[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 61 KB, 600x800, tate.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7839370 No.7839370 [Reply] [Original]

Does /jp/ TATE?

>> No.7839379

I TATE you're mom if you know what I mean.

>> No.7839385

Viewing angle is good! That pic is from the shmups forum though, so I doubt it's yours.

>> No.7839390

not at the moment, but I'm buying a VH236H pretty soon and I plan to TATE that.

and I wish I could find an EX-SE somewhere.

>> No.7839394

>>7839385
I never claimed it was my pic

>> No.7839524

>>7839370
nh

>> No.7839990

I tate for mars matrix

>> No.7840018
File: 1.53 MB, 3648x2736, P1220023.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Sadly, not really.

Hopefully one day I'll get a desktop to replace this aging laptop, and I'll more than likely get a swivel screen. Or a regular screen and a tate screen, dunno.

>> No.7840021

>>7840018
Go to the local dumpster room and pick up a CRT

worked for me

>> No.7840028
File: 186 KB, 684x912, P5310041.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7840021
I do actually have a 10 dollar CRT from Craigslist, but the picture quality is pretty bad and about half an inch is cut off from the very top of the screen and there's no remote.

I do tate it for Ikaruga sometimes though. But then, it's Ikaruga.
Oh yeah, also I did this but I no longer have a projector. Was awesome when I did though.

>> No.7840030

>>7840028
Just pick up a good CRT then TV wise just go for TRINITRONs if you are lucky PVM series...

>> No.7840041

>>7839370

hey hey hey... i still have my old 28'' crt tv

i just have to build a wooden cabinet, buy a decent controller, and install linux and mame on my old pentium 3 PC.

>> No.7840089

>>7840041
Please dont do this.

http://wickedretarded.com/~crapmame/

>> No.7840128

>>7840089
I feel bad laughing at this. The guys who built these things must have been so proud...

>> No.7840145

Would be cool if we could start a arcade gaming stream, would anyone be interested?

>> No.7840228

>>7840089
amazing

>> No.7840236

>>7839390
>>7840018
Why do I feel like this thread was created solely to lure these shitposters in here?

>> No.7840240

>>7840236
It also lured yourself a famous shitposter

>> No.7840254

>>7840236
Why so mad?

>> No.7840252

Who would play standing up anyway
Only good thing about arcades are the controllers.

>> No.7840259

>>7840252
Sitdown cabs have been the standard for a long time..

>> No.7840263

>>7840240
>>7840254
You forgot your trip(s). And yeah Anonymous is a pretty famous shitposter.

>> No.7840268
File: 7 KB, 90x112, kyary smirk.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7840236

>> No.7840282

>>7840145
guess not

>> No.7840303

>>7840282
you can just start a stream and post a link the danmaku threads. i'm sure some people would join.

>> No.7840310 [DELETED] 

>>7840303
I know but I would be cooler to have a few more people streaming on the same stream,

I would not just stream shooters, I like belt scrollers aswell.

>> No.7840322
File: 49 KB, 540x720, Z88D0..jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Sort of.

>> No.7840330

Why is ponpo so cool? I wish I would be him...

>> No.7840336
File: 62 KB, 640x480, 10008439468of9..jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7840330
Sup ponpo.

>> No.7840355

>>7840336
I'm not you, you silly person!

>> No.7840362

>>7840336
What type of offerings does my god accept?

>> No.7840372
File: 102 KB, 1024x768, IMG_0248.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.7840380 [DELETED] 

Call of Duty, the series, is perhaps one of the best known FPS game series in the entire videogame industry, next to Halo and Rainbow Six. Modern Warfare 2 was created by Infinity Ward, which works under Activision. Infinity Ward is well known for its quality creation of Call of Duty 4, which won game of the year recently. However, many people would argue that such mass produced game series (such as Call of Duty) weaken with age, as more and more developers run out of ideas and milk a series for more money with less effort. While unfortunate, this seems to be the case with Call of Duty, or at least the last few installments of the series. For those of you unfamiliar with the series, the last three games are Call of Duty 4 (COD4), Call of Duty World At War (made by Treyarch, Infinity Ward's counterpart) and the latest, Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 (MW2). This review will be broken up into 4 parts, and will only cover multiplayer, as many other reviews have covered campaign and spec ops mode quite well.

>> No.7840385 [DELETED] 

In terms of graphics, Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 is breathtaking in most aspects. Gun models are especially well detailed, with almost every external part of the gun photo-realistic to the actual weapon in real life. Soldier models are also very well created, and move much more fluidly than World at War's strange soldier graphics. However, a few problems exist in terms of the graphical prowess of the game. For one, when your character is shot, “blood” will appear on the screen, supposedly adding realism/intensity to the gameplay and forces an injured player to retreat to allow the screen to “wash off”. The problems with this mechanic are small but irritating. For one, the “blood” looks like Gatorade, watery and unusually translucent. Also, the blood effect covers just a bit too much of the screen, giving more advantage to the player who lands a hit first. Also, textures in game of walls or inane objects seem to suffer a low resolution problem, looking suspiciously unfinished. Many times, large cover objects (boxes, barrels) can suffer from lack of detail that detracts from the otherwise excellent graphics.

Soundwise, this game is half-and -half. The good news is that most weapons sound unique and easily distinguishable, more so than previous games. Footsteps are useful for tracking or avoiding enemies, and the other normal sounds (jumping, walking, and reloading) sound fine. The bad news is that the guns sound unique, but also slightly… underwhelming.

>> No.7840388

>>7840380
Black Ops is the newest not MW2.

>> No.7840391 [DELETED] 

Compared to a real firearm, these guns are practically silent. They become almost completely silent after adding a silencer, which prevent almost any sound from being heard by nearby enemies. While this may sound like a positive, it gets irritating quickly when someone shoots you from an inch away and all you hear is “puff”. Footsteps, while useful, also are flawed. Footsteps are not always loud enough to hear sometimes (which is realistic, I suppose) but sometimes simply seem to disappear or lag behind the walker, causing unnecessary deaths to whomever is nearby.

