[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 7 KB, 180x280, wtf.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7953303 No.7953303 [Reply] [Original]

Did you think it ended well? Seriously WTF ending.

>> No.7953314

You're a bit late on the rage train.

But yeah, way to mess up a good/average VN.

>> No.7953331

R07 is in a bad mood since BT's death, hence this ending. And why Higurashi's ending was a happy one.

>> No.7953329
File: 69 KB, 685x527, O__O.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Yeah.

>> No.7953335

Yeah, episode 3 was the amazing
I can;t believe it was Eva.

Hope they do a sequel that explains everything properly some day

>> No.7953337
File: 12 KB, 286x286, slowpoke.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

now you know why Witch Hunt stopped translating the last VN.

>> No.7953346

>>7953335
Well after EP8 I interpreted it as Eva who was taking responsibility for what was happening in EP3. The witch narrator was just reading the story so it was obviously all her fault. 3 was by far my favorite with 7 being my second.

>> No.7953352

So Eva was the culprit?

>> No.7953368 [SPOILER] 
File: 11 KB, 200x243, h-607_47645_port0003.jpg.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7953352
Yasu was the culprit.

>> No.7953436
File: 75 KB, 696x515, Great Detective.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7953368
Guess AGAIN!
Yasu is the main culprit for Legend, Turn, Alliance, & End. Yasu is responsible for the first twilight in Banquet but then Eva takes over. Erika is the culprit for Dawn & Kyrie is the main culprit for the mystery stories of Requiem & Twilight.
This level of reasoning is possible for Erika Furudo. What do you think, everyone?

>> No.7953447

So did Yasu really plan to kill them, or (s)he just wrote the tales to 'release' his hatred? (like Maria killing rosa in EP4)

>> No.7953459
File: 81 KB, 247x272, uu it faggot.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Hey, guess what today's date is.

>> No.7953462
File: 55 KB, 600x684, 1316362055329.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Never bothered to finish it.
Got bored after episode 6

>> No.7953477

>>7953447
Who knows? Think s/he did it just for the lulz.
Here's what I hate about the ending:
The true culprit of Rokkenjima-Prime was lost between an explosion and shitty writing. And maybe a box lost in the sea. Either way, all 8 mysteries involve a crazy person that is role playing

>> No.7953506
File: 601 KB, 1241x1753, ep7 cover.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7953462
EP7 is superior.

In EP6, whenever there was more Featherine or Erika bs I would just slam down on the ctrl key. But they weren't nearly as boring as Zepar & Furfur.

>> No.7953535

Well, he was no longer able to write a proper resolution for all the plot hooks and points.
So, rather than fixing that somehow, he walked around it, and made some kind of snarky point about how it should never be resolved at all.

This way he managed to establish an allusion of depth, to the fact that he simply didn't know how to do it otherwise.
And anyone who disagrees, "just doesn't get the point" that he was trying to make. It's basically the shield he made to get out of the mess.

>> No.7953554

>>7953535
I hope that there will be a proper resolution sometime in the future. EP8 was so lame and spoony.

>> No.7953559

Umineko is a babby's first VN of the worst kind. It's a bad series, a clusterfuck of setting and characterization that isn't very well done by any aspect, but which attempts to compensate for its weaknesses by adding in excessive shipping faggotry and META. The NEET anon can see this as the shit it is, and may enjoy it, hate it or be indifferent to it, but all the while recognizing that the series itself, regardless of their opinion, is plain bad.

However, these very aspects that try to smear over the shit of its core make it a breeding ground for normal, sociable, underage faggots who engage in every kind of faggotry both online and in the real world. The metaworld characters all trying their hardest to look cool, the magic, the peculiar, colorful clothes, the whole "colored text" faggotry and everything about the Umineko world fuels their escapist fantasies, while the pity-party character backgrounds, emphasis on love, and the overall preachiness of the whole series make it fit just right with the mary-sueish drives of your average preteen and his sense of unwarranted self-importance towards the world. Exactly the kind of shit that makes normals and underage retards eat this shit right the fuck up.

Umineko is basically THE series to attract the most hated visual novel fanbase known to /jp/, which is why, regardless of individual opinions, it is the responsibility of every anon to troll the fuck out of this franchise and everyone who likes it, and ensure that no Umineko threads ever encourage the normalfags to show their faces here.

>> No.7953564

>>7953554
Chances are that Ryukishi never had many of the important plot hooks in his actual mind.
He wasn't the only one writing, and well, now Ryukishi is alone.

>> No.7953590

>>7953564
So BT was his co-writer?
No wonder that happened.

>> No.7953627

>>7953559
Nice copypasta.

