[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/jp/ - Otaku Culture

View post   

File: 37 KB, 256x354, Ever17_Game_Box_Art_by_Hirameki.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7752012 No.7752012 [Reply] [Original]

Hello /jp/, I'm interested in playing Ever17 and I've found several (shitty) download links for the English version published by Hirameki and the jp release. I'd like to know which to go with, as I've heard bad things about the Hirameki release and I can't seem to find any details on 3rd party english patch.

Advice would be great.

>> No.7752017

What the fuck, there are people who complain about the Hirameki release? I read it and it was just fine; just read Hirameki's version.

>> No.7752020

You're asking if someone else translated a game that was already translated? Just go away.

>> No.7752021

Most of us played the Hirameki version, even back in 2007.

The translation is readable, there's a couple noticeable typos but nothing that ruins the VN.

>> No.7752025

The Hirameki release has some issues, but it's perfectly playable.

Plus, if you played the Japanese release, you'd miss out on such gems as "Naturally, I knows the hacker."

>> No.7752027

>>7752021
What about that thing with the wrong dates?
I still understand that until today, but if I had noticed it back then I would have been pretty confused

>> No.7752029
File: 264 KB, 990x706, ever17trans.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Good ole' Hirameki release

>> No.7752070

I'm just another concurring voice for the hirameki translation. It's far from great(in fact there's some pretty silly things in it), but very little that actually harms the experience. It's more "the first name is written but the voices are saying the last name" type of shit.

I guess this is what happens when controller importers translate things.

>> No.7752075

There is a typo fix patch... somewhere...

Too lazy to go find it at the moment.

>> No.7752081

Since its so rare to see a Ever17 thread... Anyone found anything about the remake? What changed and what is the new route? I would be nice to find out...

>> No.7752120

>>7752081
It isn't out yet.

As for what changed: It'll be rewritten (with significant changes), everything will be redrawn, the music will be recomposed, and none of the original creators except for the music guy (Takeshi Abo) are working on it.

>> No.7752166

>>7752120
No information on details yet... I guess everyone is in the dark with this. Somehow I don't like the new Karma arrangement, I hope they don't screw up

>> No.7752540

>>7752120
Takigawa Yuu, the character designer/artist did the new promo art and Tsugumi's new clothes.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action