[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 44 KB, 722x482, azu_osaka0069.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7915612 No.7915612 [Reply] [Original]

Is anyone else really irresponsible with their student loan refunds?

I get a few thousand dollars back a year (Some of it grants) and I just spend it on stupid shit. I work as well, but I work very little. I manage to always have a few thousand dollars in my account, despite spending without any real care or concern to how much I'm wasting.

>> No.7915627

Me. I got around 1000 dollars refund at the beginning of the summer. My dad is kind of a deadbeat, so I spent most of it on food and stuff like that this summer. But then again, I blew a couple hundred of it on figures and shit at AX.

>> No.7915634

I never spend it. I have so much I don't know what to do with it. I'll just end up giving it straight back to them. Buying figures or posters or whatever doesn't appeal to me, I'd rather have something 'useful'.

>> No.7915644

>>7915634

I mostly just buy food with mine.

>> No.7915637

>>7915612
If your school is anything like mine, you save tons of money by just living off campus and not buying a meal plan, to the tune of >$1000 a semester. So I justify it that way.

>> No.7915652

Yeah I always blow mine. I don't really care to be honest.

>> No.7915658
File: 86 KB, 512x512, dattsukasa.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7915637

I'm living with my parents, commuting. The school is pretty cheap (Probably 4000 dollars or so a semester for tuition), and as I said, I'm working, own a car, and my parents pay for my cellphone, internet, car insurance, etc etc.

All I buy is gasoline and food, and occasionally a video game or some alcohol. However, random shit is purchased, or needed (Ink cartridges, medicines, clothing etc)

I have about 3000 dollars in my account, and like 400 in cash. Oh well, my life sucks anyway.

>> No.7915670

>>7915658
If you don't really have any regular expenses other than a portion of your food and gas, then you should be able to live decently even without the loans. It's hard for me to compare because I get a lot of need based stuff (parents are deadbeats) and I live in Florida (state gives money to Florida residents who go in-state).

If I had the option of living with my parents, I think I'd actually make money going to school. I wouldn't worry about it too much, ideally you'll be able to make at least 30-40k a year and pay it off while living frugally regardless.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action