[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 593 KB, 800x600, 1322680817329.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8249332 No.8249332 [Reply] [Original]

/jp/ my depression is at a point where I don't even feel human anymore. I've been void of human contact for a long time, and I've lost interest in nearly everything.

I know people say that a lot, but I really have; I'm sitting here frozen. I have 200GB of VNs, Starcraft II/MMOs, and such, but I have literally no interest whatsoever. I couldn't care less even though these are my main interests.

I don't even feel like eating or moving. I'm even uninterested in sleep. I feel like I'm suffocating. My heart is always beating fast even though I hardly move.

What do I do /jp/?

>> No.8249335

You go ask /adv/

>> No.8249334

you sjould join us here on tinychan

http://tinychan.org/

we'dlike oyu there

>> No.8249348

Watch MST3K

>> No.8249355

At this point you have three options:
>1
Seek help
>2
Open a portal to Gensokyo
>3
Do nothing and sink into a depression so deep you will not even have enough energy to end your own life.

>> No.8249388
File: 59 KB, 689x708, 1323205687876.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Why don't you get a god damn job, Al?

>> No.8249465

>>8249335

It's just a bunch of normals and fat girls. They wouldn't understand. /jp/ is my only "friend", so I wanted to ask her.

I even have no longer have interest in picking up my Japanese which was *solely* the only thing that has been keeping me going for a year; the revelation that even that couldn't help me was almost enough to bring tears to eyes.

Is this what a person feels like in the movies when he's been stabbed and he tells his friend to go on?

>> No.8249594
File: 401 KB, 850x1208, 918969030008.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Come play osu, I'll put some heartwarming Hnnnng vids of the girls, don't spect high level gameplay though.

>> No.8249598
File: 705 KB, 1500x1000, 96722 - blonde_hair dress hat k2isu kirisame_marisa sky touhou.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I was there about a year ago, OP. I've been that person; I know how far down that rabbit hole goes. There's nothing for you down there. Trust me. There's a kind of morbid curiosity about what lies at that extent of oblivion, and that's the real danger: The illusion that there's something to see, some event, once there's nowhere left to go. There isn't. There is no bottom, no glorious splatter when you run out of depth to fall. You just hang in eternal limbo, waiting for something that will never come. And then years later, you will wonder why you spent all that time looking for your finale.

My advice? Get help. There is no such thing as strong enough for dealing with depression. No matter how tough you think you are. Believe me, I know. I was that guy to all my friends; the rock. People saw me as perpetually friendzoned. I just saw myself as reliable. The trick is that depression is not an external thing you can just power through, and it's not a passive condition that you can ignore: It is you fighting yourself. The harder you try to tolerate it, the more deeply ingrained it becomes. The more coping mechanisms you develop, the more of you is tied up in being depressed. Not every fight has to be won alone.

>> No.8249600

>>8249598

There are free clinics all over the place if you can't afford it. I've been getting therapy for almost a year now, and I've even gotten quality medication on the cheap.(Wal-Mart has a $4 prescription program. Look in to it.) I feel significantly better. I'm able to do the things I like to again without feeling hollow. Names of people in the past don't haunt me like so many diseases. Even my abject failures are taken with a new stride of optimism, knowing that I have learned from the experience and will never make that mistake again.

Life can be good, if you let it be. Some of us have to try harder than others, but that doesn't change the fact. So please, Anon. Go see a doctor, be honest. With them and yourself. I've seen a lot of people hold things back because they're humiliated about their need of help, but all that does is keep the doctor from doing their job. So take that step, and if you can relate all your problems with untrembling voice and steady heart, do it. If you can't get through a sentence without tearing up, tell them through your sobs. Just get the help any way you can, and know that even if you can't see them, there are always people rooting for you.

I know I am. <3

>> No.8249610

Still around OP?

>> No.8249618

Sounds like clinical depression to me, you're going to need meds. Muster all your strength and get someone to take you to a psychiatrist. Trust me, they will help.

>> No.8249619

At least you don't live with your parents.

>> No.8249621

>>8249600
>>>/adv/
>>>/r9k/
>>>/soc/

Leave the OP alone and stop trolling him.

>> No.8249628

>>8249621

I was trolling him by offering my heartfelt desire for him to seek the help he needs, going so far as to offer my own experience with clinical depression?

Well damn. I must be a really good troll. I didn't even know I was doing it.

>> No.8249631

>>8249600

I just don't think meds will help. Why would I want to embarrass myself, and then put drugs in my system that don't fix any of my problems?

Thanks for the advice though. I know /jp/ has others like me, so it will probably help them to read it too.

>> No.8249650

>>8249631
Meds do help, they alter some of the chemicals in your brain. Depression is all about your brain fucking up with its chemicals. It's not an embarrassment to go to the doctor, that's what he's there for.

>> No.8249653

>>8249631

I didn't think so either, Anon. But going with an old adage, don't knock it until you try it. Antidepressants aren't one of the largest markets in the world because they're placebo. And maybe the won't fix all your problems, but they'll give you enough of an edge to do that on your own. That's what they're really for: Not to make life sunshine and rainbows, but to give you back the capacity to make it that on your own. By the way, looking back on it, feeling embarrassed about it is the depression talking as well. Nobody makes fun of a depressed person. (Emo kids are not the same thing.) Nobody thinks lowly of them, or wonders why they just can't keep their shit together. Having been on the outside, then the inside, and now halfway between depressed and non-depressed, I can state with relative clarity that depression is one of the least-maligned ailments out there. I'd be willing to bet money that if you got the help, you'd feel the same way looking back on it. So please, for me if not for yourself, at least try?