Anyway, it's not that bad. I would even say it's excellent up until Episode 4 and all the Ange bullshit. Even at Episode 4, I would say it's still great if you ignore the first quarter or so.

Among the last four, Episode 7 is really the only good one of the bunch. Episode 5 is boring and unmemorable (other than Erika), Episode 6 is awful, and Episode 8 is a shitty resolution that ruins just about everyone's opinions of the entire series. My guess is it's because a) he didn't know how to end the series (or where it was going), and b) his life took a downturn. It's likely he didn't know how to finish Higurashi either when he first started writing it, and he was hoping to replicate his previous success.

That's not to excuse his shoddy job of writing what amounted to a gigantic "fuck you" to the people reading his story: it's only to explain what might've happened.

>> No.7953629
File: 98 KB, 800x600, emo.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

didn't play it to the end. Not enough sploosh-able guys and too many slutty demon sisters.

serious vn my ass.

>> No.7953659

Everyone knows true culprit is Kinzo.

Can't disprove that it's Kinzo that killed everyone.

>> No.7953752

>>7953659
Can't disprove that nobody was actually murdered.

>> No.7953776

>>7953627
>Episode 7 is really the only good one of the bunch.
Yasu's boring past says hi.

>> No.7953810
File: 1.46 MB, 820x1102, 22166851.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7953776
Yasu being introduced was a huge thing. It gave some perspective on the events of the previous EPs especially when it came to how ShKanon functioned. I didn't think it was boring at all.

>> No.7953926

>>7953776
>Yasu's boring past says hi.
I think Yasu's past was pretty boring too, but the rest of Episode 7 was still good. Not perfect, but good enough. I mean, if the rest of Chiru were at least that good we wouldn't have so many people complaining about how shitty Umineko was.

Most of the people making complaints about how terrible the story is enjoyed at least some parts of the story enough to read through everything, including the very worst of it, and were just extremely disappointed with how things concluded.

Umineko overall isn't that shitty, but people hate it because it strings you along with the promise of a decent premise, plot, and characters then punches you in the face when you reach the end. It's hard not to get angry after something like that.

>> No.7954121

>>7953810
>It gave some perspective on the events of the previous EPs especially when it came to how ShKanon functioned.
It didn't bring anything new to the table, nor did it resolve anything new for that matter either.
Episode 6 and 5 had already focused on all those matters and provided in depth answers.

>> No.7954174
File: 1.19 MB, 182x119, for fear of spoilers.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.7956171

Could someone give a reason as to why Umineko sucks that doesn't involve whining because it didn't have a happy ending? And where is the translation for EP8, or is everyone here able to read Japanese?

>> No.7956188

>>7956171
Bad writing that involve repeating the same thing dozen times in the same paragraph, shitty proses that read like the dullest thing ever.
Retarded story that involve one of the worst plot device ever seen.
A novel that is about 5mb of pure text making it as big as the entire GoT series yet the content is really thin and only 3-4 characters are "decently" developed.
Try to go meta but fail so miserably that most of the readers didn't even realize till the end, and a lot are still in denial.

Seriously it's just bad, get some standards.

>> No.7956200

>>7956171
>Could someone give a reason as to why Umineko sucks that doesn't involve whining because it didn't have a happy ending?

I honestly don't believe you've read any of the complaint if you think people dislike the series because it didn't have a "happy ending".

>And where is the translation for EP8, or is everyone here able to read Japanese?

Face it, most people don't give a shit about it anymore.

>> No.7956225

>>7956171
Bad pacing. Plot hooks everywhere, which were left unfinished. A huge character cast which resulted in that a lot of characters lost depth, as there never was any time to flesh them out. Plot holes.

And finally, it fooled a lot of its audience by acting like it was mystery and then going loljk that shit never really mattered in the first place.
I still think It's an ok VN.

>> No.7958294

Meh, what the fuck.

>> No.7958300

I stopped reading that shit after episode 6.
Higurashi was way better, and it's too bad if you're butthurt about that.

>> No.7960969

>>7953303
One of the best VN I ever read.

>> No.7961611
File: 150 KB, 200x470, Ange.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7954121
Are you trolling?
>It didn't bring anything new to the table
Let's try Yasu's motives and backstory. Before Claire was even introduced there was no hinting at that Yasu even existed.
>nor did it resolve anything new for that matter either.
Because there's supposed a new thing to be resolved? It resolved the story. It was basically the culprit confessing why in each kakera that Lion doesn't exist in or where nobody finds the gold that people start dying.
>Episode 6 and 5 had already focused on all those matters and provided in depth answers.
Nope. Any answers that 6 or 5 introduced were only straight out confirmed in 7.
>>7956171
In addition to what others have said answering your question there's the fact the author seems to care more about Ange and wants her to be the main character more than I do. Her boring backstory that intruded on the parts of the story I actually cared about in 4 is what caused me to dislike Ange and her spoon feeding what's happening to the reader in 6 cemented it for me.

