[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 473 KB, 600x600, 1197127.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8500188 No.8500188 [Reply] [Original]

This is a metathread, but I don't give a shit.

To all of /jp/ who are NEETs, hikkis and freeters: how many are you are 25 and older? What are your lives like, what were they like when younger, and what is the future trajectory? How do you cope with the knowledge that you'll just grow older and more alone? Is it really going to get better? What will you do?

Life is full of questions.

>> No.8500194

I don't think you understand the concept of a metathread.

>> No.8500198

>>8500194

I just realized that. My bad.

>> No.8500206

You grow older and you are going to die.

>> No.8500221

>>8500194
meta is such a cool word, though.

>> No.8500214

>>8500194
Technically this is meta. The word carries a different meaning here, however.

>> No.8500223

I was successful in school. Never extremely popular, but I had friends. I was raised in a well-off household and had decent parents. Eventually, school became incredibly stressful for me and I began developing severe anxiety problems. I dropped out, dumped my girlfriend of 3 years, and stopped talking to my friends. I just shut myself up in my room.

I'm in college again now. Soon I'll be going on to university. I've felt a lot better, thanks in part to this very board, and I feel like I'll be able to ``succeed''. Only one way to find out, though...

>>8500198
Delete your thread and try again, maybe? People will keep whining about meta if you don't.

>> No.8500230

In my late twenties. My life up until my mid teens was fine, then I became depressed and self-harmed and wanted to die. Then I got bored of wanting to die, and dropped out of university. Eight years later, still truckin'.

>> No.8500252

29 years old.

Been NEET on and off for 15+ years. Been Hikikomori 10+ years. My future trajectory is always to improve myself and my situation but, that's been my future trajectory for 5+ years. I grew up home schooled so I was never around many people. I can count on one hand the number of friends I've had throughout my life. I got sick when I was younger and that was the turning point of becoming truNEET. I didn't talk to anyone or leave my house. I have hope for the future, but it's just that, hope. OCD and social phobias make it pretty tough to become normal and develop any type of normal social skills.

I accepted long ago I will die friendless and alone, just like I have lived. I still have hope though, I couldn't even continue to live without that.

>> No.8500259
File: 817 KB, 770x800, 86ac60be2cfad94b8f2fe63756402a78.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Can I post in here if I'm 24?

Been in uni for 6 years now, mostly because I was putting off my oral competency class. I'm finally taking it and in the practice speech I was stuttering like a motherfucker and losing my voice halfway through words, but apparently I was funny. One of the 3D pigs said I was adorable after class, but I've felt like shit ever since.

Shit post for a shit thread.

>> No.8500268
File: 471 KB, 1000x1000, 0625525968fa2771c8f24e13103268b1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8500252
Also, one year away from gaining massive wizard powers.

My life will surely improve then, right?

>> No.8500278

>>8500206
This, in a nutshell.

Deal with it.

>> No.8500291

>>8500259
>Mandatory speech class

Jewsus christ, how horrifying.

I too am facing the prospect of having spent too many years at uni without accomplishing anything, not even that oh so important networking that everyone gawks over.

>> No.8500303

>NEETs
>hikkis
Reported.

>> No.8500336

>>8500214
No, it isn't

>> No.8500399

28 NEET for 4-5 years.
Should I really bother expending the effort to answer your questions, because I highly doubt you'd care, or even read my reply.

You don't give a fuck about us really, no one does, so why bother asking us about our lives?

>> No.8500422

>>8500336
Is so.

>> No.8500430

>>8500399

Not OP, but I read all replies in these threads. Not as if I have anything better to do.

>> No.8500438

>This is a metathread, but I don't give a shit.

This is now a thread for me to spam whatever copypasta I feel like. You may be a bit assmad since I am ruining your shitthread, but I don't give a shit.

>> No.8500440

>>8500252
>homeschooled
how was it? Could you take it easy?

>> No.8500449

No.

