[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 491 KB, 350x260, 1284387254501.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7825942 No.7825942 [Reply] [Original]

How did you do in school /jp/?

Did you go to university/college?

How have your results affected your life? Are they a primary reason that you are a NEET?

>> No.7825959

>How did you do in school /jp/?
I scored higher than 96.65% of the high school student of my year in my final year.

>Did you go to university/college?
Yes, double degree Commerce / Business Systems

>How have your results affected your life?
I managed to get into a job after graduating, 2.5 years later I am now in the top 9% of the population in terms of yearly income according to the tax office.

>Are they a primary reason that you are a NEET?
I would say so, I spent too much time studying and playing MMORPGs rather than talking to girls.

>> No.7825958

I did alright in primary school. I had my few share of drama... but overal, it was alright. High school though is another matter which I'm not going to get into.

I went to neither. I was given the choice to get into college... but as soon as I hit an interview, not only did I choke it badly, but I also didn't get accepted in.

And I'd also not know the answer to that last question. I have a supicious feeling that if my life in high school went differently, I'd probably be a normal person and not on here typing this message.

>> No.7825963

>>7825958

>High school though is another matter which I'm not going to get into.

Pray tell.

>> No.7825962

>>7825959
Well shit, guess not a NEET, but I would've figured I would have a loving wife by now instead of so ronery.

>> No.7825964
File: 13 KB, 253x266, 145be6b4b4a25cf05d6ed8f0b09bbe1c.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

School I was the top of my year. Highest marks in pretty much everything. However I was not picked on for this due to there being more socially incompetent people than me there....this was in the UK

I went to High School in America and that went badly. I was practically a recluse and spoke to very few people. Did well marks wise but...

Went to uni in UK but due to being in America was not granted loans. I have had to drop out pretty much ;_;

So despite being "academically smart" I have not got anywhere in life and am lonely and sad.

>> No.7825965

/jp/ is truNEET only, gtfo.

any NEET bros who want to become double NEET?

>> No.7825969

>>7825964
>>7825958
Why the fuck do I keep seeing /a/ tripfags everywhere?

>> No.7825968

I was homeschooled since the first grade. I got to experience being a hiki much sooner, and it was excellent.

I'll get around to entering college by next year, I've been taking it easy in the meantime.

>> No.7825980

>>7825974
Because I visit /a/ for the Strike Witches threads.

>> No.7825974

>>7825969
Why do you even recognize /a/ tripfags?

>> No.7825976
File: 399 KB, 627x700, 21506462.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7825963
Well I won't go in the "exact" details... so I'll shorten it so that you can get a basic gist of it.

- Get bullied all my life during high school due to my big mouth and get in a few fights at school (and get beaten up).

- Get suspended a few times because most of the bullying results me fighting back.

- Some of the bullying wasn't due to my "big mouth" and even if it was months ago I did it, they still picked on me because I always told a teacher.

- Get called names (which is a common matter which I'm sure most people have suffered).

- Have been tormented by a group of older girls to which I could do nothing about.

- Because of my big mouth, I couldn't make friends because I was one of those people who didn't "want" to mix with others and prefered being alone mostly.

- Missed an entire year of high school when the bullying got out of hand. But I think that was the council's fault because they were lazy bastards who took ages (I kid you not) on getting me to another school.

- Because of that, it made me fall to the point I didn't "give" a fuck about school life at all. At times I'd just flunk it and head to the library... it was also the reason why I failed all my exams and dropped out because I just gave up on studying.

That's the gist of it. I may be crazy on saying this... but if I could change history, I'd change what shite I went through in high school and possibly my mouth.

>>7825969
/a/'s being invaded by a fanny. So I'm relaxing here and watching videos till it all cools down.

