[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 901 KB, 768x1280, reimumokoulyrica.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7951650 No.7951650 [Reply] [Original]

I've just finished reading the recent Touhou Tag Tournament fights out of boredom and holy shit.

Why are the comments so horrible? Why are there more than 200 shit-fested of them per page?

>> No.7951652

I just finished reading all fifteen pages of /jp/ out of boredom and holy shit. Why are the posters so stupid? Why are there hundreds of them per thread? Why the fuck were you reading Danbooru comments in the first place?

>> No.7951662

Fucking Marisa/Nitori vs Reimu/Remilia.
What was the point. What was the fucking point.

>> No.7951658

>>7951652
It brought out the curiosity due to the scroll bar being uncommongly tiny.

>> No.7951666

because people cant accept that the characters they like lose or characters they hate win. case in point, reimu, sanae, kaguya.

>> No.7951670

I personally laughed my ass off at the Reimu vs Marisa comments.

Never had I seen ''plot armour'' repeated so many times.

>> No.7951673

>>7951662
It's to rub in that no matter how much you prepare or do unfair shit or whatever else you would like, Reimu wins, and she's going to look bored doing it.

>> No.7951680

It's like Dei Shirou wants to break fans apart by creating as much humiliation as possible.

>> No.7951686

>>7951670
Clearly you haven't been to TVTropes' Touhou discussion threads, they sicken me

>> No.7951706

The way the artist portrayed the characters + his popularity is enough to send a shitstorm going. Everyone's extra-something in a way that will cause the most emotion release from the readers. The one that bothered me most was his extra-dumb Okuu, extra-asshole Marisa and extra-prideful Remilia.

>> No.7951715

>>7951706
Anybody who shitstorms over the way an artist decides to portray a character in the Land of No Canon is genuinely a sad person.

>> No.7951718

>>7951706
>extra-asshole Marisa
Huh?

>> No.7951730

>>7951718
She cunt punted Reimu with a big wooden wedge.

wtH would be proud.

>> No.7951733

>>7951666
Kaguya was more about how she lied, schemed, manipulated, and cheated throughout her entire first match and everything before it.
I like Kaguya, but holy shit is she a massive cunt in this series.

>> No.7951739

>>7951715
Thing is, people summon whole pages of text debating about how canonically X certain character is and treat dei shirou's works as an emotion fuel, much like they were reading canon. Then they battle with each other saying how X should burn in hell because she's too X in this doujin series while others try to convince them that this isn't canon and yadda yadda.

I hate this artist for the cunt liberties he's taken.

>> No.7951738

>>7951730
I guess...maybe...

>> No.7951747

I still don't get why everyone hates Sanae.

>> No.7951751

>dei shirou
NO, DON'T BRING THAT FUCKER HERE.

I DON'T WANT SHITSTORMS TO HAPPEN AGAIN. WE'RE NOT DANBOORU.

>> No.7951754

>>7951747
Buttdevastated Yuukafags.

>> No.7951756
File: 29 KB, 369x309, 1239635834545.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7951686
>TVTropes' Touhou discussion

Oh God, I don't even wanna go there, the pretentiousness of that site is spilling even to the alleged "wiki' pages that are not supposed to contain users' opinions.

>> No.7951760

I still don't get why people chant on Reimu as having plot armour when she's the 2nd most defeated Touhou and her supposed invincible-spellcard doesn't matter because she made a bow to never use it seriously.

>> No.7951769

I never understood why this thing is popular in the first place.

>> No.7951772

>>7951760
Because she is 100% guaranteed to resolve all incidents in some way, shape, or form.

>> No.7951776

>>7951756
Actually lots of people use that site as a more reliable guide than the wikis because it contains just that, opinions. Plus a more common language and way of describing things.

I'm glad they haven't touched Wikipedia with any sign of hate/fanon stupidity, or at least it always reverts to how it was if that's the case.

>> No.7951781

>>7951772
What's so bad about that? Might as well complain to every action series character for defeating whatever omnipowerful entity they might have encountered.

>> No.7951787

>>7951781
Yeah, they have plot armor too. People just don't care as much about it.

>> No.7951793

>>7951772
>she is 100% guaranteed to resolve all incidents in some way, shape, or form

Not when I'm the one playing. ;_;

>> No.7951799

>>7951787
>>7951781
To add to that, Reimu actually has institutional plot armor in the sense that it's something like a real but unwritten rule of Gensokyo that the Shrine Maiden resolves Incidents, whereas if most other protagonists were to fail it would "make sense" in-universe.