My job is so fucking unbelievable. I'll try to sum it up by first telling you about the folks I work with:

First, there is this supermodel wanna-be chick. Yeah, okay, she is pretty hot, but damn is she completely useless. The girl is constantly fixing her hair or putting on makeup. She is extremely self-centered and has never once considered the needs or wants of anyone but herself. She is as dumb as a box of rocks, and I still find it surprising that she has enough brain power to continue to breathe.

The next chick is completely the opposite. She might even be one of the smartest people on the planet. Her career opportunities are endless, and yet she is here with us. She is a zero on a scale of 1 to 10. I'm not sure she even showers, much less shaves her "womanly" parts. I think she might be a lesbian, because every time we drive by the hardware store, she moans like a cat in heat.

But the jewel of the crowd has got to be the fucking stoner. And this guy is more than just your average pothead. In fact, he is baked before he comes to work, during work, and I'm sure after work. He probably hasn't been sober anytime in the last ten years, and he's only 22. He dresses like a beatnik throwback from the 1960's, and to make things worse, he brings his big fucking dog to work. Every fucking day I have to look at this huge Great Dane walk around half-stoned from the second-hand smoke. Hell, sometimes I even think it's trying to talk with its constant bellowing. Also, both of them are constantly hungry, requiring multiple stops to McDonalds and Burger King, every single fucking day.

Anyway, I drive these fucktards around in my van and we solve mysteries and shit.

>> No.8500456

>>8500440
Yeah, I took it easy. I guess it was kind of lonely though. At least now, I have learned to amuse myself and not rely others when I'm bored.

>> No.8500458

Okay, so I think I understand what's going on. You're curious that your "boyfriend" (read: fuck-of-the-week) spends a lot of time every day going F5 F5 F5 on 4chan's /b/, which is the only part of the fucking site he probably goes to. So you decided "Hey, I think I'll post a thread here and see what these CRAZY HILARIOUS INTERNET PEOPLE have to say!" I bet you like going to sites like Fark and collegehumor and Ebaumsworld when you're not posting glitter comments in people's myspaces and listening to the streaming mp3s they have linked on their profiles.

Also, you are a ridiculous waste of a human being with nothing better to do with your time than to sit here and say "Hey guys I'm a girl teehee I giggle and I'm soft and I get to wear cute clothes when I go out on Friday nights! Hey you know what'd be fun I have a good idea I'll sit here and press F5 F5 F5 on a thread I made and watch people from the internet talk to me!"

You're just trying to validate your vapid existence by proving your gender to you, yourself.

Femininity doesn't travel over Ethernet and DOCSIS, honey. When you're standing there at the bus stop in the morning on the way to your $8/hr part-time job, and people start talking to you, they're not "being nice people" - they're trying to find an opening to get a chance to fuck you. And you're so wrapped up in yourself that you don't even realize it, you just think that people are talking to you because you look cute and it brings a smile to their morning to see a pretty young thing like you.

But nobody would have known you were a girl if you hadn't fucking posted this abortion of a post. Therefore any and all conversation you're having here is completely initiated by you, for the sole purpose of garnering internal merit for yourself.

>> No.8500459

>>8500399

OP here, and I carry the same sentiment as >>8500430

Anyways it is just really interesting to hear about the older ones because we don't really do hear about them very much, especially with those over 30. I personally like to think that my life is going to get better (I'm 28), and even have two part time jobs (one of which is driving me into the ground), but I don't know how it will work out. I look at the 40-hour work week and wonder how I could ever do that, and I'm not even lazy.

>> No.8500465

>>8500438
You are aware of the hide thread button, right? People just hide your spam and thread continues along like normal.

Keep up the effort though, I'm sure you think it's amusing or something.

>> No.8500468

Anonymous does not really believe that 3D is Pig Disgusting. Rather, Anonymous is

the perfect tsundere. He has been jaded by painful experiences in the past, and

feigns indifference or disgust to protect himself from being hurt again. But peel

away the tsuntsun mask, and you'll see that there is a vulnerable deredere core

yearning to see the light of the day and receive acknowledgment and acceptance

from others.

