[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 58 KB, 211x211, cristina.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8839470 No.8839470 [Reply] [Original]

Is Steins;Gate supposed to be obscure?

I want to know if it's /jp/ster enough to be worth playing.

>> No.8839481

No, it's mainstream.

It's the Naruto or Game of Thrones of the VN world.

>> No.8839486

>>8839481
naruto = tsukihime
bleach = fsn
s;g = one piece

>> No.8839488

It's very famous, as far as I know. But I still think you should give it a try, and have your own conclusions.

>> No.8839578

>>8839486

Not really IMO. Tsukihime doesn't really compare to a big, mainstream Shonen or anything like that. It's well regarded by a lot of people because it's their first VN or whatever but it doesn't have the same "Ongoing" popularity you'd need to compare it to Naruto. Naruto is still the "biggest" anime. If anything I'd say Umineko is Naruto. It got enough of those "Babby's first VN" threads.

Bleach is definitely FSN though.

Dunno about One Piece. Does S;G appeal to
the "Whacky" crowd? One Piece is also more highly regarded than Bleach or Naruto probably because it doesn't take itself as seriously.

>> No.8839594

>>8839578
I'll have to agree with you on this one. Naruto is well known out there, whereas I know a ton of people who've never heard of Tsukihime.

>> No.8839670

Naruto - Umineko

Both very popular, have extensive fanbases that drew them into the media. Lots of ridiculous pairings. Material wise, they don't compare as well, Naruto isn't really a "bad" anime but it's pretty standard Shonen fare, whereas Umineko is actually a subversion of a lot of typical VN ideas and deviates from the norm. In real terms, it's closer to something like Utena, Penguindrum or Madoka. But to /jp/, it's it's Naruto.

Bleach - FSN

Again, what drew a lot of people into VNs, but doesn't get talked about as much as Umineko, nor does it have the stronger personalities of Umineko & Naruto.

Fairy Tail - Steins;Gate

I'm going to go with this. Both are new comers, haven't quite developed an extensive annoying fanbase yet, but have that their "flavour of the month" status.

I'm really thinking of one that works as One Piece. Epic adventure in the more traditional sense, whacky/surreal characters and environments, but surprisingly "Moving" story and bros being bros the more they go on. If anything, the closest thing is Umineko, again.

I would really like to play a VN in the vein of One Piece actually. Most VNs take themselves pretty seriously.

I feel like we need an equivalent of Ever 17 too.

Also, Avatar is Katawa Shoujo.

>> No.8839674
File: 171 KB, 665x1201, 1328555190667.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I like naruto it's so sugoii ^_^
ps korean is best
pic related

>> No.8839763

Ever17 - Tatami Galaxy

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action