[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 492 KB, 1200x960, wilderness.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8000815 No.8000815 [Reply] [Original]

One day, you awaken with a strange feeling that you should do something different with your life. Something to change the monotonous pace of living in your room. Something that has nothing to do with the usual games you play, the movies and anime you watch, or the Internet message boards you post on.

You decide to go on a hike out in the wilderness, off the beaten path. You don't know why you have chosen this of all things, but it strangely feels like the right thing to do. You pack a lunch and set out on your journey. Once you get out of the city, you head up into some foothills, crested with trees and rocky outcroppings.

During your hike, you take in the majestic scenery, breathe in the fresh air, and truly feel as if you have connected with nature for once in your life. You feel hauntingly at peace with yourself. Your worries have slipped away and you truly feel at ease. Eventually, you realize it's getting late so you decide to head back home.

But just as easily as your worries slipped away that day, panic comes rushing back. You have lost your bearings and have no idea which direction you came from. This can't be happening you think you yourself. After an hour of frantically trying to find your way back, it sets in that you are hopelessly lost.

>> No.8000819

Summary please

>> No.8000824

>>8000819
I could be wrong, but I don't think it's done yet.

>> No.8000825 [SPOILER] 
File: 155 KB, 1152x1336, nightmare.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

As the sun begins to set on the horizon, you know you don't have much time before it gets dark. And worse yet, some storm clouds appear to be rolling in fast. You decide that you had better at least locate some shelter for the night, and try your luck at finding your way back to civilization again tomorrow. As the last sliver of the sun dips away, and as the patter of rain bears down on you increasing in intensity, you begin to regret leaving the safe confines of your home. Ahead up a short incline upon the ridge you're currently on, you think you've sighted a group of trees which should provide you with adequate protection against the elements.

As you make your way up the side of the ridge, your feet slip in the mud and you instead slide violently backwards into a steep ravine, bruising yourself against rocks and branches during your descent. Eventually, you come to stop. You're hurt, soaking wet and chilled to the bone, but you're at least in one piece. As you get back on your feet, a bolt of lightning strikes not too far off in the distance illuminating your immediate surroundings. This image is the last thing you ever see. In the pitch blackness, as the cracking sound of thunder from the lightning reaches you, you feel your limbs being torn from your body. And then nothing. You are no more.

>> No.8000838

bad end

>> No.8000843

>>8000838
Just like real life.

>> No.8000844

Well that's the last time I ever try to do something different with my life.

>> No.8000849
File: 268 KB, 877x825, Rumia [C'mon Freak].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8000825

I'd be ok with that.

>> No.8000855

Christ, I'm never leaving my room again.

>> No.8000864

I am a bit disconcerted by how similar that is to one of my daydreams, though it was a bit more drawn out than that.

>> No.8000894

>>8000864
Perhaps it is your true destiny!

>> No.8000904

>>8000894
That'd be much too exciting a death for the life I've lived, it'd be better to just have a small screen with "You were killed by a grue >"

Nor does my daydream end at death, so destiny it is not.

>> No.8000944

I'm 12 hours away from the closest hills or mountains...

I guess I won't be having any tragic adventures.

>> No.8001059
File: 7 KB, 249x228, 1315347234070.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8000944

I actually live all around mountains, but I seriously wouldn't suggest going hiking anywhere around here.

It's not really as magical as you'd think it would be. It's also pretty hard to get lost unless you're a complete fucking idiot that wouldn't be able to find their own dick with a road map and professional help.

I guess that's why the story didn't do much for me.

>> No.8001069

>>8001059
I love hiking about in the forest/woods. but that's probably because I was raised in an urban area.

>> No.8001088

heck, the real problem is when your motorbike fails when youre miles in the outback. it was midday, summer, the sun and heat were unbearable. first time in my life that ive nearly died.

i dont really go bike riding anymore unless im pretty sure someone would look for me.

>> No.8001210

>>8001069
I grew up on a farm surrounded by woodland and I absolutely love nature. If I had enough money, I'd move out of this flat immediately.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action