[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 92 KB, 800x600, rancejp..jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8353797 No.8353797 [Reply] [Original]

So I've been thinking, why are Alicesoft games like Rance so despised? Everywhere I go people are going on and on about how it's a babies first eroge and it's for new people. But so what if that's true? The gameplay is legitimately fun and at least all the protagonists of those games aren't beta self-project pieces of shit like in most eroge.

>> No.8353823

>beta self-project pieces of shit
Typical casual way of thinking

>> No.8353826

So basically you like it because you can fantasize about being an alpha male like Rance instead of being constantly reminded of your own worthlessness by less ridiculous protagonists?
Okay.

>> No.8353828

As you so succinctly put it yourself, it's babby's first eroge. Thus, it is not deep enough for readers such as us. Also, we're all hipsters.

>> No.8353835

1: /jp/ is full of eroge hipsters.
2: Rance isn't really a VN, and it constantly being described as such spreads ignorance, pissing /jp/ off.
3: Alicesoft were dicks about blocking foreigners because of the rapelay bullshit.
4: Eirin's Shady New Drug

Pick one

>> No.8353848

Every titles become babies' first thing when they're popular. I don't know why some people called Umineko babby's first VN on /jp/ but it's sure popular here. Same with touhou and YMK.

>> No.8353845
File: 244 KB, 400x300, Rance.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I play Rance for the dialogue.

>> No.8353849

>>8353828
I prefer mature novels for mature people such as myself.

>> No.8353850

Rance was cool before it was run into the ground by autists.
It's literally "arrow to the knee" situation.

>> No.8353865

Rance is like those games for crackheads

>> No.8353891

We got bored of this 2 years ago and don't want to talk about it anymore. The fact that people don't understand this makes us frustrated as hell.

>> No.8353897

>>8353865
I would love a Meth Tycoon game

>> No.8353900
File: 590 KB, 1280x720, Konachan.com - 112335 game_cg sengoku_hime.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8353797

There are those of use who actively like it too (and spread it around when possible). But, for a board such as this, it's assumed that the populace already knows about it, with the occasional thread for the newfags.

As many anons have already pointed out, there're several hipsters around /jp/, so they tend to not like things that are 'too popular'. More importantly, haven't you learned to ignore them yet? /jp/ has a difficult time having meaningful discussions, so I'm a bit surprised you're asking a serious question here.

>> No.8353901

Alright well what about Daibancho? I similarly found it to be extremely fun, but pretty sure it's less popular and thus is it hipster enough?
And >>8353826
I don't particularly like fantasizing about or self projecting onto anyone, so I find it irritating to have to deal with a character who's specifically designed for that and is boring. And it's much more entertaining to watch an alpha asshole fuck shit up.

>> No.8353920

My only problem with Rance is that there are certain paths of action that are simply so advantageous that the game is more about finding out what they are and taking them rather than really developing a strategy to fight an enemy.

It's like a vn where you have to take 40+ choice sequences in a row to get where you want to be going.

If the game were less dependent on pursuing a set path objective and was more about adapting to an offensive, it would be a better game.

>> No.8353934

Most of Alicesoft doesnt make Touhou games. That's why.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action