[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 491 KB, 361x576, odd_dentist_is_confused.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7956454 No.7956454 [Reply] [Original]

Could Stephen Strange take on Patchouli in a one-on-one fight?
Anything goes.

>> No.7956462

There wasn't really much he couldn't take on back when he was in his prime.

Wikipedia because I'm lazy:

>Doctor Strange is a master magician, and was the holder of the title of "Sorcerer Supreme" of the cosmos for many years.[18] Eternity, the sentience of the Marvel Universe, has described Strange as "more powerful by far than any of your fellow humanoids",[61] narration has described him as "the mightiest magician in the cosmos",[62][volume & issue needed] and the Stranger considers him on a level with cosmic entities.[63]

>Doctor Strange can use magic to achieve virtually any effect he desires, such as telepathy,[64] energy blasts,[65] teleportation,[66] astral projection,[64] the creation of materials (such as food[67] and water),[68] creating planet-wide protective shields,[69] restoring himself from bodily destruction,[70][volume & issue needed] or resurrecting the dead.[71]

>Strange is capable of stopping and reversing time,[73][volume & issue needed] sealing black holes,[74][volume & issue needed] restoring universes,[62] absorbing power enough to unconsciously destroy any surrounding galaxies,[75][volume & issue needed] growing to the size of and merging with universal concepts,[76][volume & issue needed] and helped to channel the mass of the entire Marvel Universe.

I'm not really up to speed with modern Marvel, so I dunno how about now.

>> No.7956473

Patchy is cute, she can't lose with that 70's relic.

>> No.7956478

what's with that fabulous outfit?

>> No.7956480

>>7956462
This is why I hate western super heroes.

Every single one of them is an impenetrable sue, aside from maybe one obscure weakness like green rocks.

>> No.7956491
File: 254 KB, 1280x960, 4be94d2f8ef0f.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7956480
Just having those powers doesn't mean he can use them effectively.
But I agree, Villains are usually better because they have obvious weaknesses.

>> No.7956498

That's why Batman is my favorite superhero series

It's easier to relate to both the hero and the villain

>> No.7956500

>>7956480
Not really, no.
There are a couple of heroes in each setting that are extremely overpowered by definition, but there are also dozens of pretty weak ones - that is until a writer who grew up as a fanboy of some character gets to write him, then all bets are off.

>> No.7956502

Yukari wins, as always.

>> No.7956515

>>7956500
Then you have shit like Wolverine. At one point he's matching against Juggernaut and Hulk and later some old guy with wooden sword beats him up in Japan. And then he gets drunk and almost gets run over by a train.

>> No.7956524

>>7956498
Unless you know, you had a normal childhood without the whole parents getting killed thing and underlying insanity and all that.

>> No.7956531

>>7956500
The weak ones are there just to show how extra fucking powerful the main guy is. Batman is probably the most reasonable because its an average human with a lot of expendable resource vs nutjobs.

But you have Superman who is just invincible except against plot-placed green rocks. The Flash who /co/ wanks themselves over I think, who can pretty much manipulate "IM SO FUCKING FAST" into shit that doesn't even make sense. This guy listed above who is pretty much omnipotent in every sense of the word. Wolverine who has been killed countless times but whoops he has some sort of super not-dieing regeneration that nobody else has not even actual wolverines, and cutanythingium claws. Green Lantern whose only weakness is he's a fucking moron.. I cant think of any others right now, but yeah.

I think the worst part is the drastic changes in powers/character between stories.

>> No.7956864

>>7956491

You can't make sweeping generalizations like that. There are plenty of boring-ass Mary-Sue "oh you think you beat me but you didn't really beat me because i planned for that" villains just as much as there are some relatable, average heroes that just want to do what's right and are just regular old people beyond some special powers.

As both a huge Strange fan and a huge Touhou fan, I don't care who wins, I just want to see the battle happen because that'd be a huge spectacle and it'd be a ton of fun to watch.

>> No.7956885

>>7956531
>Green Lantern whose only weakness is he's a fucking moron
hahahaha, laughed so hard I farted

>> No.7956897

Flash is Yukari

>> No.7956924
File: 83 KB, 312x393, 1253649381864.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7956480
The same could be said of touhous.