Also because people actually care about Reimu's character interaction whereas Kratos has no friends and nobody cares about him beyond the fact that he gets to kill everyone, everywhere.

>> No.7951802

If Reimu has any kind of ''plot armour'' then it just means she's really that skilled in danmaku, only emotionally-driven people would use that excuse as reason to create dismay.

No Touhous should be despised, for the full intended experience of both derivative and possibly official works could not be achieved because of pansy emotional bawwing.

Take it easy~

>> No.7951803

>>7951781
Two things.
One, they often are complained about, if the series draws on long enough. Two, most action heroes have to work hard to just barely beat the villain; he'll usually get beat up by the villain at first, then barely beat him after a training arc/montage/etc

Reimu just barges into people's homes and casually wipes the floor with them. Keep in mind that said people have ridiculous, reality-warping powers, and while Reimu does too, she doesn't use it.

>> No.7951807

>>7951799
Akyuu says that Reimu would retry if she failed doing it the first time. And we're talking the one who teached Reimu the power of predicting the outcome of reality.

That has yet to happen.

>> No.7951811

>>7951803
Because power does not mean shit in the current Gensokyo, only skills in dodging bullets, it ensures that everybody has an equal chance of defeating the other and the only thing that would matter is your dexterity.

>> No.7951815

>>7951803
>he'll usually get beat up by the villain at first, then barely beat him after a training arc/montage/etc

Bad endings.

>Keep in mind that said people have ridiculous, reality-warping powers, and while Reimu does too, she doesn't use it.

Neither do they. That's the whole point of the spellcard system.

>> No.7951820

>>7951803
Because the spellcard rules forbid them from using any insta-kill moves, it was made to give the youkai a chance to fight the shrine maiden without fear of getting deuced or the barrier collapsing should a powerful being kill her.

>> No.7951826

None of the drama that surrounds Reimu's plot armor actually exists or has more than a tenuous basis in canon that people picked up and ran away with. Which goes for pretty much everything to do with Gensokyo since very little of it pretends to be fully canon-compatible anyway.

>>7951803
>Keep in mind that said people have ridiculous, reality-warping powers, and while Reimu does too, she doesn't use it.
That's not true. Reimu uses her special ability all the time.

She has the ability to fly through the air.

>> No.7951829

>>7951811
>everybody has an equal chance of defeating the other
And Reimu still wins every single time.

>> No.7951833

>>7951815
Bad endings aren't canon.

>> No.7951837

>>7951829
Have you even played the games?

She's the 2nd Touhou who has been canonically beaten the most, and as said before, it isn't power but dodging skills and danmaku what matters, even Mystia could defeat Shiki in these type of battles.

>> No.7951844

>>7951837
That's true in the sense that I could beat Reimu at danmaku with a basket of rocks but we all know that the skill differential is so large that I'm pretty much screwed.

>> No.7951848

>>7951837
>She's the 2nd Touhou who has been canonically beaten the most
List 'em.

>> No.7951849

>>7951833
Yes they are.

>> No.7951853

There's two critical flaws in people's deduction of a character, those flaws make them misinterpret or just outright dislike a character.

The first one is picking one attribute/action of the character and calling the whole character for that, the true character can only be seen once all characteristics are joined together.

The other one is the emotional ignorance by having a preferred character being overlooked by another character in some way (a comment, an image, etc.), that person will naturally get hate towards that character and ignore any kind of actual in-depth description and instead ought for the ones that make the character hateful somehow, whether they are true (as in, interpreted by the person) or not.

>> No.7951855
File: 34 KB, 308x227, reimu peek3.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7951849
I must have missed that part in Perfect Memento where Reimu had to go back to the shrine and rest because she sucked to much to beat Yuyuko at first.

>> No.7951859

>>7951848
Suika in IaMP (and every other character as well if all of the routes are canon).

The 4 or so times she was beaten in SWR.

Sanae in Soku.

Not sure about PoFV since there are only claims as to which route is canon since they all collide, some people assume Shiki's and other's assume Reimu because it's Reimu and it's the ending that has the tea-party.