Indeed, every time Anonymous sees a girl that is even slightly interesting, in his

own mind he has probably already planned their wedding and named their children

before his tsun side catches up to him a few seconds later and rationalizes a

hundred reasons why he shouldn't talk to her. For reasons of pride or shame or

somewhere in between, he has to reject her before she ever has the opportunity to

do so to him. That way he doesn't have to risk being hurt.

>> No.8500476

I'd just like to tell you something I learned in my health class today. All you tea drinkers out there, who think they are getting great health benefits are idiots. You are drinking leaves, how is that healthy? Your just drinking chlorophyll!

90% of the people who drink tea on this site are just fucking WEEABOOS. You drink tea just because the JAPS do it. Well, the JAPS have you conned. The other 10% are just britfags, and you are excused, because you are naturally fucking morons. Tea is just a LEAF! Japs aren't smart. You see how shitty their Yen is? You think that someone, who can't even keep a good economy, has the intelligence to know how good tea is? Bullshit.

Enjoy your diluted organic particles and chlorophyll, you've all been conned by the crafty, yet idiot NIPS.

>> No.8500474

>>8500449
I didn't guess until I read the last line.

>> No.8500472

>>8500449
god damn I read it

>> No.8500480

However, to narrow the scope to only danmaku shmups, I'm
feeling a bit dissatisfied with the direction that it's currently
headed. The main issues are the rapid inflation of difficulty,
games that have only a lot of bullets, effects that are fancy and
beautiful, but are not easy on the eyes; and games with new
systems that don't require dodging bullets. That is my opinion.
Many of them are usually fun to play as games, but even
though that might be fine as it is, in some instances it might
give the impression that "Dodging bullets is not fun; of course
there are going to be a lot of bullets in an shmup." If they don't
try to find dodging bullets fun, why don't they try to reconsider
why they would play a shmup if the enemies' shots were gone?

>> No.8500492

I had a strange dream the other day. I was riding the bus when all of a sudden this huge black snake head with retarded-looking eyes pops through the window and screams loudly "HAVE YOU READ YOUR SICP TODAY?" The bus had just stopped beside the library, and I ran inside as quickly as possible; the snake head was now chasing me around as I frantically searched for the legendary book among the shelves. I spotted the distinctive blue cover and ran toward it, the huge head inches from my ass. With great force I pulled the book from the shelf and instinctively directed it at the black head which by now was dripping with saliva at the mouth. It disappeared as it made contact with the book, disintegrating into a flurry of glowing parentheses.

I just sat there dazed for a few seconds, watching the feathery parentheses slowly become smaller and fade away into nothingness. Slowly, I stood up, still clutching the purple book. I wondered about what I should do with it, then decided to put it back on the shelf. After doing so, I walked back out to the exit and boarded a bus, for where I did not know. The bus driver looked strangely familiar as I dropped the coins into the farebox;

"HAVE YOU READ YOUR SICP TODAY?" he suddenly yelled at me. Oh fuck, I thought to myself. Now I knew why he looked so familiar: He was The Sussman!

>> No.8500504

We don't need no indirection
We don't need no flow control
No data typing or declarations
Hey! did you leave the lists alone?
Chorus:
Oh No. It's just a pure LISP function call.

We don't need no compilation
We don't need no load control
No link edit for external bindings
Hey! did you leave that source alone?
(Chorus)

We don't need no side-effecting
We don't need no flow control
No global variables for execution
Hey! did you leave the args alone?
(Chorus)

We don't need no allocation
We don't need no special-nodes
No dark bit-flipping for debugging
Hey! did you leave those bits alone?
(Chorus)
-- "Another Glitch in the Call", a la Pink Floyd

>> No.8500512

>>8500476
Moderate consumption of green tea has actually b een proven to have positive health effects.

I can't be bothered to drink it, though.

And you're a boring person.

>> No.8500513

You don't gotta landscape, why not ride your bike for like, a couple hours. Grab your iPod, fire up your favorite IOSYS album, and just cruise around in the evening. Push yourself, and by the time it's getting dark you should be sufficiently dead enough to want to plop down and snooze.

Although, if gaming makes you exhausted you can try it, but personally, I've never had insane dreams after long gaming marathons. But that's just me! Give it a shot, see what works for you!

