[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 39 KB, 318x433, 3034583.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8895890 No.8895890 [Reply] [Original]

So I'm writing an essay discussing all the different mythologies of the world, including Japanese, and some relations and similarities to Greek Mythology. Can anyone help me with Japanese Myths? So far, I've discussed the origin story with Izanagi and Inazami, how Amaterasu hiding in a cave resembles the Persephone myth, and how Susanoo somewhat resembles Hercules and Thor. Any help?

>> No.8895896

/jp/ - Japanese Mythology

>> No.8895913
File: 599 KB, 800x692, 1325031371518.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Just write an essay about Touhou

>> No.8895917

>>8895913
This, just play through touhou on easy modo like the secondary you are, and plagiarize the whole thing.

>> No.8895929

Yuyuko is similar to Jesus in that she died for the sins of others

>> No.8895972

I wonder what kind of responses did OP expect from /jp/ when he made this thread.

>> No.8896008

>>8895929
You mean Byakuren

>> No.8896011

>Amaterasu hiding in a cave resembles the Persephone myth

Like hell it does. That flayed pony incident is more like a "Varuna accidentally the entire atmosphere in dickwaving contest" or "Kamadeva tries to stroke Shiva's shivlingam while he's meditating, third eye happens, the whole concept of love destroyed permanently" sort of event (lesson: don't touch Shiva's penis). There's some serious shit going on and it would threaten both mortals and gods if not fixed soon, it's also one-off while Persephone's deal is a natural event that occurs in cycles and no one really cares about it anymore except Hades I guess.

You could deal with the whole amatsukami-kunitsukami conflict and how it relates to the Titanomachia because those play out exactly the same, newfangled gods root out their old cthonic counterparts in a grand war for dominion. Also Susanoo fighting Orochi is the exact same shit as Zeus fighting Typhon, except Zeus wasn't a wuss who got his ass handed to him by some fat snake.

>> No.8896015

>>8895929
Are you a fucking retard or are you just fucking with OP?

>> No.8896025

In the beginning, heaven and earth were not divided. Then, from the ocean of chaos, a reed arose, and that was the eternal land ruler, Kunitokotatchi.

Then came the female God, Izanami, and the male, Izanagi.

They looked down into the chaos and said, "Is that not land?"

Then Izanagi THRUST HIS HUGE BURNING MANLY SPEAR INTO THE CHAOS AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN. THE CHAOS BLED WHERE HE HAD PIERCED IT WITH HIS MANLY WEAPON.

HARDER AND HARDER IZANAGI POUNDED THE CHAOS SEA, IZAMANI LOOKING ON IN ABJECT INTEREST AT HIS FIERCE AND DOMINANT STATURE.

FINALLY, THE CHAOS AND INZANAGI SHUDDERED, INANAGI WITHDRAWING HIS SPEAR DRIPPING FROM THE CHAOS'S FLUIDITY. *drip drip drip*

From there, the drops became the island of Japan.

>> No.8896026

>>8896015
Calm down niggerlord, someone already corrected him and said it was Byakuren.

>> No.8896028

>>8896015
Stop flipping out, he is right

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action