>> No.7825979

Pretty awesome up until high school, got the best result in school in the general exam at the end of middle school, went to meeting with the mayor for the best students from different schools in the city and all. All that without actually studying or doing almost any homework.
So, understandably, once I went to high school(and I chose a really good one) I suddenly found myself unable to keep up the way I used to before - particularly since my mental health deteriorated and I spend most of high school in heavy depression, and only didn't off myself because the people and teachers in my school were really cool. It got so bad that if not for some teachers doing their best to help me I might have had to repeat a year once or even drop out. But I somehow managed to graduate, and at the nationwide exam at the end of school did pretty damn well - well enough to get into my university of choice with no problems at all. Actually I could've gotten into pretty much any technical university save for some of the most exclusive courses.
And then after half a year I dropped out, and I didn't regret it in the slightest in the few years since.

>> No.7825989

>>7825979

Are you me?

I'm just at the pre-uni stage and instead of it I'm thinking military.

Sigh...

>> No.7825995

>my big mouth
What do you mean by that?

>> No.7825996

>>7825980
I thought the moderator was closing Strike Witches threads.

>> No.7825997

1.I got A in almost everything
2.I'm a doctor now but i work only for pleasure. I'm a rich heir. I hate the whores around me who are all after my money.
3.I'm not a neet. I just waste my free time on the internet.

>> No.7825999

>>7825996
Some appear from time to time.
Though most of them immediately get spammed.

>> No.7826000

>>7825995
What I mean is that back then, I had a way with words that would make me the most hated prick in the school.

- "Fuck off!"

^That's the kind of stuff that I'd normally say if someone tried to get close to me and I didn't know them. If I didn't say it, I'd just tell them to "go away" or "leave me alone". It was another reason on why people could pick on me easily and insult me.

If we were to go a few months further into the future, I wouldn't say those things at all now. But just giving them a look that says "you aren't wanted here" could tell they could pick on me more. So if I could "man up" and "stop" being negative, stuff would have went differently.

I deserved it, I know.

>> No.7826011

Grade school went badly for me, as did middle school. high school was fucking fantastic, but I had to forging signatures on community service forms to pass.

College always goes okay to start with, but depression eventually set in and kept me from attending. I've started college twice (almost three, but my application was rejected), but can't ever stick it out for more than the first year.

>> No.7826023

One of the best in middle school. Dropped out of high school IB (International Baccalaureate) curriculum due to depression, even though I easily passed the enterance exam. NEET/hikki for 1 year and now studying again (2nd year just started).

Planning to go study medical.

>How have your results affected your life?
I got bullied due to being "nerd" and getting good grades but I think it's only one of the reasons I'm an antisocial loser.

>> No.7826026
File: 95 KB, 1280x720, 1313770836523.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Straight A student, got halfway through law school at an 80% average before I shut in. I just got sick of life. I think the only reason my parents ever supported me is they think at any time I could become some sort of success story.

>> No.7826027
File: 385 KB, 500x375, crying_OD.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

college was HELLa alright, it's the 10 hours of homework that is a huge turn off

>> No.7826035

I was pretty average in school, never bullied or anything. Was outgoing until the end of 6th grade, then I became an introvert.
Now I'm a freshman at community college trying to get into a decent CS school.

>> No.7826043

>>7826026
Are you american. If not help. I need help. I have an equity exam in 10 hours and I'm fucked ;_;.

>> No.7826051

I did pretty good in highschool even though my grades dropped a bit by every year, I almost finished college but allkinds of stuff overwhelmed me and fucked me up quite bad. What a shame.

>> No.7826053

After two years two years of being a neet I'll start uni tomorrow. ;_;

>> No.7826075

My life hit the point of no return when high school started. The few years before that were pretty awful too.

Being forced to drop out of high school ruined my life.

>> No.7826097

Art high, final year. I want to go to uni, except I need to be actually good for that.

>> No.7826111

>>7825942
I'm on my final year at the university, been pretty good.

>> No.7826119

bottom 10% in high school GPA, top 5% on SATs, got accepted into college

most of my college grades were either As or Fs, ended with a 3.1something. graduated 2 years after the housing bubble collapse with no prospects.

now I work 5 hours a week and that covers my student loans, I'm content living the way I am

>> No.7826122

I stopped caring at stage 4.
School was just too boring in comparison to games.

