[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 300 KB, 1024x900, 1313804156.36052844.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7764914 No.7764914 [Reply] [Original]

Alright /jp/, here's the deal:

Recently I have noted a surprising number of people expressing interest over working on a visual novel. I know this story has been going on around here for years, but this time I want to take advantage of that. Right now, we have a /jp/ channel on IRC dedicated to making and sharing original content, kind of an extension to the OC thread. We tried to get a few projects going before, but for many reasons which ranged from lack of writers to poor direction, we failed all of them so far.
Trying to avoid that, we are organizing this call to arms with the following purpose: get anyone who is interested on working on a SHORT VN(around 20k words to be more precise) to join the channel, and get a few discussions going about which sort of scenario should we work on.

Before you jump the gun, be advised that we currently have around 10 people standing by at the channel, and have been for quite a while. Of course that when talking about actual projects the line of responsibility gets hazier, but so far I'm under the impression that people quitting randomly won't be a problem.

So tl;dr of what you need to do:

1) Join #jp-devel @ irc.rizon.net (http://cbe001.chat.mibbit.com/#jp-devel@irc.rizon.net))
2.a) Artists/Musicians/Coders who are interested, join and move to step 3.
2.b) Writers, pitch your idea of a scenario you'd want to write until the end.
3) Discuss the project until we have a fixed goal.
4) Take it easy.

If you just want to talk with other /jp/ users, that is also fine, we mostly chat about all sorts of related shit anyway. More people are always appreciated.

See you guys there.

>> No.7764929

Should make that post-apoc magical girl story one guy mused about a few years back.

>> No.7764935

Good luck. No seriously. I sincerely hope the project doesn't fall apart since I would love if /jp/ was able to finish more projects. The track record is pretty bad though, so I don't have much faith for the ones that do pop up.

>> No.7765004

The only way I'd be interested in helping with any part of a VN was if I did the whole thing myself.

>> No.7765147

>>7765004
I know where you are coming from, but that might not be necessarily the best thing in this case. This will be a short project, just to test the waters of development with /jp/. If you can do anything related, it's already worth just for the sake of the experience.

Besides, it's not like you'll be working with strangers either.

>> No.7765216

I have a bachelor's degree in music theory and composition, and am currently unemployed. This could potentially be interesting.

>> No.7765233

Should be an otaku VN, set in a western weeaboo community. Starring several fujoshi type heroines, going from narutard, to perverted hentai chick, to bona fide yaoi fangirl, to deepfag girl, to hipster mainstreamfag (who isn't really a fujoshi in any sense of the word). MC is the answerman from ANN.

>> No.7765235

>>7765233
Wow, that sounds so awful.

>> No.7765236

Composer and coder here.
I'd join if you get a decent scenario and art first, since my work comes later.
Good luck.

And use KiriKiri.

>> No.7765241

>>7765236
I actually have a favor to ask. Well, it's not really a favor, but I'd like to ask you to consider joining the channel even though we don't have anything set in stone yet. It really helps to have input from other people around, Regardless of if you aren't being totally serious about it or not. The more people hanging around, the merrier.

>> No.7765240

Failed /jp/ project #35689

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action