
Loli is great, I love it. Real children is a crime, I will leave it at that.
No, they aren't emotionally mature enough.

>> No.8912034

>>8912028
-I've never bought into the special snowflake way of looking at things. Everything that I do, someone else does better. Someone does everything I do better (or more?) than I. If you really want a more significant answer, I'd probably list things that I think are uncommon even among our group. I play a shit ton of western games. I like to cook real food. I like camping (not as a social activity, but as a solo retreat type thing). Remember, this is all the context of what sets me apart from /jp/ - they are all things that are not unique as a whole.

I am happy with my life. I pull a significant income for minimal commitments. When I don't have the boat, I have stupid amounts of time off; when I am on the boat, I stand six hours of watch and can then retreat into a 6x3x3 hole to sleep, read, and avoid people. I have two more years out and then I am going to force my way through a degree. After that I'll either look for a job that is friendly to me avoiding people or, failing that, join up again.

>> No.8912031

I told you to fuck off the first time you posted this, and I'm going to say the same again: fuck off.

>> No.8912053

http://pastebin.com/CgB60ach

there you go.

>> No.8912061

is it sad that i'm just scanning this looking for poeples opinions on loli?

>> No.8912073
File: 167 KB, 668x1139, 1300834038039.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>- If you are willing to write your age, gender and or nationality, may you do so?
26, male, American

>- Upon first viewing /jp/, what encouraged you to come back a second time? Has this changed since you began to frequent it, and if so, what do you now frequent /jp/ for?
I came for the Touhous and stayed for the Touhous, and because the people here make me laugh.
>- What, to your knowledge, was the FIRST Japanese product across any media platform (VN, LN, manga, anime, danmaku, etc.) to interest you? Why?
My Neighbor Totoro, as a child.

I always listen to The Least You Could Do by The BloodHound Gang after I fiish masturbating.

Yes. Pic related. I love her because she's perfect in every way, and I only feel complete when I pretend I'm with her

>- If you have a waifu / husbando, do you picture them sexually or non-sexually? How would you feel when if others claimed the same waifu / husbando as you?
Usually non-sexually. However if she were real, we may have sex out of pure love once we are married. I get jealous when someone claims her as "their" waifu, but I usually imagine that they just like a different version of her.

I do find 2D girls more attractive because they are much cuter. 3D girls are full of flaws, but there are some attractive 3D girls as well, albeit a rarity.

>> No.8912076
File: 96 KB, 530x442, 3b3849de0118f05ac56a617503d580e7.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8912073
>- What is your most recurrent fantasy? Is it sexual or nonsexual? Please be descriptive.
My ultimate fantasy is to be a small, cute 2D girl.

I don't really get this. I just want to be a little girl.

>- Do you feel women, specifically, are negatively represented on /jp/? Would you change this if given the ability?
Yes, women are negatively represented on /jp/. I would change this if possible. A lot of femanons are very nice; I expect other boards like /v/ to hate on them, but I'm surprised /jp/ does it as well.

>- What is your opinion of loli? Do these opinions apply to children you see in real life?
I am aroused by loli. I really like children in real life, but only because they are really cute. It's not a sexual thing in real life.

>- Do you believe consensual romantic or sexual relations between adults and children are possible?
Yes.

>- Do you hope to become a parent or carer at some point in your life? If you are already, or your job involves the care of children, what aspect of this do your enjoy or find rewarding?
I actually do work with children. I work at an afterschool daycare thing for a few hours a day with for elementary school kids, K-6. I enjoy because like I said, I think kids are really cute. It's fun.

>> No.8912080
File: 262 KB, 932x651, 1335366548391.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Honestly, if you are doing this fucking meet people in real life. What people will write up on the fly about themselves and an anonymous image board is not reliable. It's probably hard to meet a good amount of /jp/ irl so just fucking drop it.

>> No.8912078

Okay, a lot of you guys are psychos. Especially:
>>8911767
>>8911892
>>8912004

>> No.8912087

>>8912061
No. Plenty of people have paedophilic fantasies and it is natural that you constantly try to ascertain whether these are normal or not. Behavioural parallelism.

