[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 50 KB, 450x268, img_mid.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8293985 No.8293985 [Reply] [Original]

Greetings /jp/,

can you tell me your opinions on "ef - a fairy tale of the two." and "Muv-Luv" VNs. They seem fairly long to me and i don't want to be disappointed by seeing nothing aside of teen angst romance most/all the time ...

Thank you for responses in advance

>> No.8293990

You probably shouldn't read romance stories if you don't want to see romance.

>> No.8293994 [DELETED] 

muv luv is an unsurmountable wall of eroge medium

>> No.8294037

>>8293990

Maybe i chose wrong words, but i meant i don't want stories which revolves around romance almost entirely/all the time. I don't mind certain kinds of romance, but not when things are overdone. These VNs gives me mixed feelings, and i believe it's better to ask about them then to spend over 50 hours with them and be disappointed, in my opinion.

>>8293994

Oh, i would rather have something called story

>> No.8294066

Muvluv extra: high-school comedy harem
Muvluv unlimited: a bit more serious harem military school setting with mecha
Muvluv alternative: Norio Wakamoto gives a speech while Masaki Endoh sings in the background and everyone salutes.

>> No.8294071

>>8294037
Can you go ask this somewhere else? Like on /v/ or /a/? They may cater to your kind better.

Thanks~

>> No.8294079

>ef
Watch the anime.

>Muv-Luv
>>8294066
said.

>> No.8294084

>>8294071
>>>/b/

>> No.8294098

>>8294071

What? Did i said something offending?

>>8294066

>Norio Wakamoto gives a speech while Masaki Endoh sings in the background and everyone salutes.

Guess i have reason for trying it out now

>> No.8294118

>>8294098
Nah, you will generally get a better response from the people there than the people here. Judging by how you're looking for certain content.

They've done it more recently has have a bit less experience with VNs, so their taste would be more inline with yours.

>> No.8294147

>>8294118

>They've done it more recently has have a bit less experience with VNs, so their taste would be more inline with yours.

>less experience with VNs

I finished over 80 visuals novels. Is that really what one can call "less experience"?

>> No.8294149

>>8294098
Here's my opinion

muvluv extra: Harem, pretty decent
muvluv unlimited: Harem, military, disappointing ending
muvluv alternative: Decent at first but turns from depressing to grimdark. Ending is good though.

>> No.8294174

>>8294147
I didn't say you had less experience. I meant that when searching for opinions, it's best to ask people who are also actively reading and searching for opinions the same way you are. Since they have less experience, they are more excited and much more involved in discussion.

Most on /jp/ aren't searching for shit, and have read those ages ago, so their opinions have less flare.

>> No.8294185

>>8294066
>>8294149

Just to make sure. Order to play is

>Extra > Unlimited >Alternative

right?

Also i saw some suggestions to read Extra again after finishing these for some mindfuck, is that true?

>> No.8294195

>>8294185
Not a mindfuck, so much as "Well shit, that was foreshadowing something."
Which is a good 50% of the scenes in Extra.

>> No.8294192

>>8294185
Muv-Luv is made up of Extra and Unlimited. You have to go in order there. After that you read Alternative.

>> No.8294193

>>8294147
>80 visuals novels
You finished 80 VNs and you didnt read Muv Luv or ef?
What the hell? Do you spend all your time playing nukige or ntr shit?

>> No.8294206

>>8294193

>What the hell? Do you spend all your time playing nukige or ntr shit?

No, i rarely, if ever play nukige and i don't play NTR at all. I just didn't got down to these particular titles, that's all.

>> No.8294213

>>8294185
Extra and Unlimited are one game. You have to clear Meiya and Sumika route in Extra to unlock Unlimited.

Alternative is the sequel. It's recommended to play Extra/Unlimited first because there are flashbacks to events that happen in the previous game.

>> No.8294307

>>8294037
You probably shouldn't read romance stories if you don't want stories which revolve around romance almost entirely/all the time.

>> No.8295650

>>8294195
What? Just replayed extra, maybe I just missed it but I didn't see any foreshadowing.

>> No.8295664
File: 45 KB, 84x228, muvluvers gonna muvluv.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.8295670

>>8295650
All the parts where Takeru goes back to his own dimension in Alternative are already there in Extra.
An example off my mind is where they hear something coming from the bushes, at the time you just dismiss it as weird, then you see the truth behind that scene in Alternative. There's also an instance where Sumika says you just left or something when meeting you.

>> No.8295682

Then there's the whole Mikoto Sadogashima thing.

