[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 1.60 MB, 1000x800, adb418d766c44b8136b487565565e966.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8676070 No.8676070 [Reply] [Original]

Wouldn't it be fun to have friends and do all these fun activities like in anime or Touhou comics? I always wanted to visit fair like these in some Touhou stories. Even playing video games seems a lot better when you have friend to play with.

If no one would like to discuss anything, then would it be OK to have thread with pictures instead?

>> No.8676086

I would be your friend OP

>> No.8676102

The only thing like this I can relate to (but very strongly) is high school. Obviously fiction is more fun than reality which is why it exists.
However I feel very upset that I will never be a teenager again. Even if my real world high school experiences sucked, it makes me sad playing all these VNs and seeing high schoolers go to clubs and have fun and talk about things with each other. I get there's an escapism element to it, but I can never have anything even remotely close to this because of my age alone. And there is nothing I can do about it. The opportunity has simply passed by in my lifetime, and save some sort of wacky reincarnation I will never have the opportunity ever again.

Fuck.

>> No.8676112

>>8676102

>> No.8676133
File: 562 KB, 800x1300, 5889837.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8676086
Thank you!

>>8676102
>reincarnation
There is solutions for that!

>> No.8676145

To be honest, I have quite a few normal friends and even go to bars with them on weekends.
We have been friends for years and I'm glad that we didn't lose track of each other thanks to the fact that we all like videogames so we always meet up in teamspeak.

I sometimes try to encourage them to do fun stuff with me like going to a fair or festival, but they never wanna go to such events and make fun of me.
It's a little sad but it can't be helped.

Maybe if there is a /jp/ meetup someday...

>> No.8676147

>>8676102
You could go to college.

>> No.8676198
File: 640 KB, 850x1216, 14534555562.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.8676217 [DELETED] 

>>8676147
This.

>> No.8676228

>>8676147
Nobody in college is a virgin.
Fiction has given me every right to be this picky.

>> No.8676237

>>8676102
It hit me hard when I played that VN-- Kira Kira -- which was such an explosion of youth that I questioned my own.

So I am trying hard at what >>8676147 suggested at the moment. Even so, I tend to retract sometimes with my own secluded hobbies, but I wish I would have started sooner.

>> No.8676244

Incidentally, I am a college student now, and my classmates invited me to go with them in a bar or something. For a moment, I remembered about Touhou and thought I could be fun going out with them, but then I remembered that it was real life and not Touhou, and I turned them down.

>> No.8676247
File: 6 KB, 200x133, 36.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8676228
uff that's wrong i know a few guys , even girls who are virgins

>> No.8676254

I like to rewatch Hidamari Sketch episodes and imagine myself as one of the girls. How wonderful it would be to have such nice friends. In a weird way, slice of life anime are quite depressing.

>> No.8676251

>>8676228
college senior virgin girl here.
I know a number of others, too. And guys a plenty.

>> No.8676333

Everyone in this thread sound like they had a lot of friends. I'm so envious, I wish I had at least one friend and even then I would do everything to keep that friendship.

>> No.8676385

>>8676102
I'm 20 now. Was sort of a loser in high school but did quite better later in my junior and sophmore years. Still sucked. When I got somewhat popular with people that weren't assholes, just people who wanted to have a good time, played some casual vidya on the gamecube n stuff, and hung around with the mall, things were cool.

But I realized it wasn't reality, people are fake, and government is corrupt, humankind is probably not going to survive much longer on this earth (more than 400 years anyways).

Anyway there's MMO's. They're great escapism, but with my competitive side, I can't enjoy the grind. Guild Wars 2 looks amazing though, try and relieve stuff through MMO experiences.

>> No.8676390

>>8676251
But you're fat and nobody wants to fuck you.

>> No.8676394

>>8676385
>vidya
>>>/v/

>> No.8676404

>>8676385
The problem I have with MMOs is that they reduce computer games to their most basic levels, to the point where they're chores. Have you ever played RollerCoaster Tycoon for 20 hours straight and it's dawned on you that you are only clicking things to increase a variable so you can click more things to increase other variables? MMOs are *designed* to be that from the outset.
Not that I have anything against the games or people who enjoy them, I just cannot personally like them myself. Which is a shame because I have a very old computer and I can't play any recent games. Though maybe that's for the better, who knows.

>> No.8676411

>>8676394
nah man screw you. video games are a forum of escapism, and v, while shittier than it was a month ago after these recent changes, actually gets some shit done. vg is the best thing to happen to 4chan In my opinion bro.

anyways, MMO's are linked to jp in terms of escapism, which if looked at things from a broad perspective, i would argue
/jp/ - escapism

>> No.8676415

I don't think having friends is a _bad_ thing, but it's been almost a year since I cut contact with the two friends I had managed to make since primary school and I don't necessarily feel worse.
We talked about things, sometimes we went out and had some laughs. But in the long run that didn't keep me from feeling like shit at the end of the day, every day.
Maybe I'm just in such deep shit that I don't notice the difference. Like the difference between starving to death and having to survive licking tree sap.
I'm going back to college next month after NEETing two years though. I wonder how it'll be. Will I avoid people again? What the fuck will I do if I'm asked to go to one of their 'dances', or 'bars', or something?

