[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 35 KB, 454x486, 1328431387328.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8530401 No.8530401 [Reply] [Original]

Did your parents ever make you play sports as a kid /jp/?

>> No.8530410

No.
I wanted to take up Judo when I was like 10 but they were too cheap to pay the fees and didn't let me.
Now I'm fat.

>> No.8530416

>>8530410
You sure showed them, huh?

>> No.8530420

What if I played sports because I wanted to?

>> No.8530428

>>8530410
Why not akido?

>> No.8530437

They tried to make me play baseball, but the coach was a dick and placed me in far right field for the whole game while his kids took turns at bat and pitching.
I must have been seven or eight at this time.

>> No.8530438

My parents made me join the Beavers/Cubs/Scouts. Thursdays were fucking horrible because I had to sit there for hours wishing I was at home on the internet.

>> No.8530449

I went to a karate class where it was pretty bad until the time came that they wouldn't stop playing some horrible song I don't even remember the name of. I had an autistic meltdown and wouldn't stop screaming for the entire duration of the class until my mom picked me up at the end.

Oh, and I had a piano instructor who was really shitty. Does that count?

>> No.8530455

>>8530428

My mom said it was too deadly.

>> No.8530475

>>8530416
Getting fat was not really related to that incident, though I do think that it might not have happened if I got interested in sports.
>>8530428
People from the local dojo did a show in my elementary school, I thought the throws were cool as fuck so I decided I want to do it. I wasn't into Japanese culture or martial arts or anything like that at this point, so I wasn't even aware of Aikido.
Clearly, if I knew about it, I'd realize the futility of studying any martial art other than Aikido.

>> No.8530487 [DELETED] 

My mom wanted to make me into little league baseball when I was really young, but I wanted to just stay home and play nintendo instead. She almost forced me into it but my dad thought I should be able to do what I want.

And that was the start of me liking my dad more.

>> No.8530491

My mom wanted to make me play little league baseball when I was really young, but I wanted to just stay home and play nintendo instead. She almost forced me into it but my dad thought I should be able to do what I want.

And that was the start of me liking my dad more.

>> No.8530498

parents a shit

>> No.8530513
File: 515 KB, 1240x1754, 132751599435.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

They tried. I was absolutely terrible at everything they made me try and was unable to grasp the rules. For example, the only thing I understood about football was that one could not use his hands to touch the ball. At one point they made me try wrestling, which ended up in me just hitting my opponents and tearing their hair. I hated all of the stuff I tried, so I ended up just playing vidya and toying around with my imagination.

However, when I started nearing my teens I picked up martial arts. Only afterwards did I realize that everyone there was a gigantic fucking weeaboo while I was genuinely interested in it. Dropped it in highschool, and now I'm the weeaboo.

>> No.8530521

my father was mad at me when I was too afraid to climb a tree.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action