>> No.8912089

-18/m/black
-VN and blog threads
-anime because it was "different"
-No I'm not religious but I believe in higher being/force.
-yes
-I don't know, pathetic?
2/2
yes I do but I'm not posting a pic
non sexually
-I would not mind talking to a female who shared my interests (not a weeaboo) but they do not interest me.
-If I had superpowers
-there are no girls on /jp/ except aaeru
-loli is loli and real loli is real loli, I don't want to end up like thad
-yes
-no, I'm to worthless for that.
-yes
-yes, if it wasn't for anime id be in jail or slamming "bitches"

>> No.8912081
File: 425 KB, 492x500, 1298326308364.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8912076
>- Are you a motivated person? Have you ever suffered from clincally disagnosed depression, bipolarity or schizophrenia?
I'm not a very motivated person. I'm in University and I'm slacking on my grades (I've been doing so all through my school career). I'm an underachiever. I have not been diagnosed with any of those things.

I'm happy with my life because I like my hobbies. My favorites thing to do is just fuck around on the internet, watch anime, play video games, etc. and thankfully I have a lot of time to do that, so I'm enjoying my life currently. I'm not sure where the future will lead. I need a career but I have no idea what to do.

I'm not sure why I did this survey.

>> No.8912092

>>8912080
ya i think poeple will be really comfortable being drawn of to the side and being asked these...

>> No.8912090

>>8912081
>I'm not sure why I did this survey.

Because you're fucking boring and starved for attention?

>> No.8912096
File: 115 KB, 340x685, 1325165739418.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8912090
yeah probly xD

>> No.8912100

No one here should feel the desire to be represented. Please take this to gaia

>> No.8912102

Dear blog,
- 22, male, BR BR EUEHUE.
- I don't know, I liked Touhou back then and I still do. The somewhat random threads and stuff about random Japanese shit back then seemed interesting too. As for why I still come here, I have no idea, but I guess it's the rare occasions in which there are threads about those things.
- The SNES Bomberman games.
- Nope.
- Not sure, but sometimes I feel anxious when I go to the grocery store. I feel much more at ease when I'm alone and that most likely means I'm just a pussy.
- Well, I'm pretty sure I'm not a collective.
- No. I guess I feel a lot happier when I see Satori so she might count as one, but I don't religiously collect pictures of her or talk about how much I love the Satori.
- If Satorin counts, both. I don't care if others love her as well (it's inevitable given her popularity, after all), that just means they have good taste.
- I guess girls are nice and I find 2D superior, but I wouldn't mind having a real female friend to talk about stuff I like with.
- No idea.
- No idea as well. Sorry for being so boring.
- Yes, and no. This is a mostly male-based community, and given how much bitches & whores there is, I don't think /jp/, or 4chan as a whole should stop being so misogynistic. I'm kind of misogynistic as well.
- They're the best. It doesn't work as well in real life, but every now and then there's a really cute little girl out there. I obviously wouldn't do anything to them, by the way.
- Why not?
- No, too much of a bother.
- Not at all, and no.
- I guess, even though it got kind of worse recently.

>> No.8912104

>>8911637

>I am a product of my collective surroundings

This is the kind of things that makes me want to hit people.

"All the shit I did? Yeah, nah, that's all my parents/family/society's fault."

>> No.8912110

>19, Male, American, Half-Asian. Psych Minor.
>I mostly lurk /b/ but came back as I can appreciate Japanese culture without being a weeaboo.
>To my knowledge I'd have to say artwork and Noh masks that my father purchased on a business trip to Japan.
> I am not religious. No mental rituals/OCD.
>I do not have a waifu. I'm really a pretty normal guy who enjoys all Asian customs and lifestyles.

>> No.8912111
File: 9 KB, 222x27, adsx.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

You should respond to more people OP

This will make other people more inclined to post

>> No.8912122

>>8912100
20 people so far have taken the effort to reply and I thank them greatly for it. I imagine it's also a cathartic process on some level. Often those most in tune with their emotions only become so through self-establishment in the form of surveys, quizzes etc. This is basically why women read horoscopes.

