[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 32 KB, 667x420, irssi_puttycyg_100.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8719504 No.8719504 [Reply] [Original]

>install irssi
>seems pretty sweet
>get into a channel
>all regulars who no each other
>no way to include yourself
>chat is basically a receptacle for quips between friends like a twitter feed
>uninstall irssi

IRC general.

>> No.8719528

I hang around a few channels with a few different nicks. Personal favorite channels:

On Rizon:
#kuroko
#bunbunmaru
#japanese-bird
#tohno-chan
#/jp/
#jp-devel

On Sageru:
#lounge

On Freenode:
#slackware-offtopic

On SynIRC:
#raspberryheaven
#rotahall
#world2ch

>> No.8719531

You know for sure you belong on /jp/ when you can't even talk to people on the internet without feeling intimidated.

Welcome home.

>> No.8719534

It took you that long to realize that that's what IRC is for? Any channel that's been going for a while will be that and any new channel will die or become that.

>> No.8719566

>>8719504
This about describes about all of my IRC experiences as well.

>> No.8719576
File: 1.32 MB, 2507x3541, 1327946035379.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I only got into one channel very well but the owner got mad and kicked me out. I was on /a/ for a bit just wondering around, but accidentally forgot the / in front of /msg, so when I went to identify my registered nick my password was posted and it was really stressful, then someone from that channel kicked me out. I never went back.
i hovered in /v/ for a while, but that channel turned into literally the stuff /jp/ jokes about when they stereotype normalfags. It had girls talking about how many guys they fucked, other guys flirting with them, they talked about call of dooty games, and how much they hate anime fighters and were going to buy the new street fighter games. The people into fighting games all wrote in ebonics and acted like retards too.

I only go to #/jp/ now, and never say anything because it's always the same 3 people talking and probably think "who's this guy cutting into our friendcircle conversations?"

>> No.8719924

I used IRC back when I was about 12. I would impersonate people and pretend I lost ops so I could ban as many people as possible before they got rid of me. I didn't know about IPs back then and apparently neither did anyone else on there.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action