As with many other flawed games, MW2 suffers most in its gameplay aspect. For those of you who have not played the game or watched it (where have you been?) I will do my best to summarize. When you start playing the game, you are level one and can only choose from three weapon sets. After a few levels gained through experience earned in matches, you can begin to create your own weapon sets. These sets have customizable primary weapons, secondary weapons, “perks” (covered in a second) and equipments like grenades. By the way- perks are small abilities that you can add to your character, such as running faster or aiming more accurately from the hip. You can only have 3 at once. Once you create your own classes, you can also customize your callsign and emblems, which are symbols or pictures that represent your player and are unlocked through gameplay challenges (such as shooting enemies in the head, etc.). Then you just choose a game type- there several- and play. The mechanics are simple enough; you can fire from the hip and hope you hit an enemy, or aim down the top of a weapon for precise shots. Some weapons have scopes or aiming assistance. Respawning exists in most gametypes as well.

>> No.7840394

>>7840380
>>7840385
Get your fucking facts straight you degenerate subhuman.

>>7840336
Id rather have Darius Burst AC with the newest update. I'm still a jealous faggot though.

>> No.7840396

>>7840388
Black Ops is for scrubs like you.

>> No.7840398 [DELETED] 

The gameplay, in most cases, is addicting and somewhat enjoyable. Players will play often to unlock more weapons, and friends can (sometimes, due to online issues) get together and shoot stuff. I personally have played this game for hours, until I realized that I was more addicted than entertained.

While this may sound simple, clean and fun, this gameplay style is rife with problems. There are so many flaws or irritations that I can scarcely name them all. Weapons in this game are hideously unbalanced. For instance, a shotgun known as the 1887 is notorious for its ability to outshoot other weapons at mid range, and for killing more easily than many other weapons which should be able to defeat it at mid range. While a patch has been released for this issue, it does not entirely fix it; with the right attachments (FMJ and Akimbo) the 1887 gains all its power back. Some weapons are almost useless. The Intervention is a bolt action sniper rifle- a very powerful weapon in a real life combat situation. However, the in game version is pointless; the Barrett, a weapon unlocked at the same time, is semi automatic and just as powerful, and holds more ammunition. Why use a worse weapon? Speaking of sniper rifles, many times a sniper shot will miss its target entirely for no reason. I once aimed at an enemy who was standing still, and though the crosshair was right on his chest, every shot (5) missed entirely, allowing that same enemy to turn and kill me with a single shot. A related issue is the perk option when creating a class. Some perks are very dangerous, while others are again, useless. Example: A perk known as Commando allows the users to lunge forward with a knife attack, killing enemies from nearly 5 feet (or more) instantly, even if they are shot. This perk, combined with lightweight (speed boost) and marathon (running forever) allows cheaper players to run at a pace outstripping every over player, and stab them at ridiculous distances.

>> No.7840405

So is this faggot just shitposting or is this his most autistic method of removing game threads from /jp/?

>> No.7840403 [DELETED] 

Yep, there are even more problems, some worse than those listed above. I realize I sound like I'm whining, but it seems like most other players suffer these same issues over and over again. There is an attachment called the heartbeat sensor, which is ridiculous as it sounds. It enables players using it to use attached radar to sense nearby enemies, and even beeps to alert the user. There is a perk (ninja) which counters this, but unfortunately this perk is unlocked far later than heartbeat sensors are, leaving new players helpless to the seemingly omniscient sensors. It has also been confirmed that the ninja pro perk also occasionally fails to counter the heartbeat sensor. There is a killstreak device (a weapon or advantage given to players who kill other players often without dying) called the tactical nuke. It ends the game instantly regardless of score or objective, handing the user a win. The trade off? It takes 25 kills without dying. Players have learned to counter this by camping (staying in one place an entire game) and by using other killstreaks, such as attack jets to gain more kills without ever leaving their hiding place. Nothing is more irritating than a player that kills you again and again by hiding in a corner, then bombing your team right at the end of a match.

More and more issues. I could list a dozen more, such as the terrible level design. However, for the sake of readability, I will not. Just remember: you will have fun at first, then you will be more and more frustrated as this game tests your patience with its myriad minor problems.

>> No.7840410

>>7840396
real men play Halo

>> No.7840411

>>7840405
His autism is overrunning himself

>>7840089
i like the transformer one

>> No.7840412

>>7840372
Fucking Raiden II,DX when will I be able to play you in MAME?

>> No.7840413 [DELETED] 

To the developer:
Please, IW, PLEASE test your games more carefully. Just because you sold well does not mean your game is as good as it should be. Please consider asking for more player input- more perks and weapons means more issues in balancing, and I'm sure some players have some ideas to help. Your game is very enjoyable, and would be near perfect if so many little problems did not weigh it down so much. Next time you have a golden idea, don't smear dirt all over; all it needs is a little polishing.

I recommend all people who see this game and consider buying to rent it first. Oh, and be careful- I have actually had this game make strange and unpleasant sounds when played in the disc drive, make sure to stop playing for a while if this happens.

OVERALL SCORE: 5.5/10, rounded to a 6

Reviewer's Score: 6/10, Originally Posted: 01/11/10

Game Release: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (US, 11/10/09)

>> No.7840415

>>7840018
cool ghetto tate

>> No.7840417

>>7840372
What's the game on the left?

>> No.7840420
File: 411 KB, 1024x768, 1294599945851..jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.7840424
File: 307 KB, 960x1280, dscf0265ds8.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

check out my guts

>> No.7840423

>>7840410
>biggest scrub on /jp/
>acting like he knows which competitive games are good

Cool story queer.

