[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 428 KB, 640x480, win.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7805724 No.7805724 [Reply] [Original]

HOLY SHIT. I never thought I'd win one of these games. Sure, PoFV was pretty easy compared to EoSD but still, this is pretty big achievement for an incompetent moron like me.

How easy is PoFV on the sliding scale of Touhous?

>> No.7805731

The easiest

>> No.7805730

I don't know, but I can't 1cc it unless I use Youmu.

>> No.7805733

Seeing how even I could beat it, probably the very easiest.

>> No.7805734

I'd say it's pretty difficult actually.
I still haven't beaten the extra stage, not even with Komachi.
There are no real patterns you can memorize but only random danmaku, so you have to rely on your dodging skills most of the time

>> No.7805738

>random danmaku, so you have to rely on your dodging skills most of the time

This, pretty much. I found it harder to 1CC all characters there than with other Touhou games.

>>7805730

Medicine and Aya?

>> No.7805744 [DELETED] 

>>7805738

Haven't unlocked them yet, so I can't say. I've only managed to 1cc the game with Youmu, and Sakuya with continues. I keep losing to Eiki.

>> No.7805747

>>7805738

I've only beaten the game with Youmu and Sakuya, with only Youmu being a 1cc. I haven't even unlocked those two. Eiki keeps destroying me.

>> No.7805776

Medicine and Aya make the game easyeasy mode though.

PoFV's difficulty ultimately depends on how well you process random bullet patterns, and it really rewards an aggressive play style.

Extra is also a walk in the park if you play for score, you'll have more lives than what you know what to do with.

>> No.7805818

>>7805776

It's a bitch and a half if you aren't playing aggressively, in my opinion. Actually, I'm not even sure how I'd do that, or how to pursue high scores. Even after clearing Extra with every character, I feel like I still don't know how to play the game well, and I don't think I've even improved at PoFV much.

>> No.7805835

The game really messes with my playstyle. Having to spam the z button instead of holding it down feels very unnatural to me.

Not to mention mine can only play the midi tracks for only half the tracks for some reason. Switching to wav turns the music off and disables midi permenantly

>> No.7805873
File: 261 KB, 640x480, extralives.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7805818
>I'm not even sure how I'd do that, or how to pursue high scores.
Kill everything, spam fairy class spells.

You can gain a life on extra just by clearing the first stage, if you're lucky.

>> No.7805904

Eh I never thought of this as a single player game to begin with. AI in these vs type games either tend to be really cheap and break the execution limitations by the most adept human, or wander about in a drunken stupor, where you will most likely learn nothing.

Most of the fun is playing with other people. In my case my siblings were pretty interested in learning this game

>> No.7805938

Stop playing competitive games against the AI.

>> No.7806237

>>7805938
But, I'm too shy to play against real people. I even solo MMOs

;_;

>> No.7806249

I've 1cc'd a number of games but not POFV yet. You ought to try Ten Desires next, it's quite easy and you can work from there.

I personally find EOSD to be among the hardest of all Touhou games, only SA and maybe UFO are harder.

>> No.7806247

>>7806237
I know that feel.

>> No.7806276

>>7806249
I have pretty good luck w/ PCB, but just like every Toho, dat stage 5 difficulty spike fucking ends me.

>> No.7806335
File: 195 KB, 850x919, 1240672600853.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm pretty good at the other games, but I seem to need thrice as much practice to even survive more than 30 seconds against Eiki.

I guess I suck at dodging.

>> No.7806336

>>7806249
I actually find EOSD to be one of the easier ones, from the perspective of someone who doesn't play past normal modes. It was the first one I tried, so it was hard then, but after playing the other ones...The entire game seems to move in slow motion. The only part that makes it seem more difficult to me is no point of collection unless you're already at full power.

>> No.7806349

>>7806336
The game might actually be moving in slow motion for you. I played EOSD at 50fps for 5 months without knowing it, because for some reason that was the "factory" settings for me.

>> No.7806361

The game was amusingly easy for me considering my only skill is reactive dodging, i'm pretty terrible at pattern memorization and recognition.

Probably why the games don't get old for me, because I never get to the point where I know exactly what to do for each card by memorizing them. Hilariously, I can still 1cc most of the games on Hard.

>> No.7806373

>>7806349
It says it's at 60 but I wouldn't be surprised if it was then. How did you fix it?

>> No.7806392

I haven't even 1cced this game, but I think it's not harder or easier than the other games, it's just very different.
People like me tend to memorize the patterns or spells to clear the games. In PoFV, you don't have anything to memorize.
Every bullet goes completely random and you have to dodge it. So for these people who have good dodging skills, the game sure is easier than the others.

>> No.7806565

>>7806336
EoSD may not be the hardest lunatic difficulty in the series, beaten by SA and UFO as the lower levels are not so hard on EoSD as they are on the latter games.

But what EoSD has to offer is the hardest boss in the series. This boss is easilly harder than 11-card Yukari. And this boss only has FIVE spell cards. Yeah, I'm talking about Remilia Scarlet, lunatic, here. She has some cards that are based on learning, some random spam to test your dodging abilities... And, her two final spells are a hell for even an experienced player. Scarlet Meister is doable, it just needs lots of practice. But Scarlet Gensokyo is a spell that literally shouts "fuck you" at the players face.

EoSD may not offer not much for normal level players, and the easymode of the game is a joke. Even Flandre isn't that bad, it just needs some learning. (Don't bomb on Extra bosses in the latter games; merciless bombspam it takes the learning part out of it. When your facing Yukari or Koishi you should want to capture at least most of the spells. That will actually make the extra-beating to feel like something.)

I myself may be a bit too critical 'bout bombs, only using them on stages or that Cirno's 1st noncard I still can't capture on lunatic. When it's me against spell such as Scarlet Gensokyo is, I restrict myself from bombing. EoSD lunatic has been an epic journey for me. I don't want to end it with bombspam.

>> No.7806571

>>7806565
You can't really bomb spam Remilia anyway, she just turns invincible

>> No.7806573

>>7806373
My game said "50fps", though. Anyway, I got it working right by setting "Force 60 frames" in custom_e.exe.

>> No.7806574

>beaten by SA
... opinion, can't agree with

>> No.7806576
File: 386 KB, 646x846, kogasa.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7806565
difficulty is subjective. You think that Scarlet Gensokyo is the worst thing ever, while others shrug and are fine with the sea of bullets.
What spell you think is worst depends on what you're bad at. I for one hate patterns that require super precise tapping...

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action