>> No.8500518

>>8500468
80 columns AND double spaced? What the hell dude, this isn't USENET!

>> No.8500524

Jesus Christ.

Someone, quit being a nigger.

>> No.8500526

I hit my waifu today, /jp/.

We were having an argument and she went too far. She made a comment along the lines of "your loser father couldn't keep a relationship together and you can't either!". When I was around 11, my parents got divorced and fought for custody. My dad wanted me and my brother because he genuinely loved us. My mom wanted us just to spite my dad. She won, and my dad kinda lost it over the years.

This was too far for me. I had never, EVER hit a girl before, but it happened so fast I didn't even know I did it.

Basically, I cocked my fist back, and flew it straight into her nose. I thought it would be like the movies where she would get a little trickle of blood. It wasn't. Her nose EXPLODED. I think I must of broken a bunch of cartilege or something because blood shot out of both her nostrils, got all over me, got all over the floor. She staggered backwards, hit her head hard enough on the wall to leave a dent, and slumped down.

We were both stunned for about 10 seconds before she started crying hysterically and ran into my room and locked the door. I washed off my hand, browsed /jp/ for a bit, and took a dump. While I was in the bathroom I heard her run out of the house and take off in her car. That was about 5 hours ago so I guess she didn't go to the cops or anything.

I'm not too sure what to do next.

>> No.8500532

>>8500476

impossibru! gaijin salad is onry reafs! how is that healthy? Its just REAFS!!

>> No.8500542

>What are your lives like?
Sit around and browse websites. Play games. Watch anime. Take care of the house and yard work. Take care of the dog. Basically, I try to do as much as possible to help out around the house so I don't seem like the freeloading loser that I am. Other than that, a lot of my time is spent in a paralyzing state of anxiety/fear about how to get out of this situation.

>What were they like when younger
Complete normalfag as a kid. Things got worse through middle school and high school, but then I had two normalfag years at the end of high school after I lost weight (even had shitty 3DPD girlfriends). Basically, I had some ups and some downs. I was never the type of person who fit in well with people though.

>What is the future trajectory?
I try and improve myself day by day, doing stuff like learning Japanese, exercising, and other activities that keep my mind busy and build some semblance of self-confidence. I may just take whatever job I can get and try and save up as much money as I can for a while and then go somewhere to start my own life, no matter how shitty it is.

>Is it really going to get better?
I'd say part of it is pure luck, and part of it is the desire and effort to improve your situation. Things won't get better if you keep doing the same thing every day; I've learned that lesson very well. Ultimately, things will hopefully get better unless some catastrophic event happens in my life.

>How do you cope with the knowledge that you'll just grow older and more alone?
I think about it from time to time, but at 26 years old, even if I'm not in my prime anymore, I still have plenty of years left before my brain and body stop working. I don't really ever feel sad about being alone. To me, the most important thing in life is being able to do what I want to do. If you have friends, girlfriends, family, etc., then your free time is taken away from you.

>> No.8500575

Dinosaurs are one of the coolest things from my childhood, and I remember all the dinos-- MOTHERFUCKING DINOSAURS, HOW THE FUCK DO YOU THINK I FEEL ABOUT THEM? MOTHERFUCKER, I WANT A CUTE LITTLE VELOCIRAPTOR AS A PET, TO CUDDLE UP WITH HIS FEATHERS AND EVERYTHING. I DON'T MEAN A JURASSIC PARK VELOCIRAPTOR EITHER, THAT'S A DIENONYCHUS, I'M TALKING ABOUT A REAL VELOCIRAPTOR. ABOUT THE SIZE OF A CAT, AND IT'S A PACK ANIMAL, SO IT WOULD BE LIKE HAVING A TWO LEGGED DOG COVERED IN FEATHERS. I'D TOTALLY NAME HIM SOMETHING AWESOME, LIKE NATHANIEL OR SOMETHING, AND I'D CARRY HIM AROUND WITH ME, AND MAYBE TEACH HIM TO STAND ON MY SHOULDER, AND ALL THE GIRLS WOULD BE ALL OVER IT, THEY'D BE "OH, ENGARDE, THAT'S A CUTE LITTLE RAPTOR YOU'VE GOT THERE, CAN I PET HIM?" AND I'D BE LIKE, "WELL, SURE YOU CAN, NATHANIEL LIKES BEAUTIFUL WOMEN." AND THEN SHE'D BE ALL BLUSHY, AND WE'D START A MEANINGFUL CONVERSATION ABOUT RAPTORS, BECAUSE WOMEN LOVE DINOSAURS.
I'D HAVE NATHANIEL SIT ON MY DESK AND KEEP ME COMPANY ALL DAY.