>> No.7840433

>>7840423
>greentext
Get out of /jp/

>> No.7840434
File: 312 KB, 1024x768, Mars Matrix.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7840423
Mars Matrix is the most competetive game ever created

>> No.7840432 [DELETED] 

Since I first write this review, I've got a copy of World at War, but Modern Warfare 2 is still the first CoD I played. Anyway, on to the review.

I really wanted to give a good review, I really did want too, but this game is quite rubbish, to be honest. Modern Warfare 2 is (Obviously) the sequel to Modern Warfare, A game I've never played, come to think of it, I've never played any Call of Duty, so I hoped, at least, this game would be friendly to new people to the series, unfortunately it isn't after the first 5 minutes of the Campaign.

This is the only place this game shines, it's game play is nice and simple, very easy to slip into it and I fount it really easy to grasp the controls, it was also very responsive and really, the best part of the game. The game has good controls, which pretty much every game needs to have to be a good one, having an amazingly complex controls won't get you very far.

>> No.7840435

>>7840424
Are progear PCBs some of the more really expensive Cave ones or?

>> No.7840438 [DELETED] 

Unfortuantly, the rest of the gameplay falls short. In multi-player, some weapons are useless, some are extremely overpowered, for example, the most well known flaw, Model 1887 Shotguns. These guns can outpower every weapon on the game from short to midrange, if this wasn't bad enough they can also be dual wielded (Akimbo), the fact that they outpower Assault Rifles and Machine Guns at Midrange is absouloutly stupid, there was a patch for this, but it didn't really do anything, I'd still be shot by Akimbo 1887's and be dead at midrange, after putting 3 or 4 Assault Rifle bullets in my opponent. More about the multi-player flaws later on.

Unfortunately.. the story is pretty boring and unimaginative and according to some of my friends, very similar to Modern Warfare 1. Like I said earlier, I'm new to Call of Duty, which means the campaign should be difficult on the Normal difficulty, or at least challenging unfortunately, it isn't, I started on Hardened, recommended after The Pitt, and shortly found myself knocking that up to veteran, where it finally got mildly challenging. Even so, the game took me a short 10 hours on veteran, and my brother has beaten it in 6 hours on the Regular difficulty... for a game with so much hype and expectations, and my £45 it really isn't good enough, I had started to wish I rented the game instead. Re playable? Not really, unless you did the game on the Super Easy Regular difficulty and want the veteran trophies, then you might send out another 10 hours getting them. Oh... and people wanting the Co-Op story mode from World at War... It's gone so... yeah. This is without even mentioning the huge quantity of plot holes in the story, No spoilers, So I can't say anything, but just google it, and you'll find a list of them.

>> No.7840440

>>7840434
everyone knows this

>> No.7840442
File: 37 KB, 469x428, 1313529391790.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7840433
You seem to keep misplacing your tripcode. I wonder where it keeps going?

>> No.7840446

>>7840424
How much did you pay for the CPSII ProGear?

>> No.7840447 [DELETED] 

My favorite part of the game and it even has it's flaws.. Dear oh Dear. Specials Op's are basically short 1 or 2 player missions, and by 2 player, the person HAS to be on your friend-list and can't be a random person from the internet for some weird reason, which means people with no friends that have a copy of Modern Warfare 2, will never be able to get the Platinum trophy or the 69 Stars trophy or the Honor Roll trophy, this is because some of the missions have to be 2 players which makes me question again why we can't be teamed up with a random person from the internet or even an AI.. Anyway has a whole, special ops is good fun, even more with a friend, but still is good fun without 1, and seems to be a replacement for Nazi Zombies (Which I've played 1 game of round a friends house, it was awesome) from World at War, unfortunately there aren't any zombies on this one and instead there's a load of missions asking you do different things, sneak through a forest, collect some Intel and escape the gulag, kill a bunch of Juggernaughts on an oilrig, and mostly slightly edited stuff from the story but now is timed. This does however make up for the simpleness of the Story mode slightly, because, the Echo missions are rather difficult, though both have there own tricks to getting them done, such as High Explosive, which I did with my brother, it took us all day, then we find out there's a way to do the mission easily on co-op, using a cheap trick to block the Juggernaughts.

>> No.7840451

>>7840435
Yes original CPSII ProGear no Arashi boards are the most expensive older CAVE boards.

>> No.7840453 [DELETED] 

Multiplayer mode is really fun... if you are a veteran to Call of Duty online, us newbies will find ourselves thrown into a game with a bunch of players a lot more experiences than ourselves and shortly finding us basically being absolutely battered this is because the game doesn't seem to make games around people of your own 'level' or Kill/Death ration but more of random people, no matter how good they are and you find yourself, like I said, being battered by the other players which have a lot more experience. if you're a veteran however, you should find this mode fun, and (Apparently) the same as always with a few new modes, I really like the customizable weapons though that's one of my favorite parts. The largest problem I have with being against much higher levels is that they have much better guns, perks, and attachments, I'm used to games normally giving the new people a slight advantage which this game doesn't, let's face it, someone with Pro Perks and the all the Attachments for their gun is easily going to destroy a Level 1 with the basics. Like I mentioned earlier, IW haven't done a good job at balancing the guns (Model 1887 versus Everything) and some things just annoy you, Knife, for example, a basic tool, turned God-like on MW2, there's a setup which turns you into a running unstoppable knifing machine on this game (Marathon, Lightweight, Commando Perks) which lets you knife people from about, 2 meters away, and isn't slowed down by bullets and kills you in 1 hit, you would think if you are shooting someone running straight towards you a few bullets from an Assault Rifle would slow them down just a little bit, but it doesn't.

>> No.7840457

>>7840420
Raizing corner eh?

>>7840410
Real men play red orchestra 2

>> No.7840458 [DELETED] 

someone running straight towards you a few bullets from an Assault Rifle would slow them down just a little bit, but it doesn't. On top of this, some maps are extremely poorly made, "Estate" for example, 1 side of the map has a house (Another thing I have a problem with, undamageable scenery, a rocket from an AC130 would surely destroy the roof of a house, yet it remains unscarred) on 1 side, giving the team that spawns there a huge advantage if they can defend the house and I'm sure you know, defending is a lot easier than attacking, the more you play multiplayer, the more frustrating it becomes, and the more addicted you become, deep down you know you're not having fun, but you're addicted, so you keep going.

