[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 37 KB, 400x320, gentlemens.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8086261 No.8086261 [Reply] [Original]

Let's say I want to sponsor translation of some VNs I want to read, but nobody translating at the moment.
How much would it cost? Where can I get translators for it? I'm dead serious. Of course it would be publicly available for all of you to use too.

>> No.8086296

Sounds like Sanity Ends/Dark Translations, and that translator just ran off with a ton of money without doing some of the requests. Your best bet is to wait for some free translator to pick it up or learn Japanese.

>> No.8086345

I have actually been thinking about how to set up something like this to fund my figure habit. I could charge $1/kb or something and have people put money into whatever game they wanted.

Of course I would have to translate something for free first to show I'm not full of shit and can actually translate.
Though it would most likely end up being just a bunch of games just translated 10%-20% then abandoned.

And I'm not even good enough to translate yet anyway.

>> No.8086350

I doubt this would work. Translating a Visual Novel is a huge commitment, no matter the size. It's not like commissioning ero-manga and such.

>> No.8086657

It might work as a Kickstarter project, except that would probably draw the ire of the company that made the VN. Anything involving money is going to be risky for that reason, as long as you're operating on the wrong side of copyright law.

>> No.8086704

>>8086261
A VN translation is a large commitment. Even if it only took 120 man hours to translate an average size VN, that would still be 1000 bucks if you paid them the equivalent of just 8 bucks an hour.

>> No.8086742

>>8086657
Kickstarter also has to approve of the project too.

>> No.8088639

Just a suggestion. Have them setup a...what do you call it...SVN? Pay them by progress.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action