>> No.8500581

One day, Mokou was out shopping with the neet. They drank a lot of lemonade and had to piss, so they went to the bathroom together. While Mokou was doing her business, the neet stuck her head under the stall divider.

"So what do you think of that new dress? Shit is so cash, right?"

"Kaguya, you can't do that!" Mokou screamed. "Get out!"

Mokou started kicking the neet in the face, but the neet braved the pain and slithered under the divider and into the spacious stall. The neet carefully squirmed her arm under Mokou's leg and began to finger her. This caused Mokou's piss stream to intensify, a golden torrent rivaling a fire hydrant. The piss was powerful enough to knock down the stall door, sending it crashing into the far wall. Picking Mokou up by her underarms, the neet carried her around as a mobile piss cannon, blasting holes in walls and ripping apart innocent shoppers in a wall of hot urine. When Mokou was finally exhausted, the pair stood in the ruins of the mall, knee-deep in a golden lake. Piss mixed with shoppers' blood rained down from what was left of the ceiling. Too embarrassed to even move, she offered no resistance as the neet shoved her head underwater and drowned Mokou in her own piss. The neet whipped out her cell phone and called Cirno, informing the fairy of a whole new lake that just formed that she can play in.

And they named it FINLAND

>> No.8500588

>>8500542

I don't feel sad being alone, either, although I did for a couple of years in my mid-20s because I felt that relationships were somehow denied to me. I got over that, though, and realized that they are almost always more trouble than they are worth.

>> No.8500664

>>8500588
Here>>8500252

The only times I do feel sad, depress or lonely is when I think about that. In my mind I do indeed want a 3DPD waifu of my own. Seeing as I have no real life experience with such things and read a lot of "it's not worth it" comments I think they're probably right, realistically. I still can't let go of the concept though, not untill I really experience it for myself and decide if it's worth it or not.

Friends in general though, I don't even remember what that's like. I feel as I don't need them though.

>> No.8500682

>>8500664

Friends come and go. Usually they become irrelevant over time, once you aren't in the same boat anymore. I actually can't think of a single friend from my past that I still keep in regular contact with, and even when I rarely do it is usually just "Wow, yeah, seems like you're doing great", like you'd find on facebook.

I'm not bothered by the lack of friends too much because I just can't relate to anyone, so making friends and keeping them would just feel forced and unnatural. Part of me wishes that it wasn't like that, but then I'd have to change myself into something that I'm not, and I'm not going to have any of that.

>> No.8500745

I'm not sure why people are afraid of being alone. There's absolutely nothing that says you have to be with someone.

Only thing that bothers me is that I can't get a decent job to be able to rent a small home and move in to live independently. I have to cope with living with my parents. The worst thing in the world is having to depend on my parents and having to hear shit from them about my future. As if it's any of their business (other than financially).

The other thing I'm afraid of is losing my motor skills or becoming retarded one way or the other due to my severe lack of physical activity; I'm in worst shape all the time.

If I managed to get my own good income and maintain my health for the rest of my life, I'll be perfectly happy living "forever alone". In that case, I might think about starting some temporary relationships, but they're not requirements for happiness; just bonuses.

Considering how much of a miser I am, though, I might still think of having a girlfriend as nothing but a waste of time and money for a long time.

>> No.8500753

>and freeters
YES, THANK YOU. finally a little recognition for the underachievers and underemployed.

