[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 109 KB, 1280x1024, 1212857361998.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
887914 No.887914 [Reply] [Original]

I just finished playing Devil on the G-String.

Holy. Fucking. Shit.

Godly game. I feel so bad for you guys who can't play it yet. Avoid all the spoilers you can while waiting for the translation.

I can't fucking believe I didn't figure out that Kyousuke wasn't the Devil. I played and loved Ever17, so I can't believe I fell for the same trick. Chapter 5 was absolutely amazing, and overshadows every other chapter in the game combined. The ending was really bittersweet, but didn't manage to get a tear out of me. I was just kept hoping that it would end happily for Kyousuke, and well...it did.

>> No.887938

>Avoid all the spoilers you can

oops

>> No.887948

>>887938

Your mouse-fu is weak, Anonymous-san.

Paint my house.

>> No.887951

As soon as the word "brother" was said, I was expecting it to turn out something like it did. I would have like to have seen how they would have done things had he been the Devil, but the game was still amazing as it was.

>> No.887988

It was his long-lost presumed-dead nearly-identical-looking brother ALL ALONG! Jesus christ, what a fucking horrible shitty cliche twist. I mean, the game was awesome and the story after that twist remained awesome but I wanted to scream when they pulled that out, did they run out of ideas or something?

>> No.888066

>>887988

If you think about it like that, it is shitty, but if you think of it as "Oh fuck, they got me hook line and sinker. I don't fucking believe this", it's an amazing twist.

>> No.888071

how do I make spoilers? When I try to do it it comes up with spoilers but its not black.

>> No.888078

>>888066

THE GAME

>> No.888102
File: 926 KB, 820x660, 1214374331579.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Okay, seriously, for FUCK SAKES don't read these spoilers -- for those who played and beat the game already ONLY.

The shit plot twist was obviously tacked-on to either end the game faster, to put more of a positive spin on Kyouske, or both. As good of a job as the scenario writer did on the story, does it even feel right to have something so clumsy and stupid as an indentical twin brother? It doesn't even make SENSE when you consider all the times Maou and Kyouske all but pick directly where the other leavevs off, always with intense headaches and this fading in-and-out of consciousness effect. So what the fuck were the headaches all about? Why would the Maou feel the least bit concerned with killing Azai -- unless he was actually Kyouske? The first arc showed how the story would havve developed originally -- the Maou targets each of the girls in some sort of criminal plot, but ends up being effected by them and then Kyouske is able to overcome his alter ego by the power of love -- otherwise what was the whole point of Maou's interaction with Tsubaki? And finally, it screws us out of an epic evelation scene in which everyone finds out the truth, the inevitable rape scene, and the satisfaction of being able to play a total badass -- to be honest Kyouske is kind of a shitty character if he's not the Maou. Total bullshit twist.

>> No.888155

>>888102
I've only finished one of the sideroutes but I noticed Maou mysteriously just stops his whole business. What? That makes no fucking sense unless Kyousuke is Maou. His brother is not the type that's just going to throw in the towel, "Hey guys, my brother found love. I'll just stop my master plan now, kay?" And it seems like the same thing happens in the other side-route I was playing through.

>> No.889824

>>887914
Does anyone have the CG from this game?

>> No.889984

Can this be more WTF than 12RIVEN?

>> No.889996

Not in ENGLISH.

>> No.889999

>>889984
Not really, G-senjou no Maou is much more entertaining though.
Not to say 12riven is bad, it's pretty good but G-senjou no Maou is the type of eroge that grips you and don't let you go till the end.

>> No.890084
File: 123 KB, 800x600, 1214406346720.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action