>> No.8676423

>>8676411
>nah man screw you
nah man fk u back to /v/ fgget

>> No.8676430

>>8676411
Are you drunk or something?

>> No.8676451

>>8676102

I don't know what life is like where you live, but here in suburban America being a healthy well-adjusted teenager means smoking a lot of pot, yelling at your parents, being sexually loose and having angry hormonal friends. Even if you'd done your high school years "right" it still would have probably been a mess. VNs are fantasy and escapism but just being young doesn't have that much to do with it.

>> No.8676450

>>8676411
1) if you want to have a 'life' in classic terms, then that's a good thing. read touhou wiki and play all those doujin games out there. there's lots of japanese to english rom translations. you can play all the GBA fire emblem, SNES, and some doujin games too. i'm running ubuntu i can't do shit right now but there's so much information on the internet.

the thing is, most of our generation (or mine at least, i'm 20), has a hard time keeping attention to just pure text, reading books. studies show people skim. i'm slowly enjoying video games less, and appreciating books more. i feel sad cause maybe it's a maturing thing, I don't know. for example when it comes to anime, it's so tiring and repeitive--right now, all i can watch is Another and Mirai Nikki. i can't believe faggots that watch K-on and other craptasitic shows out there just cause they're poorfags or neets. there's lots of quality manga to read (it takes more effort tho).

2) as far as MMOs, if yall haven't read this go do it NOW. (if you're interested in MMO's). it's common sense but it aligns everything together so it makes sense more.

http://www.cracked.com/article_18461_5-creepy-ways-video-games-are-trying-to-get-you-addicted.html

^ while this is true, if one's goal is escapism, then playing them neccasarily isn't a bad thing. life inherently to our knowledge, unless one believes in humanity, or life after death, has no meaning. so who cares right? a lot of jp talks about suicide but doesn't want to do it because their parents would miss them, but if you want to waste away, or maybe even have a job/college on the side, you can escape with these when you have free time.

Guild Wars 2 has like no grinding, you would like it. id like to get a jp guild but that would feel like /v/ faggotry. plus it would feel weird. i personaly cant see jp doing that.

>> No.8676467

>>8676430
no.

>>8676423
>>>/v/
>>>/b/
>>>/a/

>> No.8676474
File: 48 KB, 348x325, 1327802808804.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8676467

>> No.8676479

I'm a virgin too, mainly because of all the fear put into me about STDs. I had plenty of opportunities in highschool I didn't take advantage of. Thankfully so, 3D is truly a world I want to escape from.

>> No.8676487

>>8676450
> i'm running ubuntu i can't do shit right now
Dual boot like not-an-idiot or install Wine. Not sure where Wine is up to in Ubuntu, but I'm running the latest version in Debian wheezy and it runs all the Windows integer Touhous just fine.
Hell, if your computer is not terrible like mine, go get VirtualBox or VMware and run a copy of Windows in "seamless" mode.

>> No.8676481
File: 23 KB, 450x360, 1325694581297.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8676474
nah not butthurt bro. but you're shitposting up jp using those /v/ and /b/ terms. do you not care about the quality of /jp/?

>> No.8676496
File: 145 KB, 652x826, a_study.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8676481
I love this girl. She's such a girl gamer. Mai waifu~

>> No.8676501

>>8676487
ive been trying to learn how to dual boot. i've pretty afluent in basic computer stuff, like knowing where to go, what addons to use like adblock plus, and configuring and disabling programs in startup.

if i could play my glorious touhous i'll be happy. with college i don't have much time to read the wiki so i haven't been able to read about the world and characters much.

i'm saving for gaming comp and hopefully wll have one in a month so i can wait i guess. if you could show me a simple guide that'd be cool.

hell i even used piratebay and no luck with windows copies. TinyXP didn't even work. maybe i was derpin.

also all versions of Touhou on wine, even EOSD which was made FOR wine has laggy issues. my comps specs are good enough to run it great. maybe even ps1 emulators

>> No.8676507

>>8676496
trolling/kidding?
she's the only attractive trap i've found attractive. and oh my god.

the issue is, and my question to jp: what do you feel about actually having a relationship past traps fetishwise? what about them when they grow old?

>> No.8676514
File: 181 KB, 900x614, 1305325835672.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8676481

>> No.8676517

>>8676501
Dual booting is pretty simple. I think the Ubuntu wiki has a page on it.
It's basically this:
1. Install Windows (Windows has its own evil bootloader that doesn't understand non-Windows operating systems).
2. Install BSD/Linux/whatever.
3. Install GRUB (usually included in above).
4. GRUB automagically detects Windows, adds it to its list of operating systems, then gives you a friendly list of possible operating systems upon booting.