As a whole the game honestly feels Rushed and Unfinished which is because I believe they want to release a new game every year, I'd rather have a brilliant game, that's taken 10 years to make and has been perfected, than a broken game that has been rushed to finished. I advise you to rent the game, then if you like it, but it if you want, but I wouldn't recommend it, the more I play this game, the worse and worse it gets, in contrast to some other games,which seem to get better and better the more I play them.

The hardest part of this review is giving it an honest rating, with the descriptions I'd give it a 2, "Severe Problems prevent any Real Fun" but that's only for Story and Multiplayer, Spec Ops has problems but is still fun. So, I'd go with 4, "Game is unremarkable and flawed" completely sums up my feelings for the majority of the game, and it gets an entire 2 points for Spec Op's missions.

>> No.7840459
File: 71 KB, 655x441, DSCF3270..jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7840451
I just looked around, maybe 400-700? Those might not be Japanese, though.

>> No.7840463

How autistic do you gotta be to waste your time copy pasting some random ass review instead of playing games?

>> No.7840464

I prefer PSIKYO shmups.

>> No.7840466

>>7840412
Never

>> No.7840467 [DELETED] 

Back in the day, when you wanted a shooter you had only two real options; World War 2, or a futuristic/alternate reality shooter. With the exception of a few games, most non-WW2 shooters were not set in modern times with modern weapons, and the few that were the exception were often made with ‘hooks' that sometimes made them so off the wall that it never appealed to the mass market. But after a WW2 shooter veteran, Call of Duty, broke the trend and made their wildly popular Modern Warfare entry, it was such a game changer that they even had to split their franchise into two different properties, Infinity Ward sticking with Modern Warfare, and Treyarch continuing on with the WW2 line (World at War). A vast majority of people played the sequel as soon as it came out as the buzz for it was near deafening, but that aside, I figure I'll put my two cents in anyway.

For those of you who have avoided First Person Shooters like the plague, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is the sequel to the original game. The story is a direct continuation of the first game, and makes absolutely no attempt to explain any of the events of the first game except with a type of ‘random images and sound clips' blurred sequence that plays in the opening credit sequence. This was a problem for me as I was unable to play the first game until afterwards and was lost on the story. But from a first-time perspective, the story involves the American military continuing to deal with unrest in the middle east while a secret multinational task force attempts to deal with increasingly difficult problems. Events in the first game have left an extremist party controlling the Russian government, creating a hero out of the villain from the first game. To make matters worse, one of his lieutenants, Makarov is continuing the work of his past superior, only his methods are far more drastic.

>> No.7840469

>>7840457
Real men play Unreal Tournament 2004

>> No.7840472

>>7840463
About as autistic as raging at that person.

>> No.7840476 [DELETED] 

The game play is little changed from the original game. What the game offers is extremely well refined. You move through various missions as various characters, each one playing a part in the story. For the most part you shift between an Army Ranger working with his squad to help deal with an invasion at home while in other missions you jump into the new rookie in taskforce 141, working with the original protagonist from the first game who now acts as your superior officer to help him counter Makarov's movements. Your weapons change from mission to mission and you can pick up extra weapons that enemies drop or you find along the way. Often weapons have particular attachments which help to increase their effectiveness. Stealth weapons have silences and sometimes heartbeat sensors, sniper rifles have scopes and sometimes thermal sights, and rifles usually have a red dot or holographic sight and a grenade launcher. Weapons differ and all handle in their own distinct way so the attachments allow for an even more varied feel for each one.

Like most FPS games you move from simple ‘point a to point b' sections, to dislodging and sweeping actions of removing dug in enemies, to defensive areas where you have to prevent the same from being done to you. They also include areas where you have to sneak quietly past patrols, using stealth rather than brute force. Sometimes you even get a bit of swat team style action where you have to breach walls and doors and take out enemies before they can take out hostages or fire back on you. This is aided by a rather good aiming mechanic. Aiming down the sights reduces bullet spread and increases accuracy, and crouching increases that even more. When aiming down the sights, the gun auto-aims at an enemy, allowing you to aim at targets in quick succession.

>> No.7840477
File: 36 KB, 409x548, 20100829194313.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7840423
Your eternal asspain only makes my penis harder.

>>7840457
the realest of men play(ed) Shadowrun

>> No.7840482

>>7840464
Seibu Kaihatsu best.

>> No.7840483 [DELETED] 

This can be very useful as sometimes enemies wear camo that makes them very difficult to spot. This is made more difficult when you take into account like paper flying in the wind and ash or other objects floating about that can be distracting to the eye and break up a silhouette.

That is only one of the three aspects of this game. The other major single player section of the game is the Special Ops mode. This can be done single player, split screen, or online with a friend. This involves you going through various missions, such as defending a soldier on the ground with an AC 130 in the air, or making it across a heavily defended bridge under a time limit, or various other missions. They attempt to cover every aspect that can be done with the game and it's engine and any aspect covered in the second or even the first game. Depending on the difficulty you choose or how well/fast you complete the stages, you earn stars. Each mission earns 3 stars maximum, and unlocking stars is needed to unlock different missions.

>> No.7840484

>>7840459
It is hard to make out region on a CPSII game released late in its cycle like Progear and dimahoo capcom used all the region shells yellow,black,green,blue for the japanese and limited us release, they even converted some more commonly found games to the rare ones, its not uncommon to have a progear or dimahoo board that has vampire savior or etc marks on its eproms which is a sign of a conversion.