>> No.7826124

Straight C's. I am the king of average.

>> No.7826136
File: 15 KB, 334x274, 1308192955531.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

At some point in the past 2 years I completely stopped caring about the real world. I never played a major part in people's lives anyways, never loved, etc.

Now I just sit back and watch it all destroy itself. It will be entertaining to say the least. The real world is simply too boring and poisonous.

Maybe I wouldn't feel this way if I had met one of those mythical people who are "not like everyone else."

>> No.7826139

>>7826136
>>7826136
You're talking to them right now, you know.

>> No.7826142

>>7826139
You know what he meant.

>> No.7826152

4As at A-level
Currently in 3rd year of Medical School
Considering doing a BSc alongside it but I really don't want to.

I wouldn't say I'm a NEET since I am in education, but I spend most of my time indoors since I don't like going outside or speaking to people. I do have a few friends who I occasionally see but not as often as other people.

>> No.7826164

>>7826136
>Now I just sit back and watch it all destroy itself. It will be entertaining to say the least. The real world is simply too boring and poisonous.

Edgy hardcore teenage-mentality special snowflake spotted.

Also, as someone in a similar situation, I want to start taking control of my life. Someone told me the only universally bad character trait was believing that you don't have control over your fate or things in life. I'm tired of thinking no one will hire me because it's all chance. I just have to try.

>> No.7826177

>>7826164
>Someone told me the only universally bad character trait was believing that you don't have control over your fate or things in life
Haha, no.

>> No.7826182

In high school, I was a straight-F student. I utterly hated school and ditched nearly every day and hung out in Barnes & Nobles reading books.

However, when senior year came around, I transferred out of public school into a home school and did infinitely better; I even became a straight-A student. By the time I was 20 (2 years after my supposed-of graduation), I had enough credits to graduate.

Right now, I'm 21 and I haven't gotten a chance to begin college yet, because I've been moving around, got a job, and trying to sort out the shit I call a life.

>> No.7826186

I was an honor student in every subject except math. I never went to college, though, since my anxiety and depression started to develop.

>> No.7826188

School was easy but extremely boring so I never put forth much effort and I didn't bother going back for tenth grade.

I'm well taken care of so that decision hasn't bit me in the ass yet.

>> No.7826190
File: 23 KB, 251x251, getoutofjp.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>school
>university/college

Fucking summer. Get out of our board, normalfags. This board is true NEET only, your kind isn't welcome or wanted around here.

>>>/b/
>>>/soc/

>> No.7826199

>>7826186
>except math
What a moron

>> No.7826200

Lazy high achiever reporting in.
I am basically like Yui.
Only difference was, university is tough as fuck and I couldnt perform the same as I was in high school.
Straight As student till high school.
I got 2HD, 1D and 1C for my A-Level Equivalent.
Once I hit University I got majority P and C for my subjects.
It is sad how you actually need to put in effort. Instead I just sleep through university.
NEET by choice since I actually got a honour degree. Just not first class.
I was never bullied since I am not an obnoxious and actually blend in as a normalfag.

>> No.7826203
File: 88 KB, 730x810, 1315001366452.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7826190
If you haven't read the entire thread, I'm not surprised that you'd decide to charge in here blind and use an overrated image that I get tired of seeing.

You make it sound as if people lived successful lifes or something. We didn't.

>> No.7826207

I'm about to graduate from medical school.

>> No.7826217

>>7826199
>everyone must be good at every subject
When I speak of math I'm not talking about the basic shit, I can do that fine. It's just the more advanced things I wasn't that great at.

>> No.7826226

>>7826217
And that is why you are stupid.
Math is the only subject that you dont have to study and memorize for since it is all about intelligence.

>> No.7826235

>>7826226
I never studied and still got As in every other subject.

>> No.7826245

Drifted along the current all of my life avoiding any potential troubles, like studing hard to get good grades or falling behind, getting girlfriends or a job etc, living quietly and aimlessly.

