[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 65 KB, 500x600, 019.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8709979 No.8709979[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

The real problem with /jp/ is that no one can take it easy. Fans of Touhou get mad about accusations against their favorite Touhous. NEETs get mad about people who are NEETing it wrong. There's plenty of anti-NEETs here, too, people that don't want to see blogs by whiny shut-ins. The tripfriends get slammed by ridiculously high amounts of ad homonym. Just scrolling through page 0 right now I can see four flame wars in progress. Why can't /jp/ just take it easy? Everyone in here is an otaku, and every otaku should be your friend. I don't like 3D but the devotion shown by idolfriends to their idols is truly inspirational. We used to take it easy, back in 2008. And /jp/ was the best board on 4chan because of it. Let's take it easy again. 2012 will be the year /jp/ becomes good again

>> No.8709987
File: 28 KB, 454x454, 1331352418212.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>ad homonym
>homonym

>> No.8709988

FUCK YOU, YOU STUPID FUCKING NIGGER NOBODY GIVES A SHIT ABOUT YOUR TERRIBLE ATTEMPTS TO MAKE AN INTERNET PERSONA BECAUSE YOU'RE NOT INTERESTING ENOUGH FOR YOU AS YOURSELF TO BE WORTH CARING ABOUT NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES YOU COPY PASTE YOUR STUPID BULLSHIT STORIES ABOUT FUCKING SEA OTTERS OR WHATEVER FROM /LOUNGE/ NOBODY WILL CARE IF ONLY BECAUSE YOU WROTE IT AND THAT WILL JUST LEAD TO "HURR DURR TOKIKO SAGE" AND YOU LOVE IT BECAUSE IT GIVES YOU A CHANCE TO RESPOND AND YOU KNOW YOU'RE DOING IT AND YOU KNOW PEOPLE KNOW AND YOU EVEN BLATANTLY SAY IT LIKE IN YOUR "TROLL GUIDE" AND "HOW TO RAID /JP/" POSTS ON 4-CH WELL GUESS WHAT YOU ARE A TERRIBLE PERSON AND NOBODY GIVES A FUCK ABOUT YOU AND YOU'RE DOING THE LOWEST COMMON DENOMINATOR OF "TROLLING" AND I DON'T EVEN GIVE A SHIT THAT YOU'RE WANKING YOUR TINY COCK TO THIS POST BECAUSE OF HOW MUCH I'M TALKING ABOUT YOU I HOPE YOU LITERALLY DIE IN A FIRE YOU STUPID ATTENTION WHORING FAGGOT

>> No.8709989

BRING BACK THE GOOD OL DAYS

>> No.8709991

I take it easy always in /jp/. If people are flaming me, I ignore them or filter them. And if something's seriously upsetting me, I just take a break.

If there's ``no good threads up" (a common complaint) then the best thing you can do is MAKE a good thread! You know what you enjoy, and chances are other people will too. Favorite Touhou? Make an imagedumb thread. Do you like JRPGs? Why not make a thread about them? This is something a lot of people have problems understanding, but /jp/ is for more than just Touhou. /jp/ is Otaku Culture. That means that ANYTHING relating to Otaku culture can be posted as long as it's not Katawa Shoujo or violating a global rule. Take it easy. relax. Let's all just have fun. If you live like this, life will be good for you. Many of you are already living in NEET paradise. Now apply mindful thinking and make it NEET heaven.

>> No.8709992
File: 34 KB, 300x432, 600full-rika-ishikawa.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I am quoting a anon , but I think this sums it up

You know those film where the loser try his hardest to fit in with the cool and hip people?
tokiko remind me of them, only difference is, tokiko will forever be a outcast.

>> No.8709993

>>8709987
It's funny because it's a homonym actually a homophone but oh well.

JOKE © TOKIKO 2012–∞

>> No.8709995

>>8709991
That's a good attitude to have, Tokiko. :)

>> No.8710007

>tokiko

>> No.8710001

Hey guys, did you know that:
* You don't have to respond to trolls!
* You don't have to say you dislike something!
* You don't have to be ironic!
etc?

I sure hope me pointing out things that everyone knew somehow changes something! ^___^

>> No.8710013

>>8710001
How is this trolling? /jp/ would be a great place if people took what he's saying to heart.

>> No.8710015

>>8709992
Maybe one day he'll reach the level of people nobody likes, but people remember the name of, perhaps out of pity. People like Archduke or Jkid.

>> No.8710021

>>8710001
Exactly! If people just hide and filter threads instead of shitposting in them, /jp/ will at least be improved for them. If everyone does it, then the entire board will improve. It won't matter whether people are greentexting and spamming nuclear explosion pics if you can't see it. Or that's how I see it.

Oh, and instead of derailing a thread, people can always make a new one. That's something that I think is weird. /jp/ can have up to 160 threads at a time, so it's not like there's a good reason not to make a new thread for a topic. If people like it, they'll post in it, and if they don't, it will just silently be forgotten.

>> No.8710024

>>8710013
Because everyone knows these things. Pointing them out is just unnecessary meta.

For example, every single person has heard the advice "lurk more" or "don't feed the trolls". Does that mean every person lurks more or doesn't feed the trolls? No. This has been FAQ'd and printed on bumper stickers and hammered into our brains to the point where it's common sense and general knowledge, but people still won't do it.

Case in point is this thread. Everyone--including myself--is responding to Tokiko. We know it's a bad idea. We do it anyway. Because the human brain is stupid like that.

>> No.8710028
File: 32 KB, 266x400, AKB48’s Maeda Atsuko wears a cute sailor uniform for “Moshi Dora” 2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8710013
there is a reason we kicked him to /a/, and /a/ did kick him back to us again.
final destination , tokiko -----> /b/

>> No.8710031

Reported for meta shit from a ban evading, obnoxious, shii cock sucking shitposter.

>> No.8710033

>>8710028
> we kicked him to /a/, and /a/ did kick him back to us again

Actually, I chose to go to /a/ for February as a Valentine's present for you guys. I wasn't forced to go and I wasn't forced to stay.

>> No.8710034

>>8710021
> If everyone does it, then the entire board will improve.
Therein lies the problem.
If everyone posted high quality, on-topic threads, thought long and hard before they posted, didn't flame, used sage in XYZ way, agreed on everything, had an IQ over 120 and kept a healthy, balanced diet, /jp/ would be a great place!

There's no barrier to entry and it's an anonymous board. People will be faggots and flame and try to shove their pseudonymous mock-intellectual ramblings down our throats, and there is nothing you can do about it. If you want something different, go back to Channel4 and stay there.

>> No.8710035

/jp/ please take Komeiji and Kaguyadrew, we don't want them on /a/

>> No.8710040

I say we ban Tokiko/Archduke. It's clear he is good at nothing but shitposting.

>> No.8710041

>>8710035
Wasn't he Uidrew?

>> No.8710042

I'm tempted to compile a proper "report" for mods on why and how to ban Tokiko (and hopefully keep him banned), but then I'd feel like he's won.

Not that they'd pay attention.

>> No.8710044
File: 37 KB, 454x600, kamei.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8710035
why did you send tokiko back?
How should we trust you again?

>> No.8710045

>>8710041
He switched waifus because he had a bad dream, no seriously, he actually did

>> No.8710047

>>8709991
>Favorite Touhou? Make an imagedumb thread.

Yeah, 2hu imagedumb indeed.

>> No.8710049

Why can't the people in this thread take it easy?

I can't take it easy like this.

>> No.8710053

No Tokiko, you are the problems

>> No.8710056

>>8710049

Fuck off shitposter brigade.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action