>> No.7840490 [DELETED] 

The last aspect of the game is the one that was a major focus of the first game, the multiplayer. Multiplayer has undergone the most improvements since the first game, since it was one of the reasons the game sold so well years after the release, people continuing to play the multiplayer well after they finished the single player campaign. Like the first game, you run through various maps, either on teams or free-for-all, your characters one of two factions for each map (Army Rangers vs. militants, Task force 141 against militia, etc.). There are various modes of play, the basics being team death match and Domination. As you play the game, you earn experience for kills, and for captures in games like domination, sabotage, etc. You also earn extra experience for various actions, like killing someone who killed you, killing someone guarding or taking a capture point, killing an enemy in a skilful way, and other means. Your experience unlocks extra levels. Each level adds benefits, the first being custom classes you can make. Second you can unlock weapons and abilities, different abilities like going undetected by UAV's, more melee range, and faster movement. What this game adds is extra abilities, and the ability to level them up with enough use. One ability allows you to do more damage with bullets, but use it enough and you can do more damage to vehicles as well.

In addition to new weapons and attachments, there are also new and custom kill streaks. In the first game, you had only UAV's, air strikes, and finally a helicopter. Now you can choose kill streaks like counter UAV's, sentry guns, EMP blasts, even tactical nukes. The simpler benefits take just a few kills, like the sentry gun needing only five, while the game ending nuke requires a total of 25 uninterrupted kills. The game also adds a bit of bragging in the emblems and titles.

>> No.7840492

>>7840477
The realest man still plays Rastan Saga

>> No.7840495 [DELETED] 

As well as that, you sometimes also get emblems that look like badges that appear alongside your title. Once you reach the level cap of 70, you can choose to continue into prestige mode. This resets you back down to level one, but opens up new achievements, new titles, and increases you creatable character slots by 1.

The game tries to be perfect but has a few flaws that do bring it down a touch. For one, the story works very well but near the end it makes twist that seems to make no sense and brings it down the quality of the story. It just makes no sense since the story works so well up to that point and suddenly makes such a hair-pin turn for no reason. Speaking of the single player story, this one is laughably short. It takes a little more than 4 hours to get through all the missions, and I've been told that the story in the first game was much longer. The special ops and multiplayer offers more replay, but to have the main play mode to be so short, it seems rather unfortunate. One suggestion was that they shortened the main campaign to make room for the expanded multiplayer and special ops modes.

The multiplayer mode also has some problems. The special ops is fine at what it does but it can get very aggravating and repetitive.

>> No.7840497

>>7840464
I wonder what happened to the devs.

>> No.7840501 [DELETED] 

When you flop a mission, you have to start at the beginning, and this is a huge problem in missions like one where you have to escort someone to a pick up point while providing cover with a helicopter. It is timed and requires every last second to clear enemies and move forward, but if you foul up at the very end, as it usually does, you have to start at the very beginning. With longer missions like these, it would have been nice if they at least had a mid-point checkpoint, rather than forcing you to start all over again. The multiplayer section has some bugs such as a cheat that lets people use a weapon to cause massive damage, and a bug that remains even after various updates. The most problem is how the game deals with lag. When you are lagging, it's common that what you see is an after image of an enemy. If your lagging a half second behind, everyone you see is a half second behind from where they really are. What the game also does is that if you're lagging, all your bullets, even if they land, do ‘glancing' damage. That means that if someone is moving faster than you, they need 2 or 3 bullets to put you down. It also means that if you manage to hit someone while your lagging, you may need to unload 15 rounds into them before they go down, even if your hitting them where they actual are and your using the same weapon. The game seems to consider all shots from someone moving slower to be weak glancing blows and not do as much damage. When you're lagging, this is infuriating as you have to pour fire on enemies and this leaves you open to counterattacks.

>> No.7840503

>>7840492
Men amongst men play Space bomber

>> No.7840509 [DELETED] 

A lot of the other multiplayer problems are not the fault of the game but mostly other players. One can find himself getting slaughtered in multiplayer because your team-mates are utterly incapable of working together, it just all depends on the players. Taking into account all the aspects of the game, it's rather interesting to say the least. The mechanics are so clean and well made that it can be considered one of the best shooters out there. The only problems are relatively small and can sometimes be overlooked, however they are enough to keep this from being the perfect game. The ending is very open ended so its going to be interesting to see where they take this game next. I'm curious to see if they will find ways to improve the multiplayer further or leave it static to expand the single player to even it out. As it is, I'd say the game is mostly 30% single player, and 70% multiplayer. The game is so multiplayer heavy that if you don't mind a quick single player mode, the multiplayer will definitely keep you busy for a while. As of now the game has no expansions for maps but I'm sure that will change soon enough. There are enough people clamoring for more content to increase the number of multiplayer maps. This is a definite buy for anyone who enjoys multiplayer games and first person shooters.

>> No.7840516

>>7840492
I prefer Sengoku 3

>> No.7840519 [DELETED] 

"Best shooter ever? Maybe, maybe not..."

So... where does it begin? Less than three years ago, a small developer by the name of Infinity Ward created the fourth installment of their stellar franchise, titled Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. The game moved the genre from the pit of waning World War II-themed shooters seen in a great number of other shooters to modern times. Hell, even previous Call of Duty titles were set in the WWII theater, so this was a nice change of pace. The game wasn't the absolute greatest ever, nor was it ground-breaking, but it was a critical and commercial success, becoming one of, if not, THE best selling shooter of all time. It was supremely addictive, and the brilliance of its online brought about a new and massive audience to first-person shooters. Fast forward 3 years later, the sequel to that great game is here. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. One of the most anticipated games of all time. Now let's get down to business.

>> No.7840522 [DELETED] 

Starting it off, as you pop in the disc and wait for it to load, you'll find that this time around, the game has no introduction movie. It just sends you to the main menu right off, allowing you to skip the adverts. This was probably intended by the developers to allow the player to jump straight into the action without hindrance. The game is divided into three modes: Special-Ops, Campaign, and of course, Multiplayer. Special-Ops, or shortened as Spec-Ops, is a brand mode featuring numerous missions requiring you to take down waves of enemies, reach a certain area under a strict time limit or under certain conditions, or protecting a buddy down on the ground while you command a turret on board a helicopter.