>> No.8912131

24/f/us
Came for the toe hoes, stayed for the shitposts.
Mainstream anime crap? Digimon. It was all downhill from there.
No.
SEVERE agoraphobia.
Individual implies only one.
It's a secret~~
Nonsexually, and it's cool to hear the reasons why people share my tastes.
Cocks are nice but I don't like guys. As far as girls, 2d has its merits, it's hard to say which is superior. 2d is pure, but 3d is soft~
Murder.
It's sexual. Maybe a power thing? I don't know. The idea of killing someone is appealing, it's incredibly arousing, but the idea of ending a life sets all my empathy off screaming.
I do. I kind of understand why. It'd be nice if it changed, but you can't blame anon for it~
Delicious cake. As far as real life, I dunno, a little.
Possible? Sure! Healthy? Fuck no.
Yeah. I want to be able to emotionally nurture my own child, but finding the right situation to do that in just seems so difficult. I don't really think I trust myself to do a good job either.
Jesus fucking christ no. The amount of things wrong with me is too much to even bother with, but as long as I don't give a fuck, my mental issues can't get in the way!
Sorta. If not for what feels like a terrifying future looming overhead I'd be able to enjoy it a lot more. I have no plans.

>> No.8912133

I have time why the fuck not?

When I first came here there was a lot of talk about shmups and old arcade games, as well as a Castlevania thread and a few odd Japan related threads. It seemed to have changed rather drastically since then, but I still see some of those things posted every once and a while so I usually check back every couple of days to see.
>What, to your knowledge, was the FIRST Japanese product across any media platform (VN, LN, manga, anime, danmaku, etc.) to interest you? Why?
Manga--I had an old friend from middle school who introduced me to it, and since then I was kind of hooked.
Existentialist Christian, but I don't talk about it because it really shouldn't concern anyone else.
None.
In terms of existentialist thought, yes.
None in particular, but I can understand the reasoning behind it.
>If you have a waifu / husbando, do you picture them sexually or non-sexually? How would you feel when if others claimed the same waifu / husbando as you?
It'd probably be a mix of sexual and non-sexual. I think if I came across someone that would claim to have the same waifu, I'd engage with them to figure out what it is that they love about the character.

>> No.8912134

>>8912110
It sounds like you've never browsed /jp/ before in your life.

>> No.8912146
File: 35 KB, 240x320, Ryouko_Tanb0.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8912111
I don't think people would be all that interested in what I have to say, but thank you. Busy making notes and shit.

>> No.8912143

>>8912133
I have difficulty gauging people's thoughts and motives overall--when mixed with the idea of things like "flirting" "attraction" and "sexual tension" I just find myself clueless and sometimes flustered. I'd consider animated characters superior only because they're intentions and motivations are much clearer.
I'm sort of hung up on someone that I used to talk to infrequently online--I'm starting to consider what would happen (both sexually and non-sexually) if we were to meet in real life.
I guess most of my thoughts are related towards full-on bodily contact and whatnot, since that's the only thing crossing my mind.
Yes and no. They're not properly represented because gender plays a big role in the dynamics of /jp/. If you bring up your gender you're going to attract some attention, and since there's a level of rarity when it comes to females, that level of attention is much greater--hence the following reaction of others calling "attention whoring"

>> No.8912147

>>8912143
My opinion of printed works is that if it's drawn or written, it's free game. I don't see a crossover of this into the real world though, and the idea of sexual abuse of children (for the dissemination of media for the enjoyment of others) brings me a lot of despair and disdain for humanity.

There is reports that sexual exploration begins at a rather young age, but I think that such should be left for the child alone. I think on a cognitive level, children can't really compute the magnitude of such ideas as sexual relations and romance as adults can, and this can lead to some disastrous situations.
No.
I have a certain degree of motivation that I'm working towards improving. I have been diagnosed with depression in the past and although it probably does affect my motivation, I'm still going to work towards improvement regardless.
I have some sense of direction and what I want to do, but there's a lot of hardships now that I must overcome to do them. I'm happy enough with what I have, but I know these things can be improved upon, which is something I'm willing to accomplish.