>> No.8295683

Without, of course, mentioning all the situations that are basically an everyday version of Unlimited's characters background like Tama's stage fright problems or Kei's love triangle

>> No.8295701
File: 972 KB, 800x600, marimo.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Let me tell you why this game is shit

1. It took fucking FOREVER. Even though it's a simple, uncomplicated storyline, they mange to drag this shit out for about 50 fucking hours. Only about 20 of those had anything significant happening, the rest was filled with loldeep moral faggotry and fucking lectures on stupid shit. Not to mention EXPLAINING character development. "This is what happened, this is how I felt before, this how it changed me, blah, blah, blah..." SHUT THE FUCK UP! Yeah, I saw what fucking happened, you don't have to explain it. You're literally undermining any actual character development this game had.

2. THE FUCKING MC! Has to be the most unlikeable retarded fuck in the history in VN history. Spends Extra being a stuck up, arrogant, dick. Spends Unlimited being a unless little bitch. Spends 1/3 of Alternative being an arrogant faggot thinking how better he is than the people who actually changed him from a useless little bitch to someone not utterly useless, giving them lectures, and generally talking about how he's right and they're wrong. THEN, at the first sign of trouble he instantly reverts back to whiny little useless bitch literally pissing in his pants. Then basically spends the rest of the game being pretty fucking useless and retarded. 1. MC: I'm so much more grown up now. That last event really changed me. 2. Other character: But that's wrong you fucking retard 3. Oh how foolish I was! I'm still a child 4. Rinse 5. Repeat. This cycle literally went on till the very last second of the game.

>> No.8295702
File: 848 KB, 800x600, tama.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

3. The main heroines died in such stupid fucking ways. Meiya and Sumika were really the only ones who had meaningful deaths that weren't completely retarded. "I HAVE TO SACRIFICE MYSELF FOR THE MAN I LOVE! I'M TOO STUPID TO USE THAT THING IN MY HEAD CALLED A BRAIN AND THINK UP A LESS RETARDED WAY!" Not to mention they all died in a span of 20 minutes. It really all seemed like an after though. Like the writers we're thinking "Guys! Wtf!? The game is about to end! We need to kill these bitches off already!"

4. The tentacle rape. Firstly, is it just me or was this the longest sex scene in any of the games? Why was it even there? It was completely unnecessary. Being torn apart while you're alive is more than enough to cause mental trauma. You don't need to have sex with aliens. It made me lose A LOT of sympathy I had for Sumika. Being torn apart against your will and being torn apart because you enjoy being a fuck toy are pretty different was to go. Shock value? Fap material? I don't know, but it was just 3rd rate /d/ hentai.

How can anyone rate this game above mediocre? Is the VN community seriosuly full of 12 year olds? "OMG HOT GIRLS FIGHTING ALIENS!" "YEAH!" "OMG LOOK! SHE'S BEING RAPED BY ALIENS!" "FAPFAPFAP" In all honesty I thought Unlimited was much better, even though I only did Meiya's route. Not only did it take like 1/10 of the time, the endings were meaningful and had impact.

tl;dr It's shit. Saying it's the best thing ever has to be an elaborate troll to get people to waste their time.

>> No.8295819

>>8295701
>>8295702
Japanese visual novels have the most ham fisted storytelling and cookie cutter characters of any genre. People can kid themselves but the reason most people play Muv-Luv is to masturbate or pretend they are in a relationship and then masturbate.

>> No.8295833
File: 846 KB, 800x600, sumika.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8295819

Actually, most of /m/ only played it for the setting and mecha.

>> No.8295983

sage for kusoge

>> No.8296133

Muv-Luv original is about 70% slapstick/silly comedy scenes and then like 30% romance. The real focus of the story is not at all on romance because the common parts are really huge.

Some of the comedy scenes fail miserably but others are among the funniest things I've seen in a VN.

Plus, if you only do the required sub plots (which is all you should do for Extra), it's actually pretty short.

Unlimited is actually pretty good and is like 40% comedy, 40% drama, and 20% romance. The story is much more focused on setting building.

ML:A is balls to the walls awesome. Even though the character still has recurring bouts of Japanese Protagonist Faggot Syndrome, the story is pretty awesome to watch.

>> No.8296270

I've always wondered, what is "Muv" and why would I luv it?

>> No.8296545

Age doesn't know shit about telling a story. The premise of MLA is interesting but they fucked it up so badly, it's unbearable. But animetards seem to love it, so maybe you'll like it too.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action