You may earn stars dependent on what difficulty you complete these missions, for a total of 69 should you succeed in completing all of them on veteran mode. The missions are structured and varied enough to keep most entertained. However, not every mission is a walk across a field of flowers. Some of them will have you pulling out hairs. Or vent your anger at your console. Then again, where would the feeling of accomplishment come without the struggle, correct? You can choose to go solo, or pair up with a buddy in split-screen or online co-op, which is highly recommended. Nicely executed, lots of fun, and if you don't have any way of connecting online, or are looking for something to do before you get back to the chaos of online mode, or bother to forward the plot of the game, this mode is definitely for you.

>> No.7840523
File: 24 KB, 450x255, Raiden_Fighters_Jet_Logo_1_a.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7840519
>"Best shooter ever? Maybe, maybe not..."

You talking about Raiden Fighters JET right?

>> No.7840525

>>7840516
I prefer AvP

Sengoku is pretty great though.

>> No.7840526

>>7840459
I jelly.

>> No.7840527 [DELETED] 

Shifting our focus elsewhere is the middle panel, or Campaign, is where you well get into the main story and the overall single player experience. The game is set about five years after the previous title. You'll found some new faces, and some very familiar ones that some of you Call of Duty vets may know of, without spoiling it for the rest of us. The single player isn't absolutely essential, and in all honesty, don't expect some +15 hour epic. In one sitting you could probably finish it in approximately 4-5 hours, a little longer for the majority. The plot isn't some Shakespeare-inspired drama, or an Academy Award-winning action movie, but some of the sequences placed in many of the levels are inspired (or maybe even ripped off) from some. There's a surprising twist towards the campaign's end that won't be spoiled, but it doesn't give it enough of a wow factor to really take the player in.

The single player overall wasn't one of the most satisfying experiences I've ever had, but it's decent enough where it could pass up as a Michael Bay action adventure flick. In other words, pretty cliched, originality is lacking, so don't expect anything truly jaw-dropping. Not all is downplayed, and it's not like the campaign was too hard, or some parts were over-the-top, or completely unnecessary, it's just that it felt as though the developers could have done a little better, all things considering that this game's campaign doesn't present something dramatically different from the last one. But there a couple of positives. For one, the overall presentation of the story is delivered with a more cinematic feel, and the game's visuals, although not noticeably different from the first Modern Warfare, have had a few very minor tweaks, and still come through looking quite good.

>> No.7840528

>>7840523
You mean Raiden Fighters 2.

>> No.7840531

>>7840525
Ever played Cadillacs and Dinosaurs?

>> No.7840534 [DELETED] 

The bulk of the gameplay involves plenty of the typical content you'll find in game like this: shooting the bad guys while getting behind cover, going from point A to point B, or rescuing some hostages, unchanged and something to be expected from the series. There are a few vehicle-based levels, and one level in particular that is rather controversial, which do change the pace of the game to varying degrees. They're not bad, but they're not great either. It feels like a sort of been there, done that moment in some instances. If you're looking for a truly memorable single player experience, this won't satisfy your appetite, but the end will leave you hopeful for another installment. If you are looking for the full package, and a heavy dose of addictive gaming, consider this portion of the game as merely the icing on top of a surprisingly tasty cake.

The last of the three panels, multiplayer, will most likely be the section you'll be devoting much of your time to. Returning to its predecessor, part of the previous Modern Warfare's huge popular was the online component, and it was a major success, and is still played quite often even to this day. The sequel aims to do better. You'll find all of your basics, LAN Party for the, er, LAN parties with and against your friends, Split-screen offline for the good old fashion shoot 'em ups reminiscent of the days of Perfect Dark and Golden Eye for the original N64. A notable improvement is the ability to create your own custom weapon classes for offline, granting you your own preferences. A nice change from the limitations of the standard classes you were allowed in the last title's split-screen.

>> No.7840541 [DELETED] 

Finally, the main focus of the game, its online multiplayer component. The overall game mechanics remain unchanged, but there are more in terms of content and customization for you to explore with this time around. Weapon classes have been changed to accommodate the plethora of weapons you'll find, with some weapons from the first Modern Warfare making their return, with a few tweaks to them, and some brand new ones for you to experiment with. The secondary weapons section offer a much wider selection than before. You can now equip something other than a pistol for your style of play. This welcome change grants much more variety with each custom class made and allows a huge amount of options for anyone to go about their online experiences.

The perk system made popular by the previous game has been revised, with the addition of Pro perks, to give players certain advantages over each other. There are a larger selection of maps than before, and they offer larger, and more complex environments for an array of combat situations. Lastly, the game allows for you to customize your own kill streaks. In the previous Modern Warfare, all players were restricted to only the 3-5-7 setup, UAV, Airstrike, and Helicopter. This time around, you are allowed other, often times more effective kill streaks, like the random draw of a care package, controlling the gunner of an Apache Helicopter, a cannon blasting AC-130, and the destructive, game-ending Tactical Nuke at your disposal. You are however, still limited to 3 at a time, so managing which streak will serve you well is entirely up to you.

>> No.7840538

>>7840528
No I mean JET clearly true perfection

>> No.7840547

>>7840531
Not for long. I don't like how stiff it feels. Same reason I didn't like The Punisher. If I actually put some time in it though, I probably wouldn't even notice the stiffness after the first week though. Maybe I'll try it again like...next month.

>> No.7840550 [DELETED] 

Online features numerous new game modes, including all of the past favorites, such as Search-and-Destroy, Free-For-All, and Team Deathmatch. The news, including Demolition, and the welcome addition of Capture the Flag, offer more enjoyment and selection to serious and casual gamers alike. One of the big differences, is the new 3rd-person perspective. Instead of the default first-person view the game runs with, there now are game modes where you play in 3rd-person. Granted, this view seems somewhat tacked on, and there could have been more to choose from with this, but it's still a nice change, and quite interesting to play with. The 3rd person mode is also available for offline multiplayer. Another new function is the host migration. Instead of the game ending when the host of the lobby leaves or disconnects, the game will simply stop and will scan for a new host. This allows for continued play without the worry of it ending prematurely.