Holy shit I should've removed the questions I kept getting "field is too long"

>> No.8912168

(Girl) Am I pretty?
(Boy)No
(Girl) Do you want to be with me forever?
(Boy)No
... (Girl) Would you cry if I walked away?
... ... ... ... ... ... ......(Boy)No

She walked away tears ran down her face.
The boy grabbed her arm

... ... (Boy) You're not pretty, you're beautiful
(Boy) I dont want to be with you forever, I NEED to be with you forever
(Boy) And I wouldn't cry if you walked away, I would die!
(Boy whispers) Please stay with me
(Girl whispers) Of course

Tonight at midnight your true love will realize they love you. Something good will happen to you between 1-4 p.m. tomorrow- it could be anywhere. Get ready for the biggest shock of your life! If you dont post this to 5 other threads; you will have relationship problems for the next 10 years Sorry

>> No.8912178

>>8912168
I cry every time.

>> No.8912175

>>8912147
>Holy shit I should've removed the questions I kept getting "field is too long"
In retrospect that would be a good idea. I wish I did that.

>> No.8912193
File: 453 KB, 1200x1718, _007.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

> If you are willing to write your age, gender and or nationality, may you do so?
Why is there a question mark at the end of that? It should have been a statement, not a question. 18/M/US
I used to come to have anything to talk about. I used to visit /v/ but everyone stopped being serious and just post /b/ stuff. I got attached to the on topicness of touhou and VN's, but over time just kept coming for porn and lewd threads that Hong got me hooked on. Now I'm here to blame all the evils of the world on Jews and shitpost. Speaking of Jews, psychology is mostly Jewish garbage, watch yourself and what you link.
YuYu Hakusho on TV. At first I though the main character was an angel fighting demons and that it was cool, but then I watched the first episodes and how he cheated with that egg and thought it was complete bullshit that girl on the broom didn't take him to hell anyways. Then I started to watch mostly Dragon ball Z and whatever was on Toonami

>> No.8912195
File: 56 KB, 574x528, 1273678334243.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8912168
>relationship problems
Now that you mention it, I think I saw this 10 years ago on livejournal or some shit, and then didn't post it to anyone else because I figured if it annoyed me to see it then it would annoy other people, too.

That explains it I guess.

>> No.8912198

Ok I'll bite too.
> If you are willing to write your age, gender and or nationality, may you do so?
31, male, french
> What encouraged you to come back a second time?
Outside the ongoing bawson & japanese bird cooking spaghetti threads we had, which I ironically enjoyed, /jp/ gives sometimes good feedback on VNs and others japangottery and that is kinda relevant to my interests.
> What, to your knowledge, was the FIRST Japanese product across any media platform (VN, LN, manga, anime, danmaku, etc.) to interest you?
Strangely enough that was an anime but I couldn't stand the /a/ board, I just feels more at home here in /jp/.
> Are you religious, or do you follow any mental rituals / OCD habits?
Religious... Oh right, I'm supposed to be christian.
> Do you have any social or work related phobias or suffer from autism spectrum disorders?
I'm a perfectly normal man with no social disorder whatsoever. But still i'm browsing /jp/ on a daily basis I wonder if I can labeled me as normal.
> Would you describe yourself as 'an individual'?
Kind and reserved. Got toyed with by several women, so now still kind and reserved but wearing a big fake mask in society to confront them or maybe avenge my old self? I wonder.
> Do you have a waifu / husbando?
No. I do like severals 2D girls but not enough to fall into the waifu-lover pattern. Or maybe I got one, but she's more like a creation than an existing waifu.

>> No.8912204

>>8912193
I don't consider myself religious as I don't believe or hold faith in any god, but the moral standards set in Christianity are something I've really attached myself to I suppose. Even though it was written so long ago, plenty of the rules set can apply to modern days with reasons that make logical sense. As for OCD, I fap every night or I cant sleep, does that count? Nothing wrong with fapping if you follow christianity by the way. Onan was slain for disobeying a direct order not for ejaculating on the floor. The modern dislike for masturbation stems from Jewish Talmud and Kabbalah writings that have Lilith as the first woman, and how masturbation is an offering to her with which she makes demons. Even if that was in the actual bible, it makes no logical sense so I would not follow anyways
I have zero mental disorders or anything relating to autism spectrum malfunctions. What I do have is shyness and am socially stunted from lack of interaction with people, but that could be fixed if I wanted and am working on it with 1on1 online conversations.
An individual is just make up of multiple tangents relating to other individuals he has placed an importance on relating to their opinions, so no one can really claim to be an individual.

