[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 1.60 MB, 1240x1753, aya36.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8583793 No.8583793 [Reply] [Original]

Has anyone had any success in making their loved touhou a separate part of their mind imaginary friend yet?

>> No.8583801

You mean the tulpa bullshit? No thanks, I'd rather keep my inner demons inside my head.

>> No.8583805

You mean schizophrenia except with your waifu?

>> No.8583810

>>8583805
schizophrenias such a negative term. Think of it like partitioning

>> No.8583812

No, but I did have a particularly vivid dream where I was back in school. The shock and fear I felt when, for a moment, I thought everything up to this point had been a dream, ended up waking me up before it really went anywhere though.

I hate those kinds of dreams, don't you?

>> No.8583808

STOP TAKING TULPAS LITERALLY FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

>> No.8583825

>>8583808
I'm not quite sure I get what you're saying.

>> No.8583833

>>8583805
I don't think you know what schizophrenia actually is

>> No.8583834

>>8583808
Can't believe /x/ made the bullshit come this far.

>> No.8583852

>>8583834
"Bullshit"?

I mean, sure, criticize /x/, but dismissing the concept itself?

>> No.8583855

>>8583852
Did you read the thing that started it all? It was the most unbelievable drama packed thing to sway you.

>> No.8583868

Im just warning you guys, be careful about this shit. I had tulpa a few years ago a few months after staying a neet. Eventually the tulpa almost became a dominant personality in my head and I started to think I was actually someone I wasn't. During that time I went hiki for a while. Im somewhat fine now but Its left me with some mental instability, and I still don't know if I really am who I am. When I look in the mirror I don't even see myself, I just see some person, if you showed me a picture of myself I wouldn't know its myself.

Maybe it wasn't a tulpa and maybe it was something else but that shit wasn't fun.

From my experiences I don't think I'd try creating a tupla of my waifu.

>> No.8583870

>>8583855
Oh, well, I didn't actually. I only found out because of that recent thread, I've had what somewhat fits their description of a tulpa for years and I didn't know a damn thing about that concept.

>> No.8583884

>>8583870
Usually you'll see things along these lines
>>8583868
Sometimes even more out there.

Imaginary friends are cool and all, but this really isn't something you should want to take root on the board.

>> No.8583909

I saw the old thread, but didn't pay much attention to it. Does it really work? Anyone know of any articles on tulpas by actual psychologists or somesuch? Interested in the concept but I don't buy into /x/'s bullshit mysticism.

>> No.8583915

>>8583909
Its real and all but you are literally just giving yourself a mental disorder which is pretty much the equivalent of running a virtual machine inside your head. Its not something you can just obtain nor is it something you can easily get rid of.

>> No.8583922

>>8583915
I probably have a bunch of mental disorders already, so I don't really care about that. I just don't want to waste a bunch of time on it and have it not work.

>> No.8583927

Just a heads up:

This is meant for people who already mastered their mind. Like monks. Not for regular people or people that might even be mentally unstable. The person spreading this around is probably some uninformed teen who wants to try esoteric stuff to fullfil his/her desires or deliberately trying to cause suffering.

>> No.8583928

What exactly is a tulpa?

>> No.8583931

Ooh, I'm very interested in this. Can anyone tell me more about it?

>> No.8583935

I don't even want my waifu to be semi-real.
She is only perfect when she is non-existant

>> No.8583943

>>8583931
http://creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/Tulpa

>> No.8583948

>>8583927
I suppose it is a good idea to learn proper meditation before trying anything like a tulpa, right?

>> No.8583963

>>8583948
It also helps not to be batshit crazy or depressed.
That won't stop anyone here, so I don't see why you should be worried about how well you can meditate.

>> No.8583964

Yo don't have the bloody control to make it that specific

>> No.8583996

>>8583927
I heavily disagree. I'd be dead right now if not for mine.

>> No.8583997

>>8583927
Inevitably the former. I had never heard of this before these threads here and even from a simple description I knew I'd never even try.

>> No.8584031

>>8583943

Well, that looks mostly fake. It's true that everyone's got their subconscious demons, but that sounded ridiculous, and I'm pretty sure memory doesn't work like that either (it probably can, but not for most people). And, the whole research agency thing couldn't possibly exist.

That said, I do fully believe that it would be possible to create and maintain a "tulpa." In fact, I've been thinking about something like this for some time now, but wasn't sure how to go about doing it.

My mental discipline is, well, good in some areas and bad in others. I don't know how to meditate, and I have attention span problems. I wonder if it'd be possible for me to do it? It might make life a bit more interesting...

One of my friends once told me that they had made Nue into something like this. But, it faded after a time for them, and it certainly wasn't anything harmful. Even so, while Nue was there, it was apparently completely involuntary.

I'm not planning on anything like a "waifu." I don't have anything like that anyway. Sometimes I idolize a character in my heart, but it always fades after a time, and it's nothing vulgar like a "waifu" anyway.

Recently, I created an original character of my own though, and sometimes, when I visualize that character, I can feel their emotions, what they would feel in various situations, and things like that. It's nothing big though. If anything, it's more like empathy than creating a double.

>> No.8584229

>>8584031
>Well, that looks mostly fake.

No shit, it's a story.

>> No.8584638
File: 81 KB, 500x500, 14693989.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I've been telling you guys how to make these things for years and now you listen.

Gosh.

>>8583927
It's not nearly as hard as it looks to have the mental discipline of a monk. It takes practice, yes, and lifestyle changes, but to have a mind as stable and clean as one is very doable for any of us -especially because of our free time.

>> No.8584677

>>8583943
That's a bullshit rip-off of Alexandra David-Neel.

/x/ is so lame.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action