Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

Due to resource constraints, /g/ and /tg/ will no longer be archived or available. Other archivers continue to archive these boards.Become a Patron!

/jp/ - Otaku Culture


View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
File: 461 KB, 1920x1200, 1330128376760.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
8620288 No.8620288 [Reply] [Original] [archived.moe]

Scratch is a bad joke right? Even for babby's first programming language, only morons would attempt to waste time on this.

>> No.8620297

Learn something that will bring food to your table, like C#, Java or VB.

I made the mistake of learning PHP and Ruby. Biggest waste of time in my life. Nobody takes you seriously if you say you programmed in it.

>> No.8620312

>>8620297

If I wanted to jump right into it, would starting with those be a bad idea, though? Sorry for scrub question.

>> No.8620328

>>8620312
Any of those are quite easy to learn, so long as you have a decent book to guide you.

Learning basic HTML and javascript will give you an idea, with the benefit that you WILL use them. C++ was what I started programming, you might want to learn it first, since it is a nice stepping stone to C#.

But for the love of Jesus, Buddah and their landlady, do not bother with PHP.

>> No.8620330
File: 267 KB, 600x600, Patchouli_Knowledge_by_lunaticjoker.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
8620330

What programming language does Patchouli use?

>> No.8620340

Learn C. Then branch off into OO crap like Java and C++ if at all. Web programming can get you a job, though, I don't see a problem.

>> No.8620342 [DELETED] 

>>8620330
RSR4 Scheme. Anything later than that is garbage.

>> No.8620349

Learn Ada 95 then Snobol.

>> No.8620351

>>8620340
C is for masochists.

>> No.8620361

>>8620351
Good thing I spared you of MIPS assembly. C++ is for real masochists. That shit is terrible.

>> No.8620375

>>8620351
>C is for masochists.
C is the basis of virtually all languages in commercial use.

The only semi-challenging thing about it is memory management, which is something a developer should learn before learning a language like C#, Java, or C++. If you can't understand dynamic memory usage, you'll just end up creating leaky messes which GC won't clean up for you.

>> No.8620387

This will turn into 300-reply argument on how X language is shit and Y language is the best thing since sliced cheese.

And the sad part is that we had these threads before.

>> No.8620399

Why dont people post these kind of discussion in /prog/? Or is it because /jp/ and /prog/ share so much of the same user base?

>> No.8620420

>>8620399
>Or is it because /jp/ and /prog/ share so much of the same user base

You fucking take that back. /jp/ may be a shithole, but it's not THAT bad.

>> No.8620423

Programming is not /jp/ related. Reported.

>> No.8620424

>>8620297
Programming for a job is shit. You'll end up restricted to shitty languages like Java and C#.

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
E-mail
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action