>> No.8912208

>>8912198
> What is your opinion of the opposite sex to yours? and do they interest you at all? Would you describe yourself as 'settling for animated replacements', or do you believe that animated characters are superior?
I despite all real women, even though it's not their fault. Can't be helped since I was played with too much. What I liked about the 2D ones was how they were usually fair with their emotions, unlike the 3D ones. Besides I can still find girls/women and ladys in 2D, in 3D I can only see lots of feminists or women trying to confront us for everything, which is annoying. You can't even try to open a door or you'll be labeled as a "douchebag thinking women are inferior".
> What is your most recurrent fantasy? Is it sexual or nonsexual? Please be descriptive.
Strangely i'm dreaming a lot about living with that 2D creation I was talking about. She's aging like me, we even have a child now, which is a girl.
> In expressly sexual fantasies, do you envisage yourself as a fundamental part of that fantasy?
Just check my previous answer.
> Do you feel women, specifically, are negatively represented on /jp/? Would you change this if given the ability?
Women are negatively represented everywhere on internet, women websites out. Would I change that? Hell no, I do have a grudge against them after all.

>> No.8912214

>>8912208
> What is your opinion of loli? Do these opinions apply to children you see in real life?
I find them cute. But in real life I wonder, now they have the tendency to act earlier like their young mother or what they see on TV.. I think you got my point.
> Do you believe consensual romantic or sexual relations between adults and children are possible?
I do believe that love beetween an adult and a 2D child is possible, didn't fall into that but I can understand their point.
Strangely enough in the real life, the only one defending this point are the youngs girls who fell in love with a man.
> Do you hope to become a parent or carer at some point in your life? If you are already, or your job involves the care of children, what aspect of this do your enjoy or find rewarding?
Already have a job, I enjoy my life now, strangely enough again /jp/ did help me a lot. I'm already a father in my 'fantasy' but I don't think I want to have a real child, this world is just fucked up and I think that breeding a child is actually the worst thing we can do to him.
> Are you a motivated person? Have you ever suffered from clincally disagnosed depression, bipolarity or schizophrenia?
Motivated is the thing is relevant to my interests. Nope, never had a mental disorder in my entire life.
> Finally, are you happy with your life currently? What are your plans for the future, if any?
Now? Yes, I can say that i'm happy. A woman would be perfect but let's just be realistic, this cannot happen. I'm dealing with it.

>> No.8912235

>>8912204
>Do you have a waifu / husbando?
No
I don't hold any opinion towards girls. I've spoken with a few of them on long term before but I seem to be uninteresting and we break contact. They interest me as much as males do, it's not something I place too much attention on /r9k/ style. It's not really 'settling' for animated replacements if I were having trouble with females though, as my masturbation fodder consists of mainly 2D girls in the first place. The only settling being done would be emotional, and that would be with /jp/ males. Animated characters are superior by definition for the most part, as they are an idealization.

>> No.8912234
File: 1.39 MB, 1000x1398, sakuya27.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8911540

Male, 21, Caucasian

I came at first because a friend said it was place to find some discussions on Touhou related topics. I'm not entirely sure why I keep coming back, some threads interest me and others I just hide and don't deal with. In fact I probably don't pay attention to 90% of the threads created. I guess I frequent /jp/ still for the few threads that might be interesting to me. Whether it be touhou, vns, or whatever.

To interest me, it would have probably have to have been Ghost in the Shell. Not sure why.

I'm not religious. I have some ocd habits, the way I eat meals how I have things set up in my room, so on and so forth. Normal stuff I suppose.
>- Do you have any social or work related phobias or suffer from autism spectrum disorders? Please state the severity if so.
There was a thread the other day on disorders and to my find I probably have that Avoidant disorder along with dependent disorder. So depending on others with a massive inferiority complex can really bog someone down to the point of not being able to acquire a job, or just be overly anxious in social settings.
This question confuses me, but I suppose that I would call myself an individual, yes.

