[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 365 KB, 1000x1000, 847c941e469b8ca65675e9f7ebc8e954.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8641562 No.8641562 [Reply] [Original]

Have any of you gotten your friends into Touhou? Playing the games I mean, not secondary shit. I ended up playin PCB one night when my friend was staying over, and he was hella impressed by the amount of bullets I was dodging. Then he tried playing and wasn't actually half bad. Later he messaged me asking where he could download the games. He doesn't seem to give a shit about the fanbase, story, or characters in any way, but he sure likes playing the games. I'm proud of him.

>> No.8641579

Cool. Don't have any friends though.

>> No.8641580
File: 275 KB, 703x496, kaguyaclose.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

When i did my mandatory time in the army i got 2 of my room mates to play Touhou. They stopped playing after some time though, because the games were too hard for them and they spend most of their free time playing online poker...

>> No.8641583

Not to sound "truNEET are legion" but it baffles me that some regular /jp/ers have friends.

>> No.8641596

When I had two friends I got them to play the games.
Actually, now that I think about it, I met them because I had a Necrofantasia arrange on my forum profile and one of them liked the fuck out of it, so we started chatting.
I just realized I owe those good days to Touhou. Huh.

>> No.8641602

What friends?

>> No.8641606

>>8641583

Why? I don't have many friends, sure, but the few I do have are pretty great guys that I've known since at least middle school. Though they live differently than me, we all respect each other's lifestyles and interests, because get this, we're fucking friends. It's probably hard to make new irl friends when you're a NEET but that doesn't mean you have to lose all the ones you might have already had.

>> No.8641613
File: 464 KB, 2048x1536, 1326162271816.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I roughly said stuff about touhou in a conversation and my friend said the plot of touhou 6 and now we have a competition on who can get the highest score without continues.
Will I ever flat out say it? Nah.

>> No.8641616

>>8641606
I lost all my friends when I became a shut-in and stopped hanging out with them. Seriously, what do you do? Do they just always come over? Do you actually go *outside* with them?
Sorry for the derail but this confuses me.

>> No.8641622

>>8641616

Well an advantage for me might be the fact that I don't really mind going outside every now and then, I don't have severe social anxiety or anything, at least at this point. But yeah, we just hang out from time to time. Not trying to sound like a dick, but just cutting off contact with your friends suddenly is a dick move. Assuming they really cared about you, anyway. Fake friends aren't worth keeping around.

>> No.8641621

>>8641583

I think for most of us if we have any friends it's only because we became friends with them in elementary/middle school. I don't think many of us seriously attempted to make friends post middle school.

>> No.8641628

>>8641622

Must be nice~ Or not, I don't really know

>> No.8641631

Friends?

>> No.8641673

Wrong board brotha.

>> No.8642060

I did have a handful of friends that watch anime and semi-regularly play Touhou, this was before I lost contact with them.

Nowadays I just get mad at people for even mentioning something near me that's related to Japanese entertainment. As most of these people tend to be total plebians spewing casualfaggotry anime titles at me that they think I like. Or ask me if I'd want to go to a convention baiting me with they saying that they'll cosplay any 2hu character for me when they dont know shit about it themselves.

>> No.8642104

>>8641562
Why would you play a game if you don't give a shit about the story, or characters.
And why get into touhou in particular if you don't care about the fanbase, story, or characters. You may as well play a better shmup, one without loli even.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action