>> No.8676534

>>8676514
2/10 trowl for getting me to reply while my torrents download.

back to v please. please. memes are pretty faggy now man. look at hottopic. passing the store in the mall i can clearly see cool story bro shirts, butthurt shirts, brony shirts, u mad shirts? and other shit.

>> No.8676535

>>8676514
"Fagangery virgin" is my favorite term since the original "buttangery". Totally makes that whole image.

>> No.8676561
File: 3 KB, 132x103, 1330841512074.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8676534
tl;dr
u maid?

>> No.8676596

>>8676561
can we be real here for a minute. im not trying to sound like a moralfag, or meta, by why do you waste your time trolling jp of all places? or enjoy it?

trollings fine and all but why troll your own peeps from 4chan? why don't you go troll a rip page that would cause more butthurt. i mean, wouldn't you want to fuck with reddit and tumblr and troll them over 4chan? while this place isn't the best, those sites are supercancer shit, why not do some good and troll them? ill stop replyin now

>> No.8676607

>>8676596
>peeps
>>>/b/

>> No.8676612

>>8676517
You can also install Windows after Linux but then you need to restore GRUB with a live CD.

>> No.8676646

>>8676596
>ill stop replyin now
confirmed own3d 4 lyfe

>> No.8676716
File: 129 KB, 735x620, 1311891656388.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

While I think it would have been interesting to see what it is like to have a normal youth, I have no regrets with the way my life turned out. I like who I am and would not want to change the bad parts of my life since those helped me become the person I am now. However, the one thing I am jealous of the most from games/anime is have people just sit around together enjoying themselves in their on way. I can't think of a good way to explain, so I'm not sure if anyone will understand that feeling I want.

>>8676450
I'm typically against mmos for the reasons listed in that article, but I've always wanted to try one for the social aspects. I'm planning to give Tera a try as my first mmo since the combat seems good (and being a cute little girl), so I'll see how this whole addiction thing goes.

>> No.8676741

>>8676716
I know that feel bro. Unfortunately I can't explain it either. I think it's just a subconscious desire to belong , but at the same time I realize there will never be a perfect belonging for me because the world is imperfect, so you just have to try to find the next best thing.

>> No.8676764
File: 149 KB, 850x637, ADVENTURE.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I chose this socially reclusive life.
I consider myself somewhat attractive and I am pretty good in social situations. I have some distant friends and had some really close friends, but I failed to connect deeply or hobby-wise with them. So I chose to spend my time in solitude and on the internet.

Even when I was out with friends at bars and clubs and having fun, in the back of my mind, I truly wished that I was on 4chan. And so I gave up being social and haven't looked back, because this is what I truly desire. Because here, even when we don't speak face to face, we share hobbies and sometimes even connect on a deeper level. Here, I actually feel connected and can speak my mind, and most of all discuss my favorite hobbies with like-minded individuals.
So you guys are truly my best of friends.

If only we could hang out in real life, that would truly be the best. The best would be to have a small group of friends that share your hobbies and know about you, what you truly like, and how you think. Friends that are truly connected.
If only we could all live close to each other.

>> No.8676775
File: 6 KB, 153x109, orinfriend.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Stop fighting guys.

>> No.8676871

I don't really feel lonely but I do get bored often of the same indoor activities I do day in and day out. And yes, I've tried lots of things so don't be that faggot who says "you should start lifting weights!"

Looking back at highschool there was a period of about half a year that I had real friends. It was fun and we went out often to do shit, not even normalfag shit. Just shit. But then my mother and another guy's parents soured relations and everyone stopped being my friend.

Haven't made any new ones since, or even kept any old ones. 4chan is all the social contact I get outside of my mother telling me dinner is ready. I've put effort into trying to make new ones but nobody likes me. No idea what I'm doing wrong, I even tried befriending a guy who goes on /jp/ and /a/ and he just said he'd get in touch and never did.

I guess some people are just meant to be alone, not that I dislike it. I love having time to think to myself, it's just that I get bored going over my own thoughts. I wish someone else could put in some input (this is where 4chan comes in a lot, but it's just not the same) and I bet leaving the house wouldn't be nearly as scary if I had someone there for group protection.

>> No.8677982

>>8676764
no. rule #0 of jp is that we can never exist out of the internet. there can never be a offline meetup.

>> No.8677996

>>8676871
> /a/
i'll be nice and pretend you didn't say that.

sorry how you feel. sometimes people don't know they're fuckwits, but sometimes people are just themselves, and they don't work with other people.

for example, i'm misanthropic. but i realized living a fake normalfag life is sort of like a visual novel. trying to flirt with the librarian, talking to classmates in college in order to get into circles so that girls you approach, you know the history of wether they're a whore or not, and are std free etc. i wouldn't say it's exactly sociopathic or psychopathic, i'd just say i'm consciously chosing to do this and that because life has no intrinsic meaning known to us through science or supernatural afterlife, fuck all do whatever.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action