>> No.8912240

-21, Male, Third World.
-I don't remember why I got in here the first time. For me, /jp/ is what TV is for most people. Lots of shit, yes, but there are a few things I like that I can't see anywhere else. VNTS, doujin games and translations, a few good Touhou threads.
-First Japanese product to interest me? That'd be "Voltron" and Gatchaman on TV. I was three or four years old. I remember thinking the combining themed robots were totally cool.
-Agnostic, no hard OCD habits after childhood. I only have tendencies now. Audio files tagging must be perfect, etc.
-Only recently I fully accepted I do have mild social anxiety. It's not just awkwardness or doubt: I stutter when around people, nothing less.
-Yes, I am an individual. (Rephrase that question, Mr. 'Psych Student')
-No waifu. Fictional characters don't have enough personality for me to feel attached to them. I do have a group of girls that make me smile when thinking about them, though.
-My body/instinct craves for physical contact. But the combination of disgust at most people's customs and minds and lack of interest on the apperance of most of today's girls is various times stronger than that craving. In sum, I'm looking for my perfect 3D-moe petit genius girl. And of course she'd have to want me too. Currently the count stands at [ARRAY OUT OF BOUNDS] non-candidates, 1 candidate, 1 rejection.
-I like the older spectrum of loli. Of course, 3D loli should never be touched. 2D artists can do whatever they like. 3D producers should die in a fire.
-Having a child doesn't appeal to me. I'd only make her suffer with my shit genes.
-Depression. I don't really want to do anything, and I can't enjoy things. I grind Japan because that's what I know. I'm not happy. My plans are leeching off my mother for as long as I can. Then I'll see. Suicide or working, I guess.

>> No.8912244
File: 315 KB, 578x818, sakuya30.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8912234
>- Do you have a waifu / husbando? If so, please post your favourite picture of them and what it is you love about them.

Sakuya from the touhou games. I don't know what it is about her, but considering canon personalities are so non-existant, what my mind has created for her personality has made me just so fond of her. I guess I probably have a maid fetish in some form or another as well, but for the most part I guess I just enjoy the set personality I have given her. Being the disgusting secondary that I am haha.

>- If you have a waifu / husbando, do you picture them sexually or non-sexually? How would you feel when if others claimed the same waifu / husbando as you?

Generally speaking non-sexually. I wouldn't be upset if someone claimed the same character no.

They are there, sometimes can be interesting but most of the time noisy and manipulative. Sure they do. Yes and no, partially because I know that I'm forever alone due to certain circumstances and other times I just don't want to deal with the hassle, so yes lazy.

>> No.8912251
File: 225 KB, 1000x1000, wallsakuya194.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8912244

Having the character I 'love' tell me that they love me and us snuggling together just being happy with one another.

Yes, I'm a fundamental part. Generally just normal love making.

I guess, but I think it's mostly people just talking to talk. I guess? It really doesn't matter people will say what they want to say.

Being a parent and seeing a child grow seems rewarding, but I feel that I wouldn't be the best of choices. I think I would make a decent uncle if anything, but that's the extent of it.

No, not very motivated at all. I have been diagnosed with clinal depression, and bipolarity but not schizophrenia.

I would be happy, if I was able to continue doing what I do. But the fact that my monetary situation is poor one would think I'm more inclined to go back to school to earn more money than my current job pays. I suppose getting out more and hanging out with friends would be good as well, but I much rather dick around with them online.

>> No.8912258

>>8912235
My fantasies aren't really recurrent, although most of them are me being powerful if whatever sense you could imagine being powerful. That would be fairly common though. They are almost exclusively non-sexual I suppose. You could describe them mostly as escapism. Something funny is that when I was big on playing WoW, I would spend hours just wondering around Silvermoon city and the nations forests looking at the scenery, npcs, and wild animals. The colors are plenty more vibrant than real life colors.
A sexual fantasy would be me doing something to another, so I would be a very fundamental part I suppose. Most of what I fantasize about is S/M where I can play either role, although mainly the sadist. Not much to go into detail since they are not recurring, that would be boring.
No. I would say it's tremendously accurate if the same also holds true on not only /jp/, but many other boards and sites. I wouldn't change it, honesty is a virtue. A positive reputation is earned, not given. There are outliers in groups, but you do not address a general group by their individuals.

>> No.8912277

19/m/USA
I laughed at all the epic /jp/ memes, and found the bipolar mix of "take it easy" and elitism taken to the extremes to be interesting. This hasn't changed. All I browse /jp/ for are funny comments/images. I have very little interest in VNs and 2hu, though I've learned quite a bit about them from browsing.
I got a gameboy with pokemon when I was 5. It interested me because it was pokemon.
Yes, I'm religious.
I have mild ADD.
Sure.
No.
N/A

>> No.8912276

>>8912078
Field too long guy, I'm not sure how that posts makes me a psychopath. If anything I care to much about the feelings of others.

