[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

[SPOILER] No.8034733[SPOILER]  [Reply] [Original]

Similarities:
Easy.
Have 4 story arcs.
Have Reimu, Marisa and Youmu.
Have after-death actions.
Dividable by 5 with the excess of 3.
Came after a 3x2 choice touhou which came After a 2 choice touhou.
Are half away after a fighter.
Have only 2 words in their name.

>> No.8034744
File: 715 KB, 884x633, happily fleeing.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Diffarances:
TD is easier.
In IN there are 12 playable arcs (4 couples + 8 characters), in TD only 8 (4 tohosX2spellcard choices)
Sanae vs Sakuya.
TD has an extra type of bomb.
One is close to a lucky number. the other one brings bad luck.
Maid vs priestess in prievous games, 2 spellcards vs3 in the one before that.
IN is 1 game away after the prievious danmaku.
'Imperishable' is not a number.

>> No.8034753

Also, GJ for the translation, how long has it been out?

>> No.8034755

I really don't understand why people saying IN is easy. It's the third hardest Touhou after SA and UFO for fucks sake!
I agree though that TD is the easiest Touhou by far.

>> No.8034767

>>8034755
while last cards and reimu/marisa ware in no way easy, the extended death bomb, practice and the ability to go on even if died on a last card... IN wasn't harder than EoSD or PCB, and the only reason I 1 ccd PoFV before IN was because my 'x' button does not function if I press down or right.

In EoSD there is no red enemy mark on the bottom prior to patch (or was it the player hitbox? i don't remember) and PCB had a 3 vs 1 rape mood.

But you say IN was harder so I guess it was that way for you... What was the first touhou you played? for most people it was EoSD, than PCB than IN, and after playing 2 touhous a danmaku who is lenient about it's deathbombs was really something.
Well that's my guess.

>> No.8034772

I disagree on TD being outright easier. It's a toss-up if anything. TD encourages risky gameplay even for non-scoring players for building the trance meter to maximize extends/bombs. Also, extends are much easier to come by in IN since they don't require careful resource management to maximize, only point item collection. I also find its stages to be more challenging, but again, it could also be because I'm trying my best to collect all the souls I can for trance rather than casually making my way through. TD also has a much harsher penalty to shot power upon death than IN. I'd even go so far as to say that IN has the better shot types. Border team can do respectable homing damage while focused for the defensive types. MAlice cannon has great potential for raw damage output. Ghost team is very easy to play with Yuyuko's focus having large field coverage and Youmu's shots having high damage output. By contrast, TD Reimu takes staying under the boss to keep damage going while focused and Marisa can't compare to the MAlice cannon in damage. Youmu's definitely more powerful this time around but at the cost of being hard to play unless you're comfortable getting in close to bosses.

IN definitely has the tougher spellcards, though.

>>8034755
Spell practice for working on trouble area without repeating an entire stage, and extremely lenient death-bombing.

>> No.8034795

>>8034767
The very first Touhou I've played and 1 cc'd is EoSD.
I don't know, maybe IN just isn't my type. I have way more trouble going through the stages than the bosses.

>> No.8034859

>>8034795
I was the same way with EoSD in a way. It was the first one I played and my first to 1cc. I think it's because part of the difficulty of it is the stronger emphasis on randomness compared to later games and, unpatched, the lack of a visible hitbox. It's the only game I've managed to clear at all on Lunatic, despite repeatedly being singled out as one of the hardest. I think it's partially because most of my skill lies in raw reflex dodging rather than planning. The other reason being because it's the game I have the most play time in, second only to SA. Even still, I find IN to be the easiest in the series overall.

>> No.8034865

>Dividable by 5 with the excess of 3.
That totally makes sense in every possible way. Especially in the part of being connected to Touhou somehow

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action