Despite many of these changes and additions, the balance in online remains in question. Yes, many of these new features and extra content allows a more engrossing gaming experience, but many will argue that the quality of the game's strongest points will suffer. For starters, there are no more dedicated servers. Infinity Ward has instead chosen to go with a new security system in their servers to prevent hackers and other game-breaking glitches from ruining online for everyone. This is no problem for console owners, but PC gamers will receive the short end of the stick this time, having lost the freedom of mods and larger player maps. The match-making system is more problematic than before, often times placing you in games where you can't really do much, and will end before you commit to something.

>> No.7840552
File: 12 KB, 320x240, Pretty-Soldier-Sailor-Moon-Title-Screen.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7840531
>>7840525
>>7840516
>>7840492
Play a beltscroller for men even designed by Uemura

>> No.7840556 [DELETED] 

A more developed, more centralized clan system would be a great addition, but instead the game uses the same clan tag feature from its predecessor. The game also seemingly rewards even bad players. The addition of death streaks attempt to aid newbies who lack the skills and knowledge of the game against many of the vets.

While there is a way to counter everything that may seem over-powered, often times some of the extra stuff is abused. That, however, is expected in online games, especially in a game as grand as Modern Warfare 2. Don't be too discouraged though, because everything is available to everyone, and the added death streaks and the perks that cancel out each other are just an attempt to balance out the online. But at some times that balance is nowhere to be found. Really, it's all up to the player, and that's what can be upsetting at times. The luck and often unbelievable circumstances involved with certain aspects of online will leave some in the dark, but if you can deal with the nonsense, you will find the same fun, brilliantly rewarding online multiplayer experiences many of you have loved before.

>> No.7840559 [DELETED] 

While the game lacks quite a bit in the single player department, in multiplayer and co-op it excels. It feels as though Infinity Ward have ignored the idea of revamping their recipe for success, and instead stuck on with the same, familiar gameplay that dates back to the days of the first two Call of Duty games. Yes it is running on a newer engine, but how much "newer" is it exactly? It plays exactly like the first Modern Warfare, which isn't a bad thing given how hugely popular the first one was. To another perspective, it seems like all of the efforts on Modern Warfare 2 were on the online component. From the developer's standpoint, it's understandable. It's the profits that are of any concern. Why fix what isn't broken, right? There are many issues that have to be resolved. Updates to the game's core have been addressed, though there still some things that need to be done. But it just feels a bit incomplete. Yes, the online is great, and the inclusion of Spec-Ops added much more variety to the game, but it just seems that they could have done much much more. The formula is aging, but how long until it's time for something new? While it isn't the greatest shooter ever, and its flaws will cause some heated debates amongst the masses for many months to come, it's still a solid choice, and one that will definitely have you playing and coming back for more in the next couple of years... at least until the next one comes out.

Final Words: It's not exactly a precision headshot, but it's still a kill.

>> No.7840564

OT, but I wish Guardian Heroes was coming out on 9/14 instead of Radiant Silvergun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdEzdvp95-I

>> No.7840568
File: 208 KB, 1280x720, Akai Katana.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I do not need to tate for akai katana

>> No.7840573

>>7840564
Radiant Silvergun will be the next names drop in shooter, in "reviews"

>> No.7840587
File: 404 KB, 2055x1468, PC_Engine_(3-4_right_view).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I like shooting games

>> No.7840594

>>7840552
I'm not pretty enough. ;_;

>> No.7840605

>>7840564
Fucking msp I have about 2600 points which I want to use for DFK DLC,Radiant Silvergun but then I have not picked up Hard Corps Uprising,Ikaruga,Exelica,trouble witches and skystages

fuck

>> No.7840617

>>7840568
I hope more people start playing this some day. Maybe once it gets released in the west it'll start getting the respect it deserves.

>>7840573
Nah, I'm sure Ikaruga will still be the genre-defining game. Radiant Silvergun will be #2.

>>7840587
^_~

>> No.7840618

>>7840605
Go for Hard Corps Uprising.
Best Contra game ever.

>> No.7840623

>>7840617
>Ikaruga
>Genre Defining
What genre? The puzzle genre? The rhythm genre?

>> No.7840630

>>7840617
No it will be Radiant Silvergun is the sequel to the famous Ikaruga.

>> No.7840633

>>7840605
Not to mention I have not yet gotten Eschatos and Deadly Premonition.

I will go bankrupt..

>> No.7840654

How can I stream 360 through VGA without any loss of quality or lag?

>> No.7840655

>>7840605
I'd say get DFK BL and Hard Corps Uprising. HCU in particular is really fucking good.

Skip the XBLA version of Ikaruga and get it on DC instead.

>> No.7840662

>>7840655
I dont have a stick for my DC thats the problem, does the XBLA version of Ikaruga lack 4:3 mode is that it?

>> No.7840671
File: 53 KB, 240x320, psyvarrv.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Fucking SUCCESS do something with Psyvariar atleast have the deceny to do a XBLA release.

>> No.7840686

>>7840662
Some bullet patterns and enemy spawns are messed up on the 360 version.

>> No.7840694

>>7840686
Then il skip it.

>> No.7840703
File: 419 KB, 482x599, ddp dfk5.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

So for us non NTSC-J guys DaiFukkatsu release is closing by you guys been reading guides and watching superplays?

>> No.7840767 [DELETED] 
File: 19 KB, 456x297, 1276906693777.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>111 posts and 16 image replies omitted. Click Reply to view.

You can't be serious.