>> No.8249670

>>8249653

I suppose it sounds like an okay idea, but I've always rejected it because if I did that I don't think my dad would accept me. He's angry with me for not having a job, so I don't want him to think it's a copout which he will. He's always been the hard working old-style "blood and sweat" kind of person. My mom used to beat me, so I don't talk to her anymore and she's not in this equation.

But I will make sure I remember the things you've told me regardless.

>> No.8249693

>>8249334
Tinychan is nothing but shitposting and tripfag circlejerks and drama. That's not even an exaggeration. The only reason to go there is to catch up on Kimmo news.

>> No.8249692

>>8249670

I know that feeling, Anon. But ultimately, its yourself you have to live with for the rest of your life. And if your dad sees a marked turnaround in your life afterwards, what is he going to do? Complain that you're successful? I rejected medication for -years- because my younger brother used his depression to get everything and anything he wanted out of my parents. I didn't want to be like him, so I sat in my problems. You've gotta get a tiny sliver of that haters-gonna-hate in you just long enough to get to the doctor. It's okay to be selfish in this regard; even if you're 100% white knight like me, how many people are you going to be able to help while socially, financially, and emotionally crippled?

I'm happy our paths crossed, and glad you're considering what I've said. Best of luck to you, Anonymous. <3

>> No.8249703

OP, you need a healthy dose of 3DPD.

>> No.8249718

You're completely pathetic. You should stop feeling hatred and sadness altogether.

But you're too weak to do that, aren't you, homosexual?

You can turn to dust and die now!

>> No.8249723
File: 131 KB, 850x1200, sort (269).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

meditation will definitely help you.
you have to get control of your chaotic mind.
i'm only talking about the practice itself, no doctrines needed.

for starts, spend your day without distracting to tv, pc, books and anything else.
for meditation, lurk Vipassana

>> No.8249725
File: 966 KB, 817x1567, Xemnas_Render[1].png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8249718

>> No.8249727

>>8249703
Alright, that was a joke. I think the best thing you could start doing right now is fixing your eating and sleeping habits. Force yourself to eat healthy foods and try to stick to a bed time routine. When you start feeling better, you could start exercising a little bit. I hear that does wonders for depression. Then go see a shrink and have him hook you up with anti depressants.

>> No.8249728

Have you considered living in the woods?
Humans aren't meant to live in the modern world, we evolved as hunter gathers, and most people report much greater life satisfaction from being a hunter gatherer.

>"Cutting the bloody cord, that’s what we feel, the delirious exhilaration of independence, a rebirth backward in time and into primeval liberty, into freedom in the most simple, literal, primitive meaning of the word, the only meaning that really counts. The freedom, for example, to commit murder and get away with it scot-free, with no other burden than the jaunty halo of conscience."

Alternatively, >>8249598 >>8249600 's advice is pretty good

>> No.8249730

>>8249728
He should probably go outside and take walks first.

Small steps first.

>> No.8249731

Kill yourself. You're a weakling for having such thoughts in the first place.

Just natural selection eliminating the weak-minded.

>> No.8249736

>>8249730
Right, but OP should try to get closer to nature, go on a hike. Go swimming in the local creek. Eat dried fruits and nuts, live naturally.

>> No.8249751

I've said this in many similar threads before:
Coming form personal experience, you need to get active. Get outside. Try climbing a mountain/going on a hike. Nature is a great way of dealing with depression.

And as a bonus, your high BP and bad cardiovascular health will get drastically better after only a week or two of doing this once every couple days.

I apologize for not taking the time to do my regular tl;dr, this is something that I am very passionate about. Helping people who have experienced what myself and many of my friends have as well.

>> No.8249753

Mr. tl;dr here.

The anons suggesting exercise have it right on the money. The chemical changes it causes are so potent that doctors will actually -prescribe- it, not just suggest it. Try going for a brisk walk for maybe half an hour every other day. It doesn't have to be Olympic stuff. Just enough to get you moving.

>> No.8249781

>>8249355
>1
>Seek help
>2
>Open a portal to Gensokyo
>3
>Do nothing and sink into a depression so deep you will not even have enough energy to end your own life.

I was going to do 2, but then a friend intervened and did 1, then that friend decided it wasn't putting up with my shit anymore, and now I am 3.

Don't be tricked by 1, half the time it just leads to 3.

>> No.8249785

>>8249781
"Help" doesn't mean half-assed effort from some "friend". It means going to a doctor.

>> No.8249791

Get out normalfag. True NEETs aren't depressed; they don't feel dissatisfaction about their lifestyle, and they don't secretly wish they had a job, friends, and social life.

>> No.8249793

>>8249753
I love Mr. TL;DR!!

>> No.8249800

>>8249791

And true /jp/ers don't use cancer talk on the level of incorrectly greentexting like "___fag".

>>>/a/

>> No.8249835

>>8249800
>And true /jp/ers don't use cancer talk on the level of incorrectly greentexting like "___fag".

This is what normalfags actually believe.

>> No.8249843

>>8249785
No, it means you stop going to the doctors because you lose motivation to keep doing so because your friends already decided you won't die so its fine to cut ties with you. The doctor won't force you into an institution or anything either since he determines you're no longer a risk to yourself either, you're just depressed, hence leading to 3.

>> No.8249903

Only 200GB? Come back when you have over a terabyte of /jp/ related content!

On a more serious note, I'd like to echo what other people have said. Exercise would probably be a good idea, as well as professional help. Stop making threads like this, get off /jp/ for a while, and take some of these anon's advice.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action