>> No.7951863

We're getting off track here.
So if Reimu's plot armor can be explained away by her being so ridiculously good at danmaku, why is she still steamrolling as usual in a danmakuless wrestling tournament?

>> No.7951860

>>7951855
>The shrine maiden likes to have rematches until she wins.

>> No.7951865

>>7951855
Eh?

>> No.7951868

>>7951863
Because dei shirou isn't ZUN.

>> No.7951869

>>7951860
...god damn, he does think of everything.
It''s stupid, but it works. I stand corrected.

>> No.7951875

>>7951863
Well we're actually discussing the canon facts but if you want to ask about that.

She is already naturally powerful enough to beat the angel of death and dimension creating deities, the Hakurei's weapons/powers were made to strictly fight off even divinities and summon them to use in battle, a shrine maiden's ability is to channel gods after all (although only Reimu can do that in Gensokyo).

>> No.7951878

>>7951868
I'm not talking about ZUN.

>> No.7951881

>>7951853
>overlooked

Don't you mean "overshadowed"?

>> No.7951885

>>7951878
Some people speculate that dei shirou subscribes to the plot armor theory. The alternative explanation, which is more plausible, is that Reimu is just super duper extra skilled at everything. The old shrine maidens didn't get their jobs by being good at danmaku.

>> No.7951886

>>7951860
Well that has yet to happen with Reimu from what we've seen of the games so far, remember that Akyuu has the memories of the 10 previous Hiedas and also mentions the previous Hakurei shrine maidens.

>> No.7951893

>>7951886
It's in the article about Reimu. She's probably talking about Reimu.

>> No.7951894

>>7951875
>shrine maiden's ability is to channel gods after all (although only Reimu can do that in Gensokyo)

Now, Sanae is channeling gods, too. Even if it's only her own gods.

>> No.7951900

Even WWE has better writing right now, when someone lose there's a chance he comeback but not in touhou tag tournament, if your favorite pair lose, they stay loser forever.

>> No.7951903

>>7951885
>The alternative explanation, which is more plausible, is that Reimu is just super duper extra skilled at everything. The old shrine maidens didn't get their jobs by being good at danmaku.
I don't buy that; not by a long shot. She's not the old shrine maidens and being a super-prodigy just isn't plausible to the extent that it would have to be to work.

...fuck, am I really arguing about this?

>> No.7951907

>>7951903
Yeah, well, dei shirou decided that she's more powerful than you think she is.

> ...fuck, am I really arguing about this?
I'll see you in cardboard hell.

>> No.7951908

>>7951885
It's yet to be confirmed whether or not the Hakureis have been replaced by another family, after all, it isn't strange for a plan where a non-blood related person could be elected to be the next shrine maiden since otherwise the barrier would collapse.

There's also the whole Reimu's powers slowly arising in each game/manga from her Hakurei inheritance.

>> No.7951916

>>7951903
It's because ZUN has made her that way, even before the spellcard draft she was already fighting gods without life safety.

>> No.7951926

The problem with dei shirou's work is because the normal anyone-can-win probability is removed and the settlement of the battle becomes basically a terrifying powerlevel discussion + wrestling.

>> No.7951938

leave it to dei shirou to upset the fans.

now half of the touhou cast has a raging fanbase, i'd wish people would stop taking it as something serious, especially the comments in the Reimu & Reimu vs Marisa & Nitori.

>> No.7951948

>>7951938
I'm sorry, I'd normally agree with you, but that shit was just ridiculous. Remi n' Reimu to absolutely jack shit for the whole match while ALL of Mairsa's team does all this awesome stuff...then poof, Reimu wins and the next half-dozen comics are spent RUBBING IT IN.
I can't take it easy like this.

>> No.7951964

>>7951948
They were using absurd methods that normally wouldn't have been allowed if Reimu and Remi had not let them, not only would have it been dishonorable to let them win but they wouldn't have any chance towards any other team since they wouldn't be allowed to use any of the crazy illegal stuff they used.

>> No.7951966

>>7951948
The problem is not what happens, it's the fact that people take it seriously and use it as a base to hate characters, dei shirou could pull the biggest possible bullshit out of his ass (which he has done) and people's opinions would still be affected.

>> No.7951971

When it was announced that they were going to use the mini-hakkero to boost Marisa's power, my inner fan cringed in disgust. And the comments only complimented how smart it was and stuff.