>> No.7961632

Personally, I liked the ending's message, but disliked that it was basically used as a cop-out for R07's shitty writing.

>> No.7961652

>>7961611
Who are you quoting?

>> No.7961758

I enjoyed Umineko because I don't care about the details, nor do I believe everything has to fit together flawlessly.

I didn't put much thought into the murder mysteries either, nor did I expected to see any concrete answers. Seeing how 'the truth' was portrayed in the games...

>> No.7962040

>>7953337
No they didn't...
Did they?

>> No.7962238

Yes. I think it ended very well.

I think the problem is, people were hoping for Higurashi.

Higurashi is a story about a group of friends who escape a destiny that only appears to be inescapable.

Umineko is a story about the last surviving members of a family that have to live with a tragic, horrifying, and unchangeable past.

Of the two, Higurashi is more fun, but Umineko has more to say. You will never be able to see and then change the future. You will always be able to see and change how you choose to view your past and your own family, and it's a decision that will really confront you after they start dying.

The choice of having the last episode of Umineko be "what comes after" the funeral of Ep7 was thus really fitting. Corpses are buried and covered with flowers for a reason.

I think if you look at the questions each question arc asks and the answer each answer arc offers, you basically get everything you should need.

>> No.7962681

>>7962040
they stopped.

>> No.7963117
File: 8 KB, 111x109, citation needed_1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7962681

>> No.7963933

Bump.

>> No.7964086

>>7962238
The problem is that they were hoping for a mystery

>> No.7964157

>>7962238
>>7964086
Maybe if they didnt keep on harping on magic doesnt exist, witches didnt kill my family, human did it, locked room is not magic, fantasy vs real.

Oh ya maybe they should have started it out as a romance story as well instead of suddenly throwing in the without love it cant be seen bullshit.

When the premise is full of bullshit and downright insulting to the readers the backlash is inevitable. Even R07 is smart enough to leave the story as an open end and ambiguous because he knew that by giving an absolute answer his career would be finished because of how retarded it is.

>> No.7964159

>>7964086
The problem is that R07 is a retard who said that he would put mystery fans to shame through a mystery too hard to solve and it was such a pile of steaming crap that he started dissing on anyone who tried to solve it and who called him on how shitty a mystery story it was. As for >>7962238 there were too many plot hooks that were never used even though he made a case of pointing out how important they were.

The most obvious explanation is that BT was the co-author and that R07 had to improvise to compensate for what he didn't knew. The result was the entire Chiru, but you still refuse to acknowledge how bad it really is.

>> No.7964162

>>7964159
herp

*The most probable explanation

>> No.7964185
File: 376 KB, 961x721, Capture2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

R07 doesn't care if people resolve the puzzle or not. He just want the readers to enjoy the ride.

>> No.7964203

anyone know if the higurashi translation by Sonozaki Futago-tachi is still alive

>> No.7964233

>>7964203
Yeah, it will be released just after Umineko ep8.

>> No.7964404

>>7961611
>Let's try Yasu's motives and backstory. Before Claire was even introduced there was no hinting at that Yasu even existed.
Yasu had basicallu been straight out confirmed with the locked room mystery of episode 6. As well as Kanon being the zero of the roulette and white knight Battler and Shannon pony.
And they had basically explained most of everything about Yasu in those episodes as well, going on and on about roleplaying, identities, and possible motives for the unknown culprit.
Not to be speaking of how they had practically already explained how growing up as a maid under the Ushiromiya family was, an explenation of which had presented from several angles at multiple points of the stories.
They had also elaborated on whether or not the baby had survived and assimilated into the family or not. And even then, they had elaborated upon whether or not the baby could be the culprit, or the "extra" person, or rather, the "unknown" one.

And you know, there was even a Japanese wordplay not that accessible to the English crowd.
You know all the "Without love it cannot be seen!" thing and it's few variations that were repeated ad nauseum?
These were wordplays meant to be implemented together with Shannon's and Kanon's true names of which had been revealed, and togetehr with the pointers of the hidden key of "love", you could throw out characters and bind their names with "love" in order to get "Yasu". So you even had the culprit's name before episode 7.

There were so many hints it almost wasn't funny. The proof of the existance of the character was the locked room mystery.
And all the hints pointing towards it also hinted at the character of said character, and the proof of the character also validated these hints to a large extent.