>> No.8912277,1 [INTERNAL] 

Why is this thread filled with teenagers?

>> No.8912284
File: 102 KB, 1190x1063, 1326838647538.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I am still monitoring this thread, and am incredibly grateful for all constructive contributions. If I no longer post, I have passed out from fatigue and will check this thread when I eventually come around to collect any further data.

>> No.8912285

>>8912277
Women interest me as people, not sexual objects. I don't really believe anime girls are superior, though there are some characters I like of course.
I want to be a widely loved and praised Japanese game developer that makes JRPGs with beautiful stories that make people cry.
When I fantasize, I am the one having sex, if that's what you mean.
I don't think anyone on /jp/ cares about gender issues.
I don't care about loli. I have no opinions about relationships between adults and children.
I've been diagnosed with major depressive disorder.
I'm fine with my life. My plans for the future are to finish college (and most likely grad school) and get a career in the biomedical sciences.

>> No.8912285,1 [INTERNAL] 

>>8912277,1
/jp/ (and 4chan itself) is filled with teenagers.

If you want to be in your mid-twenties or older, go to Something Awful.

>> No.8912301

20, M, Chinese
Actual discussion on stuff I was interested in, Touhou, Japanese, VN's. Nope
Anime (Pokemon), back in my childhood.
Nope.
Nope, but I'm shy as fuck. I'll almost never initiate conversations, but I'll respond to them.
Uhh... yes?

>> No.8912300
File: 1.25 MB, 1116x891, 1c428abc609a5ef463f032743749ff72.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8912258
Loli is something to masturbate to. Children do not sexually arouse me as they do not hold similar mannerisms nor traits as 2D girls do.
Romantic relationships between children was something practiced in ancient Greece I believe, although sexual relations were frowned upon and warranted exile. That may have just been homosexual relations though. I still think that would be a good standard. Although at present day the average person fails to differentiate between romantic relationships or love, and sex.
I like to not think too far ahead out of risk of disappointment, and if I do imagining the worst case scenario is what often happens to prepare just in case. I don't hold a job, and I hold no opinion on becoming a parent.
I am the picture of health, both physically and mentally. I would not consider myself motivated however, as there is little that interests me in the world to push me towards working for it. If there is nothing I desire then it's useless to expend wasteful effort. What I look forward to is making the next day tolerable.
I wouldn't say I'm happy, but I'm not sad either. I'd say just slightly under content. a 4.9/10 in life.
I don't have any plans other than to be okay. Not depressed anyhow, although it's always comforting to have suicide ready as an emergency escape if needed.

>> No.8912315

Can I just put mine in a pastebin?

>> No.8912344

>>8912301
If I can find the perfect person (somehow), yes, otherwise not really. I'll probably fit under settling for animated replacements.
Being a little girl in Japan a decade back before Japan went into decline.
Nope?
All printed/CG works are fine, though the extreme mutilation and guro is too far. In real life, it'd probably have to be case by case, though rape and NC is out of the question.
Yes, it was the norm for the majority of human civilization.
No, children in small doses are fun, but otherwise they get annoying.
No, though if it's fun, I'll be motivated.
Yep, finish college and get a job, so I can buy all the stuff I want.

>> No.8912372
File: 1002 KB, 1902x1202, 1306056923177.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

22, male, united states
I used to come here for the touhou image dumps. Really I still do, I guess.
Tamagotchi.
I consider myself a christian, but my beliefs don't really follow those of any of the sects I know of. I don't believe that the bible can be taken at it's word, for instance, due to the fact that Christianity preaches itself that humans are sinners, and humans wrote it.
I'm deathly afraid of driving. I don't trust other drivers unless I am in the vehicle with them, so I get extremely nervous when passing other cars.
I am not sure I understand the question, but I think so?

>> No.8912386
File: 255 KB, 1200x1700, patchoulitouhouprojectt.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

16, male, United States (Korean American)

Some interesting topics, big touhou fan looking for a community of people with a similar hobby, more than half of jp is chock full of it.