>> No.8500754

Start with a cage containing five monkey. Inside the cage, hang a banana on a string and place a set of stairs under it. Before long, one of the monkeys will go to the stairs and start to climb towards the banana. As soon as he touches the stairs, all of the monkeys are sprayed with cold water.

After a while, another monkey makes an attempt with the same result, then, all of the monkeys are sprayed with cold water. Pretty soon, none of the monkeys will try to climb the stairs. Now, put away the cold water. Remove one monkey from the cage and replace it with a new one. The new monkey sees the banana and wants to climb the stairs. To his surprise and horror, all of the other monkeys attack him. After another attempt and attack, he knows that if he tries to climb the stairs, he will be assaulted.

Next, remove another of the original five monkeys and replace it with a new one. The newcomer goes to the stairs and is attacked. The previous newcomer takes part in the punishment with enthusiasm! Likewise, replace a third original monkey with a new one, then a fourth, and then a fifth. Every time the newest monkey takes to the stairs, he is attacked. Most of the monkeys that are beating him have no idea why they were not permitted to climb the stairs, or why they are participating in the beating of the newest monkey.

After replacing all the original monkeys, none of the remaining monkeys have ever been sprayed with cold water. Nevertheless, no monkey ever again approaches the stairs to try for the banana. Why not?

Because Otaku Culture.

>> No.8500761

You know, I always wanted a Cardcaptor Sakura parody with a scientific bend, where instead of a bunch of cards some pedophile wizard created for his twisted enjoyment (seriously, why does the card specifically designed to wash him look like a ten year old girl? And good heavens, Clow Reed, being too lazy to wash yourself is slovenly even by /jp/ standards.) Sakura/another magical girl accidentally the whole laws of nature, since the laws of nature are conveniently stored in a single book and put into the reach of a ten year old girl.

So instead of the Earthy, the Fly, the Jump and so on, she'll have to fight and subdue cards like the Thermodynamics (four little girls, one for each law of thermodynamics obviously), the Natural Selection, the Le Chatelier's Principle and so on. Of course, since those cards can freely alter the scientific law they govern, she has to pull Jojo-style elaborate plans to capture them, such as kicking the Thermodynamics to the space using the Gravity, where there isn't much heat for the former card to use. She is assisted in her quest by Newton and Leibniz, fluffy animal mascots who eventually turn out to really be those Newton and Leibniz. Unlike Cerberus and Yue, both of them serve her from the beginning, but they're not much help because all they do is bickering constantly about who invented calculus.

There should be yuri too, because it is an unspoken law that magical girl shows should have yuri, and both Newton and Leibniz's reactions to it should be gold since they're good Christians. I dislike how Syaoran turned out, especially since as of Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicles there's a few hundred copies/reincarnations of him running around.

>> No.8500768

>>8500754
I love you.

>> No.8500774

IF U WERE FLAMED FOR USING LISP TOMORROW, I WOULDNT GO 2 UR SUICIDE CUZ ID B N DAT CUNTS HOUSE N SHOVE SICP DOWN HIS THROAT!
//`'''```,
o // LISP `.,
,....OOo. .c;.',,,.'``.,,.`
.' ____.,'.//
/ _____ \___/.'
| / || \\---\|
|| || \\ ||
co co co co
WE TRUE SMUG LISP WEENIES
WE READ SICP TOGETHER
WE COUNT PARENTHESES TOGETHER

>> No.8500813

>>8500754
I have my doubts about this, Buttrange-sama.

>> No.8500825

>>8500813
I have my doubts about your heterosexuality.

>> No.8500827

So there I was in Little Ceasars getting some crazy bread and cheese sauce, when I look over at my girlfriend who's sitting down, apparently unphased by how much her shirt is hanging down and how much her titties are showing.

"Jesus christ, cover your tits up."
"I can do what I want."

Upon hearing this, the giant negra in line next to me turns to face me, makes eye contact, turns to look my girlfriend in the face, lowers her gaze to her tits, looks back at her face, looks towards me, I smile and nod, and he goes back to ordering.

She got offended I didn't do anything but hey, fuck that. I'll share.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action