>> No.7964406

>>7964404
Practically the only thing about Yasu that hadn't already been brought up, was the bullying. But it had already been brought up that living like that, must have been harsh, so that detail is really sort of redundant, and was in the end, hinted at.

>> No.7964413

>>7964404
>As well as Kanon being the zero of the roulette
Not this shit again.

Don't try to smuggle in that retarded theory with what's actually accepted.

>> No.7964414

>>7964404
At the time of the episode closed room nobody had thought of Yasu. Instead, people thought "Shkanontrice" was someone with DID. Which wasn't the case.

>> No.7964420

>>7964413
>Don't try to smuggle in that retarded theory with what's actually accepted.
>retarded theory
Oh yeah, that's right. There were some retards with some really stupid theory etc etc that they for some reason shoehorned and called something along the lines of "zero" something something.
I never got those people, and I think they completely missed the point of it. The zero thing, and not the "zero theory" mind you, wasn't for nothing though, it was a genuine hint that he was roleplayed.

>> No.7964425

>>7964414
>At the time of the episode closed room nobody had thought of Yasu.
Japanese wordplay. Japanese people had come up with the name Yasu on various BBSs.

>> No.7964427

>>7964420
So that's all you mean.

Apologies, carry on then.

>> No.7964430

>>7964425
Even if they came up with the name, did they realize it was "roleplaying" and not DID? I think there might have been one guy I remember who had the idea that it was all roleplaying, every other supporter thought it was genuine multiple personalities. At the time, the debate was more us vs them, the people who thought they were all the same person versus the people who didn't.

>> No.7964440

>>7964430
>been one guy I remember who had the idea that it was all roleplaying
I remember that guy. He had very solid ground for his ideas though, considering the texts had multiple references to roleplaying.

In the end, when I think about it, I wonder if not the mention of "game master" was a hint about roleplaying too.

>> No.7964633

bump

>> No.7964656

Am I the only one who liked Yasu's backstory?
It was a setory of nothing happening, but I really enjoyed how it was told, unlike EP6 where lot of stuff happened but all of it boring.

Seriously, if I like EP7 as much as I do is because Yasu.

>> No.7964704

>>7964633
Stop that.

>> No.7964709

>>7953436
Don't forget that Yasu was also the culprit in The Portopia Serial Murder Case.

>>7964159
The whole "BT was the coauthor" idea is pretty retarded. Why would only be credited with running the website if that were the case? And he died after episode 5 was released so it's not as if the story suddenly underwent a sudden change at that point. Plus, the idea that he somehow had the perfect solution for Umineko and took it to the grave without ever telling Ryukishi is even more retarded.

>> No.7964712

>>7964404
Think about what you wrote.
Let me summarize it for you.
Pads, roleplaying, multiple personality for escapism, imaginary murder, fake murder, listening to other people sleeping, having homo incestuous relationship with your cousin bros and cousin sis and much more retarded shit happening just to create a hard mystery murder?
Guess how did he justify all these bullshit?
"Chotttto mattee retarded goats these are all just fiction in a fiction. Decide for yourself what is the truth."

>> No.7964713

>>7964656
>Am I the only one who liked Yasu's backstory?
No. It was interesting and it was needed.

>> No.7964730
File: 127 KB, 646x505, minagoroshi.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7964185
Ryuukishi isn't even consistent about what he thinks.

>> No.7964727

>>7964713
>it was needed
Arguable. But even if it was for the sake of the argument, it sure didn't need to be anywhere close to as extensive as it was.
Or at least, if it needed to be, then they could have cut all other mentions of the same events short in the other episodes.

The "growing up as Ushiromiya servants" could easily have been by at least a third if he knew what he had actually written.
It was after all, not the only time they had elaborated upon the servants' lives.

>> No.7964770

>>7964712
There's no reason to accept the "fake murder" theory. There's no real evidence for it and it's stressed throughout the storry how stressed Yasu was and how in desperation he ended up doing something crazy. Organizing a murder mystery for Battler doesn't fit the bill. The whole theory sounds to me like something Yasu fans came up with to exculpate him over what he did.

>> No.7964790

>>7964770
That's actually a theory meant to explain how could Yasu have so many accomplices. Plus it's hinted well enough in EP5.
The scene in EP2 where everyone acknowledges the witch and the red truth in EP4 stating everyone acknowledge the existence of Kinzo are also strong hints that somehow Yasu made them accept her plan.

>> No.7964803

Well I for one enjoyed the part where witch hunt fucked over so many people. Hilarious.

>> No.7968107

>>7964803
Which one?

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action