>> No.7826264

>>7826203
>You make it sound as if people lived successful lifes or something. We didn't.
>lifes

Gee, I wonder why? Also, you and the rest of these faggots don't know shit about what it means to be NEET. You're exactly like those /a/ kids who call themselves hikkikomori after finishing Welcome to the NHK, which they will invariably call the best anime ever.

>> No.7826274

>>7826264
I haven't seen that shit though.

And I'm fairly certain that I do. If I hadn't, I'd pretty much be living a normal life right now and not "living" off my mother and leeching off the goverment and shit.

>> No.7826282
File: 182 KB, 319x413, lookdeepintomyeyesbaby.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Studying science and don't know anything.

>> No.7826283
File: 94 KB, 427x441, 3414613452.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

So.../jp/ do you already know what you will do when the U.S. Defaults and everything goes to shit?

>> No.7826333

I did great, top student in my highschool, got honored by the principal. Only ever had very few but good friends who all left school earlier, never really felt the need to expose myself to the real world that much. Spend time with videogames, had a blast.
Yes, got a master degree and a state exam. Also got addicted to anime/collecting figures/playing VNs during that time because i was just bored, passed all tests no problem. Still felt no need to get involved with anyone. The girls i had an interest in were all taken, felt bad. Got a few friends out of it, but lost interest after graduating.
>How have your results affected your life? Are they a primary reason that you are a NEET?
>Not a NEET, but a teacher now. Its fun but the first 2 years are very hard to endure where i live (germany) due to low wages for beginners and a truckload of theory sessions and shit. Im so tired i basicly abondoned the real world, just doing my thing for now. I'll endure the beginners phase, get a really high wage afterwards and start having parties with lots of crack and whores I mean good music and nice girls... :p In the meantime i enjoy what i allways did, games and japanese products ^^ So i kinda feel like a NEET with a fulltime job. Works for me.

>> No.7826358

Can we all just accept that Otaku Culture doesn't have anything to do with how you've personally fucked up at life? I'm tired of seeing blog threads all over.

>> No.7826365

School / High school were piss easy because my country inverts more in militia than on education.

Now I enjoy the pain of "college". Still easy (because my career is shit) but the forced socialization and boarding is killing me slowly.

>> No.7826372

>>7826333

Your post is cancerous. Get out of /jp/

>> No.7826379

>>7826358
>otaku culture
You must be new here.

>> No.7826402

>>7826379

No, I just think it would be wonderful if this board was no longer /r9k/ for failures, regardless of the title.

>> No.7826403

Shitty thread Wasshoi!!
     \\ Shitty thread Wasshoi! //
 +   + \\Shitty thread Wasshoi!/+
        ∬ ∬    ∬ ∬    ∬ ∬  +
   +     人      人      人     +
         (__)    (__)    (__)
  +    (__)   (__)   (__)     +
.   +   ( __ )  ( __ )  ( __ )  +
      ( ´∀`∩ (´∀`∩) ( ´∀`)
 +  (( (つ   ノ (つ  丿 (つ  つ ))  +
       ヽ  ( ノ  ( ヽノ   ) ) )
       (_)し'  し(_)  (_)_)

>> No.7826445

>>7825942

Graduated in 2001, now fuck off.

>> No.7826458

Did ok in primary/middle school, fucked up highschool pretty bad but still got into a uni, studied history and archaeology, graduated last year.
Fast forward to today, im working a dead end job at mcdonalds thats killing my health (90% night shifts, sigh), saving up money to move somewhere else. Even if nothing changes, and it probably wont, i'll feel better after trying.
Worth noting - /jp/ is partly responsible for me still being alive at this point, if it wasnt for my dolls, i'd seriously have nothing to come home to and would've killed myself a while ago.
And no, i don't think my educational achievements have anything to do with how i am now. Im not a neet, im employed. Im not even socially retarded, im just so tired of having to deal with people. At least dolls don't start shit with you for no apparent reason...

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action