Not because they even managed to actually put it in her, but because dei shirou doesn't know that the minihakkero isn't a source of power, but something used to focus magic fungi powder into lasers, kind of like a mirror.

>> No.7951976

>>7951948
They'd lose either way.

Dei Shirou's biggest fan-cringing mistake was to think that Touhou could be made into a balanceable wrestling competition and removing the one thing that balanced the win-lose probability.

>> No.7951985

I'm pretty sure Dei Shirou is making rage-ful on purpose, I remember the excuse he made up so that Reimu had to beat Marisa in ''the most humiliating way possible'' so that youkai wouldn't rebel or something like that.

>> No.7951983

>>7951964
>They were using absurd methods that normally wouldn't have been allowed if Reimu and Remi had not let them
But they did, like they did before and will in the future. That's Remilia's big bad character flaw.

>not only would have it been dishonorable to let them win but they wouldn't have any chance towards any other team since they wouldn't be allowed to use any of the crazy illegal stuff they used.

...and?
I'd be fine with them winning. It'd be really entertaining to see them in another match; surely they'd have other tricks up their sleeves with strategists like Alice and Patchy behind them. I never expected them to win the whole tournament; that's another story entirely.
That said, them losing would be fine too...but the way Remi and Reimu beat them was stupid. There's no way around it. They did absolutely nothing in the match to justify or earn their victory, while Marisa and the gang did plenty, more than most of the teams before them. That's the biggest thing; Reimu and Remilia don't deserve to win.

>> No.7951992

>>7951983
>surely they'd have other tricks up their sleeves

Their tricks were to cheat, even Marisa said that she'd try to attain victory no matter how much crap she'd have to make up, they're called death flags and if you're gonna blame someone, blame the artist for making the characters and the outcome that way.

>They did absolutely nothing in the match to justify or earn their victory
The sheer fact that they let the other team use cheats meant that they were going to win as explained in the previous post, had Reimu and Remi played fair, Marisa and Nitori would of had lasted less than a minute.

Still, dei shirou portrays everyone as too cold or too grudge-ful towards one another, no wonder people are gonna start complaining about the results even if they can handle the emotional character defeat.

>> No.7952001

>>7951992
It DOESN'T MATTER how predictable or not their loss was! Shirou could write "Reimu and Remilia will win this match" as a subtitle at the start of the round and this would still be a bullshit ending. I'm not talking about how predictable it was, I'm talking about how believable and justified it was. I can buy there being a turnabout and the losing team winning; it's cliche and overdone, but I could believe it.
But there wasn't even that. It was just..."poof, they win."

>> No.7952008

>>7952001
Do you want Dei Shirou to please you even a bit?

You can't, that's the problem. Blame it on him, not the fucking characters, stop making the same stupid mistake as 400 Danbooru people.

>> No.7952009

>>7952008
>Blame it on him
I am.

>> No.7952025

>>7951650
What's the story behind this picture?

>> No.7952036
File: 154 KB, 330x327, mustado-sama.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>People arguing about canonical powers in a series where girls wearing tight outfits grope each other .

Fuck you danbooru. Word of advice, never read comments on sites like youtube or boorus. They're horribly stupid.

>> No.7952051

>>7952036
That is extremely valuable advice.

>> No.7952055

>>7951807
>Akyuu says

Stopped reading there.

>> No.7952059

I haven't read it for a while. Are Utsuho and Tenshi still in?

>> No.7952239

>>7952059
Anyone?

>> No.7952254

>>7952036
They're doing it here as well. I think this is just a problem that comes with touhou's extremely ambiguous powerlevels.

Am I the only one who makes predictions based on story elements instead of powerlevels? From the start it's been building up a Reimu & Remilia versus Suika & Sakuya fight. Then there's the teams with byes. I simply assumed they would lose because they had byes.

I'm guessing the only ones with a true chance of winning the tournament are Tenshi & Utsuho with their pure motives or Sakuya & Suika who are set up to be the underdogs/rivals to the most powerful team.

However if I'm wrong and Reimu & Remilia do end up winning I can say one thing for sure.

People will be mad.

>> No.7952271

>>7952059
They'll be fighting next round, against Suika and Sakuya if I remember correctly.

It's impossible to satisfy anyone, that's why there are heavy shitstorms... I don't care anymore about who wins, I just want to know how it happens, it's entertaining that's all that matters.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action