[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 656 KB, 900x1250, cupno.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8526913 No.8526913 [Reply] [Original]

/jp/ sure does love Monster Hunter. He should try the Dungeons and Dragons games released by Capcom. Monster Hunter is basically a 3D sequel to those two games.
You can't be the little girl I'm afraid, but you can be a girl. There's also a little man, but I guess that's not the same. I like to play the elf girl personally.

I know you'll want to eat cheetos and drink mountain dew for old times sake, but please think of your arcade stick's health.

>> No.8526946 [DELETED] 

>Dungeons and Dragons
It's funny how sitting in a dark room eating fatty snack foods and drinking energy drinks while arguing over dice rolls is pretty much rock-bottom to "normal" society, yet I would love that so much. Shame nobody around here really does that sort of thing.

>> No.8526977

>>8526946
You could pretend after each stage that your success was due to some awesome diceroll! Get into it enough and you might not even start crying!

>> No.8526981 [DELETED] 

>>8526977
B-but will I be able to pretend I'm playing with other people and we're all friends? I think I'd like that.

Of course the ultimate irony to all this is that if I WAS with real people, I would be afraid of and hate them.

>> No.8526992

>>8526946
I play tabletop RPGs with my friends.

>> No.8527018

>>8526981
You can pretend you're all playing singleplayer and you beat everyone's time on the stage!

>> No.8527043

I've never understood the appeal of Monster Hunter. It's just grind after grind for the whole game. They don't even try to disguise it.

>> No.8527059

>>8527043
I happen to like my grinding thank you very much.

>> No.8527061

>>8527043
It's no problem since grinding tough monsters is fun! Unless you fag it up by spamming flash bombs and traps and using some weapon that's totally OP for whatever you're hunting.

DnD however, is pure arcade. No grinding at all!

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action