>> No.7956962

>>7956924
>power to surprise humans
(which doesn't even work most of the time)
>impenetrable sue

>> No.7956976

>>7956962

Kogasa is one of the worst. Everyone loves to take "power to surprise humans" and make her final-boss-level powerful or god-tier levels of power solely because "IT SURPRISES THE READER, LOL!"

>> No.7956979

Toyosatomimi no Miko has, finally, a truly useless power.

>> No.7957006

>>7957003
Now, you may be thinking: pfft, so she's just a reality warper, even Haruhi can beat her. I got news for you buddy, Ryougi transcends God. At the root of it all, she can change and delete anything and everything to her whim. Thermodynamics? Out the window. Modern Physics? Doesn't exist. The concept of life and death? Nope. God? Gone. Any reality warpers you see are small-time compared to Ryougi, she is the Goddess of Reality Warpers because she transcends multiple time spaces. If a being that has mastery of the multiverse can't beat her, what makes you think a God of a single dimension can? Don't make me laugh.
"But wait!" you're thinking, "how does she fare against conceptual entities like tOAA and Demonbane? Even Gods can't beat things that transcend time and space or are the manifestations of concepts in universes right?". Well, think of it this way: they exist. Even if they exist outside of any known time and space and are considered conceptual phenomenons, even if they are the 'multiverses' given sentience, she can erase them. Since she's connected to the Origin, she can manipulate ANY aspect of EXISTENCE. As long as you 'are', she has complete dominance over you. That's right, she can erase the concept of 'Demonbane' so that it simply no longer exists even on the metaphysical plane. Ryougi, quite literally, is above the One Above All; I'm not even joking. In short, she can do anything because she's at the very beginning existence; her authority is absolute and trumps anything because nothing can come before her, nor can anything be above her. She is above the Omniverse, she is meta incarnate.

>> No.7957003
File: 92 KB, 480x360, 1281997317499.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Think of God, now think of an Omnipotent being like the Beyonder, now think of the core of the multiverses itself like tOAA. Ryougi has complete mastery over all of them. She's not just in control of the multiverses, she is part of the thing that forms them. She is connected to the Origin, the beginning, middle, and end of all multiverses. The Origin created the universe, created the multiverses, created time and space, created humans, created conceptual phenomenons, created the laws of the universes that everything abides by, created things existing outside of the known universe, even created meta concepts.
See that guy standing there? He's connected to the Origin. The monitor in front of you? Connected. The Sun? Connected. The stars? Connected. The Galaxy? Connected. And least of all, your soul. Connected. Here, your soul is pretty much your essence and is the very core of your being. Even if your body is destroyed, even if you are sent to hell, as long as your soul exists, you remain who you are and cannot phase out of existence. Your soul can even exist until the end of time in certain cases. Guess what? Ryougi can destroy your soul. Everything is connected to the Origin and Ryougi has direct control over it.
Now, let me get started on why she will ignore all forms of immortality and death when 'killing' you. She's not 'killing' you, she's not even erasing your soul, she's erasing the concept of your existence. That plan the Origin had to create you a Googol years ago at the beginning of the universe? Gone. You never existed, the concept of you being created never existed, the intent of your creation never existed, you are not even 0, the very concept of you is nothing. In all multiverses, you simply don't exist.

>> No.7957009
File: 62 KB, 500x500, IMG_0364.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7957006
"WTF? Why doesn't she just use her powers to rule the world?" Simply put, she doesn't give a shit. All Ryougi wants is to live in happiness with Mikiya and her daughter Mana. Also, she doesn't like to mess with the natural order of things, but if she does, you can kiss your futile attempts at beating her goodbye.
Is she a Mary Sue? By the end of KnK, yes. But that's not the point, this is a power level thread and I'm just dropping by to say that Ryougi beats all concepts, beats all meta beings, beats Accelerator, beats Goku, beats Superman, beats Haruhi, beats Demonbane, beats tOAA, and beats the 4th wall. She wins. At everything. Forever.

>> No.7957021

>>7957003
>>7957006
>>7957009

1. You are talking about the Void, not Ryougi Shiki. Nasu calls her "Ryougi Shiki" [sic] for a reason.

2. Void Shiki doesn't care about Mikiya either, and is permanently asleep when Mana comes around.

3. Even in her own universe, Nasu acknowledges she can't kill things without death, so Type-entities are still above her.