Probably Dragon Ball Z, was a fun show when I was a kid. Didn't understand half of it but it was cool.

I tend to be non-religious, I dislike what religion has done to our society throughout history for those individuals without the mental strength to stand on their own and find faith within themselves or others and instead blindly devote everything to teachings who's guidelines they sully and intentionally defy to use for their own self justification and satisfaction.
I like to reflect on politics and society often, some abstract sexual fantasies typical of jp but other than that not much else abstract

No

Yes

Yeah, Patchouli Knowledge. She's cute as well as elegant, intelligent, and gentle.

Non-sexually. When I try to picture her sexually it doesn't feel comfortable. When another "claims" I feel slight attention and quickly dismiss it as I come to a realization that she is non-existent. Then I think of a scenario in which a dream world would exist and ponder how it would be possible, and if it were, how to get there.

A girl is a girl, I still am dedicated to find someone I love, though efforts have been fruitless so far. I find animated characters extremely attractive, but they are not another soul, they lack warmth, and as much as one tries to fill the feeling of emptiness, they are only denying what is real knowing fully well that drawn characters are an illusion and can never give back actual affection. Finding attraction with a character is fine. There needs to be understanding of reality and what one's mental state is within jp though.

>> No.8912387

haha jk guys i actually am the one who posted this thread and i'm the mod enjoy the threadban see ya

>> No.8912388

>>8912315
I actually would have suggested the moronic OP to ask for pastebins rather than gigantic walls of text.

>> No.8912390
File: 362 KB, 1024x768, 19ac71a48d1c56f79daf8fdbfe36face.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8912372

Yes, Utsuho. I like that she is powerful, but also cute at times, I guess. I like a woman who is cute but not dependent I guess.
Uh, both. And, it's not a big deal to me. I believe that each person's concept of a character is a different version of that character, so my Utsuho would not be the same as someone else's.
I don't really believe either of those examples. If I meet someone that I am truly interested in in real life, I go for it. I'm not settling for anything less than what I want, I guess.
Nonsexual. I want to cuddle with Utsuho while falling asleep.
I am part of the fantasy.
Yes, I do. And no, I don't care really. In fact at times it can be pretty funny, so it's no big deal. I don't feel that way, but other people are entitled to their opinion.
I enjoy loli. And no, it doesn't apply to real life. Real little girls are very distinctly different from lolis.
It depends what you define as a child. I don't think there's anywhere in the united states that allows marriage younger than 16(I may be and probably am wrong, I'm no expert), but I believe that girls have the ability to love and be a part of that sort of relationship by the time they're 15.
Definitely.
Eh, kinda. I have lots of ideas, but I have trouble getting them started.
My life isn't bad, I guess. I want my own house, that's really it.

>> No.8912402

20 years young nigga comin outta Detroit, word up
I just got the feel that there was some true niggas up in here. All them other boards are filled with bustas. There more bustas in /jp/ than there was, but it's still pretty tight.
Nigga, I was all up in that Cardcaptor Sakura, that is my shit dawg.
Praise be to my main nigga Jesus Christ, amen. I got a bad habit of popping a cap or two in any nigga tries to step to me.
I got a phobia of not filling my daily pussy quota.
Shit naw nigga. Me and my homeboys, we tight as hell. We like a wolfpack or a hivemind or some shit. We ride together, we die together.

>> No.8912406

>>8912402
I'd be all up in that Reimu bitch's ass know what I'm saying? Armpits too nigga.
See above. And I'd pop a cap in any dumb motherfucka tries to get between me and that pussy.
I drown in pussy nigga.
Actually drowning in pussy. That's how I wanna go. They can put it on my tombstone. "Tyrone - A balla so fresh he drowned in pussy"
I'm always up in the bitches ass. 10 inches up, if you know what I'm saying.
Hell naw, bitches ain't shit but hoes and tricks. They only good for pussy. If /jp/ niggas don't want no pussy, that's just more for me.
If a bitch got a pussy, my dick is all over that shit.

>> No.8912406,1 [INTERNAL] 

thread got deleted when it got the only good replies rip

>> No.8912406,2 [INTERNAL] 

>>8912406,1
Nobody gives a shit about your /soc/ crap

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action