>> No.7840938

http://www.atlus.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9462

>> No.7840952 [DELETED] 
File: 35 KB, 177x278, what.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7840938

>> No.7840955 [DELETED] 

>>7840767
>>7840952
epic reaction image /b/ros XDDDDD

Also reported. Take this shit back to >>>/v/

>> No.7840974 [DELETED] 

>>7840767
>>7840952
>>7840955
samefag.

>> No.7840981

>>7840938
>WHY ISN'T DODONPACHI EASIER AND PRETTIER?!
I'm about a second away from vomiting all over my keyboard.

>> No.7841098

>>7840938
disgusting

>> No.7841105

I forgot G-Darius had such a awesome soundtrack.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doAwR_AVwnY&feature=related

>> No.7841107

>>7840981
>greentext
I died a little in my mouth.

>> No.7841113

I never got shmups, why cant i just fly above and below the bullets?

>> No.7841117

>>7841113
Because there is no third dimension.

>> No.7841123

>>7841117
then how does the ship or pilot fly if the parts are all squished flat?

>> No.7841128

>>7841113

They're giant pillars moving across the screen, you just can't see how tall they really are.

>> No.7841129

>>7841117
Oh never mind i guess its,
>troll physics

>> No.7841139

And why do all the enemy ships attack in a big line

>> No.7841150

>>7841139

Not enough time to prepare for a guerilla style attack.

>> No.7841307

>>7840420
This is what I call heaven ;_;

>> No.7841331
File: 7 KB, 150x150, thatsit.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7840420
I wish i could go there so i could play the latest versions of Initial D and Maximum Tune. Arcades are already dead here in the US. I miss playing Metal slug, time crisis, ddr, easymodo shumps.

>> No.7841344

>delete on topic threads
>leave this /v/ shit

Where is the Buttranger when you need him?

>> No.7841350
File: 134 KB, 500x500, 1304698897834.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7841113
>not playing Touhou in 3D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09ngfE279uk

>> No.7841354

>>7841344
He was already defeated his miserable attempt at a derail ended in total operational disaster

>> No.7841367

>>7841354
I see the faggot deleted not only the spammer's posts but every post even remotely against /v/ threads. I guess /jp/ is officially /v2/.

>> No.7841390

>>7841367
If /jp/ is /v/ 2.0 and /v/ is /b/ 2.0
Where does that leave us?

>> No.7841391

>>7841367
>10. No spamming or flooding of any kind.

>> No.7841475

>>7841390
Just /v/ 2.0. It's like how Jedi Outcast is Jedi Knight 2, while Jedi Knight is Dark Forces 2.

>> No.7841606

>>7841391
Durhur retard. I'm saying that non-spam posts were also deleted.

>> No.7841629

>>7841344
>>7841367
>>7841390
>>7841475
>>7841606
>Touhou
>Not /v/

>> No.7841655

>>7841629
>greentext
>outside of /b/

Out.

>> No.7841726

>>7840089
http://wickedretarded.com/~crapmame/15.html

Oh my fucking God, I thought the guy was just being too harsh on some, but then I completely lost it at this one.

>> No.7841732

I think the worst part about shmup fanboys is that they're basically /v/'s equivalent of hipsters. They come in here with their shitty obscure arcade games from 1995 that nobody's even heard of, and act as if they're the most epic games ever made. They talk about the forgettable music, horrendously outdated gameplay (there's a reason shmups aren't a big genre anymore), and DEEP scoring systems on games that nobody else here gives two fucks about. They'll use their in-clique terms amongst each other in a desperate attempt to sound sophisticated and leet to everyone else. And why? To be cool on the internet. Don't bother mentioning that shmups as a whole are terrible- this only makes them cooler for liking something so obscure and disliked.

Better yet, most of them have a severe case of unwarranted self-importance. Acting like you're superior over video game abilities is retarded in its own right, but they take it to a whole new level. They've actually deluded themselves into thinking that it takes far more skill to play the same level again and again against a predictable AI opponent than competing with other players on say, a fighting game or FPS. Once you get them mad by pointing out their faggotry, they'll immediately start rageposting about how you "can't handle the difficulty" and how their shitty genre is "too advanced for modern gamers". You'd think that these kind of retro-goggle retards would have died out a long time ago, but this sadly isn't the case. When you throw in their tendency to be headband-toting japanophiles, you get some of the worst posters this side of 4chan.

>> No.7841768

>>7841732
I think you overthink things.

>> No.7841767

>>7841732
0/10

>> No.7841792
File: 595 KB, 500x730, 1314602519438.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7841767
>>7841768
Assdevastated.

>> No.7841796

>>7841732
The sick thing is I'm pretty sure this isn't kopipe.

>> No.7841804

>>7841796
Copypasta you goddamn weeaboo.

>> No.7841807

>>7841804
Yeah, because that doesn't sound silly at all.

>> No.7841811

>>7841796
Nah, I'm pretty sure I've seen it on /v/ before. I would check the archive but it's down as it is 80% of the time.

>> No.7841815

>>7839370

OP please delete your thread when it's invaded by greentexting, meme-spouting kids from /v/

>> No.7841818

>>7841811
>browsing /v/

Confirmed for shitposter. Filtered.

>> No.7841821

>>7841815
OP is one of the very people you're talking about.

>> No.7842295

>delete doujin shmup thread
>leave /v/ shmup thread

What in the blue fuck are you doing, meido?

>> No.7842673

I like how people actively think that the janitor that resides here is obligated to delete threads that people don't approve of, despite how they are part of Otaku Culture. Real funny.

Take your pre-dispositioned train of thought elsewhere.

>> No.7842774

>>7840434
>Mars Matrix
>most competitive game ever created
>counter-stoppable by white people

LOL.

>> No.7842899

>>7842774
Counter stop the DC version you little poopyhead

>> No.7842919

>>7841732
Are you that infected with autism after your little "crusade" failed earlier on?

>> No.7842949

>>7842673
Janitor must do everything.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action