4. 8/10 for trolling me.

>> No.7957028

>>7957021
>1. You are talking about the Void, not Ryougi Shiki. Nasu calls her "Ryougi Shiki" [sic] for a reason.
Well, if you want to make the distinction "Void Shiki: 3rd Personality", be my guest.

>2. Void Shiki doesn't care about Mikiya either, and is permanently asleep when Mana comes around.
Post Epilogue, yes.

>3. Even in her own universe, Nasu acknowledges she can't kill things without death, so Type-entities are still above her.
Nope.

>4. 8/10 for trolling me.
2/10

>> No.7957036

>>7957028

>Nope.

Yup.
He's outright said for a general offhand power ranking, #1 Arcueid, #2 "Ryougi Shiki" #3 Primordial Demons (he's never mentioned these in other segments, it's different kanji than the 'original demons' spoken of in Tsukihime/Kagetsu Tohya)

Since Arcueid at full power is equivalent to Type-Moon and cannot die, and is above "Ryougi Shiki", I believe other Aristoteles would be there too.

>> No.7957039

>>7957036
NOPE.

The comparisons were in terms of general power, which Arc would trump everyone.

Ryougi has to mess with cause and effect to screw with the universes, so it's not say
>I can beat you in a direct fight

It's also the same reason why beings like ORT and Ado Adem are considered higher in rankings when it's obvious CM is a bitch that uses underhanded tactics to win.

>> No.7957041

>>7957036
[citation needed]

>> No.7957049

>>7957039

The point is still the same. Powerlevels are all about "direct fights".

Even Tohno Shiki can kill Arcueid Brunestud if the situation is optimal. (High noon, ambush attack, goes for the dots instead of 17 lines)

>> No.7957058

>>7957049
>The point is still the same. Powerlevels are all about "direct fights".

Not really, considering everything in the universe is about compatibility.
Base Void Shiki is just that: limitless potential inside a human body, of course she's going to get her shit slapped by everyone.
If we take her abilities into account, then she trumps everyone.

So yes, it does matter. You may not like it, but Shiki is the epitome of bullshit inside the Nasuverse and until Nasu specifically clarifies what she and can't do, deal with it.

>> No.7957074

Shuma Gorath >= Dr.Strange > Dormammu > Thor > Phoenix > Hulk > Amaterasu > Arthur > Ghost Rider > Morrigan = Storm > Ironman = Magneto > Dr.Doom > She-Hulk > Super Skrull > Viewtiful Joe = Dante > Firebrand > Spiderman > Zero > Akuma > Ryu > Sentinel > Trish > Chun-Li = Ironfist > Hsien-Ko > Strider = Tron > Deadpool > Wesker >= Captain America > Hawkeye = Felicia > Nemesis > Viper > Haggar > Spencer > MODOK > Chris

>> No.7957083

WHY IS EVERYBODY OVERCOMPLICATING THINGS SO MUCH

I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHICH IS THE STRONGEST, PAPER, ROCK OR SCISSORS

>> No.7957086

>>7957083
Rock could wreck paper's shit and you must be an idiot if you can't see why. Jesus, it's a fucking rock. It'll tear right through paper.

>> No.7957091

>>7957086
But what if it's super paper?

>> No.7957124

>>7957091
That's when rock uses an asspull hax attack.

>> No.7957123

>>7957091
That shit's called rock paper scissors, not rock super paper scissors. And super paper is just paper with exaggerated papery qualities, like where you could draw a little girl on paper and fap to her, if you do that on super paper the girl comes alive and takes your virginity. If you write fanfiction on super paper, it becomes the next Twilight and you get filthy rich out of it. If you make a paper plane out of it, it flies around like half an hour every time you throw it. That's what super paper is, the old paper weaknesses like susceptibility to fire or you know, rocks, stay the same.

We're having this bullshit over and over again because those fucking paperfags can't get their heads out of their asses and accept that rock is superior.

>> No.7957130

>>7957091

>Super paper

Time to bring out Stealth Rock.
You're fucked.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action